Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 05:48:33
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Captain Jack's Coffee and More ;) Started by: JackHarkness on Jan 21, '14 16:21

Captain Jack Harkness was a little out of his time. I won’t go into that story too much as that was another time and another universe, but, suffice it to say...he was used to the convenience of being able to buy a cup of coffee or tea whenever he wanted. A place to lounge around in comfy chairs when he wasn’t working. A place to go where he could enjoy a nice cup of tea and flirt with a cute stranger(or two).

So, he decided to do something about that. He decided to open up his own coffee shop. A place where he could sell reasonably priced espresso or just a plain cup of coffee or tea. Not to mention some snacks. How could you have a nice cup of espresso without a scone?

Prior to opening, he walked through the place to make sure that his contractors got everything right. He had some specific instructions for them that he felt would make his coffee shop feel like a sort-of second home. The second you walk into his little shop, one would notice the nice comfortable chairs which encouraged customers to hang around and hopefully drive up sales. There were some seats near the windows which would be nice to sit in during the summer time. Moving  to the back and slightly to the right and there were some shallow steps that led down to a sunken carpeted area with a cozy fireplace surrounded by loveseats. He got a wicked sort of smile on his face as he thought about the sorts of things that might happen in this slightly out of sight area of his shop. He would have to make sure that his staff had no prudes amongst them, that’s for sure.

Walking back up the stairs, he continued down towards the back and approached the glass counters which contained various confections whose selection rotated daily depending upon the mood of the baker and/or the owner(the aforementioned Mr. Harkness). Then there was the pride of his establishment. The espresso machine. Espresso was so rare in this decade in the US that he had to import the latest model from Italy. He’d heard reference of another machine in New York but as far as he could tell, espresso had yet to reach the popularity that regular coffee enjoyed in this country. He was hoping to change that or at the very least, expand the palates of some fortunate Detroit residents and visitors.

Taking one final look around, he wandered to where the sign which would stand outside his new business. It was a black-board sign which he could change at his whim. Currently it read:

Report Post Tip

Captain Jack's Coffee and More ;-)

Fine Italian espresso, coffee, tea and much much more!

Come on in and enjoy the  taste of the best(and probably only) espresso in Detroit. Our machine was imported from Italy and we guarantee you'll enjoy your drink or we'll gladly exchange it for an ordinary cup of coffee or tea.

Deal of the day:

One Caffè macchiato and a freshly baked blueberry muffin(the non-living muffin variety, we assure you) for only $1 (refills only 50 cents!)

Please see display cases for prices of other sweet & savory snacks...

Report Post Tip

Admiring his sign for a moment, he turned and walked back into the shop before flipping the open/closed sign to "open". Turning to two of his hired help, a young pretty girl and boy in their early twenties, he handed them a stack of flyers each.

I'm going to need you to stand outside and hand these out to passerby's, dolls. They have opening week coupon's for 25 cents off their first purchase on them. I'm even going to allow that coupon on the "deal of the day". Take a cup of coffee or something out with you, if you'd like.

His female employee mumbled something about having to stand outside in the middle of winter but still did as her boss told her and stood outside cheerily handing out the flyers. Jack moved behind the counter where he'd be posted until he could hire more help or call in one of his cheery assistants from flyer duty.

Report Post Tip

The movie had ended,but he just didn't want to go home yet, his pleasure was always people and their interactions.  Watching people mill around he walked over.   

"Can i grab the macchiato and muffin deal please."

Looking for a corner to watch the world, he queried if Jack had todays paper at all too as he listened to the rucus outside

Report Post Tip

Jack started the espresso machine up and put a fresh out of the oven muffin on a plate. Foaming some milk and pouring it on top of the espresso, Jack slides it across the counter. Holding up a finger to indicate "one second", Jack Harkness kneels and pulls out a newspaper behind the counter.

That will be $1 and since you're our first customer, I'll throw in this copy of The Detroit Times for free. Unless you prefer the New York Times. I've got that today as well.

Report Post Tip

The aroma of coffee filled his nostrils as he breathed it like it was his own personal air, listening to the sounds of the machine was like an adrenaline as he knew he needed this coffee.  It would be his first of the day so most definitely the best one.

Digging round his pocket he pulled out his money and looked at it in his hands before handing it over to jack

Placing his coffee and muffin on a nearby table, he sat back as he gratefully accepted the paper.

"I will see what i am missing in Detroit today first, maybe when i grab my refill i will grab the New York Times"

Looks outside, seems a nice spot to pull the customers in

Report Post Tip

Bodie had heard about the new coffee shop that had opened in Detroit, and could not resist. Bodie was what you would describe as a hopeless caffeine addict, and loved nothing more than a nice strong cup of coffee. Well he loved lots of cups of strong coffee.

Morning Jack, I'm very impressed with the new shop, and who could resist a pretty girl handing out flyers? Do you have anything strong? And I'm not talking about some dark roast coffee...I need something that will make me see double.

I guess while I'm here I might as well have a muffin as well.

Report Post Tip

Samuru was taking the long route home from work as it had been a stressful day and he found long walks would help him unwind, as he was walking along minding his own business he suddenly found himself unable to go any further. Looking up from the floor he noticed a pretty young lady waving a flyer around almost inches from his face.

"Best coffee in the city" she said, giving Samuru a smile. "Only one dollar you can get a muffin too" she shouted as Samuru tried to keep walking by.

Stopping for a second Samuru was undecided whether to keep walking or go and see what the young lady was speaking about, after a moment of thought Samuru decided to go inside and see what the fuss was with the coffee, Walking up to the counter he pulled out a dollar from his wallet and placed it down in front of the gentleman.

"The young lady out front said something about a coffee and a muffin for a dollar, i'll take that please"

Report Post Tip

Jack had taken a little longer than usual to make Bodie and Samuru's cups of coffee. Bringing out some freshly baked muffins, he placed one on a plate for Bodie and one for Samuru. Giving each of them their muffins and machiatto's, he decided he'd throw in a free newspaper for each of them for the wait.

Hey guys, sorry about the wait. We were just waiting on a fresh batch of blueberry muffins. Looks like someone decided to do a little snacking on his break Glances back at the baker in the back  I swear if he wasn't so good at baking shit he'd be out of a job.

For the inconvenience, your first purchase will be only 50 cents each, plus a free paper. Hell, I'll even throw in a free refill

With that he starts working on two more. One for Candy in anticipation of a refill and the other for himself. He needed the extra caffeine to make it through the day and perhaps to sober up a bit since he added a little something extra to his last cup. 

Exactly why I put a young pretty girl out there. Nothing drives up sales more than a pretty and flirty girl suggesting you visit my shop. 

Report Post Tip

Jack walks out front and wipes off the blackboard. Figuring that it's time for a new special since they'd been open for a little bit. They'd had a few visitors and he'd decided that the menu needed expanding. 

Come on in and enjoy the  taste of the best(and probably only) espresso in Detroit. Our machine was imported from Italy and we guarantee you'll enjoy your drink or we'll gladly exchange it for an ordinary cup of coffee or tea.

Deals of the day:

.50 Coffee or espresso and a cheese danish

$1 *NEW* lunch special. Sandwich, soup or salad and drink

NEW EXPANDED LUNCH AND DRINK MENU

Now offering a full range of fountain drinks or try one of our delicious Italian sodas. What better to go with our Italian soda than a nice fresh sandwich? We now offer sandwiches made with fresh baked bread, salads(potato, macaroni, tossed, Caesar) and soup(Tomato, Clam Chowder, Minestrone). 

Report Post Tip

walking down the street, his feet felt a little tired and his mouth a lil dry.  Knowing was too early to hit the speakeasy's or a whore house he looked around as he ventured towards Captain Jack's once more.

Looking over the sign he smiled as he rubbed his chin, looking at whats new.

Deals of the day:

.50 Coffee or espresso and a cheese danish

$1 *NEW* lunch special. Sandwich, soup or salad and drink

NEW EXPANDED LUNCH AND DRINK MENU

Now offering a full range of fountain drinks or try one of our delicious Italian sodas. What better to go with our Italian soda than a nice fresh sandwich? We now offer sandwiches made with fresh baked bread, salads(potato, macaroni, tossed, Caesar) and soup(Tomato, Clam Chowder, Minestrone). 

Looking more interested after enjoying his past interactions with jack and the quality of his products, he smiled as he entered.

"Hows business my friend, what sandwiches you have today please?"

Report Post Tip

Wombat emerges from his burrow having smelt the sweet aroma of coffee....mmmm he thought, I could go for a nice cup. Wombats are sluggish after all and a little caffeine never hurts. Wombat sauntered into the coffee place and grabbed a menu

a;lkajtea tha twerny:

.50 fthinand sah yto asd

$1 *H3T* lkjsfn  tehtea alkdskf 

Oh no thought Wombat...I am illiterate. No Matter.

Hello friendly coffee store person, I would like a coffee please. Do you also sell grass and/or roots? I would also like something to snack on.

Report Post Tip

Jack wandered over to Candy and Wombat with a smile on his face. Looking back at his selection of sandwich toppings to make sure he gives Candy an accurate listing of available sandwiches. 

Business is booming, ma'am! I couldn't be happier with this place. How's your day going? 

As far as sandwiches go, we have a variety of cold-cuts like chicken, turkey, pastrami, etc. that we can make for you any way you'd like with some good cheese to put on top of that too. We have a smaller selection of hot sandwiches but if you're into tomato soup, pairing a grilled cheese with some tomato soup is delicious.

Even better is adding bacon and tomato to the grilled cheese with your tomato soup. That's what I had for lunch today. It's amazing how much better bacon makes a grilled cheese. 

Turning back to Wombat, Jack brings him a coffee and prepares a shot of espresso in case the wombat an extra dash of caffeine in his beverage.

Sure sure, we've got gourmet grass. Welllll...really, it's shredded lettuce...I can throw in some mushrooms as well, if you'd like. Or perhaps some veggies? I've heard wombats like those sort of things but there are rare occasions when I'm wrong.

Report Post Tip

Karma was walking away, somewhat dazed, from the party she had been at dressed in a rather uncomfortable dress her friend had made her wear. She hated small talk and large groups of smiling people and willingly took in the fresh air, filling her lungs. It was refreshing in comparison to the stuffy atmosphere of those social gatherings. As she walked ,the sign of a coffee shop caught her attention. She saw a couple people inside and wasn't sure how she felt about joining the company of others again so soon, but the idea of a hot tea in her hands appealed her to enter.

Walking in to the business she stood somewhat awkwardly by the counter, reading the menu for a list of tea's. Her eyes taking a couple moments to take in her surroundings. It was a nice setup for the most part and had a comfortable atmosphere. She looked at the man serving wondering if he was the owner of this establishment and waited.

Report Post Tip
A young female in her late teen come in a double breast skirt suit. She held onto a black clutch bag as she looked up at the menu. She smile as she know whst she wanted.-may I order a black coffee with a fresh muffin. I dont care whwt kind as long it fresh.-took a smile to her thin lipsas she waited. -
Report Post Tip

Jack had been cleaning off the counters when he noticed to two lovely looking ladies walk into his establishment. He hadn't been as quick to respond to them as he should have been but he hoped they'd forgive him. Grabbing a cup of coffee, he brings it with sugar and cream along with a muffin to killerkay. 

Here you go, ma'am. Fresh blueberry muffin. I think it's the best muffin we have.

Turning towards Karma, he smiles as he's fairly certain she's the first one to look over the tea menu. He had a fondness for tea that not many of his current friends appreciated. 

We have a plethora of teas available. All made fresh, of course. None of that tea bag silliness. 

Report Post Tip

Pushing the front doors open Harry enters the Captain Jack's Coffee and takes a look around first before approaching the front counter. The inside of the place was nicely decorated, reminded him of back home in Sicily and the style of shops and cafe's they had there when he was youngster growing up.

Harry stops taking in the interior design and makes his way over to the counter. He joins the queue of customers while looking at the deal of the day board. He pulls a few dollars from his pockets & waits his turn in line.

Report Post Tip

The dawn light embraced the sky like a lover as the rain started to shower down like a thousand little kisses of a lover on her face.   The gentle wind ran it's cold frosty fingers through her hair, as she smiled as if it was a friend.

Ducking for cover she noticed the light on already in the coffee shop, probably for the morning business crowd and commuters.  Walking up to the counter, she smiled, happy to be in the warm and dry for now.

"Can i get a mocha and two biscotti please"

Siiting in a chair near the counter, she grabbed a few serviettes to wipe her wet face and neck

Report Post Tip

oventoaster need a high dosage of caffeine and she happened to be in a street where there is a nice coffee shop. she got inside and scanned the menu.

"I'll have one caffe macchiato please"then handed the bill.

oventoaster sipped the cup of coffee next to the window and watched the strangers pass by. 

Report Post Tip

The alarm goes off and slowly Blake begins to sit up, he really hated that alarm but it did the trick. Blake was having a hard time waking up and figured some cold water would do the trick. Blake slowly made his way to bath room and began washing up, that's when he realized that what he really needed was some coffee. Blake had been drinking coffee since he was a kid and knew that would do that trick. After getting ready he made his was out the door and quickly found out from the people around him that the best place for coffee in Detroit was "Captain Jack's".

It didn't take long for them to get there. As it happened to only be a few blocks away from Blake's hotel. Walking inside Blake could smell the freshness of coffee and knew they had come to the right place. Before walking over to the counter Blake looked over the menu and decided he would try one of those new macchiato.

Reaching the counter the lady greats him with a smile. Blake looks over the menu once more before speaking "I'll take one Caffè macchiato and ah let me get one of those blueberry muffins too. Thanks" Moments later the lady come back with his macchiato and muffin. Blake pays the lady and grabs a seat next to the window taking in the beautiful view.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Captain Jack's Coffee and More ;)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL