X

May 19 - 14:06:58
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Wackback death disabled. Started by: Squishy on Oct 10, '12 14:48

And then I read Mercury's.

Crawls under a rock and dies.......

Report Post Tip

Sigh.

I have never been a fan of WB being taken out completely or messing with the gun numbers over it. I guess I am one of the few who think the randomness was an exciting element to bring to the game.

Well, being a newer member to MR, I expect a lot of changes to just come of this one. For a WB death change, I know more will come into place. Whether it effects guns, life span, random excitement... This effects all elements of the game. Not to be rude, but what else we going to change about the game now? Let's get those taperd guns and mess with those numbers and increase the BG counts since there is going to be more killing (without a risk). MEH

Yes, we don't NEED the WB in place, but without it, everything else is going to be tweaked which I am not a huge fan of.

Pulls out his jiuce box.

Report Post Tip

I have never liked WB deat, as I never felt it truly did what it was designed to do. I do however like Mercury's idea, because there should be some danger in hitting, especially with how many targets there are in a days time.

Report Post Tip

Don't agree with this one, wackback should remain in game.

Report Post Tip

So now the top accounts, who had already stopped training on ias now have no reason to stay stopped.  It is absolutely ridiculous to remove this threat without something to replace it already implemented.  This is a completely irresponsible change.  What am I even playing for if the top accounts can just train train train forever with no possible draw back?  No way can I ever compete with someone who has a 1000 wack stat and can now train to their hearts content.  I can never have enough bgs to make me a hard shot for them.  the last 3 accounts to WB death.. I think the point is that 309 kills should NOT be considered middling.. that should be a pretty good gun capable of doing a bit of damage.  I am not bothered at all about the last three people who WB died.  I have WB died... and I didnt care then either. 

there has to be a draw back in place, before you remove the ONLY reason that the top guns have to switch to bgs. 

Report Post Tip

Pumpkins, please go back and read what you wrote - line by line. Then tell me if that is exactly what is happening here? "What am I even playing for if the top accounts can just train train train forever with no possible draw back". "Forever" sounds like an awful long time. When I wrote this, never did I imagine that people would think that wackback was removed permanently and that no substitute would ever be put in its place. The reason I didn't think that people would think that is because of when I wrote "until another method can replace it."

I am sorry if my wording was poor; let me reword:

"It is clear that wackback death is not doing what it is designed to do and has been disabled until another method can replace it."

to

"It is clear that wackback death is not doing what it is designed to do and has been disabled until another method can replace it, which wont be forever, and depending on the speed of the PC, should be a few days. During those few days, I don't believe millions and millions of shots will be taken, so I don't forsee any dramatic events to happen during these few days, except maybe saving the life of an account that would have died of wackback"

I know this comes across as snarky, but it's difficult to reply to "its the end of the world" statements that have been exaggerated for dramatic effect.

Report Post Tip

PC-El_Nino has voted YES. [2] (I like the idea of tapering. WB death hasn't slowed gun progression.)
PC-Cassiopeia has voted YES. [1] (WB is not accomplishing what is was intended to do. With tapering it will allow for the slowing of gun building. Though I would prefer to see the first tier implemented, rather than the second.)
PC-Patti has voted YES. [1] (I am going to say yes. Unless WB was implemented for bodyguards too, keeping it is not going to stop big guns from getting bigger. They will just work twice as hard. Tapering will close the the gap and help slow the big guns from outrunning the average gun.)
PC-Pratster has voted YES. [1] (WB Death isn't doing what it's meant to. Tapering will.)
PC-Squishy has voted YES. [1] (yesyesyesyes)
PC-Warrior has voted YES. [1] (I like the idea of tapering, though would rather keep WB. Either way I feel the tapering is worthwhile even in its current form of a replacement.) PC-Grin has voted NO. [4] (Tapering is a good idea. Removing WB death is not.)
PC-ralph has voted NO. [3] (Tapering by itself would result in those being tapered to work overtime in keeping their guns on top - combine both, neither, or figure out an alternative.)
PC-Flash-Fire has voted NO. [1] (I dislike the idea of punishing those that have put in the work to obtain the best guns.)
PC-Tech has voted NO. [1] (Why change the only thing making people scared of training guns??) PC-Asylum has not voted. [1]
PC-Sayyid has not voted. [1]
PC-Ter has not voted. [1]

Totals, Yes: 7 (6), No: 9 (4), Undecided: 3 (3).

right now this vote is failing, so please forgive me if I am not relying on the PC to have made a decision and everything be all set up in a couple days.  If it is JUST a couple days, what is the rush to disable the feature now.  Unless you plan on grandfathering in any negative or deminished returns on shooting starting from the second that you announced that WBD was being disabled.  I am sure that isnt the case, so... there is just no reason at all to have done this.  It is even more irresponsible in my opinion, to rush the removal of WB if you really think a replacement is coming in a couple days.

Report Post Tip

The vote is actually only failing because of the weighted votes. If you'll notice... A majority of the PC voted to pass this idea. So I'm sure a compromise can be reached within a few days, especially since WB has been removed and we know we are in need of a replacement.

Report Post Tip

Why dont you be patient and wait to see what happens before you start spouting at the mouth pumpkins I mean wow. I dont really agree with this either but I am not going to bitch and complain about the fact the the pc's arent exactly the quickest. Patience is a very good tool to have in this world. And maybe instead of complaining about the current options on the table why dont you actually help come up with a new and better one?

Report Post Tip

everyone needs to step back, let the situation unfold, and go from there. Its only disabled until a resolution can be reached.

Report Post Tip

Should people in power ATM even be able to vote? lol I mean :\

Report Post Tip

The 300 kill gun user  is a posing threat to those top tier accounts.
Top tier guns aren't training, so the WB death does not effect them.
Your 300 kill gun WB dies... thus eliminating a threat to those top tier guns.

Honostly, and lets just be 100% honest about it.... a top tier guys gun is in no way effecting your ability to kill him.
You need to worry about the people building up to actually KILL that top tier gun.

All removing WB will do to the top tier accounts is giving them a reason to spend credits to shoot MIAs (for achievement purposes), give them a reason to kill specific ranked durdens (for achievement purposes), and honostly.. to race... to keep clicking skills and clicking rythem sharp.

Buying MIAs will help eliminate game money from the game.
It will help lower the price of credits in the marketplace as the credit demand increases.
It will create revenue for the game with more credits being purchased with $$ to pay to support this game we all love. 

Report Post Tip

May I also add, the top guys usually die becauseof 1%, not WB.
Can we please make sure people are not confusing 1% and  WB. 

Report Post Tip

There's some flawed logic being posted in this thread. By disabling the current WB feature, we all of a sudden aren't going to be able to ever take down the current powerhouse accounts. What does having a 9000 kill gun do to your defense? Nada. The largest guns in the game can take 99% of us out in 1 shot, even before this change. What this change does not prevent is the uprising seen time and time again. 

In chopping down the giant trees that are power accounts, the userbase has a pretty good understanding that it becomes a war of attrition. Not everyone BG wacking can be pro'd, and we're guaranteed to lose 1 member every hour. A Boss with no BGs is just as easy to kill for a +900 gun as it is for a +100 gun. Giving people like Pratster and DS the ability to safely +1 like everyone else doesn't make them harder to kill just like me powering through JBs doesn't make me harder to kill. What makes them hard to kill is the defenses they have bought and placed around them - whether that be Bodyguards, HQ fortifications, strong allies, political prowess...

A man with a +9999 is no more dangerous than a man with a [insert biggest current gun here] because they can both 1 shot you right now. Do I think the WB death needs to be worked on? I think the WB death should come into play once your gun reaches X amount of kills...maybe when you're in the top 30% strength. Is disabling it right now disasterous for the game? Nah, not in my eyes.

Report Post Tip

There's some flawed logic being posted in this thread. By disabling the current WB feature, we all of a sudden aren't going to be able to ever take down the current powerhouse accounts. What does having a 9000 kill gun do to your defense? Nada. The largest guns in the game can take 99% of us out in 1 shot, even before this change. What this change does not prevent is the uprising seen time and time again. 

that isnt really true, in the last big wars, the top three guns needed bg waves before they could hit.  if they can continue without worry of wb death, then eventually they will be at a point where they can 1 shot everyone again.. and more and more people will get there.  Bgs are already out of control, but more and more will be needed to protect against the massive gun. 

In chopping down the giant trees that are power accounts, the userbase has a pretty good understanding that it becomes a war of attrition. Not everyone BG wacking can be pro'd, and we're guaranteed to lose 1 member every hour. A Boss with no BGs is just as easy to kill for a +900 gun as it is for a +100 gun. Giving people like Pratster and DS the ability to safely +1 like everyone else doesn't make them harder to kill just like me powering through JBs doesn't make me harder to kill. What makes them hard to kill is the defenses they have bought and placed around them - whether that be Bodyguards, HQ fortifications, strong allies, political prowess...

I'm not saying at all that it is easier to kill an acount with a lower gun, that is ridiculous... Allowing them to continue their training without any possible reprecussion widens the gap and maked it easier and easier for THEM to kill ME, no matter how many bgs I have.

A man with a +9999 is no more dangerous than a man with a [insert biggest current gun here] because they can both 1 shot you right now.

a lot of people can one shot me.... I don't like the idea that, however unlikely, Phil_Steak can train his ass off right now and get to where he can one shot DS WITHOUT ANY POSSIBILITY OF A DRAWBACK.

Do I think the WB death needs to be worked on? I think the WB death should come into play once your gun reaches X amount of kills...maybe when you're in the top 30% strength. Is disabling it right now disasterous for the game? Nah, not in my eyes.

I am totally fine with making a change... I am not ok with removing any possible drawback of continuing to train without replacing it with something else FIRST.

Report Post Tip

The vote is actually only failing because of the weighted votes. If you'll notice... A majority of the PC voted to pass this idea. So I'm sure a compromise can be reached within a few days, especially since WB has been removed and we know we are in need of a replacement.

There is a reason they are weighted, and I am glad that decision was made to weigh the votes, so it is failing for good reason.

also, Warrior voted yes when he should have voted, because his comment said that he doesn't agree with WB being removed. 

Report Post Tip

Phil_Steak: The top tier guns aren't training because of the fear of WB death. If you remove that fear you remove their reason for not training. Even with each kill "only" being worth 0,5 as Izzy have suggested that is +30 from MIAs alone. With active racing and durdens the top guns can improve a great deal each month. Now that the BG cap it tied to the top guns this will mean that the BG cap will be raised even further. Making it even harder for new accounts to come in range of killing them than it is today. I understand very well why you support this change. It will be of considerable advantage to you while you are in power. But try to see the bigger picture. Catching up with the ones on the top even now that most of them are not training because of fear for WB death is like climbing mount Everest. Don't make it even harder. It will only hurt the game in the long term.

Phil_Steak:

The top tier guns aren't training because of the fear of WB death. If you remove that fear you remove their reason for not training. Even with each kill "only" being worth 0,5 as Izzy have suggested that is +30 from MIAs alone. With active racing and durdens the top guns can improve a great deal each month. Now that the BG cap it tied to the top guns this will mean that the BG cap will be raised even further. Making it even harder for new accounts to come in range of killing them than it is today.

I understand very well why you support this change. It will be of considerable advantage to you you now that you are in power. But try to see the bigger picture. Catching up with the ones on the top even now that most of them are not training because of fear for WB death is like climbing Mount Everest. Don't make it even harder. It will only hurt the game in the long term.

Report Post Tip

Rofl, I seem to have gone ahead and pulled a kuku. I have no idea how that happened. I only typed the text once.

Report Post Tip

Ludarius,

You're thought process is silly. The fact that you think this benefits my account, is flat out wrong.
I have no false sense of being alive forever. I know this reign will end. I know I will spend far more of my time in the middle of the pack, as I have always done before.

Know what I HAVE experienced?

I experienced WBding with a very formidable gun... come back... building up another great gun, to die in a war. Had I not WBed, I would have had a gun that may have been useful again the top tier players at the time. But instead, I had two decent guns, but never made it to the top gun.

Truth is, the top guys can already 1 shot you. The more of you die off while trying to build up a gun to actually 1 shot the BG cap, the longer the to guns will be on top.
Sure, I want this right now, because it will keep me entertained, finishing achievements I otherwise would not go for, since the risk/reward is pointless. 

However, what I do likea bout this, in the long term, is that when my next account gets to about 300 kills, I won't WB before I can make my power move to take out the top guys at that point in time.

Thing is, these "super god" accounts having a huge gun does not make them harder to kill.
You pro-wack your biggest hitter every hour, while the rest of the members do BG waves.
A Godfather with a 3,000 kill gun is going to do the same amount of damage as a Godfather with a 700 kill gun.
The best gun on the other side is going to remain protected so that the big top tier guy cannot kill him, while the rest BG wave. 99% of the people that are going to be shot at would be 1 shot if you let the top guys train or not.

Hell, if anything, this is giving the other guys in the bottom half of the top tier... a chance ot build up their gun.. to take out the top guys.
Instead of stopping their progression at 450 kills, this gives that person the ability to build up to lets say 600, to kill an IWP person. If you stop the gun progression, it allows the people at the top to live longer, while the only true weapons close enough to do damage have to stop their progress as well. 

Report Post Tip

Alowing the top guns to train further, even only at half speed, will make their guns stronger. That will raise the BG cap and alow the top accounts to ourchase more BGs for themself and their friends.

This will make them even harder to kill and allow the largest cities to BG up up even more. Making the gap between a new and an old account even larger.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Wackback death disabled.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL