Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 08:54:59
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Are we Stuck? Started by: Kuku- on Apr 13, '13 18:30

Friends, lets discuss something. Something that's been chewed over in the coffee shops and to an extent debated in these Streets.   There's a steady trickle of deaths, but it's business as usual, really. A small group of plotters were rumbled, a few BGs have been shot, a hotheaded Don with different and contrasting interests has decided to increase his presence in the Streets.

So far, so... Normal?

OK, so this isn't the usual discussion about the good ol' days and what we are missing. 

Instead, I lay this challenge down to the naysayers.

What do you WANT? What could enhance life in these 4 cities? 

Report Post Tip

The 'hot-headed Don' you refer to has not decided to increase his street presence at all, that's something that is a by-product of a challenge laid down to himself.

As far as what could enhance life in these 4 cities, it's a tough question to answer when you don't have enough power to make a true change. But what would enhance life in the 4 cities for me has already started to happen. Different people coming out here and taking part instead of going about their usual routine of crimes, jailbreaks and inane coffeeshop converations. It's been a break from the norm recently with regards to the streets and something I've been aching to see for some time.

Of course I would love this trend to continue, but I don't expect it of anyone. I will hopefully keep up my share, along with yourself and other regular streets posters and it will encourage even more people out here so we get the full breadth of opinions on a variety of subjects.

Besides the streets, I don't think there is anything that I can possibly have a hand in changing at this point. There may come a time when the situation changes and it is thrust upon me to make some changes, but until I am in that situation I do not know how I will react.

Report Post Tip

We are a bloodthirsty community, but at the moment, that thirst for blood has been replaced by intrigue at how wars will be fought, something you discussed, Countdown.

The Streets are alive, yes. Crews are full. A new structure is in place. This community is growing.

I'd like to see new people on the Streets, talking, debating and arguing.

Countdown, perhaps we could offer our help to those wishing to hone their Street skills? I'll help the women, you help the men?

Report Post Tip
Small group of plotters were rumbled?
Report Post Tip

I think he is possibly referring to Vegeta and Vaticus and those that died with them, X. At least that was my take on it.

Report Post Tip
That's how I took it too Tyrion. I'm clarifying because that'd be quite a misrepresentation.
Report Post Tip

things are starting to change for the better. hopefully they stay that way, I cant wait to see where else this world bring us.

jumps back in his limo, and drives off

Report Post Tip

Stagers out in the streets being high of choclate, looking around staring at the stars for it is night time now. Gazing on in a drunking daze Willie begins to shout out to the moon.

So many of you have passed as time has gone and my bloodline has risen and died on these very streets. I'd say 6 years on and off, and this day and time everything is so different and i'm not sure if it is for the better. I've heard the rumors its getting better but if this is better what was worse? The jet lag is crazy to the speaches I hear out in the streets its like there is no meaning just people blurting anything to make them self seen. No heart to drive no real thought process. Oh sun i'll be glad when you come and the dark gloomy night passes.

Willie begins shuffling his feet, moseying on down the road to a factory not yet built.

Report Post Tip

"No heart to drive"

My unlearned friend, what in the name of Jah are you talking about? 

Report Post Tip

After two shuffles and a fart, Willie turns around at the sound of another voice besides his own.

You ask, you say what more can we do to clean these streets to make our life even better than what it is. I say better speaches out in the street. Clean up the act a bit. My bloodline is just now comming back and these street speaches are so wrecked I feel as if i'm on a ship. The jet lag is differant way differant almost insane you could litteraly drive the roads quicker than you could fly them. I've heard several speaches in the streets and none worth a comment but this one and thats because it was a how to make it better out here in this way of life.. Not to single out but just to give an example how would you fight a war speech, back in my bloodline day's that would never go out in the streets you would be shot on site. Then there was several other blah blah blah's. What happend to stories or what your life is doing what happend to announcing new things and moving the crowd its all bland. You wanna fix this life fix the streets.. Go to the business. Start from there move forward and prosper with money. Like many has stated NO WAR no excitment its just knock over store after pass money to do nothing to read nothing great. I myself will work to give great reads and speaches it will be hard for i'm mostly on a drug called ps3 but I will prosper and maybe soon open my own factory to let others grow and learn..

Willie begins to turn and walk again.

Report Post Tip

I am none the wiser about my original question...

Report Post Tip
I want Paulzyboi to be given the opportunity to lead his own crew.

Paulzyboi having his own crew would definitely enhance life in these 4 cities.
Report Post Tip

"What would Enhance Life in these 4 cities?"  Vito Mulls Over The question in his head for a while 

All Mafioso's within this thing of ours love to drink from the rivers of controversy, conspiracies and blood.  

"<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">We are a bloodthirsty community, but at the moment, that thirst for blood has been replaced by intrigue at how wars will be fought" - I think  Kuku Hits the nail on the head with that. However I believe this </font>keenness on how a war will be thought will soon b<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">e replaced with a sudden eagerness to start fitting people with cement shoes left, right and </font>centre and everybody will begin to thrive on it.  As Unfortunate as it is , This is what will enhance life within the cities.

Vito Pauses and looks around to his fellow mobsters awaiting their response.

Report Post Tip

Ahhhh, the cycle continues.

Willie, you want to know what the streets of today have in common with the streets of six years ago? The same complaints about things being dull, the same complaints about things not being as good as it was in the past, the same complaints about there being nothing original or interesting around. You want to know what they also have in common? It was complete bullshit then too. 

Things weren't 'great' in the past, as is so often claimed. Yes, there were some great street speeches in the past and yes, there were people with fantastic street presence in the past. Just as there are today. However, there was just as much muck and nonsense then as there is now. We look back with rose tinted glasses and only remember the good times. We oft forget about the dull nonsense that used to raise its head between those moments of genius. This is just as true for last year, six years ago or even going back to the old country before we ever set foot on these shores.

Personally, I have an issue with people complaining about it if they're not taking action to do anything about it themselves. If someone is taking great effort in raising the bar and encouraging interaction, they've earned the right to moan or complain. Until they've done so however, they're just whining. If someone isn't happy with the standard, do something about it. The likes of Countdown, Lilac, ratSkcoR, Elijah and a handful of others have been doing a great job in recent times of raising the standards. If you feel strongly about the issue, follow their lead. If you're simply going to whine, know that you're doing the same thing that others have done for generations before you and it will be ignored now as much as it was at any time in the past.

Report Post Tip

Satanta, I made it clear that this discussion was about what we would like to see, not what was great about days of old.

Report Post Tip
Pretty sure that was Willie going on about that. Satanta was just countering that point, Kuku-

Looks like someone's got egg on their face!

Report Post Tip

I'd imagine it's quite hard to avoid getting egg on a face TheHumanCentipede when the world is revolving around you and you've the gravitational pull of a star emanating from your ego. So spare a thought for poor Kuku.

Just to be clear, yes, I was speaking to Willie there. Hence me discussing his points and referring to him by name.

Report Post Tip

Well, look at HumanCentipede and Satanta bullying me, ganging up, two against one, huh?

and all that I did was make a glaringly obvious and stupid error, the type that I would have been all over.

you are like the police. 

Report Post Tip
It's more like four-against-one, Kuku-, if you count the individuals who make up my thorax and end piece. And I had a hearty lunch too, so we are functioning as a fully-nourished unit now, on a mission to protect and serve.
Report Post Tip

Out in the streets in the early night Novi stumbles upon a discussion. He only listens at first but does not understand too much of it all. It seems as though the people talking have come from another world. An occurance Novi has notices a lot recently, he just can't get what is going on around him anymore. Confused of the ongoing talk Novi turns to Kuku and tries to give an answer to the initial question.

Squishy is pointing us towards the right direction. Seeing the 'passing the baton - competition' i feel as though it is a very important aspect towards enhancing life in the 4 cities to keep in character and create roleplaying stories. I am seeing way too much ooc-talk in the streets about game mechanics and other stuff. From what i could make of Willie's statement i think what he meant by 'clean up the act' was all the ooc speeches in the streets that do not let us see the perspective of the character but the person in real life behind it.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Are we Stuck?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL