Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 15:18:52
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Upside down Started by: Todd_Murk on Dec 18, '08 02:21
I've gotta say I'm disappointed. This is the Mafia? This is that sacred society that I've dreamt of entering for the past twelve years of my existence? Where's all the glitz? The honor? The pride? I hope to God there's a bigger picture--something that you get to bear witness to only after becoming a Man of Honor--'cause right now? Not all that impressed. All I can see is a mockery of all the values that our culture holds dear.

Family comes before the individual, yet these seven cities are plagued with self-serving chumps that disgrace the title "Mafioso." Entrepreneurs that choose to profit solely for themselves, boasting a rich status and more bodyguards than the head of their family, who has sworn to protect them. Individuals seek power and train their guns so that someday they'll be able to branch out on their own. They treat their boss like a means to an end and nothing more, donating just enough to stay in good graces so that someday they can put on their big boy pants and stab their former boss in the back. Where's the loyalty in that?

Next up: Jumping ship. Why is it considered perfectly acceptable for someone to change families as frequently as underwear? When a new family emerges, "loyal" Mafiosi from other families gravitate toward it; their buddy's the new CL in town and they want to join up with him or her. What better way to thank your boss for everything he or she's done than some spit to the face on your way out the door?

I could go on and on about what's wrong with the world today, but I know half of you have the attention span of a toddler and can't sit through another minute of this.

In summation, start acting like Mafiosi already. I'm disgusted.
Report Post Tip
Phantom_Ghost, smoking his cigarette listens until Murk is done with his speech.

Todd. Come here for a second..

Phantom_Ghost flicks his cigarette out and watches Todd's eyes widen as he sees PG sitting there. Todd and PG walk around a corner to have a chat.
Report Post Tip
Perhaps I have let my frustration get the better of me. I certainly apologize if I've offended anyone directly, though I believe I have made valid points and would still very much like to discuss them if anyone is willing. I would love to see this society back on its feet.
Report Post Tip
Jumping ship in the time of a new auth is not disrespectful if done correctly. You must go through the proper channels, and the official move of allegiance is more of a gift from one boss to another than a true "Screw this, I am going with this guy" as other frowned upon jumps are. One should have a right to help their friends run a family, as long as their boss is willing to let them go. Final word on the subject: if the boss you are with is fine with it, then it shouldn't matter to any other person.

Loyalty all depends upon the axis of the person's true intentions to some degree yes. However, those who pretend to be loyal are usually found out easily. Truly loyal members of a family will follow their boss into the flames of hell. If you are graced with the power of having your own family, and see the former boss doing business in a less than appealing approach, then by all means do what you have to do to work through that. If the only option is an eventual death of one of you then that is the way it is. Loyalty is derived from your actions, and being loyal is still a strongly wanted feature of mafioso by all leaders. If you are expressingly disloyal, you will not hear the end of it for many generations.

That is my input on the subject. Feel free to comment, or ask for clarification.
Report Post Tip
One more quick amendment: I mispronounced "honour." I keep forgetting I'm Canadian.

Murk whips out his English to French dictionary and sits down to study.
Report Post Tip
By proper channels, I certainly hope you mean that the new crew leader approaches the established one, not the family member approaches the new crew leader and asking for a space. That is the kind of disrespect I am talking about. It would be ridiculous to have a crew leader sit around with nothing but thugs and gangsters for protection--he'd surely be targeted by his enemies.
Report Post Tip
Phantom chimes in

I feel that to be untrue Todd,

My ancestors have been leaders themselves and as I've been told it would be ridiculous to hold a member back from a serious promotion. I could see if you were a hitsquad leader or something of the sort, but if you're just a loyal member of a family who has been asked by a close friend or fellow member to help out in a new HQ, I find that to be a neutral proposition.

In conclusion

If you're "jumping ship" to have the same position, that could be viewed as disloyal, if you're getting a promo as in Right Hand or Left Hand, I see nothing wrong with that.
Report Post Tip
With all due respect, I'm going to have to disagree with you, Mr Ghost. Wouldn't it then be disrespectful of that new crew leader to be having a conversation with a crew member of another family without first talking to that member's current boss? Imagine if the crew leader were to decline the request--the crew member might begin to cultivate negative feelings toward his boss, which might ultimately be detrimental to that family as a whole?

Yes, though, I understand and agree with you about vertical movements instead of horizontal ones.
Report Post Tip
Well to this Todd i must say.....

1: Some poeple may but many people dont just jump familys the bigest example

Zoey was killed tragicly and Guardian was her RHM correct am i not?

Marietta authed Guardian to house all of Zoeys members before they were all shot in cold blood

Guardians crew is basicly still Zoey but just not with Zoey ruleing it.

So technicly those people that were with zoey and now with Guardian are still basicly with Zoey.

2: If you havent noticed not any old random people get auth to be a CL only ones that the crew leaders think are good enough for it and the Crew leaders are not stupid they know when some members are not pulling there weight and those members are dealt with some members want to pull there weight but cant because of Real Life things like work, family, friends etc etc so they let there leader know they cant and then there leader understands.

3: Also if you notice did you see any of Gambino's or Handiman's crew survive and got to another family prohapes but only the Gangsters and thugs anything above that were killed because they could have revenge for there lost CL because like i said the crew leaders are not stupid and will eleminate those members no matter if they have joined a new family to try start a new life because it doesnt work that way.

So all i have to say is all that and this if your disgusted with it then you have to either live with it or dont but dont keep bothering us about it because theres nothing we can do because some people have other lifes and other things to do aswell.

Dk said what was needed to say and walked off into the distance hoping another CL will come along and put in all the missing peices
Report Post Tip
I think the ideal situation to changing families would be for the leader to approach the other leader. This way they could discuss possible arrangements for transfer of said person. I mean if I have someone in my family that does not want to be there, then why would I keep him/her. He/she will not be productive and can I really count on said person during times of need?

Although I do agree that if a member approaches another leader about an invite while under my protection, that is a slap in the face to me. The only time I would not consider it to be, is during a time of favor such as the death of a close friend whose family has now become homeless. In that case I offer temporary housing as a final favor and notify the member that they have he option to leave if they want.
Report Post Tip
You have to realise there are nearly always extenuating circumstances. Look at my own family for example. The Right Hand Man, Acute, has several more bodyguards in his employ than the Boss, Guardian.

By your estimation, that makes him selfish, self serving and even a "disgrace". This does not, however, take into account that most of Acute's bodyguards were bought for him by his late boss, Don Azuela; and that Guardian would not have even been thrust into this leadership position if not for the untimely death of Don Zoey.

I will admit that there are some situations where an individual is selfish and borderline disloyal, but for each of these situations, there will be another where different factors affect circumstances.

As for leaving a family, there's three ways to do it in my book, especially if you're a Made Man. In a slanty suit, in a bold suit, or in a bodybag.
Report Post Tip
Well, I agree with you KingOfOnePercent, you leave a family in bold suit, in a slanty suit or a body bag. Excellent picturing. You know, this is the third family I am part of now. I've lost both previous Dons to tragic circumstances. The great POD and the late and also great Azuela, KingOfOnePercent knows what I mean. But I am always part of a family with heart.

When I sometimes walk across the street I have to smile sometimes because there are really some thugs, gangster or goombas with bodyguards which I find rather amusing. It always depends on how those poeple got to their bodyguards, some may have got tons of money from their dead father/mother or they have a very good connection to the higher society of our world. In this case I have to say, congratulations you got lucky but you can't say about them that they're not giving something to their family.
Report Post Tip
yep it sucks
Report Post Tip
DeathKnight, I have absolutely no intention to stop "bothering" you about it. I can't in good conscience settle for the status quo when the possibility of a better Mafia exists and nor should anyone else.

Don Jimmy, you've got a point. I had not previously considered the lack of productivity by said crew member. However, I still think that if he or she is unhappy in your family, then his or her next of kin can start again elsewhere. As I believe a previous leader of Los Angeles said, families are not "hotels."

KingOfOnePercent, I agree with everything you say (and enjoyed your imagery--I do love a good body bag), but I maintain that the money that was used toward someone's bodyguards should first have gone to the crew leader so he or she could be protected best. After all, if you cut of the head of a snake, the rest will die, and so it is with families--the family simply doesn't exist without its leader.

Mr Ocean, people have a sense of entitlement. They're born "lucky," as you put it. They do not deserve anything that they have not worked for, and even then they ought to think of the family as a whole instead of being so self-serving.
Report Post Tip
Yes i understand where your coming from Todd but just remember mate some people cant always pull there weight and yes i agree it is stupid when you have a goomba EWP and the acctual CL with only Protected but just remember that if that goomba is the RHM the CL has most likely rpovided them wit the money to be that way as the BG'S are cheap so... thats how the CL'S want it and if someone came from Zoeys crew to Guardians and they were EMP when they were with Zoey you have to take into account that Zoey was also EWP so she would of helped them get EWP aswell and you cant get rid of BG'S just when you want to so they abviosly have to say EMP while there boss i Protected thy probly dont want to but they have no choice and there not going to say 'ok you can wack my BG'S so im below my bosses BG'S' when those BG'S did cost money and it will cost even more now and say the CL's now EWP and the RHM is only protected now all that money that has no got to be spent on new BG'S could either goto a new HQ or even more BG's for either the CL or his/her LHM or there trusted members they think need a bit of protection.
Report Post Tip
I feel your disappointment, but ultimately, other people's business is there business and unless it effects us, who are we to step in and say boo? Am I right?
Report Post Tip
*watching from a far, he clears his throat*

To continue Sal's point.

The leaders of our cities have earned their right to govern our mob way of lives. Even if a don falls and the new leader is the RHM, that still shows the previous leader wished for this person to step in if the worst happened. Everyone who makes it to the top (apart from awol's) deserve to run their family in their own way.

So to take the "jumping ship" idea into consideration, who are we to question their methods? If they are generous enough to give a member of theirs to a fellow family then so be it, if not, then that's the end of the matter.

The point is, until either of us have the opertunity and the honor to build our families, this is our world now. Let us respect those who have earned it and let us remember those who have fallen defending their families.

it really isnt any of our business

*falls quickly into the shadows*
Report Post Tip

They treat their boss like a means to an end and nothing more, donating just enough to stay in good graces so that someday they can put on their big boy pants and stab their former boss in the back. Where's the loyalty in that?

1. Are you stating this from the perspective of a Boss, the back-stabber, or an observer?

Well, let's narrow it down. You aren't a Boss. Your suit isn't bold. You don't own a city. If you play the role of the back-stabber, you have a great perspective for these types of speeches. First-hand. So, then you're a hypocrite. The third option, and most likely, is that you are an observer. A selective eye. You see what you want to see, and not the world as a whole. There are many people in this world who would die for their boss. I, being one of them, refuse to allow you to represent respected Mafiosi in the streets as un-loyal money-mongers.

2. You don't know how much people are donating, unless you are a Boss. Which you are not.

3. What makes me sad about this, is that you disrespect the current leaders to the core. You bluntly state that they are mentally incapable of spotting a traitor. That they don't take care in what they do, that its entirely about, who *ISN'T* messing up. You make it sound like its a simple task to rank high enough to back-stab your boss, without your boss knowing. Fucking disgraceful.
Report Post Tip
*clears throat*

con rispetto, I know that I don't have a bold suit, so I'm not sure I have a right to speak, but I will. I think that it is things like this, shouting about what you think is going on in the cities that drags our good name down. I think it is, with all due respect, children like yourself who don't have the cazzis to grab a gun and show themselves worthy.

Is it true there is an art to This thing of ours? Yes, and it is those who are too stupid or in too much of a hurry to grab honor that dismiss it as 'dishonor' to change things up.

To be asked by a new member who has just gained his stripes to join a crew is a heartfelt thing. They only ask people they know they can trust. And as for 'crew jumping' and 'back-stabbing.' there is some of that, this is MAFIA not Preschool. If some Jamook wants to try his hand at being an idiota, then that is his right, but then it is also our right to take what we see as necessary means.

Have your family fought and died with a family, even if you knew you were on the losing side? Has anyone in your family stood up as un uomo fra gli uomini? Has anyone in your family taken his dues, or bullet with only the 'mea culpa' that they deserved? Have your kin and kind stood with someone to the very end, and most of all, sono le vostre parole degno la vostra anima?

Con rispetto,

Vince
Report Post Tip
I just have to say one thing... LOLOLOLOL, Seriously!?!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Upside down
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL