Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 18:27:49
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
COMING SOON: Test of loyalty. Member as BGs. Started by: Squishy on Sep 22, '14 20:38

We will be adding in a 4th option for Loyalty towards your upper structure.  The new 4th option is "Will Take A Bullet" option. What this option does is that if certain criteria is met, there is a chance that you and your BGs will take the hit.   Any wraparound damage will still go to the target with whatever damage is left over from the shot that you and your BGs did not absorb. 

Requirements to trigger:

Member must have Loyalty set to "Will take a bullet"

Member must be made+

Very very recently online

Same district as the intended target

Must have been a member for 7+ days

Only BGs that have a max hp of 100+ will be used in the math.

If the attacker is not perceived as a threat, no action is taken by the loyal member or their BGs.

Tidbits:

This option will not give pro to the original target, it will give pro to the loyal member if they survive.

What you set your loyalty to is private, and no one from your family can see it.

Report Post Tip

This is really, really interesting. I wonder how it will be used and played out. 

Report Post Tip

this should over ride the CL's BG's IMO, the members should be the CL's BG's essentially

Report Post Tip
Has this been enacted now? Squishy
Report Post Tip
Yea... There's been the option for it if you ever checked
Report Post Tip

Couple questions about this policy:

1. "If the attacker is not perceived as a threat, no action is taken by the loyal member or their BGs." - So if the shot won't kill the boss, this feature won't be used? Or more clearly, this feature is only used if the shot will kill the leader?

2. "Any wraparound damage will still go to the target with whatever damage is left over from the shot that you and your BGs did not absorb." - Does this allow a shooter to get multiple kills with a single shot?

3. Can proed people "take a bullet"?

4. Does this also apply to BG wacks?

Thanks!

Report Post Tip

Let's use the feature and find out?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

1. "If the attacker is not perceived as a threat, no action is taken by the loyal member or their BGs." - So if the shot won't kill the boss, this feature won't be used? Or more clearly, this feature is only used if the shot will kill the leader?

This was coded so that you can still take pro shots. 

2. "Any wraparound damage will still go to the target with whatever damage is left over from the shot that you and your BGs did not absorb." - Does this allow a shooter to get multiple kills with a single shot?

Yes.

3. Can proed people "take a bullet"?

They wont be used because they are under pro.

4. Does this also apply to BG wacks?

Nope, just to actual wacks.

Report Post Tip

While I'm all for "let the users figure it out," I fear that a poor understanding of this feature will result in a total lack of use. I mean, if a cannon can shoot through your loyal members and still take out the leader, I see no reason for it to be used. The less the users know, the less rational it seems to utilize it. Why would I jump into the path of a bullet if it's still going to kill my boss in the end? Considering using the feature is the chief aim of the coding team, I'd be confused why they'd opt not to reveal at least enough information to make the feature seem useful.

I'd rather refrain from providing my opinion on the feature until I understand it, but I'll give a brief perspective. There are already a ton of conditions that must be met for the feature to even be put to use; why bother making it less rewarding by including wraparound damage? Even if you match up all this criteria (which is actually pretty tough to line up when you're the target of a takedown), you still may not even help your boss. Just seems oddly specific and unrewarding without certainty.

Report Post Tip

Squishy has already clarified, so I guess it is redundant now, but I think all of your questions would have been answered in the fullness of time by actual use of the feature.  

Report Post Tip

Sorry, took a while to write that and didn't see the post before. Thank you very much for the info Squishy!

Barry, with features like this the only way you really "learn" is by shooting people. That doesn't happen to often, and this feature could greatly impact the next war/takedown. I'd rather know how the feature works before it changes takedowns than after. That may be selfish or impatient, but (like I've already said) if they want the feature used, the more information they provide the better. Otherwise it will more likely go underused and completely neglected. With such extended cycles, it may mean win or loss for an entire regime if a shot doesn't connect as it should etc. Sometimes we can't afford to just sit and wait for everyone to shoot each other to see how the feature works.

Plus, considering how quickly/adequately Squishy answered my questions, I'd say that information was something Squishy wanted public (or at least better understood). I don't think the admin team likes toting around misunderstood or poorly-documented features; that method really only frustrates the people actually trying to play the game strategically and has little to no gains in the quality of gameplay.

Report Post Tip

Do you ha e to be online at the time of the shot for the take a bullet feature to work?  And can we get rid of bg's while we are at it and or use my suggestion of...

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/495776#90783311

Report Post Tip

Do you ha e to be online at the time of the shot for the take a bullet feature to work?

Online, VERY VERY recently active, in the same district and some other criteria is required to trigger it.

Report Post Tip

Very very recently online...

Didn't see that sorry.

Facepalm

Report Post Tip
I absolutely fucking love this feature.
Report Post Tip

Sound interesting :) Must be in a great feature Soonish :P

Report Post Tip

Already implemented bud :) When you're a made man, you can select the option from the manage your profile page.

Report Post Tip

can actually set it to "take a bullet" before made man

Report Post Tip

Aye, then it triggers with that requirement. Good point.

Report Post Tip

Is it possible for some further clarification for 

"If the attacker is not perceived as a threat, no action is taken by the loyal member or their BGs.".

I read it's so that Protection Wacks still go through, however is there any additional information as to what exactly is perceived as a threat, or not a threat?

Is it.. any shot that has less than 2%?
Are shots from within the same family perceived as not a threat? 

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: COMING SOON: Test of loyalty. Member as BGs.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL