Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 05:35:19
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Revamped Hitlist Started by: The_Jedi on Dec 23, '08 18:33
I was thinking about the hitlist and how under used it was so decided to think about how it could be more of a feature in the game. I came up with an idea.

The concept:

User 1 is a hitter and needs some cash, he adds himself as a hitter to the hitlist but remains completely anonymous. To do this, he must pay a handlers fee. He then get's a mail when ever someone posts a hit.

User 2 wants to kill someone but hasn't the gun to do so. They go to the hitlist and post the hit anonymously and set their reward, they also pay a handlers fee. The "hit" is then mailed to all hitters who are signed up.

User 1 (among others who are down as hitters) can accept then contract or ignore it. If they do accept, they then have 48 hours to kill the victim. If they fail, they must pay half of what the reward was to User 2, this should prevent people accepting contracts they can't fulfill. If they succeed, the reward is transfered from User 2 to User 1.

If no-one accepts the hit in a set amount of time, the hit is automatically removed.

I think it'll make the hitlist a more attractive option as anonymity means people will not be worried about the reprecussions of hitlisting someone. They will also not need to worry about wasting their cash completely; at the moment, if you post an anonymous hit, 99% of the time, it'll be bought off swiftly.

If anyone can build on the idea as I've literally just thought of it, please feel free to do so, either way, I think as a feature, it is under used which is a shame.
Report Post Tip
I forgot to add, unless you are signed up as a hitter, you will not see the hitlist. The contract is only mailed to hitters who are signed up so there is no "buying off" of hits.
Report Post Tip
I absolutely love this idea. The entire reason it was coded so the hitlist wasn't needed to shoot offline players was to encourage the proper use of it; but it's now become almost completely defunct.

Out of interest, since only 'registered' hitters can see the hitlist, would these registered hitters have the option of buying off hits too?
Report Post Tip
So what assigns you as a hitter? A certain amount of kills? How do you kill without the hitlist? What prevents anyone signing up as a hitter and using information on hits to their benefit. If this hitlist was used primarily for inactives on a daily basis, who would be putting the hits up? The hitters? I thought hitters received contracts and not made them.

Do you know how one trains their gun here? Some would agree with that its all about the endless clicks to make your gun better. What ever it is, its still work done on a daily basis and not when you feel like or receive a flashy icon letting you know its time to shoot.
Report Post Tip
I believe he's proposing this to enable more hits of active users, Mickey.

I honestly can't remember the last time a hitlist was used for this, and I'd like to see it become less defunct.
Report Post Tip
i really like this. however. what is going to stop gangsters posting endless hits on Marrieta becuase they are new and she said they cant have an invite lol. i think there needs to be an IQ test before you can use it. or something on those lines :s
Report Post Tip
I think it's a fine idea in order to provide a more inventive use of the hitlist.

The only problem with something like this is the commonly accepted practice of punishing members for attacking sponsoreds in another family. Do you really think many would be willing to accept and follow through on a hit fully knowing that their leader will kill them if they are caught?
Report Post Tip
Rourkey...When does that happen?I was thinking of the hitlist to be usefull until I noticed...Where the hell is the posts to know of a hit!So I said screw it I'll just find a guy and delete all evidence...Never did....Oh yeah hah!

I got you a second time!
Report Post Tip
Sorry, just to clarify, inactives as always will not need hitlisting. It was an idea to encourage hit's on active members.
Report Post Tip
I will support this idea so long as it is coded that I cannot be placed on the hitlist.

Really, what's this world going to be like without Rourkey?
Report Post Tip
To encourage hits on active members. You know, I am not 100% certain, but I think the you can hitlist whomever you please.

But now we are talking about encouraging hits on active members. That has nothing to do with the hitlist, but everything to do with hitlisting and attempting a hit.

People won't shoot wildly knowing that their statements could be caught as Rourkey mentioned. So by "encouraging" this, changes would have to made with other aspects of wacking and not the hitlist itself. Which means that there isn't anything wrong with the hitlist. It works just fine. People just don't use it the way they would like to because of the outcome.

So we are left with a few choices. Step up, be bold, and use it the way you want it to be used, knowing very well the outcome. Change the hitlist to accommodate everyday wacking, and that would include IAs, which means we would be going back. Change the laws of allowing hits on other family members and let it be acceptable because it was hitlisted, which is ridiculous. Or change the way that witness statements work.
Report Post Tip
I think that the hitlist should hold a concept of many ideas...Such as safety of a person and the threat of your own being...But what I don't like to do is to have to pay so much and find out you killed one guy losing all your money!And that guy will just come back and be a pest again!
Report Post Tip
Just to clarify, I thought to myself, when was the last time I saw a hit added on the hitlist?

The answer was I haven't seen it used in a long long time and so I thought, rather than have a feature that is never used, I'd try and come up with a new way of utilising it. I think this would actually work if implemented and ecourage it's use.

In a nutshell, here's what I'd suggesting as some people have missed some of it's genius (I jest):

Only "Hitters" can see the contracts or hitlisted people.

If you want to be a "Hitter" and see the hits / contracts, you pay a set weekly price to be added to the distribution list once a contract is out.

The contractor or hitlister is anonymous, the only thing hitters will know is the proposed victim and the reward.

There are only ever three ways a hit is removed:

1. Victim is killed.

2. Contractor removes the hit.

3. 1 week passes without the contract being fulfilled.

Why will it help?

If you hitlist someone now, it's removed and you're probably killed if they are an active member.

It works from an RP point of view, hiring a killer can be done, the "hitlist" in this instance would be the fixer if you like so you remain anonymous.

Issues:

MickeyRourke: you can hitlist whomever you please.

Yes, you can, have you seen it used recently though?

MickeyRourke: That has nothing to do with the hitlist, but everything to do with hitlisting and attempting a hit.

If you are a poor hitter but have bags of cash, you'd never take the shot but would rather someone else take it. Problem is, you don't want them or anyone knowing you ordered the kill. This solves that issue.

RoukeyRourke: Do you really think many would be willing to accept and follow through on a hit fully knowing that their leader will kill them if they are caught?

I do, if you have the incentive of 3 million $$$'s, yes, I think people will risk it. I also think it might encourage people to work together to fulfill the contract and split the cash - 1 shooter, 3 Witness Statement Catchers for example. I know this can be done already but it can't be done by someone who can't shoot or doesn't know any shooters.
Report Post Tip
Hit list works fine. Go take a look. Lets see who would actually shoot now. I use the hit list occasionally. Now I think $100,000 is more than enough incentive in shooting. Hell, I like to shoot for free.
Report Post Tip
Yes but what if someone posts a hit for no reason? And what if it is someone in there family that's on the hitlist?
Report Post Tip
I think this is an interesting idea and I like it. That being said, I can see what Mickey is saying. There is a hit list there already where you can post a hit anonymously, and set a reward. The problem is that no one will attempt the hit because of the risk involved. This "new" hit list doesn't change that aspect of it. Right now, if I understand it correctly, all this will change is it will charge you to see the hit list and prevent anyone from buying the hit off (except the person who posted it).

"Yes but what if someone posts a hit for no reason? And what if it is someone in there family that's on the hit list?"

People can post hits for no reason now, but they will have to pay if they don't want anyone to know they posted it. Most likely though, people will post a hit on someone because they want them dead. If you see someone from your family on the hit list you don't have to go for the hit.
Report Post Tip
Jan 05, '09 02:25 Someone has bought off your hitlist on The_Jedi.

Guess no matter which way you look at it, hitters will not take the risk in shooting at someone sponsored knowing the outcome no matter how much the hit is up for. Placing a bounty on someone for ludicrous amounts is in itself, ludicrous.

I can guarantee that you won't live long enough to enjoy your $3,000,000.
Report Post Tip
Also what if someone just started putting random names on the hitlist for no reason? And the regular hitlist works fine, just nobody bothers to use it.
Report Post Tip
I would just like to say that it had to be someone else that bought that hit off it was not me.
Report Post Tip
I bought the hit off!

Not wanting to get hitlisted in game again, I shall stop making OOC suggestions to help improve the game.

Goes off to take his bitter pills.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Revamped Hitlist
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL