Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 10:12:16
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Petition for Tradition! Started by: Guerrilla on Oct 28, '08 22:28
Guerrilla steps out into the dusty street, a large role of paper under his arm. He has a determined look about him. He steps up onto the soapbox and let his voice ring out

Gather all those who care!

A small group assembles around him. Their faces looked questioningly up at him. Guerrilla clears his throat and begins to speak

Long ago, this world of ours was changed from it tradition. Being a "Hitter" used to be a respected and coveted thing. It used to be a sought after skill and talent; an art form of sorts. It took hours or practice and learning to become a sought after hitter.

Now, I'm afraid to say, this art is lost. It seems now that everyone and their grandmother can train a gun. I say this is a terrible thing. With it being "fair", it takes no "skill". It only takes a bit of luck. Purely luck I say. Whoever gets off the most shots at the right time wins. This to me is not a coveted skill. A saying I heard long ago when I first started to learn how to train a gun.

"Those who can't train a gun with skill, do not deserve a gun that possesses skill"

I hold this belief true to this day. It should take a bit of skill and know how to train your weapon. Maybe not everyone is deserving of a great weapon. Or maybe those who don't know how to train one should learn.

So, I am here to address a petition. The reinstating of hit listing to WACK! Inactive gangsters.

I do not come here to bash the Gods for changing a tradition. I just want the general public to read this, and sign below if they agree with my ideas and think it should be changed back to the days of old. If you don't agree, please explain why.

Guerrilla unrolls the large roll of paper under his arm and lets it roll to the ground.

I have room for everyone to sign if they so with.

Taking out a hammer, he nails the paper to the side of a building for everyone to sign
Report Post Tip
Dexter stands by the side of Guerilla, and is the first person to sign

Man, I will be glad to sign this petition. Hitting is a skill that shouldn't be based upon luck.

Signs the petition and dates it
Report Post Tip
Hears the speech, cheers then runs up to the paper

I have missed this art for such a long time.

Signs name
Report Post Tip
While I agree that the mass majority of fucktards carrying guns have no idea what it is to be a hitman, I do not see how the necessity of hitlisting a sleeping bum is the cure for that ill. It would still be based on speed, with no regard for hard work or organization.

I'm afraid that the art has been lost for a long time, and there is not much we can do to bring it back, unless something extraordinary happens. I have preached the traditions until I was blue in the face, and the unfortunate truth is that too many either do not care to hear it, or are too stupid to understand.
Report Post Tip
I have to say I can see exactly what your saying here and I agree with you, a while back it took a bit of nous to train a gun. it wasnt just pick it up and use it you were shown how and when nowadays it seems you just fire enough shots and hope to get lucky which takes nothing more than some good luck.

On the other hand I can see it now that noone will be happy with this and for every 5 men that wish the laws of this land to be changed we will see 5 others happy with how things are.

but as i do also would like to see a return hopefully to the days when it takes a little bit more effort and knowledge to train a gun I will sign alongside you.

Signs

Malc.
Report Post Tip
Al-Qaatil steps forward and signs the petition.

Although Hi raises a valid concern as to why our inflexible code of honor should require hitlisting someone who is asleep before shooting him, I feel that nonetheless, this rule we had in days past served an important purpose in ensuring that our hitmen were far more competent in their job. I feel the benefits outweigh this downside.
Report Post Tip
It is up to a leader to control their members. If someone shouldn't be training their gun then do not let them. Get them in line. The new way saves time and money. If people shouldn't be training...don't let them...
Report Post Tip
listens to the excellent speech

I will signed this because you speak the truth my friend

walks over to the sheet the with list of names and signs it

Johnny3Tears
Report Post Tip
The Gods became obsessed with ensuring a supposedly even playing field and didn't realise that not everyone deserves to be able to train a gun. Preaching traditions of being a hitter is wonderful, but once again you're being blinded. This has never been commonly practiced. For every individual who had the ability and knowledge to be a 'hitter' there were five who did not.

Rather than a return to tradition, which was never really mainstream to begin with, I would propose we do not kid ourselves and instead educate those who are naive to the right way of doing things. If it is not naivety that is the flaw in the gunslinger, then perhaps punishment to those who are simply ignoring the criteria of being a 'hitter' would remedy the situation.

Obviously befriending them would be the primary stage in their development.
Report Post Tip
Looks over at the Bird that talks

'Queit frankly Birday, It isn't that simple. How many times have a mafiso shot and trained their gun without sending in shot reports. Witness' most of the time do not speak about what they have seen because they don't want to be dragged into anything. In the long run you can try to stop them from training, but It will never work for some select few who think they are slick.'
Report Post Tip
Before signing people we need to think carefully.

We were all beginners at one time. We had to train, train and train some more. Hitting isn't as easy as it seems. Yes there's always a chance that anyone can hit a target on occasion but in the long run being a hitter is a art form.

True masters have trained their talents for as long as our world has existed.

Steps up and signs the petition...
Report Post Tip
Within the Family, does not a member ask the head of that family if a hit can be carried out?

Within a city do not the heads of families get together to confirm a hit can be carried out?

I will sign this petition because I think that hitman is a specialty function, not every mobster was a hitman.

I wonder if hits on IA's within a city should require the consent of the heads of that city?

After all, if we were talking game animals, would you not be "miffed" if i came to your city and killed your animals without your permission?
Report Post Tip
In the past cities have been taxed or closed to prevent access to IAs other than to their own hitters.

Philadelphia currently operates under a friend tax.
Report Post Tip
Why create more work for the Gods when it doesn't really make a difference?

As Hi said, it's still a matter of speed, not much skill involved.
Report Post Tip
Steps up to the petition and signs

I understand that honor and responsibility needs to be restored in the "way of the hitter" but at the same time i think words HI deserve to be weighed when making this change tradition.
Report Post Tip
Steps out of the shadows after listening to these points of view

Now I do understand that most hitters of old had a system that kept them in a position where they knew how to do things. Now that these changes have been made more available to others, it opens up this field to more competition.

IF you were a great hitter, congratulations to you on striving to be the best in those times, but if you are a great hitter, stop fucking crying over those IA's that were taken by someone who had more luck.

This has changed the way strategies were played out of old to something that many of us are still getting accustomed to. I may not be a hitter, but what I know is that its rather sad seeing people that I have held in high regard as exceptional marksmen whining about their losses.

I for one, refuse to sign this Petition on the basis of sheer disappointment rather than any good reason as to why it should be changed.

An art will always remain an art, only the methods in expressing it may change.
Report Post Tip
Le sigh

Don't wish for the past, work with what we have. I know my blood line has and will always continue to.

Let us all look forward to the future with our arms and minds open to the new ideas and remember the old days when we sit drinking our coffess.
Report Post Tip
I find it a tad amusing that complaints are being raised based on the luck factor involved with inactive hunting. Each time this "skill" is used, luck plays an intrinsic role in determining success or failure. There is no way of absolutely guaranteeing one hundred percent success when it comes to killing. Even with ten thousand kills, failing is still roughly a three percent possibility. To surmise, killing is a luck filled time sink at it's very core.

To qualify what is meant by time sink, that is to say that skill with a gun merely equates to time consumed training. Simple logic would dictate that the more inactive races you participate in, the higher your chances of getting a success here or there. No one wins every single inactive they go for. That would require some actual skill you see. Even in the past when convoluted methods of hit listing etc were needed, no one person won every single race.
Report Post Tip
In all honesty, it just sounds like you are not getting many kills on your part and its making you wish you had that advantage over everyone else, not everyone has that amazing fast trigger finger, it doesn't mean they are any less of a hitter, maybe they go for accuracy more? They take their time, either way, the old system for killing bums was hugely unfair to those who didn't buy the best type of gun they could afford.

Now it's alot more even, and like you said this gives everyone an opportunity to use their gun, but it takes a measure of skill to know what to do with it, That sir is what a hitter is.
Report Post Tip
I don't see how using the hitlist separates the men from the boys as far as hitting is concerned. The old method and the new is a combination of skill, speed and luck.

If this was a petition to get rid of the shooting range I'd be glad to sign it. That method of training requires no skill, no patience and no dedication. There are also no witnesses. Anyone can train at the range, even those without a gun.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Petition for Tradition!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL