Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 21:32:28
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Change, don't you just love it? Started by: Cab_Tufting on Oct 11, '08 16:15
Cab_Tufting strides out of the Chicago headquarters and clears his throat......

So then, almost a week since the war and now that things have settled down I think we owe you a little clarity on the current topic of the moment.

We have spent the last few days since the war throwing ideas around and observing how the no shooting unsponsoreds has worked.

All in all, it has caused no ill effect and those left without family after the bloodbath have more or less integrated themselves into one of our many new auth's organisations. There has however been a little lack of clarity on some points from numerous orators and I hope to solve this issue today and put a new policy into effect.

From this point forward.....

Gestures towards the clock tower atop the Chicago Town Hall......

Any member of our community that is still homeless after the war may be shot; the war ended October 06, 04:32 when Messy bit the dust by my reckoning and as far as the other crew leaders and I are concerned they have been given ample time to find a family.

Takes out a cigar, bites off the stump and pulls a light from his pocket. Looking into the afternoon sun he pauses and draws on the burning tobacco....

In an effort to mix things up, this is going to be the approach we will take when dealing with unsponsored gangsters.

They will have 5 days to attempt to integrate into our community, make a few dollars and find themselves a home. If they choose to remain unsponsored over 5 days, they will become legitimate targets.

If at any time during these 5 days, they commit any of the following crimes they will void their protection.

Pauses, motions to Caby for his notepad and begins to read...

Pickpocketing without consent.

Shooting (at) peoples bodyguards.

Shooting (at) people.

Unacceptable conduct in the streets or in the business district.

These conditions are obviously subject to change as time goes by and we get a better understanding of how the exact semantics of the policy work.

This protection also becomes null and void the moment they rank to Goomba. Unsponsored gangsters I can deal with and tolerate, the idea of an unsponsored Goomba with a gun unsettles me though.

I am willing to field questions and comments and will do my best to quell any worries or concerns you all have regarding this. It will however, not change the passing of this policy so inane mud slinging will get you nowhere.

Tosses some fliers out into the crowd.....

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/31503/tpass/f23617b88a7d8f115e51d593a1db3903

I recommend you stick this somewhere you can find it easily if you need it. It can serve as a reminder to those of us that have the memory of a degenerate........

Turns swiftly on his heel and is gone in the blink of an eye....
Report Post Tip
Watches the great Cab finish his speech

Very good, im glad we got all this cleared up. YOu are the best
Report Post Tip
*applauds* you CL's have been working your asses off for us mafioso and i for one thank you personally. come have a drink me sometime Cab as a thanks for all your hard work
Report Post Tip
It's good that you can all work together to get stuff done for the world. I admire all of your patience in dealing with all of us that can't seem to holster our guns long enough, or at all.

Thanks for the update bossman.

If most of us could make it without shooting over 48s thus far I don't think we should have many problems with this solution.
Report Post Tip
There are now 7 families in this thing of ours and 5 of them are currently accepting members. The war has been over for some time now. Yes the war was bad and it crippled us. We have to work hard to achieve what it once was. We are definitely heading in the right direction.

The rules are clear and will be followed but I just want to voice my opinion. I have been watching the obits and because of our restrictions there have been deaths from ranking members that are active in families. Some have died because they simply did not care for the rules and others... many others have died not because they decide to defy your rules but pure simple mistake. Not defending them but you know mistakes do happen.

Civilians and thugs have better chances of joining a family than they did a week ago. So I think 5 days is a bit too much. They already get a 48 hour free pass. If anything why not 3 days? I understand we want our community to grow but 3 days should be more than enough time to find a family.

Unless of course ALL families are completely full then thats a different matter... but hey what do I know eh? I am just a low ranking thug.
Report Post Tip
Honestly I think it's a great change - it gives the people that are new to these cities a little bit more time to get a feel for this thing of ours and can take there time on picking the family that suits them best.

Though I wouldn't suggest putting it of till last minute - it would still be in your best interest I would think to find a family sooner then later. And taking into account if you get the rank of goomba before you get into a family the vultures might be circling around you.

As for my family, I expect all LuNaTiCs to abide by this, as they should already know.

No one said rebuilding was going to be easy, but I think we are making good progress.
Report Post Tip
You da Man Boss.

Its cleared everything up now stop introducin Stella to our family members and we can all be sorted
Report Post Tip
So the U48 rule basically has become a 5 day rule, in essence.

Correct?
Report Post Tip
Good,

You understood it.

Gives Mane a gold star....
Report Post Tip
To be fair I think 48 hours is enough time for any one person to join a family and I'm not quite sure what the statistics look like with regards to the amount of new players arriving (Anyone have those btw?), however for some strange reason I like this idea.

It gives us a couple of options that leaders may or may not like to see happen:

Option 1, gives the unsponsoreds more time to get referrals from someone in a family they wish to join. Unless of course your family doesn't work like that, but this could be a good step forward.

Option 2, gives the unsponsoreds time to make more cash, which could be used to buy into families. Again family heads might not like this idea either, but just throwing a couple of suggestions about really.

This just seems a more realistic way of going about things and is the sort of thing I'd like to see happen and at the end of the day if this (5 day thing) really doesn't work out then I'm sure the leaders will change things about.

Let's give it a try, eh?

:)
Report Post Tip
Really be honest with everybody this will help us grow. We can't have everybody shoot someone who logs on to check it out and goes to have fun for a few days and come back. We never can tell whos gonna keep playing. Only time will tell.

Lights up a Lucky Strike and keeps speaking.

With the success of the last rule regarding people without home, we figure this will work. To get people back into the game and get our streets lively again as they once were.
Report Post Tip
Understood Cab :)
Report Post Tip
yes Cab
Report Post Tip
Understood everything, thanks Cab.
Report Post Tip
Understood.

HellsBells
Report Post Tip
Change is always meet with some resistance / Not that I am trying to do that / But 5 days early now?? I could find protection in any hostel city in a lot less time than that / On the other hand this does give time to the new comers to ask questions around our fair cities and be able to choose the family they wish .. rather than choose out of necessity.

Really only one problem I see with this is this: If I was a new comer to the street of (Lets say Chicago) and I approached the boss of the city what kind of question would he answer to a pending new comer?

If I was looking I would ask questions such as:

1: What is your policy on pick pocketing?

2: What do you do for people that excel in your family?

3: Is there a job for me in your family if I join?

4: How do I make a good killer?

These are just a few quick questions that I could think some people will ask are the CL of the families here ready to answer even more intimate questions?... I believe it will happen.

This is my concern but change is good either way. TAZ
Report Post Tip
You may as well just extend this until they turn inactive. I'm yet to see a person incapable of finding shelter within 48 hours go on to achieve anything, so giving them an extra 3 days seems a very illogical choice.

The only benefit I can see is the obvious extra effort required to join a family if an individual has five whole days to sample the Cities before they need to find a sponsor.
Report Post Tip
WindowsVista,

I am pretty sure I covered the whole "subject to change as we hammer out the exact semantics" situation.

This is a work in progress.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding hey?
Report Post Tip
Coughs......

It would appear I also have to point out that 5 days = 120 hours.

But most of you understood this right?

Walks away shaking his head......
Report Post Tip
HellsBells laughs

'Of course I understood. 5 days is 5 days. 120 hours is 120 hours'
HellsBells sticks her tongue out
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Change, don't you just love it?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL