Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 00:45:08
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A trip to Bosten Started by: HYFR on Nov 26, '12 14:27

(H.Y.F.R. is in his house just enjoying a blunt with a bunch of girls. Then the phone ring. It is MT on the phone)

MT: Well it seem the godfather of Bosten is talken shit about DT. I need you to fly to Bosten and teach him a little lessen if you know what I mean.

H.Y.F.R: ok I will fly there and make him swim with the fishs dont worry.

(He hangs up the phone up and tells the girls to put there clothes on and get out. He packs his gun in a bag and goes outside. MT picks him up in a nice car and takes him to the airport.)

MT: Make sure you make him feel the PAIN before he dies when you kill him ok?

(H.Y.F.R nods at him and steps out to bored the airplane. He lands in bosten and rents a taxi to the GF of Bosten's house and waits outside until he comes home from the store. A car pulls up to the house and H.Y.F.R pulls his hood up over his face and walks over to the car. The GF looks at him and gives him a dirty look)

Bosten GF: what do YOu want?

HYFR: I heard you were talken shit about the boss of DT Kanye west

(H.Y.F.R doesnt even give him a chance to talk and pulls a shotgun out of his jacket and blows his brains out all over the inside of the car. He wipes all the fingerprints off the shot gun and runs away. Pretty soon he is back on a plane back to DT to celebrate the victory with MT and several women. MT smiles at H.Y.F.R)

MT: this was a very good job HYFR you will become a made man in DT soon once you prove yourself to the fam

(MT shakes HYFRs hand and goes inside to the party)

Report Post Tip

*Boston

Report Post Tip

np its just a story about a made up GF not a real one. its just a story for a contest Im in for G.O.O.D. dont worry

Report Post Tip

Kanye would have appreciated it more if you rapped I expect.

Report Post Tip

Yep this is clearly how Godfathers are takin down...im being sarcastic of course.

Report Post Tip

Cassi stands on the corner, taking the last drag from her cigarette as she listens to the people that have come out here and criticized the young man making a speech. She throws the cigarette down the ground and ground it out with the bottom of her high heel, a quite disgusted look on her face.

You know gentlemen... I have been up and down these streets looking to see if any of you that are being so critical of this young man who actually gathered up the courage to come out here and speak have actually prepared any speeches of your own. I'm not that surprised to find that you haven't. I'm quite appalled at the fact that someone has taken the time to come out here and speak and I find you here tearing him to shreds over it. It's no wonder these streets are filled with silence. No one feels safe to come out here and share a story or two.

She walks over to the young man and places a hand on his shoulder.

Thank you for taking the time to come out into these shark infested streets and share your story with us. I appreciate your efforts young man. Your loyalty to your family and leader is commendable.

With a soft smile, she pats his shoulder, then slips an envelope into his hand before continuing on about her business.

Report Post Tip

AW had been listening to the speech that was being given and also the varying responses it had received. Finally, he felt he had heard enough to speak

Boss Cassi, I don't really think anybody is criticizing HYFR here for having shared a story with us. Nor is anyone belittling his story. It is just most of us, myself included believe that he could have put a little more effort into it. Now, this 'story' has all the trademarks of something very hastily prepared and brought out onto these Streets. I am one of the people who find these Streets to be eerily quiet these days but I would rather listen to one good speech once a week rather than listen to hastily and wildly concocted stories every single day.

Leaving my personal opinions aside, while aforementioned gentlemen may have gone about it the wrong way, I believe that this ridicule may actually help HYFR to put some thought into what he says. I remember reading about one of my distant ancestors get ridiculed for something he said,a long time ago. From then on all members of my bloodline have striven to be good Street speakers. Now whether that goal has been reached or not is not the point. What is important however is that HYFR should have learnt that such a story would invite only ridicule and he might put some more thought into it. A bit like how a child once burnt would think twice about touching a flaming brand.

Report Post Tip

They were correcting his speech Mr. AmphibiousWhale... Which in a written text would be all fine and dandy, but the man is speaking. Maybe he has an accent and has trouble pronouncing certain words. And when someone blatantly points out they are being sarcastic by their comment, then to me, that is criticizing. I don't believe I used the words belittling. But they did a fine enough job ripping it apart.

He may not have given the best speech in the world, but at least he put in the effort to try. Maybe a bit more constructive criticism would have been helpful. Or maybe they could have taken him aside and spoken to him privately, offered suggestions, instead of trying to humiliate him publicly. I would rather see any kind of action in the streets rather than complete silence. In my opinion this is a thousand times better than that drivel that flows continuously out of Kuku's mouth.

Report Post Tip

Yes, they were criticizing him. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that. Granted, it was more mean spirited than how I probably would have gone about it but overall I don't see anything wrong with criticizing him for what he has brought here. Furthermore, I am sure this probably won't be taken well but this IS the mafia. We are not here to hold his hand and to privately tell him ' You made a mess of your recent speech, mate'. We are here to make money and if there is an opportunity to entertain myself at somebody's expense, I would do it.

I, honestly see nothing wrong with literally pointing a finger a somebody and screaming 'You monkey! Think before you speak!' It is the person who is on the receiving end of said criticism to think whether he/she actually deserves said insults and if he/she does not then to retaliate. Till now, I have seen no evidence of HYFR realizing that he has actually made a mess of his first ever Street appearance. He feels that because there is a contest within the crew, he is somehow justified to give a hastily prepared speech without a shred of realism.

Report Post Tip

Well I will remember that the next time I'm to make a speech to just go ahead and keep it to myself so I that I do not have to subject myself to people pointing their fingers at me and screaming 'You monkey! Think before you speak!'. Maybe we should just discourage anyone who has no confidence about speaking in the streets to do the same as well, so that the streets continue with the complete silence it has been. Thank you for supporting more street speaking sir. Bravo.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with Boss Cassi, too often we are quick to comment on a street speech that we think is not up to standard, yet one that is up to standard we accept and if we have nothing of note to say we move on.

Yes this is the mafia and yes it may of been put together hastily but at least he has had the balls to come up and tell a story. Someone could easily of whispered something in his ear in private rather than a quick put down. Why do we feel the need to comment if there is no need? Also if you are going to comment why not be a little more constructive so they know what to work on? People moan too often that the streets are quiet but is it any surprise when the first thing we try to do is pick fault in what has been said.

Report Post Tip

well AmphibiousWhale if you dont like my story or think i put it together too fast i dont really care. you are not a judge in the contest so who cares what you think. At least newspapers in the streets dont make fun of me like some people i know lol.

JoeyRasca if you know anything about mafia history, it is how GFs are taken down some times. you can look it up if you dont believe me. Or i can look it up for you. Either way I dont mind helping you learn about this thing of ours history

(H.Y.F.R. turns to Cassi and Revolve)

well thank you to Cassi and Revolve you are both very kind for your words. I wish both of you the very best of luck in your own fams and business

(HYFR shake both there hands and nods in respect to both of them)

Report Post Tip

BrandyDecima approaches HYFR on the street and looks around for the police before talking.

I heard about how you took out the big boss in Boston. Good job, man. I like the part where you blew his brains out. My only suggestion is next time don't do it inside a car. That shit takes a long time to clean.

Report Post Tip

I was not criticizing the man. I was simply making a correction to a misspelled major city. Who knows when he will be walking down the street one day and get into a spelling bee that means life or death. It happens.

Report Post Tip

MysticTailor was sitting at his favorite table in one of the restaurant in the city when he heard one of their lad stand in a box and start shouting about his adventure. He also hear some wind criticizing the child. MysticTailor stand up and walks directly to HYFR, he tap the shoulder of the child and say, "You did a great job my little child, you have amuse me with your adventure." and then he smile towards him.

"If you may, may i stand in that box too i wanted to tell my own adventure." he smiled.

MysticTailor stand at the box and take off his hat and look around. take out a cigarette on his packet and lit it, he puff 3 times and started to talk "A year ago my father had come to this shore to find a good business for his family that lives and starve in the attic in the city of LA. when he got home he will hug us and his wife and tell his little adventure in the street. he also tell us the story brave poeple in the street who goes down there, take the box and shout their adventures. when my father died i long for the stories so i tried my best to train myself to be like my father. when i got here 3 weeks ago i go to street and found no people roaming around. its just like an empty street. i found a guy shouting but i hear a wind saying go away. Seriously i look around and see no one, I just thought maybe he is inside of one of that building or maybe an angel who got annoyed, got angry and shouted, or maybe a bird who letting her kids sleep and wanted a quite sorrounding. three weeks i stayed here and goes to the street and look for a story that i long for a year but no one dares to go up to that box and shout his adventure not until now." MysticTailor stop, puff up his last cigarette and look around "I hope one of this day i will see ladies and gentleman with posture, ellegant, a man who will go down to his limo, or a capo with his bodyguard on his side, tell their story and adventure here with grace and composture."

MysticTailor goes down the box and go back to his favorite table to finish his breakfast.

Report Post Tip

before reaching his favorite table MysticTailor look back and shout.

"If you want to criticize on something do it with manners and with balls, come out from your hidding place and show yourself it would be better to talk to a person than to talk to a wind that dont show his face in this street."

MysticTailor turn around and continue his walk to his table.

Report Post Tip

I like to skim the streets from time to time and I'd just like to ask, how does one go about criticizing on something "with manners and balls"? I only ask because one implies you're going to choose your words wisely in a way not to offend and the other implies you're going to be blunt and make sure you get your point across. That was me asking with manners, so now I'll say it with balls so I criticize with both manners and balls. You just told people to do two opposite things, regardless of rank or position that's stupid advice and you should be told it's stupid by someone because you're just riding the coat tails of Cassi and Revolve who are critiquing the critics and that would scare most people away from telling you you're being stupid. Unfortunately for you, I'm not afraid of people riding CL coat tails so please think before you criticize because critics (even critics of other critics) deserve critiques more than anyone else.

(OOC: As for whether or not it's okay to critique street speakers, if they're not even willing to spell check or role play with any attempted creativity you're damn right they'll get criticized. I used to get criticized in public and through mails with most things I wrote and that never scared me off, it just made me learn to edit my work better with each attempt. People shouldn't scare others from the streets, I understand your point Cassi, but that doesn't mean we should let people just throw any slop out onto the streets and this piece is littered with apathy. Poor quality threads enveloping the streets is honestly a worse problem than no threads because many people will miss the few quality ones that come through assuming it's just another slop piece. Being someone who has recently written a piece for a puzzle competition (which wasn't my best work, admittedly) I can tell you I got a whole bunch of mails and pms complimenting me on how well the whole thing was put together and how creative it was. That being said, you'll see almost no compliments on the any of the threads involved in the competition because well written fictional threads aren't the kind that generally ask for feedback, in my opinion, and judging what threads are worth reading based on comments is becoming a common thing in this thing of ours even though it's just foolish. I'd say people should take the time to read every thread, but it's hard when there are so many with no effort.)

Report Post Tip

Fortunately for us WhereWasWadeWilson, not everyone is like you. Some people can take the criticism, some can't. But to seriously come out and post just to be cruel is unacceptable to me. And if I happen to catch it, I'm going to speak up about it. This is not the first time my bloodline has been offended by this practice, nor will it be the last. Again, at least he tried. It's better than a three sentence speech. It's better than Kuku coming out here with his diarrhea of the mouth and getting hundreds of people commenting on nonsense. An offer of help or something constructive would have been much better than making fun of him for speaking at all.

Report Post Tip

Well Cassi, seeing as you want to criticize and not discuss because you listed no reasons for why you're happy not everyone is like me, I have to ask what have you done for the streets? When's the last time you really contributed? If you think I was being cruel there, you're being naive. MysticTaylor came out to be "cruel" to people he thought was being "cruel" (your definition doesn't fit the word) for being "cruel", just like you're acting towards me according to your apparent definition of "cruel". Don't be critical of critics if you don't like criticism, find a better way. I know it's hard but when we challenge ourselves to do these things people generally find new and better ways to do things. If you want everyone to accept everyone then you're going to have to accept those you don't like because they weren't making fun of him for speaking at all and if that's how you saw it then I'm honestly sorry for you. Honestly I can't say I could accept everyone either, so maybe we should all just put more effort into the streets and not overreact to criticism.

Report Post Tip

I'm sorry... Where exactly did I call YOU cruel? You are far too sensitive my friend. I was saying it's good for you that people coming out and critiquing you didn't scare you off. But it doesn't always happen that way. I think you actually missed the entire point of my response. Please don't take things so personally next time I speak. I never claimed to be a great speaker. I believe that is why I'm out here promoting the fact that someone has actually tried to come out and say something. And by the comments he received before you even thought of coming in here, its no wonder that more people are not out here posting. He didn't receive criticism. He received bullying, plain and simple. People correcting his grammar, when he is speaking, not standing in the street competing in a spelling bee. He had people blatantly telling him they were being sarcastic about a seemingly positive comment. He had people telling him he should have rapped it instead. What is rapping exactly? I'm not familiar with that phrase.

Where did I not take or handle criticism? Why are you trying to create problems that were never there? Don't presume to put words in my mouth again please and thank you. I was in fact complimenting you and you have now turned it into a nasty argument. There are no hidden meanings behind my words.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A trip to Bosten
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL