Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:18:57
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Best Friend's Loyalty Vs. A Divided City Started by: Neon on Nov 16, '12 05:44

As I know that anyone on the opposing side will destroy any word I say, you can choose to believe my words or not to. I don't give a flying fuck if you think it's all bullshit. If you believe me, then thank you. At least some people aren't blind.

Philidelphia, as DeadlySin will try to make his Crew Leader's believe, is hardly a city. What do I mean by this? It is quite simple...We are many crews, under the dictator bunny. She is who calls the shots, by the way, not DeadlySin.

Let's talk about how about they refuse to let you demote your own people for bodyguards, even one's who raised their own money for these bodyguards. Doesn't matter that they are the friendliest person in your family or that they helped every member that joined, trained a good gun, and donated a lot. Oh no, it doesn't matter at all. DeadlySin didn't like him, so he wasn't allowed to get his deserved bodyguards. Better be on DeadlySin's good side or else he would shoot you for getting bodyguards that he didn't approve of. Don't believe me, here you go:

To: Neon

Sent: Oct 26, '12 03:34

Subject: #BGing people

***Mass Mail to all City Leaders***

If anyone gets bg'd up again without me being asked first I will shoot whoever gets the bgs. This is the only warning I'm giving so you'd better make sure your hands read this message and know this.

Now let's go on about how I get a mail about how people need to start talking to him because we are a "city". Yet, many mails were ignored by our own Godfather, DeadlySin or how the night that SquidMaster set's up I am talked to to see if I felt he was a good choice. Not a week before, the night of, I find out, let alone the rest of the city didn't even know until the thread was in the streets. We are rarely ever contacted unless they are in need of money or haven't recieved any money recently. That or they contact you the night before they need you around for a competition they were supposedly planning for weeks and didn't feel the need to tell us until the day it happened. That or how they use 150 million or more on a competition and then a few days later come to their Crew Leaders asking for more money. Not to mention how you ignore your crew leaders and hands in the meetings when they ask you questions, like "Can we get a list of those going to be bodyguarded" or "What about those plans that we had for raffling off a Chicago" which was then just gave to SquidMaster.

A city, you say? One you only speak to when you need us at that moment. 

Or how about you insult your own Crew Leaders, one's that were there for those rogues, one's that have sent you over at least 100 million, one's that have bodyguarded up their own members, without your help, or trying to catch a bg shooter that very few people helped with, or how they were there trying to get the defense together when LA and LV attacked New York...and yet they are, let me quote bunny on this "SquidMaster has done more for philly than anyone other than phil steak". Oh I'm sorry that we ever did anything for this city.

You lost my loyalty when I realized all you cared about was yourself and your favorite people. When it was only myself looking out for my own family. I am not the only one who felt this way, KingSao who was shot down over a mail telling his members the truth, that he was being forced to step down, not what he wanted, and asked them to stay as long as they could. I'm sure I can speak for EJlee and Goku also, who have been fed up with DeadlySin and his way of leading, or lack of. I can bet there are plenty more who are tired of how you control everyone's every move, but they are too scared to take a stand. Remember, even someone who is deemed untoucheable can die. Just open your eye's and realize this. Unless you enjoy being told what you can and can't do all the time, by someone who isn't from your own city.

I know I will not live through this to see another day, but I am glad to know I went down fighting for something I am sick of. Took a stand for something I believe.

Take it or leave it. This is why I am doing what I am doing. I will shine her light until I no longer can.

Thank you my dearest family for everything. You are amazing.

Report Post Tip

You just said what everybody already knew for months.

Philadelphia is run by "sicko bunny" and their paranoia is insane. It's not only your family's bgs they control, they also control Phil Steak and Squidmaster.

It's a shame to see Godfathers just follow orders of someone who doesn't even care about them. Particularly disapointed on Phil Steak, I thought he would be a leader, but he is nothing more then a follower that should have never left Deadlysin's city. Squidmaster was always a puppy.

Sadly, just like yourself and KingSao, they will also be too late on trying to stand up for themselves.

Report Post Tip

I'm a Squid, not a Puppy. Nice try though? :S

Report Post Tip

That special moment when you realize that the mafia is run by heavy-handed rulers and not kindergarten teachers.

Report Post Tip

Kurgan approaches his Crew leader and bows his head.

Don Neon i have done everything and more for you and never asked anything in return you and Seph have been my rock when i die today i die knowing that i served the best Crew Leader a man can ask to serve to the people of the crusaders and Starry Night INC RIP and it was an honour to have served you all. 

And a bigger Honour to join you all in the afterlife

Report Post Tip

As an innocent bystander I feel like I have a clear and unbiased mind (lie) to comment on the speech you just made.

Your first point about buying BGs. The Godfather of Philly practices what many others before him, and many others after him will practice. Only those that are trusted should receive body guards, regardless of who funds them, due to the automatic uber-defense received by becoming IWP. My bloodline has seen this before in New York, Detroit, and a Chicago of old. Is it the right thing to do in your eyes? No, and you're entitled to your opinion. Fortunately for DeadlySin, he's in the position to make that decision on his own. 

Next, as a former crew leader, you should know how busy this business can become. Mob mails are easily overlooked and buried in the wealth of messages that frequent an inbox. Assuming this is an automatic ignore may be a bit of misguided malcontent.

Being upset about not getting a voice in the decision to give SquidMaster Chicago? Once again I have to point to the power that comes with being Godfather of a city. It is not a democracy, but instead ruled by authoritative and decisive men (and women). Raffling off a city? Perhaps that was the initial idea, but again, the man who holds that office doesn't have to ask permission to change plans. There's a disturbing bitterness throughout your speech in regards to Chicago and SquidMaster which no doubt must provide PH leadership with confidence knowing they did not choose the wrong individual to run that city, because it seems you are letting business matters hit you close to the heart and become personal. 

Getting squeezed for cash. Money flows up, shit flows down. That's the way this thing of ours works and will always work. We should all be willing to hand over our last penny to our leaders if asked to do so. It is those individuals we trust with our life and whom we will ultimately lay our lives down for. Personally, I'd much rather work for a leader who makes heavy-handed decisions and has a strong idea of what the future of the city holds. Appearing unsure of ones self in upper structure meetings, taking too much advice and opinions from those beneath the position may show a lack of confidence or ability to solve problems and move the city forward as the singular leader of the city. Of course gathering ideas and brainstorming with city leadership is great if the ideas are worth listening to. If all you can sit back and say is "I did just as much as him" or assuming you should get a pat on the back for doing your job as a crew leader when you organized defenses when LA/LV attacked...I'd expect nothing short of that from those with keys to their own HQ. 

Hard decisions must be made sometimes whether we like it or not. Earlier this evening I saw a friend of mine laid to rest due to a mistake he made. From a personal stand point, do I like what was done? Absolutely not. From a business stand point, it had to be done. Those who step out of line must be punished. They must be punished for multiple reasons, namely to prevent widespread violence and to set/maintain a particular standard in the way we conduct ourselves. Jaguar crossed that line and was punished by death. KingSao was allegedly approached, had a discussion with the Godfather of his city and asked to step down for the betterment of the city. There was no foul there and all should have been well. When that mass mail went out that showed his discontent with the Godfather's ruling, he set a precedent. He made it clear to his 50 members that he was not at all happy with the decision that was made and asked everyone to join his discontent with laziness on a family migration. I like the guy, but I do not think the decision made by DeadlySin to remove him was extreme at all given the circumstance. 

I realize I am rambling so I will step down and go on about my business. 

Report Post Tip

LadySnide puffs on her cigarette and listens intently...

Ahh, I remember the good old days when bosses were set up based upon merit and not just because they were married to the man in charge. 

She cocks her head to the side and takes another long drag on her cigarette...

I do find it ever so amusing how bosses say it's the responsibility of the associate to select the right leader because they will be with them for life. Of course, then when they ask these other leaders to step down and then give these associates only one option to join...well, that seems just a bit hypocritical.

One more long puff and LadySnide drops the cigarette on the ground and snuffs it out with her heel.

Of course hypocrisy is running rampant these days. Why should anyone make an effort to do much of anything when those in charge make no effort themselves.

Turning her back on the audience, LadySnide walks off down the street...

Report Post Tip

I know, right? IT'S NOT FAIR!

Mortimer runs away crying uncontrollably...

Report Post Tip

"As I know that anyone on the opposing side will destroy any word I say, you can choose to believe my words or not to." Quoted by Neon

I'm a Squid, not a Puppy. Nice try though? :S
Reply by: SquidMaster at Nov 16, '12 06:06

Good job sir, Class A. You could always go back to suicide funerals and laugh your ass off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize I am rambling so I will step down and go on about my business.
Reply by: Vedder at Nov 16, '12 07:17

Thank god? That was a very detailed guide to the way you think, great... ... ... ...

Report Post Tip

As an innocent bystander

Hardly an accurate description given that Chicago are shooting at the Family of Neon?

Just an observation for an actual innocent bystander.

Report Post Tip

I can respect that you are doing something that you believe in. You are carrying out one of the oldest traditions we have, rank up and do something about it. You are also doing something else that i do not respect. It is one thing to inform the masses of why events have/are taking place its another to air dirty laundry and get your low blow sucker punches in. Im just a lamb though so back to grass eating for me.

Report Post Tip

Ahh, I remember the good old days when bosses were set up based upon merit and not just because they were married to the man in charge.

People have always setup whoever they wanted to for whatever reason they decided was worthwhile.

If you thought otherwise, you're extremely naive.

Report Post Tip

Heaven forbid a godfather taking responsibility for who receives bodyguards in his city! If you think a godfather should only tend to the 10 people he has in his HQ, and allow any mong in his city with a pocket full of credits to make themselves untouchable, then you are mad bro, no-one wants to live in your Skorptopia!

As for Sao, I think it spoke volumes early in his family, when his former Left and Right Hands did everything they possibly could to leave his family. It was probably a poor choice by DeadlySin to auth him in the first place, but we all know someone willing to buy their own bodyguards will be chosen for auth over someone with genuine leadership ability.

The letter Sao sent his crew was plain mutiny, and there is only one punishment for that... It could have just all been over in that one shot, but congrats on being just another leader that got her members needlessly killed.

Here is how your speech reads to passers by "Me and Sao are besties, we were bother uber jealous that Phil and Squid got chosen to lead their own cities over us, so we sulked about it to such extremities it caused DS to ask Sao to step down. Sao played up and got himself shot, and as he's my bestie I had to forget about my family and try avenge him, by shooting people that had nothing to do with the decisions I just mentioned, because that makes total sense..."

Report Post Tip

WHOA WHOA WHOA...

A GODFATHER IN THE MAFIA WAS ASKING FOR KICK UPS? OMG!

A GODFATHER IN THE MAFIA DIDNT TELL EVERY PEON UNDERNEATH HIM EVERY MOVE? OMG!

A GODFATHER THOUGHT MORE OF SOMEONE ELSE THAN YOU? OMG BOO HOO!

Jesus fucking christ, this is the mafia... not holdmyfuckinghandandcuddleme.com.

Report Post Tip

Everyone is an expert around here these days

Report Post Tip

...the night that SquidMaster set's up I am talked to to see if I felt he was a good choice. Not a week before, the night of, I find out, let alone the rest of the city didn't even know until the thread was in the streets

An interesting gripe. Unsure why this would be a bone of contention, but I suppose it hardly matters now since the originator of this speech is deceased.

Every decision a Godfather makes effects everything. I'd imagine his decisions were based around what he felt was best for his city.

Rest in peace to those who went down last night

Report Post Tip

"Everyone is an expert around here these days"

True fact OldMan, true fact.

Report Post Tip

There are so many things wrong with this speech, I don't even know if I should bother, but alas, I am.

Firstly, a best friends loyalty? Family, and in turn your city, comes before friends, every day of the week, every week of the year, so that's really nothing to base a decision on.

On to the opposing side destroying any word you say. They will only be able to do that, if your accusations are ridiculous, and your reasons don't make sense. You are the only person in control of whether your words are destroyable. (Yes that's a word, shhh!(I think)) If they turn out to be just that, it doesn't make the opposide side blind, it makes your reasoning shit.

For the next part, I don't know why you feel you need to shout the name bunny at us, we are hearing every other word you say perfectly fine. It's also quite well known that a RH often holds the same power over the family/city as the Crew Leader/Godfather, especially if the CL/GF is ever absent. The whole reason the CL/GF chooses that RH is because they are good at the job, and they trust them. So if bunny was making decisions for the city, so what? She's the RH, that's part of her job.

Reading over the transcipt of the mass mail you then showed us, it doesn't look to me that he wasn't allowing you to demote your people for bodyguards, when they paid for them themselves, merely that he wanted to KNOW about it happening, before it actually happened. It's the same logic I apply to New York. You wanna buy your own BG's? Great! Go for it! Just inform your CL, who should then inform me of what's about to happen, rather then thinking. "Why the fuck is so and so now at the bottom of the list with IWP? I haven't heard a fucking thing about this!" Seems like simple communication to me, a Godfather will of course want to know about what is going on in his own city.

The next part seems to be a lot of "I need to know everything that is happening at all times, all the time!" when no, you don't. You aren't the Godfather, you don't need to know what is happening with sending people to other cities, you don't need to know what is happening in the city as a whole. The only think you need to know is what is happening in your specific family. You sort your family out, the Godfather sorts the city out.

The quote from bunny (Maybe you have a problem with this word? I'll carry on shouting it out for everyone just in case) seems again like a bit of a misunderstanding. I don't see her saying "You have done nothing for the city. Everything you've done wasn't worth the time." I see "SquidMaster has done more" which might be true, might not be, I don't know, I'm not in Philly, but whether it is true or not, this isn't a school classroom where you get a little trophy for taking part. You get the trophy for being the fucking best, if you weren't the best, you don't get the trophy of your own city.

There will also be someone that considers a Godfather a tyrant. Whoever it is, will be considered a tyrant by some. If it happens to be the masses, then you have a problem. If it happens to be a small minority, it's most likely bullshit that they are fabricating to make an attack sound justified.

KingSao pretty much shot himself in the head with that mail. It was unnecessary, and he could've sparred his own life by just stepping down. There was no need for you to jump to his 'rescue' (by which point, he was already dead) and mount what will be considered a minor attack on a Godfather.

(OOC: Just as a little P.S. before anyone says "Of course you're going to defend DeadlySin, you probably hated Neon and KingSao too!" Both Neon and KingSao's bloodlines go way back with me, and I consider them both great friends. I love them both to bits, but that doesn't excuse what happened.)

Report Post Tip

Eric listens to wise Sammy speak. He looks down at his fish and smiles. He then looks over at Sammy and grins at him.

"I think you're a tyrant Sammy, even Fishus here agrees. I mean look at him swimming around in his bowl.. doing as you instruct him to. This Tyranny must stop!"

Eric chuckles and smiles at Sammy. He then pats Sammy on the back and gradually nudges him towards his golf caddy.

"An interesting turn of events for our world I must say. And I think Sammy my love.. you have hit the nail on the head. Just like nails have been hit in many coffins today. Rest In Peace to all those who've lost their lives. That goes out to both sides of these events. These things happen and I am confident DeadlySin and Philly will come out stronger than ever over this. Now Sammy, we must get you home. It's almost time for your special date with WildTurkey tonight."

Eric nudges Sammy into the passenger seat of his golf caddy.

Report Post Tip

"Ahh, I remember the good old days when bosses were set up based upon merit and not just because they were married to the man in charge. "

-LadySnide

Funny, I've been here longer than most. I've been on these shores since there was a Mafia here, and long before that in the old country, and never, ever, have I see a regime that was free of nepotism. Not when Evsie and 94Octane ruled with an iron hand, not when Anita and FlyingPig ruled over what was, in my opinion, the most powerful Philadelphia ever seen. Not even when my own forebears were among the top dogs. It's cute that you remember a time where nobody rode coattails and got by purely based on who they knew; it's kind of sweet that you recall a fantastical era when everyone advanced sheerly on their merit. Sadly, though, I have to tell you that this magical time never existed. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

For what it's worth, I don't have a massive problem with what Neon did. I'm a loyal Philadelphian. My first consideration, of course, is to Jaqen and ipso facto to DeadlySin so I realise I should be coming out of the streets shaking an impotent fist in fury and denouncing her actions but I really don't have a problem. She didn't like the way things were, she thought she had the clout to change things and so she tried. Ultimately, she failed. We bury our dead and we move on.

What I don't condone is the whining from these pissanty little thugs. Sure, it sucks that your mommy and daddies died, but ultimately they died on their own terms. They rolle the dice and they lost, such is the nature of these things. I have lost some friends today who did not die on their own terms, they died because they were attacked by those they shared a bond with, those from their own city. I have more of a right to whine like a little kid; but I don't, because this is the nature of our way of life.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Best Friend's Loyalty Vs. A Divided City
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL