Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:59:37
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: LA/LV Closed. Started by: Squishy on Dec 29, '12 23:41

LA and LV have gone inactive and have been closed. All IAs from that city are being randomly moved to other cities.

Report Post Tip

Well done to all the current leaders who allowed this to happen.

Take a bow.

Report Post Tip

=[

Report Post Tip

Are we not concerned that this is the entire West coast.

Just wondering why you would even add the 3h flight feature if you close an entire coast. 

At the same time I am sure you did the same thing as with ancestors past and gave the leaders fair warning to auth before closing. Will they ever be opened in the future? 

Report Post Tip

This is a drastic change, with no warning. I wonder what this change will mean for the rest of the cities of MR.

Report Post Tip

Well Creep, I don't think this is with no warning.  No-one here is that fresh off the boat that they didn't know Saint Louis was closed for being inactive some time ago.

Maybe it slipped people's mind with all the scrabbling for demotion and bg money going on.

Report Post Tip

Can we get more word on this squishy please? is this like St. Louis?

Report Post Tip

Wouldn't this hurt certain Achievements?

Report Post Tip

I suppose if that's your main motivation Bongo, then yes I suppose achievements might be impacted.  Don't lose fact of the bigger picture that two of the most famous cities here are no more.

Report Post Tip

With all due respect sir, Los Angeles hadnt been inactive that long. It was occupied and floruishing till they died on a war. Can we not wait till next year , maybe the other leaders have plans on them

Report Post Tip

"Can we get more word on this squishy please? is this like St. Louis?"

Yes.

These cities probably will make a return down the road. Keep in mind that we are opening up the districts very soon, each city has 5 districts in it. If we had our original 8 cities, then that means we would be opening "40 cities" (40 districts) which is.... a whole lot of area.

We needed to close down cities before we made the transition to districts, and its easier on everyone if we do this when the cities are not being used.

We will be adding more cities once all districts in ever city is full and the game can support more.

Report Post Tip

"Can we not wait till next year , maybe the other leaders have plans on them"

The other leaders did not have plans they could commit to with a date on when they would launch new crews in new cities. I will probably have the new districts in before the crews are ready to launch a new crew into a new city.

Report Post Tip

i do believe after having a new GF at detroit there will be plan on the other 2 city i hope they will open again the west coast

Report Post Tip

Don't like this change at all.

Report Post Tip

I like this change. I think when we get the districts come in we can have better benifits on a roleplay basis.

Report Post Tip

LA and LV were only inactive for 5 weeks, and then only because there werent any families there.

You cant expect anyone to rebuild in just 5 weeks and start over again in LA or LV.

Besides, there were always plenty of people in LA/LV, doing all kinds of things, petties, felonies, jails, grave robbing, mugging, etc. I hardly call that inactive.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure I understand what all the griping is about. Before I say anything else, is it really the current mode of thought that the admins would do this if it were going to cause detriment to the game overall? I hardly think so.

Now, yes. LA and LV were only inactive for 5 weeks. But in terms of rebuilding, to my mind rebuilding starts where it is supposed to continue and there was ample opportunity to do something with either or both of the cities during that timescale, however small. It was not done, for whatever the reasons, therefore both cities remained dormant and would probably have done so for quite some time. Yes, there were people doing petties/felonies etc in those cities, but their removal does not impact anyone's ability to carry on with basic crimes across available cities. It does not affect achievements as those cities will longer be factored in to cross-city achievements.

Everyone here is so quick to criticise and claim that we need change, then when it happens, we complain. It's hardly productive. What's more, those cities have barely been closed two hours; we haven't even had time to see what the repurcussions will be or how these plans will pan out, so how about we all just sit tight and see how things go rather than jumping on some bizarre bandwagon? A little bit of faith in the admins knowing what they're doing would be lovely. They've done a good bloody job so far, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Report Post Tip

I will miss my profitable trips to the sunny beaches of LA.

Report Post Tip

Plenty of ranks and money out there to have filled them by now.. shame it never happened

Report Post Tip

May i ask what happened to any monies in the city banks for those cities?

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: LA/LV Closed.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL