Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 15:49:52
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Is this it? Started by: Abbo on Jan 09, '09 19:29
Report Post Tip
Has it really come to this? As a little social experiment I decided to mail every CL and / or RHM currently online and see how easy it is to get into their family? Not very evidently.

I sent out a mail of exactly 20 words (Including my name) and shock shock horror was welcomed into every family...

Jan 09, '09 19:16 Hayley has invited you to join his crew. (Accept) (Decline) Jan 09, '09 19:15 Phantom-Ghost has invited you to join his crew. (Accept) (Decline) Jan 09, '09 19:12 Hypno has invited you to join his crew. (Accept) (Decline)

Hayley (Don), Phantom-Ghost (Consigliere) and Hypno the RH to another don all sent me 2 line replies with essentially welcome aboard.

Hypno even felt the need to send me a link to my personals.

Is this how low the standard has sunk here? People who can't even find the profile page as members? Whatever happened to natural selection? You know the people who are capable of basic cognitive thought surviving and the idiots falling by the wayside?

Clearly these "Families" and I use the term loosely feel the need for extra bodies and income capable of little to no conversation and overall use. Bra fucking vo guyz. If I was going to become a member of any of these showers of shit I would think long and hard. You don't know who you could end up being in a HQ with...

Honourable mention must go to Muqtada who made me write 5 more lines before inviting me to dine at his table. Fair fucks to the guy. Acutes RHM couldn't even be bothered to reply. Unlucky guyz you missed out on another family kill!

Someone shoot me to put me out of my misery or point me towards a family where they are at least a little selective.

Ta.

Focus: Is member whoring lame or acceptable?

How high / bored must I have been to do a social experiment on here?

Is it worth returning after this char passes away?

Cake or death?
Report Post Tip
Abbo, a lot of people are new and won't appreciate being shunned because they didn't "try hard enough". It is still a game, after all. Not real life.
Report Post Tip
Jesus I didn't realize I wasn't a gangster in the 1930's.

This isn't real life? Christ on a bike.

What the fuck is going off in your head son?
Report Post Tip
tbh i choose cake.
Report Post Tip
Cake ftw.

Valuable input. Ta.

Better than the tit head above I guess.
Report Post Tip
Why are you being so aggressive, Abbo? Does this really mean that much to you?
Report Post Tip
Oh, and your rhetoric didn't address my point.
Report Post Tip
I didn't realize you had a point...
Report Post Tip
If you don't want to discuss then why bring this to attention?
Report Post Tip
Can someone get this kid a toy or something? He is totally fucking ruining the magic in here.

What do you disagree with in your infinite wisdom Marietto?
Report Post Tip
You thinking it terrible that you got an invite without excessive amounts of effort. Like I said, people who are new don't know, and so shouldn't be shunned because of that.
Report Post Tip
Why shouldn't they be shunned?

Surely this is a text based mafia role playing game? Why play if you don't want to make a effort playing the role of a mobster using text?

I cant think of any mobsters who got invited to join a family using one (Poorly constructed at best) sentence?
Report Post Tip
As far as I'm aware, no mobsters were invited to join a family no matter what they said, or how well they said it. They either knew someone inside, who invited them in as an associate, or showed themselves to be loyal and hard working earners, and, again were invited in as associates. After being invited in as an associate, if they proved themselves worthy they would get made.

So, if you want to be really realistic, so called member-whoring would be more prominent. You get people to be your associates and when they show themselves worthy they get promoted to Made Man (and above): I believe FrankieFigs does this basic process (albeit without so-called member whoring). As you can't show yourself to be a hard worker without first joining as an associate, that part must be skipped. You work as a petty associate; and as far as I'm aware, this doesn't really require brains. Just someone who can earn money. They're low level thugs. Not "officially" apart of the family. They could be terrible speakers but who cares? They're not "family". They're worker bees.

If you're let in with "can I join your crew?" Then so be it. It doesn't matter. They're only Gangsters. Goombas. Low level criminals for low level crimes. But if the same level of effort allows one to get made, then there are problems.
Report Post Tip
In response to your questions I would like to share a letter that was sent to all of the leaders of families and crews on this site at the time. It is from our esteemed Squishmeister Squishy.

Sent: Jan 08, '09 04:02

Subject: A personal favor...

***Mass Mail to all Crew Leaders***

We are trying a new advertising agency to handle our advertising for MR. I will be running it on a 48 hour test at a relatively slow pace so that we can test the waters and see if its financially viable. Anywho... during the next 48 hours we will be getting some new users - soooo - any help you can provide in getting the new users acquainted with the site would much much appreciated. :) I imagine most new users for the next 2 days will be actual new users, not recently dead vets who are playing n00b to keep their incog :)

Thanks.

I hope this helps explain why the leader you mentioned were so eager to welcome you to their families and crews.

With Respects and please do have a nice day,

Angel
Report Post Tip
Erm, I mean leaders....
Report Post Tip
Aye, because I've totally been filling up with members just to shoot them.. Oh wait :S
Report Post Tip
Ehrm, I don't take kindly to folks breaking Omerta in my family. I apologize for this thread. It was the absolute wrong way to go about making the point he made.
Report Post Tip
Thank you angel for sharing that. It really does explain it all. I'm sure that most of us aren't so lenient when giving invites, but with so many new ones, we are trying to help.

Not to mention there is only so much you can ask a new gangster who has never been here about themselves. So much for giving people a chance right?
Report Post Tip
Another tard looking to try and stir the pot. I say that loosely. Well abbo looks like angel gave you your answer.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Is this it?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL