Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 10:50:34
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Mademan, a position of trust. Started by: Squishy on May 12, '14 19:36

When someone gets that promo to mademan, that is the crewleader giving the nod meaning "I trust this person, I have vetted this person, I know this person,  this person represents me."

So be that as it may, code will go active shortly that makes it so you can no longer remove the gun of a mademan+ user.  Only those who are wiseguy or below can have their gun taken away by upper structure.

Report Post Tip

so why not have the person MM+ able to allow the CL to remove their gun, trust is a 2 way street

Report Post Tip

also MM+ should auto obtain the ability to sponsor as well

Report Post Tip

I disagree with the sponsorship thing. No one should have it forced on them.

Report Post Tip

then like the gun it should have a toggle use or dont use

Report Post Tip

I like the change you made Squishy. :)

Report Post Tip

I like it. This will actually make future crew leaders think about their decisions and not just click promote. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I like this change - give more importance to the rank. 

Report Post Tip

Interesting stuff indeed. Mixed opinions about this one.

Report Post Tip

Oh sweet. Now my CL can't take my gun for slacking on getting my shot report in once I hit MM! :D 

Not sure how I feel about this though. Some people can act like they're the most trustworthy people in the world then stab you in the back. Regardless of your skills. When I was a CL it was a nice quick way to disable someone quickly before they leave the family until someone could fly and shoot them.  I suppose now CL's could just try to demote first then take the gun after they're demoted to Wise Guy-, eh? Assuming the person hadn't left the crew by then, of course. 

Meh. Not that it matters  to me personally. Even if TPTB would let me someday, I'll never be a CL again. 

Report Post Tip
Every excuse for an action in this game is based off trust. The more we make MM+ mean something (whether it's coded or not) the better.

Love the addition.
Report Post Tip

You can still demote somebody to WG then take their gun though yaknow...

Report Post Tip

It should be impossible to demote someone from Made Man.

Once you have your button its not something which should be able to be taken away. You make your bones & get inducted into the mafia the only way out is death.

Can we please have this coded in? Otherwise the current addition is pointless...

Report Post Tip

Top change. Agree with Giggs though.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Giggs.

The change he suggested would make Made Man have meaning a lot more than this one change would do. Adding both of these things might actually make Made something to accomplish and worth having.

Nice Idea Giggs.

Report Post Tip

Actually, no. I dislike this change. 

Yes, Made Man is a position of extreme trust etc. Yes, quite a few leaders don't give it the appropriate amount of weight but just the fact that I trust someone doesn't mean they will never go crazy.

Let's look at it from RP POV shall we?

I am a CL. There is this member I like and trust. I give him his button. One day, he walks into the HQ...drunk as fuck and determined to shoot someone....I still trust aforementioned member but I would take his gun from him and tell him to go lie down.

Makes sense? I'd like to think so.

I realize that no matter what I say, this change is here to stay but I figured I'd make a point.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
Good change
Report Post Tip

i agree kittyhawk it shouldnt be a permanent gun there should be options

Report Post Tip

Guys, the point is, once the person is made, they don't have the option to 'go crazy'. They have the option of 'go crazy and get shot'. With elevated trust comes elevated consequences for fucking up.

That said, this has been implemented.

Report Post Tip

Oh so this change was created for more pew pew and less hand holding?

I withdraw all my objections. 

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Mademan, a position of trust.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL