Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 18:52:04
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Stealing Food Off Our Table Started by: Zoey on Oct 30, '08 08:56
After reading the local newspaper and drinking a cup of coffee Zoey left her apartment and walked towards The Riot HQ. On the corner she overheard a group of mobsters talking about a murder that happened the night before, but not specifically about the death. They were talking about the questions asked after it happened.

"It was authed." A man said.

"Why did Marietta and Zoey look for a witness?" A woman asked.

A few others mumbled questions and comments. Zoey stood a few feet behind them and waited for a pause in their conversation before she approached them. With a friendly smile she greeted the men and women then leaned against a light post.

Good morning ladies and gents. I heard what you were talking about. A few other people questioned me about the same thing last night.

Some men who were walking nearby stopped to listen to Zoey. She turned towards them to tell them what they missed.

A member of The Riot was wacked last night. The word authed was on a note near his body, but Marietta and I looked for a witness because we didn't authorize anyone to kill our family member.

A man in the crowd stepped forward to talk. "I didn't see it happen, but I heard..." Before he could finish his sentence Zoey held up her hand to stop him.

Sorry to interupt you, but I'm not out here to look for a witness. I'm here to clear up the confusion about why The Don and I were looked for one last night. It's simple, really. There's a rule all families follow, do not wack sponsored mobsters. There is no small print that reads, "except when he gives you auth to wack him."

Who auths shots? Gangsters? Wise Guys? Hell no. Leaders, their Right Hand Men and Left Hand Men auth shots. Any other member of a family doesn't have the authority to auth a shot. The word auth written by a member a few seconds before he dies means nothing to me.

Not only do I see it as clearly breaking the rule about wacking sponsored mobsters I also think it's highly disrespectful to the person's family. I don't wack suicidal members in other families and I've always advised other people not to wack them either.

Zoey paused and looked around at the mobsters standing near her.

Members of The Riot work for Don Marietta. When they're killed without our authorization it's like stealing food off our table. Simply put, we will not tolerate it.
Report Post Tip
Don't steal guys, that isn't friendly at all. The HMS Friend Ship has plenty of food for all to dine on.
Report Post Tip
I agree completely Zoey. People seem to forget at times that, once they have joined an organization, they are no longer allowed to make this choice for themselves.

Not only is it a disrespectufl act, but it can quite possibly end in with whoever took the shot joining you in the obits.
Report Post Tip
Dexter walks onto the streets after Zoey's rant

'So, If I don't want to continue my life style here, and I don't want to commit suicide however, I want a friend to kill me, I cannot let them kill me? If I am going to die, I am going to die, Why punish the one who accepted the kill. Its not like he went off trying to find someone to kill.'
Report Post Tip
Zoey turned towards Dexter to answer his question with one of her own.

Is a friend in another family more important to you than the family you work for?
Report Post Tip
It is Disrespectfull Dex. You want to let your family to have the chance to train their guns and such. But lets think... this ind of act could also start a war! Lets just let the bosses handle this kind of thing!
Report Post Tip
Dexter laughs at Zoey's smart remarks

'Listen, If you don't want people taking authed shots outside of their own families, then you should make it a rule that your family member shall NOT ask another family member to kill them. If it is not stated in your crew rules, then you cannot stop them from doing so. If it is stated in your rules, then you cannot punish the other person unless you talk to his/her boss and they tell you that in that person's rules it states "No shooting other sponsored members, even if they auth it".'
Report Post Tip
If we add to the rule it will look like this.

Do not wack sponsored mobsters, even if they ask you too, even if it's your birthday, even if his grandfather was a rogue, even if you don't like him, even if he stole your girlfriend, etc.

"Do not wack sponsored mobsters" is clear enough.
Report Post Tip
Actually Dexter.Its still considered shooting at a persons family. If There was no authorization given by the family that sheltered that mafioso, then sorry it is still considered wacking a sponsored..They gave him the home.They gave him the food and all the mafiroso needed to get to the point they were at.If the mafioso is still wearing his family tag, then guess what, anybody outside the family cannot shoot with authorization.It doesn't matter if the person authed it or not.That family tag makes it so that his auth is vetoed by the crewleader or RHM.
Report Post Tip
Dexter, you seem to think we are walking around wearing handcuffs and having a ball and chain tied to our legs, with all these restrictions you claim we have.

Simply put, you can do whatever you have the power to do. Why do you think that members follow their Bosses' orders? Because they have the power to enforce them!

Now you are telling Zoey that she can't do shit about someone wacking one of her members unless she makes a certain addendum to her family policies? I beg to differ. I'll bet she could do something about it, and there's not a fucking thing you could do about it if it were your member who shot at her family. Mafia = Power. Not Legislature = Procedural Rules.

I really do hate all of you.
Report Post Tip
It should be a concern for the The Gatti Grassi if their LHM can't seem to fully comprehend this simple concept.
Report Post Tip
Dexter you dont seem to understand something important here: YOU DO NOT KILL A SPONSORED MEMBER.

It does not matter if you you get permission from the person or not. Family issues are dealt within families. Why should another member in another family get into our business? On top of that the Don not knowing about it. What type of bullshit is that? Fucking disrespectful. This is what you're doing... you're basically spitting in the Don's face saying, "Fuck your policies. I dont need your auth. I will kill your member without your permission."

Good luck in your position LHM. I wonder what you would say if another member wacked one of yours without YOUR authorization.

If I stepped out of line here my apologies to my boss Marietta but this is bullshit.
Report Post Tip
This has been an issue for quite a period of time, and yet it is never properly cleared up. I can only hope that the person responsible has been caught and suitably punished.

I don't see a problem with understanding it, I fail to see how others do. If we were all honest people who followed the laws of our land. Even if someone walks up to you and says shoot me you would still be charged with Murder. Our rules are no different, when you join a family you in effect sell your soul to your Boss with a oath to serve them. Just because you have had enough of this life and fancy a swim with the fishes doesn't mean your body is not still the property of your Boss.

There are of course ways out which have been in the past quite well known, but I don't want to go into those grey areas now.

Toodles
Report Post Tip
Dexter looks at the crowd who oppose him

'Alright, I see where you all are coming from. I still don't see a problem if your member has asked to be killed, but if everyone else does, then I will admit I am wrong in my thinking.

However, Oops, Do not bring my family into this just because I saw things differently then everyone else. My family has nothing to do with me coming to the streets and speaking my mind. I would appreciate it please.'
Report Post Tip
It seems like this discussion is starting to turn into one we had not long ago about how a RHM/LHM's words should be taken.

Personally I think that we are all allowed to our opinions, but Dexter you would be remiss not to expect people to make connections between your words, your status, and your family.
Report Post Tip
Dexter turns to Azuela

'Well, what does a man who admits he is wrong get? Nothing it seems. People still are reflecting what I have said to my family. I guess forgiveness is not in our normal daily routines. I have been man enough to admit I was wrong and narrow minded when speaking. I didn't think first.'
Report Post Tip
I should not bring your family into this? My god man, do you not represent your family out here?

And I merely stated that your faults as a LHM/RHM, and here I speak generally, reflects decisions made by Crew Leaders.

Now this is for you : You are a LHM, if you do not agree with a specific ruling, back it strongly.

There was a time when the 120h rule had been implemented and many of us did not agree with it. We stated why we didn't. We didn't go ahead and break the rules because we did not agree. We remained patient and followed our instructions to the tee.

You have clearly come out here and said that you do not agree with this rule. Fine, you get your cookies for doing so, but you then suggest that breaking this rule could be justified? No it is not. It never is. No breaking of any rules are justified.

Rant, rave, scream on the top of your lungs, but in all fairness, do it cos you are passionate about it and don't for one moment think that this exuberant behavior of law breaking of the very rules put into place by the leaders should and could be condoned.
Report Post Tip
Looks at Oops

'Maybe I am a little tired, or stupid but, when did I say it was justified? I said, If someone were to shoot someone else who authed the shot, then it should be okay and they shouldn't be punished. But that was all hypothetical, I never said "They will do it if they want and you can't do anything about it." Atleast, I don't think I did. Correct me if I am wrong.'
Report Post Tip
Now you said this is all hypothetical. So why apologize for being wrong? Hypothesis are based on the basis of being wrong, no apology required. You apologized because you believed in what you said and now feel otherwise. I am glad that you have had this change of heart.

'Maybe I am a little tired, or stupid but, when did I say it was justified? - Dexter
I said, If someone were to shoot someone else who authed the shot, then it should be okay and they shouldn't be punished.

Is this not justification?

then it should be okay and they shouldn't be punished
Report Post Tip
Why should it be okay, Dexter?

It should be okay because the shooter and the victim came to an agreement behind their leaders backs? Clearly most rules in most hq's state something about "not shooting at sponsored members". You are breaking a rule if you shoot at a sponsored member, no matter if your buddy Joe said it was okay for you to shoot him.

If that person wants to die, they should let their family head know. It would save a lot of confusion for everyone. Also, it would save the problem of wondering why the hell someone killed their Wise Guy.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stealing Food Off Our Table
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL