Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 16:30:44
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The Plan: Reconnaissance Started by: OdaEtsuya on Nov 19, '08 10:21
Suya is far from fond of that idea, but he can't deny her logic, he just hated to lose the mobility and speed the car provided them in a situation like this. Resolving himself to her suggested course of action, Suya proceeds to snake the car left and right around corner after corner in a crooked line between where their tail should be and where they want to go until he is satisfied that they are a safe distance from their pursuers and in a safe enough place to leave the car. He pulls into an alleyway and parks and then turns to Eva.

Be casual, but move quickly, keep your eyes open and stay close to me.

He gives her a reassuring smile as if to say that he is not going to let anything happen to her and then climbs out of the car and makes his way to the mouth of the alley to wait for her.
Report Post Tip
Eva nods, but reaches for her handbag before going toward the alley. Out of it, she takes a handgun that just barely fit in the purse to begin with. Quickly, she slides her skirt up just enough to expose a holster strapped to her thigh. She slips the gun into the holster and then tosses the handbag back in the car. Heading toward alley, she notices a funny look on Suya's face.

What?

She stifles a giggle, knowing exactly what made him look that way, and takes quick note of their surroundings.

What do you think we should do next? Do we find a building and stay there or keep moving?

The adrenaline was beginning to surge through her veins. These high-risk situations had never been her favorite. She liked being in control and knowing what was going to happen. This was not one of those situations.
Report Post Tip
Suya has to swallow a very large lump in his throat. He is becoming decidedly uncomfortable, and only partially because of Eva's surprising display of flesh. He is suddenly very aware of his lack of a gun and that awareness is making him angry with himself. He should have planned this mission out better before taking Eva into enemy territory. He's now made two mistakes, at least two that are clear in his mind, and that's two more then he's made in years. First he left his gun at home and didn't think far enough ahead to have a means of getting one when he needed it, and then these goons. He should have noticed them earlier. They must have picked him up at O'Reilly's ex-wifes's and he led them to Eva and if he hadn't noticed them when he did he would have led them to the girls and their family too. Suya forces his anger and thoughts of Eva's thigh down and out of his mind.

We will find someplace to lay low, preferably close to a phone just in case we decide we need to call Zoey before we get back to the girls' home. We will keep out of sight until nightfall.
Report Post Tip
The next words out of her mouth come with much hesitation and a touch of dread, but the circumstances called for action beyond perceived self-preservation.

I have a storage unit about 5 blocks from here. If we can get there without being spotted, we can use the phone in the main office, then take the back stairs to my unit. We can stay there until dark.

The possible implications of Suya seeing the contents of her storage unit were awful to think about, but she knew that their safety and the importance of the mission trumped her own insecurities. She felt in the pocket of her suit jacket for the few keys on a small ring that she always kept with her and cleared her throat.

It's at Seventh and Baltimore. You think we can make it?
Report Post Tip
We will make it.

"Or die trying." He stops those words from leaving his mouth with great effort. He can see the distress on Eva's face and makes the logical assumption that, like him, probably even more so then him, she is uncomfortable and worried about the situation they've found themselves in. He at least has experience in situations similar to this one and is confident that if the goons find them, if he can get close, he'll have no problems taking them out. It's closing the gap without getting shot that will be a problem. He glances up and down the street, taking in every sight before stepping out of the alley and motioning Eva up beside him.

As they walk swiftly towards their destination, Suya's eyes always moving, looking for anyone suspicious, anyone paying too much attention to them, checking up and down each street before they step out on to it, he keeps Eva between himself and the building so if the car from earlier comes up on them, he'll be in the line of fire before her. More then a couple times as they go, Suya has to suddenly and quickly, taking care not to hurt her, guide Eva into alleys when he catches a glimpse of the car full goons searching for them.
Report Post Tip
Quickly slipping into what she is sure is the 50th alley way in eight minutes, Eva speaks to Suya as he watches the street

These guys don't give up, do they? Maybe we should leave three bottles of whiskey in the middle of the street, then make a run for it while they're distracted.

Suya shakes his head as he replies, keeping his eyes on the street.

"They will continue looking until they find us, or until O'Reilly calls the back in. Either way, we're-"

He is cut off by the sound of screeching tires. Whirling around, Eva and Suya see a car barreling down the alley toward them- it's side mirrors nearly scraping the walls of the buildings on either side. One moment of panic passes, and the very next moment brings the gun out of Eva's holster. She darts out in front of the car, fires two shots through the windshield, then one shot into each of the two front tires. The car turns sharply, impossibly wedging itself between the walls. Eva pushes Suya toward the mouth of the alley.

RUN!

They take off like rockets toward the storage unit- running at full steam for 3 blocks until they finally come to the old building converted into a storage house.
Report Post Tip
Suya is the first to reach the building's door and would have torn it clean off it's hinges had he not been so quick to turn the knob.

Gun!

That one word and a split second meeting of their eyes as Eva rushes inside is all the communication they need to understand each other, as if they had been working together for years. Without stopping she tosses him the gun and continues on towards her storage unit. Suya runs nearly sideways after her after slamming the door shot, keeping one eye on her and the other and the gun trained on the door. When they reach her unit Suya takes up a position to guard Eva's back and watch for pursuers as she works on unlocking the door.

That was some nice shooting back there. I was very impressed how you kept your cool.
Report Post Tip
Oh- thanks...

The lock on the storage room was old and a little rusty, and Eva had to all but wrestle it to get it to open. Finally, it clanked loudly, and Eva threw all her weight into her shoulder against the door and it swung open. She stepped inside quickly and held the door for Suya.

I...uh....

Talking was going to be kind of pointless at this point. Trying to explain the sight he was about to see would be easier if she just shut up and let him ask questions. The room was filled with huge, wooden crates stamped with the names of what seemed to be every country on the globe. Some were open, with shredded paper packing spilling over the edges. The walls were far from bare. Each wall held every sort of gun ever made- pistols, shotguns, rifles, sub-machine guns. The crates were full of them. On the east wall were shelves and shelves lined with smaller weapons, such as grenades and the makings of pipe bombs. On the west wall was a large work bench with another shelf beside it- this one holding spools of wiring, explosive materials, and huge jars of nails. In the center of the room, painted on the floor, was a large, red circle with the silhouette of a hawk with wings spread and a sword in its talons. This was the symbol of possibly the most notorious war lord from Sicily- a being only known as The Hawk. Eva clasped her hands behind her back and watched Suya, biting her lower lip nervously.
Report Post Tip
19 years of life around criminals kicks in the instant Suya steps inside the storage unit. Despite the surprise assaulting his mind he doesn't let any of it register on his face. He closes the door behind him and then takes a slow look around the room, appraising the armory surrounding him. It rivals his own collection, though it is from a very different area, and apparently for a very different purpose. It seems she is, or was, far from the interior designer she said she was when they first met. Spinning the gun around in his hand so he's holding it by the barrel he walks past Eva in silence and places the gun on a crate beside her then moves to the nearest open crate so he can glance inside. Finding pretty much exactly what he expected he moves on, crossing the room, pausing briefly to glance down at the symbol he had recognized immediately. Reaching another closed crate on the other side of the room he turns to face Eva, smiles, and hops up on the crate.

I love what you have done here. I am no expert, but I would say your inspiration was, what? Neo-classical terrorist?

His eyes flick down to the symbol again before returning to Eva. The smile disappears from his face and the hilt of one of his daggers, very visibly, slips into his palm.

So, how long have you worked for The Hawk?
Report Post Tip
Eva's stomach feels like it is made of solid concrete. Her heart is beating faster than it did the day she met him. She clears her throat nervously and sighs.

I know this comes as a surprise...and I know you feel like I've lied to you, but I haven't. I am an interior designer- but it's a side job. This...this is where I've made my life. I mean, it wasn't what I set out to do, it just sort of happened. I became addicted to the adrenaline. I just...

Seeing the hilt of the blade in Suya's hand suddenly made it rather hard to breathe. She knew what this meant to him- the problems in Japan seven years ago with the Yakuza and the village that was destroyed. Eva lowered her head.

I don't work for The Hawk, Suya.

The tone of her voice lowered and the words came slowly.

I am The Hawk....
Report Post Tip
The expression on Suya's face doesn't change. He barely moves a muscle, just a simple flick of his fingers to bring the dagger's blade with practiced precision to the exact spot he wants it and the next instant it is flying through the air. The blade comes close enough to Eva to slice a few strands of her hair but not close enough to put her in any real danger before it sticks into the wall behind her.

I have a lot of very powerful friends who would pay enough for your head to have me living in luxury for the rest of my life.

He hops off the crate and starts walking towards Eva, still showing no emotion. His other dagger slips into his hand and spins around to point at Eva. He keeps coming until he has her backed up against one of the crates and the dagger held ever so lightly against her throat. He stands unmoving, emotionless, staring into her eyes for a long moment before speaking.

Luckily for you, I do not miss. Which means, if I was going to kill you, you would be dead.

His face breaks into a slow smile and he steps away from her. As quick as they came out, his daggers are back in their sheaths and his arms are crossed over his chest.

I started learning my trade when I was seven Eva. You are very good at hiding, "Hawk", but when I want to find someone, I find them. Everything happens for a reason Eva. Everything like me coming to Detroit, like me coming up to you out of the blue.
Report Post Tip
Her voice is hushed when she speaks, her eyes locked on his. In some ways, she feels betrayed- he knew, yet he continued to work with her...to get close to her. He knew- why hadn't he killed her? Why did he come to Detroit? But, the betrayal was on her hands as well. She'd hidden this from him for the months since they'd met. The decision to come to the warehouse had its consequences, but her heart was in the mission for Zoey...and with Suya. Setting her jaw, Eva reminded herself that she was ready to accept consequences.

Well...you're here. You've got me locked in a room with the majority of my assets. You could be a millionaire in a matter of seconds- whether you take my property or turn me in.

The steady look in her eyes broke, but only a little, and softened as she looked at Suya.

I'm sorry, Suya. I just want you to know that before I ask you what you're going to do next.
Report Post Tip
Suya uncrossed his arms and brought his hands to rest on Eva's shoulders.

What WE are going to do next is wait until it gets dark then get back to the house to wait for the girls.

He slides his hands over her shoulders and up her neck to gently cup her cheeks.

Listen to me Eva. I came to Detroit to kill you, but I decided very soon after meeting you that the price on your head was not worth your life to me. There are things in this life worth more then money. You can tear my insides into a thousand pieces with words or actions and I will never raise a hand against you. That time has passed. I have made my decision, now you have to make yours. Knowing what really brought us together, can you still be around me? Still work with me?
Report Post Tip
Eva stammers- absolutely stunned by the words that have just come from Suya's mouth.

I...but Suya you...I mean, I am....

Her eyes dart from side to side as she searches desperately for the words she wants to say- then they fall on the symbol below them. The deep red and the black of the hawk creep up to her through her feet, then up her spine, then into her eyes and voice. She smiles and just looks at him squarely in the eye with a bit more confidence.

They have called me a war lord, a man of the devil himself, and an angel of death...but one thing I am not is foolish.

She touches his hands as they gently cup her face.

I am standing before a man who forsakes riches for my life- who can turn the other cheek from my shady business and see past the cold steel and explosives.

Shaking her head slowly and still smiling, Eva sighs with eyebrows raised in defeat.

I can do all of those things, Suya...I could do more.
Report Post Tip
Then the past is the past and your secret is safe with me. No one knows that I found you, only that I had a lead on your whereabouts, and I see no reason to change that.

Suya leans forward and plants a soft kiss on Eva's forehead.

Now that that is settled, we have more important things to think about, namely finding out where O'Reilly is laundering all that money.

A couple of hours later, after one more check outside satisfies Suya that it's dark enough to give then sufficient cover as they head back to the girls' house. Slipping back into the storage unit Suya heads straight to the rifle and ammo load he has waiting on a crate next to his coat. He slips his coat on, loads up the pockets with ammo clips and then picks up the rifle, suddenly feeling a lot more confident about their chances, but still troubled by the situation as a whole.

Time we got moving war lord. I know you can shoot, but how is your stealth?
Report Post Tip
Eva feels no need to take any more weapons after watching Suya load up. That made her giggle. Deciding he was armed enough for both of them for the time being, she stepped out of her high heels and stood in stockinged feet on the cement floor

Better now....

They slipped quietly out of the storage unit and, much faster than last time, made their way back to the alley. Luckily, Suya's car was safe and still hidden. They got in and started toward Julie's house. Eva noticed that he drove very inconspicuously- as if they were just any other couple out on the town. This, she knew, was a gamble. If they drove too irradically, they would be suspect to anyone who might be watching and waiting. Then again, if someone were watching, driving normally would make them easy to spot. Eva smiled- he was a very smart man; and merciful. Those were two qualities she knew would serve him well in the future.
Report Post Tip
After a very long, slow drive in which Suya took the most indirect route possible without taking them too far out of their way, he pulls once more into an alleyway a block away from the girls house and parks. He picks up the rifle which he had sitting at hand right between him and Eva and climbs out of the car. Instead of going out onto the street, Suya leads Eva deeper into the darkness and they travel the tight, dark alleys behind the buildings from the car to the house just as they had from the storage unit to the car.

The house appears dark and empty from the outside and Suya is not sure if he finds that comforting or worrisome. Considering when they had gotten in from the bar that morning he hadn't expected the girls to be there, but things had seemed off from the moment they left the Brass Eagle, so his trigger finger is itchy to say the least as they make their way inside.
Report Post Tip
Immediately, Eva regretted not arming herself at the storage unit. Something wasn't right, for sure. Even their Mother should have been back by now. Glancing at Suya, she silently mouths to him and points her finger toward the fence leading to the backyard.

I'm going around back- you take the front.

From the back, Eva knew she could get through the kitchen and to her bag where another handgun was waiting. If someone was in the house, they wouldn't hear her coming unless they were in the kitchen. She quietly made her way to the back yard and up the crumbling, concrete steps to the back door- which had been left open. Eva crept inside and listened. There was a rustling coming from the little hallway between the front room and the kitchen. Quickly, Eva found her gun and started toward the front room.
Report Post Tip
Suya stayed low, his rifle held ready to fire as he makes his way around to the front of the house. When he reaches the first window he carefully brings his head up just enough to peer inside. His eyes almost immediately land on movement. The tiny bit of light shining in from the outside is enough to make it clear that whoever is inside is a man, and Suya doubts Julie and Jenny's father would be rummaging around his own house in the dark. Ducking his head back down Suya makes as much noise as a shadow as he slips through the front door and approaches the intruder. The closer he gets the more and more sure he gets that it's not the girls father. Like a snake, Suya uncoils from his crouch and strikes. The butt of his rifle slams into the intruders chest as he sweeps his legs out from under him and drives him to the ground. The moonlight illuminates the intruders face and Suya shakes his head.

Something I can help you with Jimmy?
Report Post Tip
Eva watched every move Suya made up to the point that he took Jimmy down. At that moment, she flew into the room, gun trained on Jimmy in case he tried to fight back. Now that Suya had him pinned on the floor, she kept her gun aimed at his head. Jimmy was still trying to catch his breath when Suya posed his question, but he shook his head and spoke with a rough, Irish accent.

"Aye, you can fuck off. What are ya doing here? Couldn't get enough of the redhead? Sweet piece of arse, that one is."

Faster than the naked eye could have seen, Eva picked up her foot and buried it- heel first- into Jimmy's stomach and clicked the safety off her gun.

I don't think now is a good time to show off your stunning wit- the gentleman wants to know what your business is here. If you wish to keep your head in tact, I suggest you answer him...politely.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Plan: Reconnaissance
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL