Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 20:42:53
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
A Christmas party with the angels Started by: Hayley on Dec 21, '08 21:11
The streets of Chicago are lit up with bright lights and colorful christmas decorations. Snow is falling, the streets lightly covered with it. It is quite the beautiful site this time of year. In a large building next to the Angels HQ, Hayley and Draven are rushing around, putting up decorations and making sure everything is just perfect.

As you walk through the streets of Chicago, you see Nicholas handing out fliers. He is mumbling something about why he has to stand out here in the cold. Curious, you take one up to see what its all about.

A christmas party with the angels

With the upcoming holidays, what a great time for a party. Everyone is invited, so come check out the festivities.

When: Starting tonight, lasting through the week of Christmas

Where: The Angels HQ

A variety of food, drinks, and activities will be provided, so just bring yourself and a guest.

Deciding to check it out, you continue down the street till you get to the home of the angels. A sign on the door reads: Angels party here. Many mafioso from the community are mingling behind behind you as everyone awaits to enter. A few limo's pull up, carrying some of the community leaders, fresh off their long flights to join in the festivities.

As you enter the building, you see tables filled with a mass amount of food, and a dessert table that looks very good to any and all pallets. A chef stands behind the buffet just waiting to serve you and your guest. A fully stocked bar is to the right, with anything you could imagine to drink. A waiter approaches you with a new specialty drink of the night, The Fallen Angel. Christmas music is heard through speakers all around the room, a beautifully decorated christmas tree in the corner, and multicolored lights around the room all appeal to your senses.

In the back of the room, someone that looks very much like Muqtada is dressed in a santa suit. A few drunken mobsters are taking turns sitting on his lap whispering their christmas wishes into his ear. You see a few familiar faces, and many you do not know. People are walking around with drinks in hand, greeting friends and dancing to the music.

Hayley walks up to you with a smile, wearing a cute santa hat, and she offers you a glass of champagne.

"I'm so glad you could make it. Please help yourself to anything here, have a great time and MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
Report Post Tip
Walking in Draven looks around in awe as she takes in all the sights and sounds. Thinking to herself she smiles as she walks over to Hayley.

"Well now I must say you have well out done yourself this time. I mean look at this place. I go out of town on business 1 day and come back to this magical transformation."

Seeing a waiter carrying a tray of drinks, Draven motions for him to bring them over. She snatches 2 and hands one to Hayley.

"Cheers! To a wonderful party and a Merry Christmas"

Draven raises her glass in a toast.
Report Post Tip
Mickey stumbles in drunk, yet again!

I know, there is booze, but I couldn't help myself...hic!

He helps himself to the side dishes of yum yum's and begins to munch whilst waiting for others to show up.

May I have a refill? And might I add, nice set up you have here! Winks at the ladies. He had a naughty streak that ran rampant when he got his drink on. Marietta could vouch for that.
Report Post Tip
Hayley takes her drink from Draven and smiles. She raises her glass to toast with her.

Cheers and happy holidays to all. Now lets have some fun.

She makes her way over to Mickey and hands him a drink.

Not sure that you need this, but what the hell, its a party. Very glad you could make it.

And behave yourself Mr. Rourke.

She laughs and winks at him.
Report Post Tip
VictoriaValium pulled the bottle of booze from the sack that hung over her small shoulder. She jabbed it into the side of the man standing next to her as he wasn't paying attention to her and something down the street.

Huckster!

She snarled up at him. Huckster wasn't allowed in half of the liquor stores around town and for the other half, he couldn't find for his life. VV was left always getting his booze or he'd just complain all day. Finally he turned and noticed she was basically burying the bottle into the side of his stomach. Huckster took it from her gingerly.

Whatchya lookin' at?

VV asked after the bottle had been safely passed away and her bag was tucked back under her arm. Huckster raised his hand and motioned down the street. It looked like some sort of fancy party, for fancy folk.

Ain't that where those Chicago thugs hang out? What are they called again? Angles? Awkward Angles?

She paused, putting her hand to her chin to think of the correct name.

Huckster I got it, don't tell me now!

VictoriaValium didn't think Huckster new the name either, she didn't think he was very smart in general. Well, except when it came to making bank, or breaking into a bank. Then, Huckster was the guy you wanted to have with you.

Fallen Angels. That's it, what a silly name. If I were an angel and someone pushed me out of heaven I'd totally punch someone and then fly my way back up there. I wouldn't stay here in this cold city so I could call myself a Fallen Angel.

She shrugged.

Doesn't really matter, to each his own. Huckster you got any idea what they are doin' down there tonight?
Report Post Tip
jockooooo walks up to the party with a big bag of gifts for Hayley... so she can give them to the kids when they come..

Jockooooo looks the room over to find the bar .

He stops and say hello MickeyRourke who is at the bar... Jockooooo tells the bartender the drinks are on me...
Report Post Tip
Vincent walks into the party with a twisted grin on his face, as he looks at all the people gathering

"This is gonna be fun"

Walks to Draven and Hayley, and tips his hat

"Good day to Yous, Now where is that waiter?"
Report Post Tip
Jimmy enters the Angels HQ. He smiles at all the guests in attendance and makes his way up to Hayley. He nods in appreciation as he shakes her hand

You have quite the party here Hayley. Should this party be needing anything, anything at all, Philly is more than prepared to help. My family should be showing up shortly. I sent them out on a few errands.
Report Post Tip
The huckster squinted as his tired eyes strained to focus on the lights in the distance, craning his neck as if the few inches difference in his height would make everything clearer. He had eyeglasses in his pocket, and that's where they stayed. He felt that they inhibited his ability to win the trust of marks with his floating charm and friendly looks. At least that was the excuse he made for the odd bit of vanity that lurked below his half-classy yet unkempt surface.

Fashion over function, Vic. Look good or sound good, and you're as good as good. At least as far as these people are concerned. Haven't you picked up anything from hanging around me?

He allowed himself to be gleefully distracted for a second by the bottle in his hand.

Besides a surprisingly good eye for bourbon, I mean.

He flashed half a smile at the little girl and turned his attention back to the business at hand.

Some sort of Christmas deal, I suppose. Gotta be that time of year, seeing as the panhandlers aren't the only ones panhandling. Anyway, looks like every crook and his call girl mother is there.

He inhaled and let out a mock sigh, then shot a sharp, knowing look towards Victoria.

Kinda place we belong, wouldn't you say?
Report Post Tip
Otis stumbles out of the SCICG HQ, the cold night air slamming against him, he stands there thinking to himself

Good God, I've got to get out more, this fresh air is a wonderful thing, now where the hell is that music coming from

He plods along, following the sound of the festive holiday music, he finally arrives at the Angels HQ, which is already jam packed with leaders and most of the community already. Flipping the collar up on his trench coat, Otis enters the building, and looks for a seat in the corner, but is intercepted by a few fellow mafioso with whom he has spoken with before
Report Post Tip
*Stebbers walks into the party, and enjoys a joint in honor of christmas*

Nice party everybody good to see you.
Report Post Tip
Thinks about all the drugs thats gonna be at this party...

Orders a truckload of pizzas and beer from the local shops...

Party TIME!!!
Report Post Tip
Draven walks over to Otis and hands him a drink.

"Welcome my friend how are you?" Draven smiles at him as she takes a sip of her drink.

"Please everyone enjoy all the festivities! Draven seing Jimmy and Mickey wave as she goes off to find herself another drink.
Report Post Tip
How the hell did I get stuck on flyer duty?!

Nicky notices a young boy walking by

Boy! Boy come here. How would you like to make ten dollars?

I would like that very much sir. the young boy replies

Take these fliers, walk around the block and hand them out.

Yes sir!

Thanks kid. All I have is a fifty.....Keep the change have a Merry Christmas!

Wow! Thank you sir, and you have a Merry Christmas too sir!

Nicky tips his hat to the young man and enters the party full of holiday cheer

Don Hayley...I took care of the fliers, thanks for that by the way. Can I get a drink now?
Report Post Tip
Jewels were the only things VV could think of after Huckster had brought up the type of people who would be at this party. A lot of the women in there were probably wearing fake stuff, but VictoriaValium knew the difference between a real one and paste one.

Think any of those dolls in there got any good jewels on em?

She asked Huckster. Conveniently he knew jewels better then she did. He didn't reply, just sort of looked at her. Gave her that look that they were going to be making some money tonight.

"Kinda place we belong, wouldn't you say?"

Huckster asked her and all she could do was smile devilshly at him. It was the place they should be. She grabbed his hand and forced him to follow her down the street. It was cold outside and it looked warm in that large mansion.
Report Post Tip
Hayley makes her way around her room, drink in hand, greeting all of the newcomers. She flashes a smile, welcoming them to the party and tells them to ask if they need anything. She then makes her way over to Nicky.

Nicky my dear, only the best jobs for you.

She just grins and hands him a drink.

I'm kidding, you know how much I appreciate you.

She makes her way over to Jimmy next.

Hey there Jimmy, I'm so glad you made it. I appreciate your offer of help, but I think things are going great. Just enjoy yourself and let me know if I can do anything.

She smiles and sips her drink.

I wish I could stay and chat, but being the hostess, I have much to do.
Report Post Tip
Harvey walks up to the entrance, the ambiance of the party felt even through the walls of the HQ. He takes one last puff of his cigar, and puts it out and he walks in, looking for someone he recognizes. Harvey sees Hayley in the distance, and passes her bodyguards a simple note that reads:

"Great Party. Even those that dip their hands in the criminal world can dip their hands into a celebration of holidays. Even if it's only an excuse to drink; as if you need one"

Harvey continues looking around for familiar faces
Report Post Tip
Checking his coat at he door, Brooklyn heads to the bar for a nice glass of egg nog

I have to say this is a nice arty indeed!

Adding a splash of rum to his drink...then another...Brooklyn heads over to see if he can find a piano

Who's in the mood for some Christmas music?
Report Post Tip
Hayley over hears Brooklyn and heads towards him.

Hey there, glad you could make it. We actually do have a piano, and I'm sure everyone would love if you played for us.

She points to the piano sitting near the christmas tree.
Report Post Tip
He tucked the bottle under his arm and used his free hand to smooth his hair, in what was almost purely a symbolic gesture, as Victoria tugged on his other arm, pulling him toward the party.

Say, you got a bottle of charm in that sack of yours?

He met her backwards glance with an eyebrow that crept mischievously upwards. She just rolled her eyes as his rhetorical question and kept marching.

Of course not. You can't bottle what I got, girl. What's that the French call it -- je ne sais quoi? Well, I call it money in the bank. Not my money, of course, I don't use banks. Any ruffian can walk in off the street and they'll just hand them your money.

He smiled smugly at his self-referential banter, and drug his feet a bit, offering the first resistance to Victoria's pulling.

Easy now. Don't want to look to eager to be there. We wouldn't fit in.

He winked at her as they approached the door. Rudiger dutifully stepped forward and engaged the doorman.

Evening, good sir, and happy holidays! Nice turnout you're having tonight, isn't it? We brought along some Christmas cheer to show our appreciation and admiration for the Angels and their Boss. You know the one.

The huckster held up the bottle of bourbon, presenting it to the man, but quickly pulling it back.

No no, uh... we'll take this in and deliver it to her ourselves. We don't want to trouble you, you just keep on with your job.

He smiled the largest smile he could manage and slapped the man on the shoulder as he and the little girl walked past, into the party. The huckster pulled Victoria closer to him and handed her the bottle of bourbon.

You'd better put this back in your bag of tricks.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Christmas party with the angels
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL