Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 01:30:04
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Name tagging in forums using @ Started by: enkindle on Jul 07, '14 23:33

We have added a new simple feature to forum posts that to some may feel just a bit social network-ish (chirp chirp) but it was something that was suggested that we felt could be really useful. You may now cause a personal to be sent to other players when you mention them in a forum post by putting an @ in front of their name, for example:

@Vaelin_Al_Sorna made a good, small suggestion so we added to the game.

A few quick notes:

• The person\people you mention will receive a personal with a direct link to the new post.
  • The name in the post will be turned into a link to the characters profile.
  • The character name must be spelled correctly but capitalization does not matter.
  • This also works in the subject of a new thread but it will not create a link out of the name.
  • You may mention more than one person in a post\subject.
  • This will not work in Back Alley threads for security reasons.
  • When used in your crews HQ, only members of your crew will be notified and it will not work on Corrupt Agents.

I hope this is a feature people will enjoy.

Report Post Tip

I actually really like this. Even if it is a bit social netork-ish.

Report Post Tip

That was our thoughts as well. At least its not music videos in profiles. (No, it will never happen so don't ask.)

Report Post Tip

I just really hope people don't use it as a lazy way of getting their friends to come look at certain threads that they think they might like...

Like silly posts with literally just @enkindle in them. If that makes sense.

Report Post Tip

@Jono, they will. I'm sure of it. Just shoot them.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

@Ironsight.... Look... We have an admins permission! Nods

Report Post Tip

Fuck, spelt his name wrong. 

Report Post Tip

@Jono, try again, sheesh.

Report Post Tip

@lronSight.... Look.... We have an admins permission! Nods

Report Post Tip

It should now remove the @ from the links created, testing for Sydney

Report Post Tip

I love this update, I really think it's great... But, is there maybe a way it could look the same, but still tag the player? Like on facebook, you write mako but it just says Mako

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Enkindle, thank you! Love love love it!

Report Post Tip

You sneak.

Report Post Tip

Love the idea

Report Post Tip

Just wanting to check and see if it will also still work with commas at the end of their name say like "Hello Cantillon, Mako, Jeddy, Whatsername and Desmand"

Report Post Tip

You mean I can say "jeddy" and he'll get spammed?! Love it!

Report Post Tip

Jul 08, 03:14:38 You were mentioned in a post by ♥Jeddy in the thread "Name tagging in forums using @" in the News & Announcements forum. Click here to view the post.

I love you Jeddy bear

Report Post Tip

Maybe you should implement thread titles to go along with this, the owner of the thread can be alerted. Don't know why that would be useful exactly,  too much thinking for one who just woke up, just thought if you have one, might as well have the other.

Report Post Tip

TepidDelucci, I'm unsure what you mean... you can do @ mentions in the subject of a new thread...

Report Post Tip

Thread title - Name tagging in forums using @

My post - @Name tagging in forums using @ is a thread

Thread owner - enkindle

Message - Your thread was mentioned in a post by TepidDelucci "Name tagging in forums using @" in the News & Announcements forum. Click here to view the post.

I don't always explain well, so I put it as simple as I could.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Name tagging in forums using @
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL