Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 15:56:43
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Never been authed - rebuilding Brooklyn Started by: JackRyan on Dec 22, '13 19:59

JackRyan had just gotten out of a long meeting between the Godfathers where he took to the streets holding a piece of paper. He nails it to a post, steps back, and everyone rushes up to see what it said. 

They gaze at it as they read

The First Time Auth Competition

It has been decided by the Godfathers that Brooklyn will be used for another interesting competition that will shake things up and give people a chance. It is quite simple for those who have always felt they should have worn that shiny bold suit but have never gotten their shot , this is competition is for them. Anyone whose bloodline has never been a crew leader (that meets the other requirements) before may enter.

(Only exception to this is if your ancestors were a war auth and were not a CL for more than 24 hours)

Rules

1. No older then 30 days
  2. Protection status of the leader and any member may not be above VWP and cannot increase until after January 17th.
  3. Must have permission from your Crew Leader to set up.
  4. You must write up a street post announcing that you are setting up. Within this post, please tell us about yourself.
  5. No further auths will join the district after January 3rd at 23:59
  6. As of January 17th at 23:59 there will be no more than 4 crews in the district. If more than 4 exist after the 3rd, it will be up to the district to narrow it down how they see fit.
  7. No new auths will be made into Brooklyn until such time that a GF or clear city head has arisen.

This competition has officially started I hope to see the fresh blood strive on these streets and to prove themselves to the rest of these streets. 

Good luck everyone.

JackRyan watched as everyone ran to start getting things together to prep themselves for the opportunity.

Report Post Tip

Seeing as there is no rule as to how business inside Brooklyn is to be handled is it safe to say the same code of conduct like every other district is to be upheld there?

Report Post Tip

I would say it would be safe to assume so

Report Post Tip
G stops at the growing crowd around the post. As he struggles to the front to see what the fuss is about he reads the poster and takes in the new competition.

"Godfather, I have a couple of questions if I may, is there no upper limit to the initial amount of crews in Brooklyn? Also how can you be completely sure who has abd hasn't had ancestors that have worn a bold suit?"
Report Post Tip

What kind of outside interference will there be with regards to this district. In the last competition it was stipulated that "unnecessary bloodshed" would be handled with accordingly. Is this the same again with this competition or are the new crew leaders actions (involving Brooklyn only) at the discretion of the other crew set up in Brooklyn.   

Report Post Tip

I know this has been done before, with a similar set up, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.  Its wonderful that we are giving new people a chance to be something great.  I wish everyone luck who ventures out to Brooklyn, and look forward to working with you.  I hope you can all work together, and help us to improve the city.

Report Post Tip

Very nice to see this opportunity come for some of the people here...I cant tell you how long its been since people actually got a fair shake and a chance to be auth instead of the same accounts' bloodline

Report Post Tip

Very nice to see this opportunity come for some of the people here...I cant tell you how long its been since people actually got a fair shake and a chance to be auth instead of the same accounts' bloodline

Well yeah, but this prohibits the people that have been authed many decades ago, and are yet to be authed again. So it does stop the repeating bold blood lines, but it also doesn't give the people who haven't had a fair shake at being bold for many years.

Report Post Tip
The people that you speak of Helix are not being held back from going through the normal channels.

The fact of the matter is the current leader will be battered from pillar to post no matter what they do.

Use the normal methods and it is jobs for mates. Let people vote for who they want and its a popularity contest where you dont have to work for it. Alliw new blood to be set up and its unfair to those who have done it once before.

It is accepted that not every man and his dog will leap for joy but the range of auths and ideas in the last week should energise everyone. The chances have been,and are still, there should you wish to work for them.
Report Post Tip

Oh yay another competition!

Waits for the swimsuit part to begin.

Report Post Tip

Sorry, I should have made this more clear. In this scenario, it is holding back people who were authed eons ago. I fully realise that through the normal channels, people who are completely new to, and people who's family lines have had crew leader experience in the past, have both got chances to fulfill their goals. I would have not mentioned anything, if it wasn't for the "fair shake" comment.  This is only a fair shake to one set of people.

Report Post Tip

It's a fair shake to the majority and not the minority. Which isn't that common if you think about it.

Report Post Tip

Well yeah, but this prohibits the people that have been authed many decades ago, and are yet to be authed again. So it does stop the repeating bold blood lines, but it also doesn't give the people who haven't had a fair shake at being bold for many years.

But isn't that what the Staten Island contest was for?  To give anyone a chance to set up, including those who have been a CL before?  Between the two contests, both old and new people are being given a chance. 

Report Post Tip

No older then 30 days

2 of the crew leaders in that district have already failed to pass rule 1 of this competition and the godfather's auth'd this?

Now how are people expected to play by the rules when yer doing nothing to enforce them?

Report Post Tip

Well, with the amount of family lines that have been given bold in the past, I don't really see it as a small minority.  Also, why not cut out the minority, majority bit? You can easily put it as a fair shake to everyone, not just a certain set of people. Why not have it as anyone can apply? Investigate their roles in this life of ours now. See how they are progressing with their current families? What their input is like with the streets/businesses/crew activity, so on and so forth. It sounds like a lot of work, but for a district that was once great, why not put in that extra bit of work to find the ideal candidates from the whole spectrum of our society, and not just one chunk?

Anyway, semantics, schemantics. I won't go on moaning, as this will indeed fall on deaf ears. Coming from someone that is an advocate and fan of giving anyone a chance, this is just going in the opposite way. Sorry for anyone who disagrees with what I am saying, this is just my take on it all.  I wish good luck to all the applicants to this competition, and speaking as someone who lost his Father in Brooklyn, that these newly embolden people can bring back the former glory days to Brooklyn.

Report Post Tip

my bad. 3. count um, 3 crew leaders older than 30 days.

Report Post Tip

Sasuke, you seem to be confusing this competition with the previous one. This one is for Brooklyn, which currently houses no crews.

Report Post Tip

But isn't that what the Staten Island contest was for?  To give anyone a chance to set up, including those who have been a CL before?  Between the two contests, both old and new people are being given a chance. 

Just to address this, that was widely seen by many as a popularity contest. Perhaps it originally had the notion that "anyone" can get a chance, but subsequently, it came down to how many friends each person had. Anyway, to avoid looking like I am trying to start an argument, when I am just trying to make a point, I will indeed retire to my drinking hole. As said previously, I wish everyone the best of luck.

Report Post Tip
I have never been authed before. I am a prime person for this here contest. It really is the bees knees for us fresh faced mafiosos that dont have the big time connections of the old bloodlines!
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Sasuke , there isn't any CL's yet at Brooklyn.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Never been authed - rebuilding Brooklyn
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL