X

May 17 - 09:24:26
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
V-Day! Got ideas? Started by: Squishy on Feb 06, '09 15:22
I like the idea of no cities.
Report Post Tip
Me too, but it should definitely be done on the 14th
Report Post Tip
Have it where randomly you get a personal saying "So and So Sent you a Valentines Day Gift" or somethin like that. It would be nice if Nikki Or Marietta thought I was special enough for a little candy heart that said "Sorry, I'm Taken"
Report Post Tip
I think Nikki has something there. No cities, or maybe at the very least no locals. And the rounds suggestion was very intriguing as well. That way everyone gets to play! Takes her hat and shirt off to Nikki.

A few other suggestions:

- LOTS OF PINK

- Random crimes: Say we want to add the other existing features into the mix, not just wacking. Maybe 50% of the time doing a petty crime gives you a small stat boost? Maybe the other 50% of the time doing a petty crime will have you killed?

- PINK OMG

- Randomly get thrown in jail, irritating but oh so fun! The jail sentences can be reduced to a minute, since 10 would just be entirely cruel.

- PINK IS MY POWER COLOR I NEED IT

- ...That's really all I have.
Report Post Tip
I'd love it to be the 13th or 15th, but I don't see that happening. So, if you're like me and you have plans for Valentine's that involve a significant other, take consolation in the fact that, while everyone is dying on the site, having fun, you're getting laid.

Now, suggestions.

Three minutes in between shots.

Getting shot at gives you three minutes protection, unless you take a shot, then it's gone.

Five minutes flight time.

Neutralize bodyguards.

Let me think some more, I might have something better.
Report Post Tip
Nah for real though..I'd like to see a five minute protection , 1 minute between shots, cancels protection if you shoot.

Everyone with a random amount of wacking skill, different from normal. Would be interesting I guess.

Petty crimes worth a signifigant amount more money...might risk getting killed.

BUBBA MASSACRE IN JAIL!!!
Report Post Tip
by a roll of 1 by the wack math then they are dead after Vday too. Last man standing should receive a major boost to all skills in addition to some bodyguards.

STOP TRYING TO RUIN SPROZZA!
Report Post Tip
I admire your technique of making the same jokes other people make, just after they make them, but enhancing them tenfold by typing them really big.

Also I wish Sprozza ill as well.
Report Post Tip
I haven't been able to participate because it tends to start after I have gone to bed or taken the missus out or something else..

I like any idea that incorporates various time zones.
Report Post Tip
I like the idea of No cities as well.

I also like the rounds idea, that way everyone has a chance to participate. So those of us who have to work on this holiday have a chance to get in on the action. :D
Report Post Tip
I say we all just take turns shooting Aurora. IT WILL MAXIMIZE FUN!
Report Post Tip
I think we should pay special attention to Lobotomy's ideas. After all, he is going to be here from start to finish on the 14th of February, unlike other players who may have a few other commitments!
Report Post Tip
I would deny it...but it's true :'(
Report Post Tip
The idea of rounds sounds nice, we could have it tournament style. I also like the unlimited wacking idea :)
Report Post Tip
What if you only allowed wacking of people in the same rank as you (Everyone gets a gun: Thug on Thug, Boss on Boss, etc.)

Winner of each rank have an ultimate shoot out in the last round... that way people with less money, protection, etc. will actually stand a chance against the hardcore mafiosos :]
Report Post Tip
Everyone gets three inter-city wacks, but only three.

Surviving six consecutive tradtional-wack attempts gives you one more ICWM (Inter-City Wack Missile).

Everyone's ICWM set has a random chance of making the kill, and the chances can't be changed except by getting six tradtional-wacks in a row.

Wackback is impossible with it.

The in-game era-correct explanation could be... Hit-squads from the Soviet OGPU, the Nazi SA/SS, or possibly the anachronistic American OSS or British SOE.

This is complicated, but it would only stand alongside traditional wackings.

For the lul-oh, wait. But yeah!
Report Post Tip
You all bitching about not being able to be here on V-Day. Pfft. Dump your women! Hang out here and kill shit!
Report Post Tip
I like Nikki's idea about shifts so everyone can join in the fun. Maybe just restart the massacre on the next hour/half hour every time there's a "last man standing" since we don't know exactly how long a round is going to last.

Keep the same ratio of times for shots and pro-times, I say. A 30-second wack timer, 2 minute pro time for misses sounds reasonable to me. I don't like the idea of no timer on BG shots. You could easily rack up 50 BG kills between your first and second shots that way. Think about how many people get "you're going too fast" on wacking IAs. Think about every one of those as a BG kill benefiting your wack stats. No way, it would throw everything off. Put them on the same timer as normal shots, with 1-minute protection, same ratio as they have now. They'll die fast enough that way regardless.

I wouldn't mind seeing pickpockets taken off a timer or having the max PP steal upped to 50k or so just for the hell of it. Maybe an award for top pickpocketer just so the less violent don't get screwed out of all the fun? If there's an award, might need to leave the timer on it.

I'd like to see an open-obits section implemented if possible for those that get shot in the first volley, so they can enjoy the carnage as much as the others if only vicariously.

Keep the awards for the winners reasonable. Not huge. Maybe even only symbolic, like a tag in their profile saying "Butcher of V-Day" or something. The fun of it all should be sufficient drive.

And pink. <3 Change the colors to shades varying from pink to red. <3
Report Post Tip
Heres a suggestion for people who die.

Instead of dieing they become observers so no need to create a new account.

Observers do not appear on locals or 60 seconds list

Observers cannot see locals (as not to help anyone else)

Observers cannot transfer money

People who die stay red on the 60 seconds list for 1 minute only.

Oh and of course they can't shoot, PP or JB.

I don't know if this is even possible to code in such a short time but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Also, anyone who get's duped on V-day gets duped after restore.

Something else that would be nice, would be to start it at a more UK friendly time & announce the start time a day or two in advance.
Report Post Tip
I've always been keen on the idea of "Remembrance Day" -- even though they were criminals, they were still human, they had families, they were somebodies children, husbands, fathers...

So in order to pay our respects to the fallen, perhaps turning off "Whack" for the day so that we can have a blood free V-Day
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: V-Day! Got ideas?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL