Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 15:21:20
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Another Issue of respect By PostMan Started by: PostMan on Jan 24, '09 17:54
As the day looms into darkness PostMan again stands on his favorite corner box.

First I would like to say to the masses this is not a complaint just a question for all concerned.

The other day I was talking to someone in our world that has been here for awhile, he has aged well and is high on the ladder of success around here and has lived a long time.

He though is not a CL but fills a high slot in our world, The question we were discussing was again was one of respect.

Thought: If a person who has lived here for awhile even though not a Bold suited member, do they have the right to command at least a little respect or not?

MY Thought on it was this: I had to say "YES" (as he slapped me with a trout) Some of these people have lived through wars and traveled from family to family working hard for all of them.

Though they are not "Bold" this does not mean they know nothing by any means, heck if anything they know more than some CL (possiable) they just declined or never had the oppertunity for the suit fitting.

All in all I think a little more respect could be given to those whom have been here for awhile. Just like our own CL.

PostMan steps down from the box and waits around for a few replies.
Report Post Tip
You are asking if high ranked mobsters other than crew leaders deserve respect?

Of course they do. Why wouldn't they?
Report Post Tip
Yes this is what I am asking

but I have found sometimes a few of us snub those that are not Bold suited and think they know nothing.
Report Post Tip
I think what Postman is asking is not just rank, but age. Sort of a "respect your elders" kind of thing. If that is not what PostMan meant, then I apologize. Where does the line between rank, age, and power get drawn in terms of respect?
Report Post Tip
I must tell you,

I get no respect from those damn kids who walk all over my lawn..

*Fu shakes his rifle, GIT OFF MY LAWN YOU DIRTY DAMN PUNKS!

They just think they can drive on to my lawn, ruin it by pouring water all over it and then they drink all my lawn water by sucking on my hose.

I CANT TAKE IT ANY MORE!

honestly, I've reached this age by being missed at (and NEVER FORGETTING TO SEND A THANK YOU NOTE!), the LEAST they could do is respect me and not pee on my lawn!

HUMPH!
Report Post Tip
I think that respect is mostly given to the CLs because they are the ones elected to power at that set point in time and are chosen to be leading. Others maybe more capable of leading and typically fill the hierarchy of families. They're the ones behind the scenes making things work while the CL's are doing more important things or just other duties. Unfortunately ones past may hold back the respect factor just because of their ancestors mistakes. There are variables but if someone is older or younger they all deserve respect to a degree.
Report Post Tip
Fu-ManjuRourke

I have the same issues with the kids on my lawn to sir

I think it is a plan to drive us both "NUTS"
Report Post Tip
Well my out look on this is why does it matter their rank, age or power? Should we not all respect people that give us respect? I understand someone having a bad day and getting on your case, but I try to respect everyone I talk to. If it may seem otherwise I am sorry but I only disrespect someone who is disrespecting me. Everyone else gives me equal respect. Reason being one day the guy you disrespected could be your boss.
Report Post Tip
Allow me to play Devil's Advocate, as I much enjoy doing.

Inferno, I appreciate your opinion, but let me point out the catch-22 factor.

I disrepect you. I could be because I'm an asshole. Could be because i dislike your name. Or it could be because you said something either to myself or a colleague of mine. But you may not realize what you said was interpreted as disrespectful. Therefore, after I disrespect you, say by calling you some vulgar name, you retaliate by doing something to me. Kind of an endless circle, all due to misunderstanding.

The way I see it, everyone is at neutral until they prove otherwise. I'll show respect to those who deserve it, but to have my respect is different, in my opinion.
Report Post Tip
Anyone "Made Man" or above has my automatic respect, anyone below has to earn it, I don't care how long they have been here for, besides, if they have been hear for several months and only managed to get as far as Goomba just shows laziness and someone I don't really have time for.
Report Post Tip
Everyone is right in what they say. How I see it is that everyone no matter what age or rank should respect each other. Always be use manners, politeness & have respect!

Respect makes the world go round in a different light, it makes it an easier life for all.

The only time you do not use manners, politeness & have respect is if you have been disrespected by way of some profoundly known matter that would be seen as disrespectful by anyone. Personal Preferences are not reasons to disrespect.
Report Post Tip
Angelo,

This idea of yours that we all have to be polite and nice to each other...I find distastefull and frankly it makes me PUKE.

It makes be want to feel that i'm being disrespected, and lemme tell you, I DONT LIKE IT!
Report Post Tip
and post man man, don't you start pretending to be an old fart like me, just to fit in and look cool.

it takes too many years of hard work and dedication to become a grumpy old fart like me...

so as far as I'm concerned, yer one of those damn kids....

so GIT THE HELL OFF MY YARD!
Report Post Tip
Yes i agree with you Angelo,Cause one day if you dis-respect someone that is a lower rank such as lower than made man as Frankie_Gogolak has said they could one day be a Don and they come across the snot that was dis-respecting them cause they're rank was lower than theirs then you might just find yourself sleeping with the fishes.and Frankie your earner so how are we supposed to respect you?

Walks out to his mercedes where a cold beer is waiting for him?
Report Post Tip
all of you damn punks...

git the hell off my yard and show me some respect!
Report Post Tip
I don't believe we should disrespect those of lower rank. In fact if anything we need to set an example. If they think it's okay to talk shit and shoot bullets at one another "all in fun" then we're setting a bad example.

Now, again I bring up the point that people love to ignore. The difference between showing respect and having respect. I show respect to anyone who deserves it. Young or old. Low or high rank. Low rank need a guide into this world. I won't hold their hand, but I'll lead by example. Old and wise deserve it just as much. It's a different kind of showcase, but it's respect nonetheless.

But as I've said so many times, the connotation of the word "respect" is far too vague.
Report Post Tip
Hey Dent,

I dont give two half pennies what you feel or whatever you do down there where you pretend to have a heart.

just remember, when you are on MY LAWN, you dont step on the roses, you dont PEE in the bushes..and you DONT SPILL YOUR ROTGUT on my dog!
Report Post Tip
"Old" is a two way sword for me for I am that and street wize in the ways of our world.
Report Post Tip
Well I understand the earning respect. I understand the matter of me saying or doing something that could set someone off. I have being killed for misunderstandings so I try finding out what the hell I did to piss someone off enough for them to disrespect me. If its a really stupid and moron thing then Ill have fun and tell them off. Most of the time if someone does I find out why and if its a reasonable reason I make no big of it. Im one to ask first and do something about it. Not a shoot first and ask questions later
Report Post Tip
But Fu, when I shit on your lawn, I'm trying to help you fertilize. I thought you knew. But if that's how you feel, I'll take my gardening services elsewhere.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Another Issue of respect By PostMan
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL