Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 08:34:35
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
GAME CHANGE: Name tagging in forums using @ Started by: enkindle on Jul 07, '14 23:33

Ignore me, I misread.

Report Post Tip

Oh, hum. I follow what you are saying, but trying to do that with titles would be a pain in the ass, "@username" is a load easier to find in a post than "@followed by some random sentence... including punctuation." Also, I really don't see that getting used very much.

Report Post Tip

Small update: If you @mention someone who is dead but their profile is still viewable and they have a new living character, that character will get the personal message. It will not in any way tell the poster who the new character is though.

Report Post Tip
Would it be possible to do this for Business District threads? Or Street threads? Like say I wanted to mention my Shadowy Steak (http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/418299#71846333) in a street thread, something like

"Ras left the Streets to go have a steak @Shadowy Steak House."

I think it could potentially kick a lot of new life into the BD.
Report Post Tip

RasAlGhul

Oh, hum. I follow what you are saying, but trying to do that with titles would be a pain in the ass, "@username" is a load easier to find in a post than "@followed by some random sentence... including punctuation." Also, I really don't see that getting used very much.

Reply by: enkindle at Jul 08, '14 13:11

If you are wanting to link a thread it would be just as easy to link it. If I remember correctly threads you make are auto added to your watch list, so you'll get a blinky eye if somebody replies in your thread :p 

Report Post Tip
Unfortunately, I know not how to hyperlink something, and it's a mess to post a whole URL in the Streets.
Report Post Tip
And I don't get what someone posting in my thread has to do with this? I was saying this merely from a "promote my businesses" standpoint :S
Report Post Tip

It doesn't directly, just saying that you'll still get a personal of sorts for your thread...

as for hyperlinking ... if you use WYSIWYG you'd highlight "Shadowy Steak House" and click the button that looks like a chain link.. insert the url and BAM! linked :D

the code for it I believe is <a href="url">Shadowy Steak House</a> .

Report Post Tip
Shadowy Steak House

Testing
Report Post Tip
Oh. Well that's easy enough. Thanks Sydney.
Report Post Tip
Enkindle @Squishy

Will this work in profiles?
Report Post Tip
Uhhh, why?
Report Post Tip

What happens if it is overused? Like for instance people do it on purpose to annoy you. Is there a way to somehow have it so that they can't? Maybe if you block the user through mail they can't tag you? Anything like that?

At first I thought this was a great idea but being tagged in every reply is a bit annoying.

Report Post Tip

Anarchy, http://mafiareturns.com/war/wack.php

Report Post Tip

Lol enkindle. Then their next of kin would be just as annoying.

I was just curious if there was a way to disable it but I guess not.

Report Post Tip

Anarchy, If it reaches levels you think I would consider abusive, just mobmail me about it and I'll deal with them.

Report Post Tip

Will do. Thank you.

Report Post Tip

Anarchy, it's just one personal, is it really worth sweating it? This is a great feature, it allows people to make replies specific and to allow debates to continue without anybody missing out on anything.

I honestly can't imagine why ANYBODY would use this feature for any other reason than notifying somebody that their post has been replied too. 

Report Post Tip

Well, that's very true enkindle, but I've never personally noticed anybody using it to be an annoying dick. It is fantastic from pretty much every other standpoint though.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Name tagging in forums using @
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL