Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 18:29:00
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Gun Safety Started by: Phil_Steak on Feb 12, '13 21:16

Take some responsibility in your actions. Look at your screen before you do something, double look if you really need to. Coding in a gun safety to prevent a accident from happenign isnt needed. If you're not responsible enough to be careful in the things you do, you dont need to be shooting your gun anyways.

Report Post Tip

I can see that your simple mind cannot handle concepts of different scenarios occurring.

Report Post Tip

Fortunately for me, my simple mind is capable of actually picking the right name though.

Report Post Tip

I am one who doesn't enjoy people losing accounts because of mistakes and errors. I can understand those lesser, who relinquish on mistakes and accidents to improve their on stature, however I feel that takes away from the community and game.
I would much rather see accounts dying due to the story of our game unfolding. Not someone clicking on their mobile screen twice while it is loading, taking them two pages forward that they did not mean to go to.
I don't enjoy seeing a person lose months of their hard work, because of a failed copy/paste.
I would much rather see someones months of hard work effect the social structure of this game, as every account plays a role. The bigger and strong the account, the most substantial the role. To take that away because of a mistake, does not progress the games plot at all. At least not in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

I'm pretty much in agreement with everyone that is against this idea. To say why would only be to reiterate points already made. Not everything needs to cater to the lowest common denominator. Of course people make mistakes, and sometimes others are effected by those mistakes. When I started playing, it was stressed to me to check, double-check, and then check again before shooting, and that there were consequences to making gun errors. That accountability should be on the player. If somebody loses an account due to someone else's mistake, that's part of it too, unfortunate as it is. In terms of realism, "innocent bystanders" for lack of a better term are often victims in gun mishaps all the time, along with botched mob-hits, mistaken identity, etc.

Report Post Tip

LOL, The whole point of this is that nobody is being targeted. It's an accident - it can happen to anyone. If you're 'targeting' someone then this feature won't even help you. In fact, it will make is so you CAN'T claim it was a failed message/PP. This feature actually promotes responsibility - because it eliminates a lot of excuses.

This is actually what I find wrong with all the hand holding nonsense we get at times. Why removed plausible excuses? The whole point is that we are meant to be in the mafia, people lie cheat and steal their way to the top. How can anyone lie if the accident excuse is removed? Baffles me, it really does. Like others have mentioned, I was disappointed with the MIA timer, I would be disappointed with this feature too.

Will I still play? Obviously. As Enkindle said, sometimes game changes are needed to preserve the game itself and allow new players to come in and grow, its just a shame these new players won't get the same fun experience that i've had over the years.

Also, why do people feel the need to fight back when someone disagrees with an idea? The forum isn't here to change minds, let people voice their opinion and leave it at that. Its clear some like it, its clear some dont. Why anyone tries to force their view on the other I dont know, do some people think that changing that persons view will help persuade the admins? It wont, they make the changes that they see fit as its their game, and I have nothing against that. So its futile to try and force your views on others as it has zero impact other than causing arguments.

Report Post Tip

Completely unnecessary. Anyone who is not a drunken imbecile can clearly tell the difference between wack and some other screen.

Report Post Tip

I still thing this is a good idea... The new implemented badges help for sure, but a little safety button couldn't hurt. Maybe similar to the little box that shuts off the timers rather than in the options page :P

Report Post Tip

Read through most of this and I see one point I agree with that would be against such a feature, and that's that this will remove a possible lie that could be told. If there's a safety, you can't shoot someone then cry accident. But really, you still can, "Fuck! I copy and pasted the wrong name!" is still 100% valid.

The same thing that has happened today, has happened within the past ten years of the game. Since the start of the game, people have accidentally shot someone.

Yeah, and in real life, that happened, so they put little levers on guns that stop them from firing accidentally. Hmmmmmm.

Report Post Tip

So are we going to start comparing the game to real life now?

Report Post Tip

The biggest issue with it is if someone's shot is open and they're looking for a kill, they're not going to have the safety on. So the same mistakes will happen in that scenario.

It may prevent a tiny number of shots where someone meant to mail or pp the target, but even then I'd imagine that the majority of people that could/would manage to kill a sponsored player would be leaving the safety off regardless. Just as those of that mindset would do in real life (if we wish to make the comparison).

Report Post Tip

Huh, changing the topic now? This is a discussion, not a fight you are trying to win.

But I feel I should address your distraction anyway. I was illustrating a point. Yeah, when real life things work out in the game, we tend to use them. Just like the vast majority of things in the game. Concepts and ideas taken from real life, made to work in the game's environment. Without the influence of real life and history, this game could not exist. But there is the obvious fact that this is not real life and not all things translate correctly. I however strongly feel a trigger safety for goes bridges that gap completely.

Report Post Tip

You were the one that made the "Yeah, and in real life, that happened, so they put little levers on guns that stop them from firing accidentally. Hmmmmmm." comment lol

Take this into consideration though. Every M4 has a selector switch that goes from safe, to semi, to burst. The way I was trained in the Army is that you move your selector switch from safe to semi as you take aim at your target. Your rifle goes up and by the time the enemy is in your sights, the selector switch is on semi. How is that not different than clicking on a profile, clicking on Alive, and then firing? Or going to wack pasting a name, and firing?

It is just too much to add a safety. I mean whats after that? A confirmation pop up saying "are you sure you want to wack so and so"?

Report Post Tip

I didn't change the topic to whether we compare to real life, all I did was illustrate a point with real life examples like we always have.

In real life, when you pick up a rifle, that's a vastly different thing than, say, your cell phone. Unlike here where the form and function of one page is very similar to another. Also, you don't copy and paste your target in real life, you see it.

And no, honestly, after that, if you STILL manage to shoot someone you didn't mean to...well... oops?

Report Post Tip

If I goto mail MichaelLamotta and I shoot him instead, tahts on me to be responsible for it. I need to be more responsible in my actions. I should ahve looked twice, payed more attention, ect. Safe guards arnt needed, responsibility is.

Report Post Tip

this attribute slows the process down just a bit but is inevitably beneficial to all parties seeing as there would be no mistake from hence forth as the action would have manual conductions as well is different from the BG wack page

i concure that this is an excellent idea that has been brought forth to the masses

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Gun Safety
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL