Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 04:34:13
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Mix Master Started by: Telkin on Dec 10, '13 23:24
Telkin wiped the sweat off his brow, for it was exiting his pores in stupendous amounts. He'd not bothered to turn the heat on his new bar yet, because the constant work was keeping him plenty warm; polishing the bar, hanging up assorted pictures on the wall, scrubbing the kitchen profusely, and the like. He looked up from the spot of the bar he'd been polishing, and smiled as he took a look around the place.

To the right of the door there was an area cleared out for games. Two very immaculate looking pool tables sat under hanging lights that emitted a dim glow. Upon the wall, spaced apart evenly, were a multitude of dartboards. Simple four legged oak tables sat scattered around the place, decks of cards unopened on their surfaces.

Fans overhead spun slowly, sending the cloud of smoke that was already formed around the room. Telkin was an avid pothead, and due to this, there were four foot bongs placed periodically throughout the open area. Ashtrays lined the bar, with complimentary books of matches scattered randomly.

The bar itself was massive, running along the entire length of the back and left walls, shining brightly after being meticulously polished with a lemon scented finish. Bright bottles of liquor sat inside a glass case behind the bar, begging to be opened. Shots weren't available at this particular bar, nor was beer, but Telkin was a master mixer and could whip up a concoction good enough to bring Zeus to his knees. Smiling at that thought, Telkin stood up and nodded in satisfaction before walking to the front of the bar and flipping the sign to read:

Open!
Report Post Tip

Epidemic had only just arrived in Detroit and was delighted to see his associate Telkin was in town and had just opened a new bar, as he went inside he noticed the bongs and couldn't help but smile, he knew his evening would be ending well in this place.

Approaching the bar Epidemic couldn't help but notice there was no beer or shots being served, so being a little confused about what order he asked Telkin what he suggests.

"Something strong please sir, and maybe a tad fruity".

While he waited for Telkin to shake and stir his drink to perfection, Epidemic went off to play darts.

Report Post Tip

Fedelta walks inside Telkin's new bar like he had promised. He takes a seat at the bar taking in the strong smell of pot inside the place. He liked this smell. He wait's a minute as Telkin serves on another customer. He sits patiently and says to him. 

" Whenever you get a minute can I get a water?" 

He begins to get comfortable next to his fellow mobster Epidemic.

Report Post Tip

Walking down the street on this crazy cold night LittleAlicedoll sees the glow of a new bar. Thinking to her self "meh i could use a drink" she walks in.

"Whoa you could choke a horse with all this smoke." she chuckled and sat at the bar. Noticing that no shots or beer was being served she ordered a nice tall road island ice tea and smiled at the bar keep Telkin. "well im glad i know the owner" they talked for a bit then he went about his business. 

She walked around to check the place out and started playing pool alone. As she finished her drink she walked over to the bar. "make it another tea Telkin. Alice grabbed a bong and took a HUGE hit then relaxed. "i could get use to comming here its good people good atmosphere."

A while later and quite a few drinks in she walks from the bar "Night everyone have a good evening"

Report Post Tip

Immediately after landing to Detroit, Honey decided to go to the Mix Master Bar while waiting for her friend. He takes the seat near the window and wait for the waiter. The waiter notices Honey and decided to take her order.

"Can you give me a glass of your famous lady's drink?", Honey told the waiter.

While waiting for the waiter to return, she decided to make herself comfortable.

Report Post Tip

Epidemic had been out of town for a while and needed a place to come and relax after returning to complete some business in Detroit. Heading straight over to his friend Telkin's Mix bar, he remembered he hadn't got that drink last time as he went hard on the bongs too early so this time he was excited at the prospect of finally tasting one of those special Telkin mixed drinks he had heard of.

Not wasting any time he approached the bar hoping to see a familiar face, but it seemed Telkin was out for a moment as he could see a sign on the bar saying 'be back in 10'. Epidemic decided to wait around for a bit and while doing so went over and took a few hits from a bong, telling himself it would only be a few hits...

Report Post Tip

​BlackJack enters the bar with his shoulders pinned back and sits down in front of the service area. He lights up a large cuban cigar and smokes it for a while before addressing Telkin:

Dearest friend Telkin,

I noticed that you have a not shot policy in your bar. I am fairly upset by this. As a mixmaster myself i pride myself in my shottails and believe that some of the hardest and most inventive mixed drinks are consumer out of a shot glass. I therefore challenge you to a mixing contest... I shall mix only drinks poured in shot glasses while you mix the cocktails that you wish to serve.

BlackJack smiles a friendly smile to Telkin and offers his right hand to Telkin to allow him to accept the challenge.

Report Post Tip

Felicita landed in Detroit and to her dismay, her business meeting was moved to the next day. She was upset because she have other plans for the next day. While walking down the street, she pass by this particular shop that catches her attention, The Mix Master. She then decided to stop by.

As soon as she enters the place, she saw people laughing and drinking and smoking this early morning. She then, decided to go to the counter.

"A glass of hard beer please," she told the bartender.

Report Post Tip
Telkin looks up from BlackJack and sees a newcomer entering his bar. She must not have read the menu too carefully though, as she was requesting a beer. Telkin didn't have anything against beer per-say, but this wasn't the place for such a beverage. Tilting his head, he replies

"I'm sorry ma'am, mixed drinks only at this bar!"
Report Post Tip

After getting off a long and boring flight from the east coast Gubermon decides he needs a good drink. He notices a bar that wasn't here when he left a month ago he decides it is perfect. He goes over to the pool table and hopes he hasn't gotten rusty in these last few months. After a few games he decides it's time for a drink and gets Telkins attention :"Make me something that burns  if you have the moment"

Report Post Tip
Something that burns, Telkin thought to himself. Nodding in Gubermon's direction, Telkin ponders over the wide variety of alcohols his bar had to offer. He grinned, thinking of a good combination. Grabbing a bottle of rum, vodka, and gin, Telkin pours a healthy mixture into a glass before adding a pinch of sweet and sour mix and topping it off with the houses secret blend of fruit juices. Taking a whiff of it, Telkin coughed and squinted his eyes. Beckoning Gubermon over, Telkin slides the drink across the bar.

"Something that burns, eh? Rough day?? Either which way, this drink should do the trick!"
Report Post Tip

Pulling up outside Epidemic looked through his car window and smiled, seeing the sign to Telkin's mix bar brought back some fine memories indeed, as he entered the building he looked around and saw some familiar faces and quickly spotted his favorite place over by the bongs.

Not wanting to be rude Epidemic first made his way over to the bar where he could see Telkin working hard as usual, taking off his coat and folding it over his arm Epidemic sat down on a stall and beckoned Telkin over.

"Hello good sir, it's been a while! the bar looks like its doing just fine my friend."

Taking a moment to rummage around in his coat, Epidemic pulls out an envelope and hands it to Telkin.

"Here you are sir, tonight i'm celebrating my recent good fortune and promotions, hopefully this will cover my bill, now i'll take a Gin Rickey please sir and keep em coming!".

Report Post Tip

Mook is in Detroit waiting for his flight back to New York in the morning. He had planned to grab a bottle of gin from the liquor store and drink it in the shady motel he was staying in like he'd done a thousand times before when he notices a small flyer for a local joint that only served cocktails. Mook had a soft spot for mixed drinks, fancying himself a bit of a connoisseur. 

Walking into the establishment the first thing he notices is the place is spotless. Even the pool tables looked clean, like they had just come out of plastic wrap. Whoever the proprietor was; he ran a tight ship.

The second thing he notices are the giant bongs providing a pleasant esthetic contrast to the bottles behind the bar.

There's a man talking to the owner in a boisterous fashion as if he's celebrating something. By their tone of voice they appear to be friends. Mook waits for them to finish before he catches the bartender's attention.

I'll have a French 75 please. Don't make it too sweet.

Report Post Tip

Running and ducking down the dimly lit streets of Detroit, Samuru found himself seeking cover from what appeared to be a gang war, unfamiliar with the city he was visiting he didn't know where was safe but having spotted a snazzy looking joint called Telkin's Mix Bar he decided to go inside.

As he entered he was relieved to find everything inside was calm and appeared normal, all except that dodgy aroma that seemed to fill the entire room, making his way cautiously to the bar Samuru gave Telkin a wink and sat down in front of him on a stall.

"I'll have whatever you like to make sir, but make it a strong one aye, it's been a rough trip".

Report Post Tip
Telkin had been drying off glasses with a tattered towel when Samuru walked in, and as he did so Telkin used his entrance as an excuse to stop working. He had just flown in to Detroit from his home city of Chicago, and was a bit hungover from the previous night. It felt like someone had his temples in a vice grip, and that someone was mixing cement in his stomach. Grumbling to nobody in particular, Telkin mixed himself a screwdriver and sipped on it happily. Tilting his head at Samuru's request, he leaned forward.

"Well, that depends... Which type of alcohol would you like in it?"
Report Post Tip

Having wandered around in Detroit for most of the day, Destiny needed a little break from the life of crime. She noticed the bar Mix Master and headed inside, taking a seat at the one end of the bar, she looks at the barkeep.

"One glass of the strongest you got and a shot of tequila please"

Report Post Tip
Telkin was glad for the order that Destiny put in, for it wasn't often that folks asked for the absolute strongest he had. Reaching under the bar and unlocking a mini-fridge, Telkin grinned at Destiny as he started mixing his strongest gin, vodka, tonic, and secret components into a glass. Stirring it once, the colors blended together in a somewhat ugly shade. Pouring the shot of tequila as well, Telkin decided he could use a shot too. Not tequila though, that shit never mixed well with him. Instead he grabbed a double shot of rum, and having slurped it down in a one gulp, slides over the mixed drink for Destiny.

"Be careful with that stuff...it's been known to cause blackouts! How are you on this fine winter day?"
Report Post Tip

She takes the shot of tequila, thinking "damn that's refreshing" as she takes a sip of the mixture Telkin made.

"This should do the trick."

She chugs the drink and looks around, feeling like it had the effect she hoped for.

"How is the bar scene going for you sir?"

Report Post Tip
Telkin nearly had to pick his jaw up off the floor after having seen Destiny down the drink so quickly. He wasn't even entirely sure that he could do that, but the woman seemed to have done it with absolute ease. Telkin chuckled to himself, wondering how long it'd take for the supremely strong alcohol in the drink to kick in.

"Oh yanno, it has its slow days that's for sure. My bar over in Chicago seems to get more visitors than this one, I may just switch up my "no beer" policy here! What brings you to Detroit today ma'am?"
Report Post Tip

Smiling as she enjoys the atmosphere of the bar on this lovely day.

"No beer policy you say? , I'm here for business and sight seeing, yes sight seeing."

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Mix Master
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL