Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 11:11:34
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Betty's Bakery Started by: Betty_McDonaldson on Sep 27, '14 14:49

Betty McDonaldson stands on the sidewalk of the main street. She looks to either side and then takes a step forward towards the door of the store. Placing her hand on the door, she sighs lightly and pushes it open. Immediately being engulfed in the smell of freshly baked bread, buns, cakes and pies, she takes a deep breathe and steps in side. Laughing gently she smiles at the disbelief that she actually has her own store.

Betty walks over to behind the counter and flicks a switch under the worktop. A bright neon sign lights up outside and begins drawing the attention of passing citizens. Betty walks over to the window and looks up at it: http://i.imgur.com/LlBgSrf.png

Clasping her hands together she walks to the back of the store and into the kitchen immediately noticing the large cooking ovens, stoves and worktops. She slowly begins picking out places in which she will be cooking, prepping and storing her dishes then scurries back out into the front of the store. Betty opens the door wide and sticks a book in front of it to prevent it from closing over. She then grabs a large chalk board and drags it out front and onto the sidewalk. She begins writing up the prices;

Betty's Bakery

Welcome to Betty's Bakery; Baking the cake of tomorrow, today!

The prices of the products that you find inside are as follows (prices are also liable to change):

cakes =-

Small: $0.99

Medium: $3.50

Large: $6.45

bread =-

Pita Bread: $0.99 for one or 5 for $4.00

White bread: $2.99 a loaf

Brown bread: $3.25 a loaf

Wholemeal bread: $4.00 a loaf

Gluten-free bread: $4.00 a loaf

sausage rolls =-

One for $1.50

Two for $3.00

Three for $4.00

sandwiches =-

Bacon: $2.99

Bacon, egg and cheese: $4.25

Ham and cheese: $4.00

Beef on weck: $5.99

Bologna sandwich: $1.99

Cheese: $1.99

Cheese and pickle: $2.00 

Cucumber: $1.99

Choose your own: Two fillings-$2.50 : Three filling-$3.60 : Four or more-$5.25

biscuits =-

$2.75 or two for $4.75

croissants =-

Normal: $3.60 or two for $6.20

Chocolate filling: $5.00

We take orders, we are willing to negotiate a better deal for your purchases.

She takes a step back from the sign and smiles then heads inside. Betty sets a few glasses on the counter and fills them with some champagne and waits for her customers to arrive. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After hearing the big news, Eae rushes into the store that Momma Betty just opened, a wide grin on her face as she is hit by the delicious smell of the bakery. So many choices. Of course, she'll have plenty of time to try everything, as she intends on visiting every day. Admiring the amazing chalkwork sign, she reads down her list of options. Something sweet is always a good choice, but she hasn't had lunch yet so instead decides on a sandwich. 

The place looks amazing! I have got to try one of your bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches. 

Looking back at the sign, she smiles before turning back to Momma Betty.

And maybe one of your chocolate croissants.

Report Post Tip

Betty stands at the cash till and smiles as Eae enters and begins getting all excited. Upon hearing the complement and then the order of a Bacon, Egg and Cheese sandwich Betty knew what had to be done. 

One Bacon, Egg and Cheese sandwhich coming right up my dear.

Betty walks over to the shelf to the left of the till and picks up a Chocolate filled croissant. She places it in a small bag and lays it next to the till. She then takes a walk into the back of the store and puts her apron on. She turns on the radio and let's the music play through the store (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mTxT7imTGQ). 

Betty Preheats the oven to 400°F, placing a rack in the lower third of the oven. She arranges the bacon in lines on a baking sheet. She lays the bacon in a single layers, close together, but not too close that the bacon overlaps or the bacon will stick during cooking. Betty places the baking sheet of bacon in the oven and bakes until the bacon is deep golden-brown and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Betty pours off the bacon grease every so often as needed so the bacon isn't totally submerged in grease. Once the bacon is ready, Betty removes the bacon from the oven and use tongs to transfer it to a paper-lined platter to drain and finish crisping. She then cracks an egg and let's it cook for until it is ready, flipping it over to ensure both sides are cooked. (You can rp the yolk however you want). She butters two slices of bread, sprinkles some cheese on either slice, places half of the bacon on the bread and then the egg on top and then the rest of the bacon on top of the egg. She places the other slice of bread on top and then pushes down on it, but not too hard, she doesn't want to yolk to burst.

Betty walks back out front with the sandwich in a little bag and places it on the counter next to the till and the croissant. She looks up to Eae and smiles.

Sorry for the wait my dear, I didn't have any bacon pre-cooked, so it's all fresh. That's $7.25 overall please.

Betty holds out the products in a paper bag and extends her other hand ready for the cash.

Report Post Tip

Reaching into her pocket, Eae pulls out $12, knowing that the sweet woman had discounted her food, and hands it over with a smile as she takes her amazing smelling meal. She will definitely be back here for more. The aroma alone makes it worth the wait. 

It is not a problem at all, dear. I'd rather have my meat over cooked than under cooked. Well, my bacon, anyway. Steak and burgers are a different story entirely, but you can not beat crispy bacon!

Report Post Tip

Betty smiles as she fiddles around with the till, placing money in and taking money out. She hands the change back over to Eae and tilts her head slightly.

I never was a big fan of bacon myself dear, it is a fine meat. One that requires attention to get it just right.

Report Post Tip

With a smile, Eae leaves the change on the counter and shrugs.

I've always enjoyed it, though I don't eat it as often as I would like to. I'm sure you payed it the perfect amount of attention. 

Report Post Tip

En was combing the Country looking for cookies for Penny. He had already raided the cookie shop and needed another source. Just wen he was about to give up he stumbled upon something that looked promising. Betty's Bakery En entered the place and looked at what it had to offer. The  aromas of the freshly baked bread permeated the air. To his dismay, there were no cookies! Not ready to give up, En headed to the counter. He spoke to the lady tending the place.

I've noticed there are no cookies on the menu. Would it be possible to get a batch of chocolate chip cookies made up? I'll pay you a fair price for them. 

En waited for a reply to see if this was possible. 

Report Post Tip

Smiles and waves to Eae as she heads out with her sandwich and croissant. She notices En walking in with a rather desperate look upon their face. Betty smiles and tilts her head slightly and asks; "Welcome to Betty's Bakery, how can I help you dear?".

She listens as En enquires about a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies and nods slightly.

"Sure thing dear, I could do that for you. I can have a batch made up or you in about 30 minutes. You can hang around or you can come back for them. I'll have them ready for you though."

Betty smiles and waits to see what En is wanting to do,

Report Post Tip

Sheldon was at Detroit during some buissenes,and every time when

he is at DT he is incredably hungry maybe that is because of air or something else

he saw some bakery named Bettys Bakery and came in

"good day lovely lady can I get 4 saussage rolls please"

"and can you tell me what do you think what sandwich is the best?"

Report Post Tip

Betty smiles as Sheldon walks in and orders 4 sausage rolls and enquirers about which Sandwich is best.

Of course you can dear, for sandwiches I would recommend you chose whatever you prefer. Only you can decide.

Betty smiles once more a and gather 4 Sausage rolls from the oven.

Fresh out the oven see,  you were just in time.

Report Post Tip

Having just finalized a business deal in Detroit, Epidemic hailed a cab and instructed the driver to take him to his hotel to freshen up before starting his next job, whilst heading back he could feel his stomach begin to rumble.. no surprise as he had skipped lunch to ensure the business dealings throughout the day we're all on time and completed smoothly. Whilst daydreaming about what to get for dinner the cabbie had stopped at a red light and out the corner of his eye Epidemic noticed a bright neon sign glowing in the night, as he took a closer look he could see it read "Betty's Bakery" and as he did so his stomach began to rumble a little more.

"Pull over round the corner and wait for me" Epidemic instructed the driver as he hopped out the cab and hurried across the street and entered the bakery.

As he entered Epidemic was blown away by the most amazing smell, he quickly made his way to the counter and looked at the menu, the choices we're great and everything looked so good. Having made his mind up Epidemic looked up and smiled at the lady behind the counter and placed his order.

"Hello ma'am, I'd like a ham and cheese sandwich please.." Epidemic took out five dollars and placed it on the counter as the lady prepared his order, as his sandwich was being prepared Epidemic thought that a cake for his next meeting might be a nice gesture.

"Sorry ma'am, can I have a large chocolate cake too?" Epidemic quickly put down another six dollars and waited for his order.

Report Post Tip

After a quick errand at the local winery, Rose had one final stop to make before returning to her hometown of Philly.  She missed being home, but enjoyed the traveling side of her business as well.  Visiting different states and countries was something she had longed to do since Rose was a young girl.  Now she had the means to do it, but it seemed as if her business kept her on the go constantly.  Noticing the bakery up ahead, her driver pulled over, and Rose exited the car.

"I will try to be only a few moments, but it depends on how long it takes to purchase everything."

"Yes ma'am.  No problem I will be right here, so take your time."

Rose headed inside the bakery as her dress flowed in the air around her.  The soft velvet material brushed against her legs with each step.  She noticed a young girl attending the counter, and heard voices floating from what she guessed would be the kitchen.  Walking up to the counter, Rose admired the cakes on display.

"May I help you ma'am?"

"Yes.  This is quite an impressive assortment of cakes.  I do hope you can manage the order I need to make."

"How many cakes do you need, and what sizes, flavors?"

Rose glanced back towards the glass cases displaying the variety of cakes, but she only noticed a couple in the size she would need.

"Well I really need at least four large cakes to feed a hungry crowd tonight.  I noticed two there in the display cases, but do you have any more already made?"

"Oh yes ma'am.  In fact we have 5 more in the kitchen already decorated, and just haven't had the time to bring them out front here.  Will that be all you need today?"

Rose noticed the sign out front advertising breads as well as sandwiches, and she realized skipping lunch wasn't the best option for her today.  

"Would it take long to make a couple ham and cheese sandwiches to go?  I think I would also like to get a couple croissants, too please."

"No ma'am.  Let me go in the kitchen, and see what we have prepared.  I shall return quickly."

The helpful young girl moved towards the kitchen, so Rose took a moment for her gaze to travel over the cakes.  The baker had done a beautiful job decorating them.  With her hands full of boxes, the young girl returns to the front counter with a smile.

"We have these already boxed up, and your sandwiches are being made right this moment.  I will be right back with the other two boxes, croissants and your sandwiches."

Before Rose even said a word, the young girl was gone like a flash.  Rose strolled over to the boxes to take a peek, and gasped slightly.  The creative talent that went into each of these cakes was simply breathtaking.  Replacing the cover on the box, Rose turned in time to see the young girl returning with the boxes and a couple of bags.  

Setting the bags on the counter, the girl got to work retrieving the other two cakes from the display case.  Rose walked to the door, then waved to her driver, and he made his way inside to assist with the carry out.  Withing moments her order was ready to go.  Paying handsomely for her order, Rose included a generous tip for the rush.

"Hope you enjoy your treats ma'am.  Come back soon."

Smiling as she gathered the remaining items, the two bags with the croissants and sandwiches, Rose thanked the young girl for the impeccable service.  With a wave she was off outside to find the cake boxes neatly arranged securely in the car already.  Before they depart from the curb, Rose offers her trusted driver a sandwich for the trip.  Safely inside and ready to eat, she relaxes in her seat to begin the long ride home as she nibbles on the delicious sandwich.

Report Post Tip

After running a quite successful loan sharking operation, Vandlgat sat on an old water bucket, sketching amphetamine users on a notepad.

Drawing in detail, Vandlgat illustrated the scene that was before him, paying no mind to the invention of a camera.

A slight breeze began to stir, and with it, came the smell of fresh baked bread, just how like grandma used to make. So he followed the smell.

Sniffing like a blood hound, Vandlgat found his way to Betty's Bakery. They had clear windows you could see through, the baker and happy customers were visible from the outside.

Vandlgat goes inside and walks up to the register,"Let me get a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich, please." He slides the clerk $5 for the sandwich.

He takes the sandwich and leaves saying,"Thank you for your services!" He eats the sandwich.

Vandlgat then gets on a boat, rigged with explosives, and drives it into pirate infested waters, seeking trade.................

Report Post Tip

Ryu was doing a drug deal waiting for his customer to come pick up and pay the cash off him. The guy was taking his time, he was suppose to be here 20 minutes ago and this was angering Ryu.

Ryu had no time for non sense and decided to go for a quick snack and by the time he comes back, the customer is still not here. Ryu will wack him.

Ryu walks around the corner and sees a bakery and decides to go have a quick look.

"Betty's Bakery aye, I'll have a quick look and see what's appealing"

Ryu opens the front door, and is immediately hit by the beautiful smell of freshly baked, buns, cakes and pies. He steps inside and has a quick browse through the menu. 

A girl walks up and ask him if he needed any help.

"Hey, do you need assistance with anything?"

"Just looking around to see what I need, I got to be quick so I'll just have a sandwich with Bacon, egg and cheese, three sausage rolls, and a chocolate filling for dessert."

"Sure, won't be long."

The girl opens up a brown bag, like a lunch bag, and uses thongs to grab the three sausage rolls and places it inside. Hands Ryu the abg.

"Here you go"

"Thanks"

She then proceeds to making the sandwich, spreading butter on the top and bottom slices. Placing the lettuces and tomatoes, leaves it there and goes off to frying the eggs and bacon. Once done she places it in a neat order egg then bacon, and then 2 slices of cheese.

"Here's your sandwich" The girl hands over the sandwich, and takes a slice of the Chocolate filling and puts in in another brown lunch bag to hand over to Ryu.

"And here's the Dessert!"

"Thank you, here's $150, keep the change darling."

Ryu picks up his snack and goes off looking for this client of his. In a pissed off mood Ryu has his snack and sits down on a bench around the corner from Betty's Bakery. He is so pissed off he doesn't even realise how good this Bakery is.

Report Post Tip

LisG is visiting in Detroit looking to do some business, while I walk in the main street starving  I saw this sign Betty's Bakery and decide to go in.

When I open the door I saw Betty behind the counter and try to get close to order, but walking slowly savoring the very nice smell of a freshly baked cake.

When I react again I am in front of Betty.

"Hi there"

LisG take a few seconds watching the big menu trying to decide what he wants.

"Could you please give me 2 Bacon, egg and cheese and 1 small cake and tell me how much it is?"

Report Post Tip

Spring had woken up with a sweet tooth that day. She had her usual breakfast of Toast and juice but it wasn't cutting it that day. So she got herself ready for the day and headed to Detroit's business section. Surely if there was something sweet to be found it would be in this area, wouldn't it?  So off she went wandering about until she came across Betty's Bakery. Bingo!

Easing the door open Spring stepped inside. It didn't seem busy at the moment which was another plus for the bakery in her eyes. She really didn't want to fight a crowd just to get some sweets into her blood. So she turned to look at the menu instead. Gazing at it for a few minutes before she made her final decision. She walked up to the counter with a pleased look on her face.

"Good morning. Could I get a small chocolate cake, 2 chocolate filled croissants and a ham and cheese sandwich please? If you could get this to go that would be wonderful as I am running late."

"Sure not a problem ma'am. That will be about fifteen minutes." She said.

So Spring began to wander about the store for those fifteen minutes. She took in the small shop and its decor. Smiling as she felt most at hope in smaller places. Soon she was lost in thought. Betty broke her out of her own thoughts as she cleared her throat.

"Here you are ma'am. Have a nice day."

Spring took a hundred dollar bill out and left it on the counter. Smiling as she did so.

"You too ma'am. You too!" She said as she left the shop and made her way back to the HQ.

Report Post Tip

Carnival had taken a break from everything that was going on. Having his store place just around the corner, felt like he should have a grab to bite. The bakery was in plain sight, crossing the streets stopping around three cars, yelling and cursing at Carnival, didn't care but just walked his way inside the bakery.

Slow steps inside, opens the door the bell above the door ringing. Tables were all around for those who wanted to stay and eat, but there was that other part when you take and leave, Carnival wanted the latter but wouldn't hurt to stay and read the paper while eating something delicious. Giving in a quick look at the menu, waves at the worker. Rushing to Carnival's table.

-I want this.

Points at beef on a weck with cheese and pickle. The worker wrote that and went to get the order.

Report Post Tip

Tony stepped into Betty's Bakery and couldn't help but take a big sniff of the fine smells. The aroma of fresh bread and pastries filled the room and Tony took it all in. Tony looked around and noticed the spread behind the counter. Everything looked amazing and he didn't know what he wanted. Finally he snapped his fingers and smiled realizing what he wanted. He made his way up to the girl working behind the counter and removed his lime green ribboned fedora.

"Good day ma'am"

The girl smiled and replied.

"Hello sir, what can I get for you today?"

Tony looked at her and then pointed to the crossiants.

"Can I please have a egg and cheese crossiant."

"Will that be one or two sir?"

Tony contemplated on taking two, the crossiants looked very tasty but then he shook his head and patted his stomach while smiling.

"I better take one love."

The girl smiled at the Godfather and quickly prepared his egg and cheese crossiant. She got it together and wrapped it up to go then and gave it to him.

"That'll be $3.60 sir."

Tony smiled and reached into his jacket pocket. He removed one single folded bill from his pocket and slid it to the girl. Tony took the egg and cheese crossiant smiling knowing it would be great considering the flavorful smell it had. He put back on his fedora and tipped it to the girl.

"Keep the change sweetheart."

Tony then nodded and exited the bakery. The girl smiled and waved at the kind gesture, tips were always good, although a dollar or two it always helped. She unfolded the bill Tony gave her and to her amazement rather then it being a $5 bill it was a $100 bill. Her eyes lit up and she realized there must be some mistake. She quickly ran around the counter and opened the door knowing there was probably an error.

Tony turned around at hearing the door opened, the girl waved the $100 bill in the air.

"Sir, there was a mistake!"

Tony smiled once again and raised his right hand up stopping her.

"No mistake hun, keep the change...please."

With that he got into his car as the girl yelled out her 'thank yous' and waved. As Tony waved back to her she went back into the bakery and Tony sped off.

Report Post Tip

Betty walks into the store to reopen after her break. Looking over to Janita she smiles and nods in approval of Janita going home for the day. She looks around the store at the customers and couldn't help notice some tables and chairs had appeared out of nowhere..  "I'll have to get rid of those" Betty speaks out loud.

She walks over to the cash register and inspects the earnings, smiling in approval of the money in the till. "This shall do nice for a donation to the orphanage down the road" she thinks to herself as she piles it into bags and stores them under the counter.

Betty makes her way to the kitchen and begins making the cakes for the day. "No rest for the wicked!"

Report Post Tip

Betty walks into the front of her store where Shaniqua had just shown up with a group of prosperous young women from down LV. She motions for the ladies to grab some beer each and stand around the front of the store handing out the beer to the passing men while trying to look sexy.

Now remember m'dears, The men love the booty so remember to wiggle it as they walk past okay? Good.

Betty pays Shaniqua some cash and proceeds back to the kitchen to bake up some more cakes.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Betty's Bakery
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL