Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 06:20:29
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Am I a Don or a Loans Officer? Started by: Iris on Sep 27, '08 15:24
She steps out of her HQ laughing as she holds a letter addressed to her. Knowing at least one other Don has recieved the same sort of thing she decides to bring it to you for some entertainment.

So, here I am, sitting at my desk doing the month end books when a youth walks into my office, my guards of course at the ready they surround him. I decided to let the young one speak and this is what he had to say.

Without a stutter the child spoke, "hi i hear your the person to speak to when you have an urgent matter that needs resolved"

My curiousity peeked I had to ask him what he felt was so urgent to which he replied with one word, "Money".

Laughing I just looked at him and asked, "What do I look like? A frigging bank? A loans officer?"

I am a Don of Philly, I am the family leader of Philly. I don't work for First National Trust. I do not work for the Bank of Philadelphia. I am a mobster.

Hoping the youngster would get the hint and leave I turned my attention back to the books when I heard him utter these words:

No you look like a fool do u understand the consequences of not giving me the money . I present you with this... (hands over letter)

The soldiers

of the Public

Demand you hand over the sum of $1000000 or suffer major losses to buisness and personel.

Kind regards the soldiers of the public

After hearing these words I looked up and motioned for my guards to remove him from my office and warehouse all together.

I know these are the utterances of a Civilian, probably one not educated in the way things work around here. I have to ask though. After these threats made upon my family should this young man live? No matter how powerless he has tried to extort money from me using threats against my family as leverage.

Should he die? Should he live? This is something that will come to be decided I am sure very soon. He is but a Civilian now but in 24 hours he will be a risk to my family and others. Should we give people like this a chance?
Report Post Tip
I honestly don't think those protected by the 48 hour guideline but blatently make moves such as this should be given that time frame. They are obviously aware of how things work, and abuse the courtesy of the policy in place. As the my ancestors from the great empire of persia once said, "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!"

Then again I'm not from persia so it might just be this joint talking.

BuddahBear chugs his whiskey and stumbles on down the street
Report Post Tip
The only way that this civilian's bloodline will ever learn the ways of this thing of ours would be for, presumably the first of them to come to these shores, to be made an example of to future generations.

My opinion is that he should be killed for such blatant disrespect to a Don, then hopefully he will learn the error of his ways.
Report Post Tip
To answer the original title of this discussion - I would assume you're a Don, with some loan officer sprinkled into the mix. Cash is, after all, the lifeblood of any organization. I would assume therefore, to cultivate a successful one, one would become involved in the lending of cash for a greater return. Then again, I've been wrong before.

Moving on, this particular gentleman has clearly violated one of the key rules that govern life here, know your place. Honestly, I doubt anyone predicts a long and successful career for this individual, probably not even himself. It starts with blatant stupidity and ends in, well, blatant stupidity.

Education is great, but you cannot ram it down someone's throat. Educate those who want to learn, punish those who don't. A nice first lesson would be "what happens when you're disrespectful to a Don".

Medulla
Report Post Tip
Don Iris, you did not get where you are by chance. It took hard work and dues paid. You don't have to suffer shit from this little civilian, nor should you have to wait until he turns 48. Are there not "innocent" civilians lost in every war that has ever been waged? This one is certainly not innocent. He knows the rules and is blatantly ignoring them and taunting you. No one, I repeat, no one will think ill of you if you decide to wack him now before he turns 48 and poses any kind of threat to the safety of your family members. I am quite sure the masses from all cities will support you should you decide to eliminate him early...

Respectfully speaking,

Bogart
Report Post Tip
I say bring him into the family, don't allow him to have a weapon...let him make you money, and dispose of him once you get what you want from him.
Report Post Tip
That isn't a loan request, that's blackmail. A very, very different matter all together.

Personally speaking, had he asked for a loan off me I may well have consented - I make money on interest and that is the name of the game after all. Again, personally speaking, I see this as crude blackmail, for which he deserves nought but a bullet.
Report Post Tip
I think some investigation should be conducted into the strength and numbers of the "the soldiers of the public". Too many powers were brought to their knees by shooting someone young and helpless just to find out they were the brother or sister of a powerful foe that was trying to make their mark within their own business.

With that said, I also agree with hyperbole in which bring him in, try to train, show him a little respect, then part with him as see fits.

This way whether he is a part of a powerful foe or not we have done our due diligence in respecting whom ever "the soldiers of the public" are.

If they do not see that we respect them and they continue to threaten then in the words of a draft of a book I saw lieing around about a futuristic galactic emperor "Wipe them out, all of them!"

Play on words, for the galactic was against the republic. For those who didn't get the analogy. :)
Report Post Tip
I belive that this matter has been confused,

No research should be taken up to investigate these "soldiers of the public" or whatever the hell they're called, No organazation should blackmail a don with just reputation, as Iris, such disrespect is unheard of, this gentleman (if he even deserves to be called a gentleman) has openly taken upon the treachorous tactics of extortion against a respected mob boss, yes, he may be a young, and unexperienced member of our community, but he is not innocent, if what he says is true he works for a rebelious and underground crew that should be ellimeinated,

So in my opinion he should die

-Labora
Report Post Tip
I think its pretty simple, he should die. Thats the only way he will learn how much of a falure! an attempt to muscle a don is. I think it will be a lesson learned for his bloodline him obviously being new to these shores.
Report Post Tip
I think he should die, kill his ass. Show him why you do not approach the Java Cartel with plans on being a dumb ass.

Baby Face
Report Post Tip
I wouldn't even waste my breath dealing with someone of that caliber. That being said, however, I think it is imperative that people learn from trial and error - The long, windy road to the top of the food chain does not begin by threatening a Don's organizational structure - However, I don't find much need to stoop to a civilian's level and deal with them personally.
Report Post Tip
This fellow obviously has been dropped on his head a sum of times when he was born,so i beleive that he should live cause he wont be a threat.
Report Post Tip
Who let clipper back in?
Report Post Tip
Blow his fucking brains out is my suggestion
Report Post Tip
I say you cancel his contract and whack him asap.
Report Post Tip
WAIT!, DON'T PULL THE TRIGGER......have you considered complicatations of this kids letter? yes kill him if you must but otherwise see where this leads. dont give them the money but see if this kid is telling the truth what. if there is an actual organization called soldiers of the public......if they decide to stop doing business with us we could track the names and then eliminate them all at once on the act of threatening a don. this is just my opinion. and a lowly goombas opinion doesnt matter to you al i know this i just thought it would solve a future problem thanks for listening forever loyal

bigdaddy182
Report Post Tip
You defiantly should not be approaching a Don asking for money, even more so if you aren't in there family. Honestly I wouldn't know why anyone would give you a loan to anyone that wasn't in there family or someone that their family line has known for sometime and can trust to return the money.

In my mind this is quite disrespectful, not only for the individual you asked but also to everyone else who is busting there ass trying to make it without the hand me downs. That right there already tells me one thing about these "Soldiers of the pubic" that they are lazy - if that is they actually exist...

As for insulting a don the throwing that threat out there I think he should be killed, this is not what being a mobster is about and defiantly one of the worst people you could say it to is a the Don (aka acting Godfather or Godmother) of a city.

Shakes his head...

I understand that it is a possibility he might be new to our shores, but you cant make it in the world where people are legit this way and turn there heads, how are you going to make it here knowing most of the people you talk to already have a gun and have the option of ending your life. Think before you act and use some common sense, a little respect never hurt anyone...

Thanks,

The Juggalo
Report Post Tip
I'd hand him a cookie and pat him on his head. Kind of like you do the special kid who sits in the corner all day and talks about blowing up the world. Make a simple action and maybe they won't be so crazy.

OR

Take him down to the docks and shoot him. Either way it's like keeping a beaten dog around to protect you, pointless.

Eat's a cookie.
Report Post Tip
Good gosh, I think the only way to deal with someone like this is to fit him with cement shoes in order to send a message to whatever 'organization' (most likely there isn't one in the first place, but if there is, who cares...) that you won't be dealt with in that manner.

It's not like you need to run in fear from stupid idiots.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Am I a Don or a Loans Officer?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL