Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 08:50:37
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Barber Shop Started by: PullThePin on Nov 09, '13 03:43

The Barber Shop

The back streets were like alley ways narrow and dirty full people coming and going it was nothing new just the daily hustle and bustle of Detroit I had been walking these streets since a young man and knew nearly every business owner they would wave and nod as I passed by.

The red and white pole turned outside the barbers shop with the sun shade pulled down over the owners name, everyone knew who owned the business so it was no big deal after all it had been passed down now for three generations.

The scent of  talc, hair tonics, Barbicide, and cheap coffee it brought back memories to most young men from when they were kids, seated on the wooden bench reading a comic waiting to get their short back and sides. I always loved how the older guys sat around drinking coffee and chewing the fat while smoking those big cigars imported from Cuba.

The wooden interior with the bright red leather retractable chairs a mirror placed in front of each one and the cut throat razors neatly placed next to the scissors,  we used to lather up as kids with the shaving foam while Tommy the guy who worked for my father gave us a pretend shave with a comb holding our heads tight telling us not to move.

Today opening for the first time under my own name sure feels strange wondering will I be able to survive in a city where there lots of competition for business.

I stuck on the old coffee pot and flipped the sign in the window to OPEN.

Report Post Tip

Angus hasn't had a decent shave in ages. Spotting the red & white striped sign outside the building he decides to give it a try.

The Barber Shop

Pushing through the rickety door he's saddened to find the place in a complete state of disrepair.

DAMN IT! I'll have to find another place.

Angus rubs his chin and moves on. Maybe he'll find a place nearby somewhere?

Report Post Tip

On his way back from the CheeseSteak house, Buscetta remembers he did needed a new haircut and needs a shave very bad. He asked around for a good barbershop in Detroit City and after asking 3 people with a straight answer to go to 'The Barber Shop' He knew enough and decided to give it a try!

Walking under the red & white striped sign outside were the door is placed, he pushes it open and a old bell rings. it has been tied with a rope from the door to the bell and if the door opens it rings, but very loud so everybody gives you almost a stare down when you enter the barbershop

"New face walking in our shop, welcome sir" One of the barbers says. "Please, sit down here! I can help you directly as it is a bit quiet now, means you are lucky we are pretty busy around this time of day normally" Buscetta can hear a Irish accent in his voice, meanwhile the barb slides the chair backwards so bucetta can sit down in the chair.

"Well thank you sir, i would like to have my side burns shorted and also my head shaved on the side and leave it on top so i can comb it to the back"

The barber starts to pick some material and Buscetta waits for him to begin.

Report Post Tip

The Admiral had been extremely busy over the past few weeks and he looked like a mess. While driving back to the HQ after a successful heist he drives past a local barber shop. He quickly tapped his driver on the shoulder and ordered him to pull over. He stepped out of his car and walked inside the barbershop. 

It seemed that he was the only one there and could take a seat for a quick cut. The barber quickly started working on Admiral's coupe with a pair of scissors. Within minutes the Admiral saw his messy coupe evolve into something amazingly stylish. The Admiral was happy and moments alter he stood outside again. Like a real gentlemen he paraded back to his car and drove off... 

Report Post Tip

Mort was in desperate need for a haircut, after all he was a lemur. His summer coat had grown as thick as a jamaicans dreads, he also had a afro of just fluff. 

Mort proceeded to enter the shop and sit down. He wonders if they'll ever ask him what he wants. Mort continues to wait.

Report Post Tip

Anubis was walking through the streets of detroit when he noticed a barbers, He rubs his hand against the thick growth that rests on his face before he decided to try the front door. After attempting to pull and push the door he realizes this business is no longer running, He looks about to see if anyone noticed and then continues to walk down the street, Turning back every so often to make sure no one has opened the door.

Report Post Tip

Jacob was walking the street of Detroit and he see a sign tat says The  Barber Shop and he think to himself "its been a while since he got his hear cut and he also needed a shave" 

Jacob walks in the door and over to the barber " I need a hear cut and a shaving do you got time to do that for me now ? "

" If you can wait 10 min or so I can do that, just sitt down and wait take a cup of coffee if you like " the barber says 

Jacob sits down and take a cup of coffee and light a cigar as he is waiting 

The barber was now ready to serve Jacob " take a sit in the chair sir and I will cut your hear and shave you " the barber says 

Jacob takes a sit and say how he likes his cut 

The barber starts doing his work and after 30 min he was finish, Jacob pays the barber and walks out in the street again feeling new 

Report Post Tip

Matthew Ragonese wanders down the foreign streets of Detroit with a proud strut, in search of opportunities to clench his thirst for a pretty penny. His brown coat is slung over his left shoulder and his beige slacks, though he has tried desperately hard to keep his attire presentable, have become stained with the occasional dirt smudges which scatter along his clothes like paint splatters against a canvas. His black tie is lazily undone and dangles against his white button-up shirt that tucks into his pants.

He spots a flock of women down the street and his eyes follow their bodies as they pass him, giving him the shiest of giggles before murmuring inaudible tweets into each other's ears once a good few meters from Matthew. He pays little mind to their gossip, his eyes having found the barber shop on his right. He takes a few steps forward, bypassing the door, but then halts with one foot still in the air comically, ready to take the next step. His eyes zone in on the open sign and he takes the opportunity to peek through the window, witnessing a man being shaved by an aged barber. His foot reluctantly settles on the sidewalk and he approaches the door. Upon sliding the shop's entrance open, the ring of a bell echos throughout a small radius.

Matthew approaches the 
pedestal where a secretary is present and greets her with a charismatic smile. He keeps a hand on his jacket to provide it with unneeded support while it dwells on his shoulder.

"How are you today, miss?" Matthew asks, though not paying much mind to the lady's response as he gives a man with a freshly-shaved chin an envious stare. Nevertheless, she retorts politely, though completely aware of her distracted customer.

"I'm doing fine, why thank you sir," she says, tipping her head to the left while her lips twirl up into the signature smile that she gives all customers...as if to lure them in with her pearly white teeth and then keep them trapped with her kind tone. "Looking to get a shave?"

Matthew gives the woman a sarcastic grin as one of his hands run across his five o'clock shadow-tainted jawline. He shrugs. "What, you think I need one? I was starting to like this look if I do say so myself."

The woman greets Matthew's words with a laugh. She casts her eyes over her shoulder and pinpoints an unoccupied barber by the name of Timothy.

The entrance bell rings as another customer makes his way inside.

The lady gestures over to the employee.
"Right that way, sir, he'll help you immediately." Once again, that smile! She blesses Matthew with the sweetest smile her lips can maneuver into. Matthew tips his head to her in appreciation, rolling his fingers through his jelled, slicked-back hair, before approaching the barber. He seats himself while Timothy collects shaving cream and a long razor that looks a little more like a nail file with a handle than anything.

After about half an hour of cutting and conversation, Matthew splashes a few coins onto the receptionist's desk--including a tip for both herself and Timothy--and exits with a face that, as he would explain, smells and feels like heaven.

Report Post Tip

Hardwell had waited all day for the chance to catch his mark slipping. He watched as the man walked into the Barber Shop and sit into the chair for a shave. Hardwell walked in as the man was getting lathered up and whispered into the barbers ear.

Give me the blade or there will be 2 dead son of a bitches, instead of 1.

With a look of fear on his face the barber handed over the blade. He was instructed to continue lathering the poor sap up. The barber finished and moved to the side as Hardwell stepped up behind his mark, he put the blade to his throat and spoke.

Qui gave you 2 weeks for his money to be paid, your time is up you piece of shit!

With that he took the blade and slashed the mans throat. He choked and blood went everywhere. As the man fader to black he tried to get out a word but nothing was heard. Hardwell handed the barber his blade and a $50 bill.

Clean this mess up. That's for the trouble say anything and I'll be back!

The barber was shacking in fear and nodded as if he understood. Hardwell head out the door without fear and saw his car was once again missing a hubcap. When will this shit stop he wondered.

Report Post Tip

He had been away from home a few days and the comforts had home had been missing, business was good but the problem was it kept him busy.   Walking in he looked round the barber store as the sight of brylcream and the smells of antiseptic cleaning the barbers combs and blade perforated the air.

Walking in he smiled at the empty shop as the barber looked on.  Placing himself in the chair, he sat back as he looked in the mirror before frowning slightly.

"trim the hair to make it business like please, and i need a clean shaven look please" he announced.

Sitting back he watched as the barber approached

Report Post Tip

The days had been growing hit in Detroit and Gideon didn't know how to help himself in this matter as when it was hot there was not much you could do to cool down you could strip and be naked and still feel hot. He preferred it to be cold that way he could bundle up and feel good rather than be miserable and hot. He decided one way to significantly make it much cooler was to get a haircut so he decided to go in and meet the local barber shop people.

.      When he went in there was nobody getting there hair cut so be went straight to the cutting " I want a fade" is what Gideon asked and the barber got right to it. When the man was finished Gideon felt cooler already he gave the man his cash and a large tip and made his way onto the streets feeling amazingly handsome.

Report Post Tip

People always made fun of his hair, calling him bowl-head and the like. Ted couldn't help that he wore a helmet to sleep, it was the only way to keep himself from getting injured when he fell. It happened most nights, almost like an alarm, some people would buy a bigger bed, but Ted wasn't like most people; he didn't just have money to throw around willy nilly. Unless it was food, or hookers, or drugs, or a combination of the three. 

After hearing about a place that opened up a few months back, a hair cutting place, he decided to check it out. Maybe they would be able to help him with his look. Maybe he would finally have that beautiful hair that made all the ladies say "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyuuummm.", or maybe that wouldn't happen at all. Who's to know?

"Yes, I would like one haircut please." looking at the prices he simmered down on exactly what he would want, maybe just a little snip or two would do. "Yeah, just uh... cut a few strands."

"A few strands? What does that even mean?" 

"I don't know... just like... snip the back a bit?"

The man sighs and then puts Ted into the chair, taking his scissors he cuts approximately one piece of hair before Ted jumps up and smiles. Shaking the mans hand he sets a five dollar bill on the counter and walks out. Surely he's hot now, surely all the women will notice.

Report Post Tip

Archy once more was searching the streets of Detroit for a barber, his friend Astro needed a hair cut so bad. His hair has grown tall that Archy finds it hard to locate his stash of hash that he usually hides between his humps. 

I'm sorry Astro, but it's time for a haircut, I've heard about that barber's shop somewhere in downtown, we should come across it soon.

Archy could notice the resentment on Astro's face, so he decides to light a joint and take a deep buff, then put it between Astro's lips, who take a deep buff then another, then eats the joint. Archy angry looks at Astro.

Aren't you ever gonna stop doing that to me?

Archy sighs

I hope you're feeling better now then.

Archy could tell that Astro has relaxed a bit and guides him to the door of the barber's shop, he then pushes the door open and helps Astro inside, then walks over to barber.

Hello there, my friend here needs a hair cut as you can see, his hair has been causing us some trouble as of lately.

The barber looks behind Archy only to see a camel and turns to Archy yelling in exclamation

YOU MEAN THE CAMEL!?

Archy pushes the guy into a seat and with a stern look he addresses the fella.

Listen mate, that camel here is my best friend and bodyguard, so don't you dare talk about him like that again. Now to business.

Archy reaches for his wallet and takes out some ten dollar bills.

Here... That's a fifty, you better take care of my friend till I go finish some business in BlackBottom. I won't be late.

Archy waves at Astro before he makes his way out of the shop.

Report Post Tip

An hour has passed before Archy returned to pick his friend off the barber's shop, he walks in and looks around till he finds Astro. A surprised look is drawn on his face as he notices the new look of Astro.

"Oh my God Astro, look at you... You look magnificent, just like that royal camel we've seen in the pictures earlier"

Archy looked happy and satisfied with the new look of his friend, he walks to the barber, who still seemed a little bit frightened. Archy tried to comfort him and shake his hand.

"It's okay man, there's no need for that fear. I love what you did to Astro here, he looks a lot better and he seems to be happy about it too."

Archy smiles at the guy and reaches into his wallet for another ten dollars bill.

"Here... That's for taking care of my friend. Thanks a lot, I hope we get to meet again sometime soon."

The barber smiles at Archy and slowly grabs the money from his hands without saying a word, he just nodded at Archy and walked with him and Astro to the door.

"Okay Astro, let's go now. We got a lot to do here in Detroit. What do you think about visiting the Aquarium? I'm sure you'd love it here."

Archy guides Astro out of the shop, then rides it and guides him to the Detroit's Zoo and Aquarium in DownTown.

Report Post Tip

Walking in he takes a seat while he waits for the barber to get ready.

"I'd like to cut my hair and trim my beard a little, it's gotten so long that I can now braid my beard."

The barber laughs and looks at him. "Give me a few minutes to finish up my last customer."

"That's alright my good sir."

He sits there breathing in the many different scents of the barber shop as he waits for it to be his turn.

The barber walks over to him "it's your turn now, hang your coat up over there."

After he's hung his coat up he takes a seat and the barber starts cutting his hair and trimming his beard.

"Holy hell man, you can make a pillow with all that hair."

The barber chuckles and turns his chair around. "All done, are you happy with the end result?"

Looking in the mirror he starts smiling. "Looks perfect."

He slides the barber fifty bucks and heads outta there.

Report Post Tip
Big_Daddy_G notices he needs a haircut and head out in search of a barber shop. As he walks through the streets of Detroit he finally finds a barber shop and stops for a cut.

"Good day sir" BDG says

"I'll take a trim and a hot shave"

He then has a seat and the barber gets to work. Once finished BDG pays for his cut and slides the barber a tip
Report Post Tip

Time flies when you are having fun, they say... And that had been the case for Admiral Ackbar. The past weeks had been wild and within a blink of an eye three weeks had passed. When The Admiral woke up one morning he took a long gaze at himself in the mirror. He had a two-day beard and his hair was pretty messed up. He needed to get himself back in shape, and needed a haircut..badly. 

Admiral Ackbar knew where he had to be for that! He grabbed his coat and walked down stairs, his car was parked out front. While driving down town to the barber he listen to some good old classic music. Five minutes later he arrived in front of the barber, stepped out of his car and walked inside. 

'Goodmorning Sir, I would like to have a hair-cut and a clean shave please' Admiral said while he stroked his cheeks. 

Report Post Tip

After weeks of trying to get a date with this girl , she finally gives him the time of day and agrees to go on a date

While driving to go pick up clothes for the date he realizes he need a haircut luckily he sees a barber shop not to far from where he is going to buy his clothes 

He walks in and immediately he is greeted and after 5 min of waiting a chair is open

Report Post Tip

After fully changing into his human form, Ocknotyn sat on the corner of the Detroit Business District eating his six peice hot wings and enjoying the earthly jazz music he had grown accustomed to. Having no desire to eat the full plate, he gave the remaining chicken to a hobo who had lived beside a meat-packing plant. 

Continuing on through the business district, he stops by The Barber Shop to get a fresh cut. As he enters everyone stops to stair at the Made Man's appearence, due to his grizzly facial hair and matted scalp. The first open barber hollers,"Come over, I take good care of my people."

Ocknotyn hesitates not, feeling glad to have an opportunity to look more like the true mobster he is.

"Let me get a cesar with a most badass mohawk," Ocknotyn says to the barber as he sits in the chair as if it was a throne.

----

He receives his haircut along with a shave. The barber exfoliated his face afterward, giving special attention to the pattern that was etched with a golden straight razor.

Looking fresher than a bullet wound, Ocknotyn exits the barber shop. He goes back to Don Latin's HeadQuarters to fill a bathtub full of ice and pour hundreds of beers into it while cooking hamburgers over a grill..........

Report Post Tip

It was time for a change that much was true, sure the curls got her a few perks here and there but the long hair was such a pain in the ass. She was constantly hiding it under her bell shaped cloche hats or pinning it up and away from her face as much as possible so it was logical to just get rid of it. She frowned however at the choice presented her, a barber shop, in which a short statured lady who was barely even out of her teens would likely not be viewed in a decent light waltzing in wearing heels and a skirt. The choice then was simply to change into her everyday wear of trousers, dress shirt, and vest, changing out the heels for a pair of well shined oxfords. Once her clothes were properly put away in her dark green Packard she strode with purpose towards the shop and pulled the door open. 

The bell over the door chimed and a few men who were sitting around shooting the breeze looked up towards her as she walked in and stood at the counter. She was lucky the wait was short as there was only one customer in front of her. It was hot in the shop and she thought about pulling her hat off to let her hair down but ended up not needing to until she was seated in the chair. With a soft tug she pulled the fedora off her long curls and let them tumble past her shoulders. "Cut it all off if you will, I want it short and simple."

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Barber Shop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL