Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 07:48:30
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The End Started by: Doyle on Oct 24, '08 13:52
Many of you watched tonight as I waged a war against Cab_Tufting. You also scratched your head in wonder and perhaps thought to yourselves, "Is this the worst war ever waged?" Well there were, admittedly, several mistakes made. That is going to happen in war, no matter how well prepared you are, need there be a reminder of what happened during the Branston, Caligula, and Mont war. It is also important to keep in mind that just because a war is fought sloppily at first (because let's face it we came on there in the end), doesn't mean it is fought without reason.

Over the last two days there have been numerous sleights towards my family from Cab's crew. Is it any coincidence that a Made Man, Capo, and Boss went rogue from his family and targetted me and mine? Now, I am NOT saying Cab had any hand in encouraging that, but I would be remiss to mention that he was warned several days prior about those three members' affiliations with the Devil's Angels organization, and those particular people value their own friendship over the rule of their leader. Despite seeing the trend that those members had been perpetuating, he left them all in place, and sure enough, as many predicted, they bit the hand that fed them.

With those three rogues dead, and the casualties inflicted on our community, it was pointed out to me by Cab that one of my Wise Guys named Butters had posted a positive sentiment in one of the rogues' funerals. I had a tough time digesting this at first, and didn't want to kill him after all I had been through that night. In the end though, I killed him. I did this because that is what a crewleader should do, and what the crewleaders I grew up idolizing have done. You don't disrespect funerals, and you don't send your respects and adoration to another person who has disregarded all that we hold dear in this life. What chafed me was that Cab, the man who had pointed this out to me, had allowed one of his Made Men (Edinburgh) live when they had expressed not only a heartfelt sentiment to the rogue I_Hate_Edinburgh, but even hinted that they had knowledge of the rogue's intentions before they had even bought out of their crew.

Now, as we stand at the tail end of this war, I wonder if all those people who branded me a bad crewleader have given a look at the person I took to task, as he abandoned his crew not even halfway through the war and told them that they could find other families if they so chose. I'm still here. I stuck through this even though it was grueling, and I made tactical errors.

When you start something, you see it through, and that includes being a leader in this world. You make a commitment to those members around you to end what you started together, for better or worse. The fact that Mr. Tufting didn't, only re-affirms my decision to take him to war.

I made mistakes in this war, but mistakes have been made in every war that I can remember. No doubt will I be under heavy scrutiny for this, but those are the risks you run every time you declare war. I made some bad choices no doubt, and hurt people, and for that you have my most heartfelt apology and in the future I hope that I can learn to listen better. Every time we are tested like this, we take something from the experience, and I can tell you all now that I took a lot from this and will apply it in the future. To those of mine who fell in this war, rest well.
Report Post Tip
Mr. Tufting chose to test the loyalty of his crew when he knew the war was lost. He knew he had no chance of surviving and wanted to see if he had taught those near to him anything. The result was something very disappointing both to him and those who had died for him. However, go to his coffee shop and discuss things over with those there. You will sign the sign above the door to be very informative.

Also, 'deserted his family'. He didn't start this war and had prior arrangements in another world. Oh but thats right. TYo be bold this is not allowed. Sorry.
Report Post Tip
As a member of the aforementioned 'abandoned' crew as you term it, I'd just like to stay I'd stand Cabs leadership against yours any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Report Post Tip
Also, just because you spent 24 hours walking our shores does not make you a good leader. Cab_Tufting took this world forward when it was ravaged by war. What exactly have you done bar fight a shitty war with help?
Report Post Tip
As a former Silent member who somehow survived these events I have to stand by the character of the late departed Cab_Tufting.

He most certainly did not disown,throw in the towel or to quote'abandoned his crew not even halfway through the war'

I can say this with 100% positivity due to my current lowly ranked state of mind body and soul, despite seemingly being at a more advanced stage of mafia life.

Fortunately, I have been granted another chance so abviously choose my words carefully as I noe represent another family unaffiliated with the war.I just wanted to point out that Mr Tufting obviously still had his family at heart until the very sad end.

If he can save a little old earner that offered little in way of family interaction,work ethic and general familiga duties in the very late stages of events, surely this shows his family was very much at heart.
Report Post Tip
Chilli inhales the last bit of smoke into his lungs and holds it in as he listens to the others... with the cigarette finished he speaks

I was called upon by my family to fight and I did. I was fighting all night last night till the very early morning. As I was fighting though I grew a bit of an admiration for Cab. His hitters were going down and yet he still fought till the end. I may not know the whole story but I do know what I saw. I gained respect for Cab. He fought till the end. As for the politics behind it. That is none of my concern. My job was simple and I feel I accomplished what was asked of me. As for his crew members. I do not know the story behind them but yes I did notice some jumping ship. In my opinion that wasn't the way to go. Loyalty is important in this thing of ours. Like I said though I dont know the story behind it.

Either way I am glad to see the war is over. May Cab and those that died trying to protect him RIP.

I just hope something like this can be avoided in the future.

Chilli realizes he has an appointment with a certain IA... and sets off into the dark alley
Report Post Tip
I simply cannot remember a war when so many mistakes have been made. Remember that I am as one with God, and I look though the annals of history in their entirety. You cite the recent conflict as an example of tactical imperfection; I tell you to compare the first wave of your attack with that.

There were several extenuating factors outside of all the Leaders' control during the last war which affected things significantly. Here, everything was under your control and yet your poor planning and execution placed the other leaders in risk.

If Cab, who now sits at the right hand of the Father, was the aggressor in this war, I could understand your denouncement of his departure, I would've understood perfectly; but to wage war on him mere hours before he had other pressing matters to attend to, and to then complain of his absence illustrates your lack of experience. You would've done right to heed the advice of your followers in this case.
Report Post Tip
I counted that as about 20 seconds..

Edinburgh always wins.

RIP

Reply by: Edinburgh at Oct 22, '08 22:49

Can you explain what part of this demonstrates as a sentiment? Let me break this down for you:

"I counted that as about 20 seconds.."

This means from the time my father saw I_Hate_Edinburgh set up, to the time he died, it seemed about 20 seconds. And quite honestly, it was right in I_H_E's fat chops. What part of that statement makes it seem as though my father knew this was going to happen or that is was a heartfelt sentiment?

"RIP"

This was a heartfelt sentiment.. This was a funeral for someone my father knew, and I'm sure if he were alive today he wouldn't apologize for doing so. It is a place to mourn and I (and my father) will continue to mourn in the way I see fit.

ty
Report Post Tip
Well Doyle, it wasn't pretty. But you made it through, and that's rule 1 in the War Handbook: Don't Die. I found your points to be interesting, and certainly an admission of your faults was brave. Furthermore, you've said your piece and are allowing for the inevitable woulda-coulda-shoulda angry words to be stated. They'll always be there, in this war, and in every other one, don't take them too hard. So good job, and I do hope this experience has strengthened you on several fronts.
Report Post Tip
There have been no woulda shoulda words spoken. Care to point them out to me?
Report Post Tip
*Gets huffs and puffs and slams fists around*
Report Post Tip
So you have gotten angry because you have not found anything?

It's nice to see you can back up what you say with cold hard facts..
Report Post Tip
Listen, it's the stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance,

Right now we're in anger, so inclusive of this looking to get confrontational with differing opinions and point out the most minute detail to try and disprove. If I said the sky was green, you'd say it was blue and then beam triumphantly because by proving ANY point, ANY point at all wrong, it will somehow add a little bit of a validity to the counter-argument.
Report Post Tip
Counter Argument?

You have stated something that is obviously false. I asked where you got this opinion from and you cannot provide anything.

No-one here is saying what Could have happened. Alls I have seen is two sides present their side of the story.
Report Post Tip
It's classic end-of-war-i-need-last-word syndrome. Basically stating that you must prove that the person who did the warring was 100% wrong and then thoroughly cross-examine anyone who passes off a differing opinion. I've done it at least 50 times.
Report Post Tip
Mane sincerely thought the sky was blue. He stares up a the sky in wonderment at Rourke's statement of it being green. Snapping back to reality, Mane regains his train of thought and says what was bothering him.

I had heard rumours during the beginning of the war that it was something to do with the whisper you left Butters, and how you were annoyed at being told what to do by the now deceased Mr Tufting. Is there any truth in that?

Other than that, it was another long battle, not very well fought but still won and therefore congratulations are in order Mr Doyle.

Inclining his head in Doyle's direction, Mane takes a step back and gazes up at the sky once more.
Report Post Tip
Well, no the start of it was not very well fought, he seemed to acknowledge that. I do believe there is something to be said about sticking at it and getting over a pretty rocky start to finish a war. In the past few wars a couple leaders have picked a fight and then disappeared. Not to mention he didn't seem to suffer very heavy casualties. I'm not saying Doyle fought the best war ever, far from it, but he also saw it through. A win's a win though.
Report Post Tip
Numerous sleights from my father. Hardly. After your demonstrations, on numerous occasions to be unable to deal with your family, you are hardly one to speak in vain about my father Doyle.

Yes, we saw 3 rogues from his family, but do you forget doomtooth, the rogue from dare I say it, your own family. And lest us not forget I_Am_Edinburgh, from TaskMaster; it is worth mentioning here that my fathers trusty stallion of a RHM killed him in, dare I say it, 20 seconds. I am sure I saw an obit relating to this, I just forget where I put the damn thing down.

As for my father's insinuated "affiliation" with DA, my father left me the following account of the goings on:

So, I was awoken this morning to the site of 3 of my family dead and 2 members of other families dead. Needless to say, this in itself is bad enough but upon learning that all 5 had either rogued or bought out to join rogues the situation became a lot more difficult. Here is how the tale goes so far.....

Fantom_Ghost had been promised auth after the bloodshed of a few weeks back and after much dithering on my part had finally been allowed to set up. It was an interesting start, nothing really seeming amiss. It was around this time I started hearing whisperings of Devil's Angels or "DA" in the coffee shops. At the time, I thought nothing of it, merely a fringe group. Over the next days it became apparent that this group was hell bent on causing havoc with Premier, a good friend of mine, suffering shots on his bodyguards; this was however, dealt with swiftly and the problem seemed to be solved after the culprit was discovered.

All seemed well.

One of my Capo's then made a mistake on a shot, and after coming to me and admitting his mistake, he was dealt with and accepted his punishment gracefully. All remains well.

Or so it appeared. Up until last night we judged people on their bloodline, we took into account the mistakes of their fathers and cohorts when judging worthiness for rank; an exemplary record from FatalRage and a lot of hard work for the family earnt him his badge. Sadly it seems the wool was being pulled over my eyes.

So, my esteemed colleague Don Marietta gave us two new auths, Premier and Briana_Arao in the city of Philadelphia. Both myself and the other leaders were looking forward to seeing Philadelphia blossom once again under the guidance of the fresh faced twosome. Sadly, it appears that I was betrayed in the greatest way possible and 3 people who I had trusted both with rank, and positions of authority in the family decided to take it upon themselves to wreak havoc on what myself, Marietta and the other leaders have been trying to rebuild for the last weeks. It subsequently came to light that Devils Angels were responsible and have obviously declared themselves as an active underground group; one that aspires to do nothing but disrupt this way of organised life we have.

Fantom, I have warned this man about supporting these people in any way, shape or form yet it is obvious to me that he is more than willing to home them, and more than likely provide them with financial aid as and when requires.

In the words of whoever the fuck said it, an eye for an eye......

Twice today I have almost pulled the trigger, maybe I will tonight..................

Quite enlightening do you not think. My father was never once given a list of named suspects, but then again, DA was not an underground, merely a coffee shop. Until they made their intentions clear as a subversive group, which would be FatalRage and his rogue attempt, they were not considered a threat. By claiming that my father knew about this and somehow had a hand in his good friend Premier's demise I find frankly appalling; he was not once given names.

As for your handling of the Butter's incident, well, there are various mutterings of this in dark alley's but I shall not speak of them here. I heard some actions were taken without too much thought from your good self; I heard you had whispered nonsenses about a "Mike" forcing your hand in the elimination of your quarry. It is still quite unclear as to who this fantasy figure you spoke of is my friend. My father told you that there was no need to kill Butter's but you went ahead and did it, to apparently, "save face". And it now seems that you have given this rash decision on your part as one of your reasons for warring a community already ravaged by war. As for Edinburgh's obituary entry, are you seriously suggesting to me that was a reason to die after my father assured you there was no reason for Butters to die?

So yeah, you stuck it out, fair play to you, after a much drawn out failure of a take down, you are still alive? Wow, congratulations mon frere, you have surpassed yourself, make sure to keep one eye over your shoulder, you never know which eyebrows you may have raised.

Admitting to your mistakes, I am not going to applaud you, I feel there has definitely been some coercion in the way your words have been molded. As can be seen from the general feel of replies here, my father has come out smelling of roses, and you have not.

Well done Doyle my friend. I am sure my Father would pass on his sentiments. He hurt no one in this war, he only ever embraced this community and tried to push it forward. Your actions my friend, have pushed it back an eternity.

Prove me wrong eh?

*kiss kiss*

Cab.
Report Post Tip
Looks around.......

So yeah, does anyone have anything to say or have I struck a chord?
Report Post Tip
The HMS Friend Ship is docked in New York.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The End
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL