Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 04:58:17
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Lost art of mailing? Started by: ShizzleDizzleWarz on Mar 12, '09 02:47
Jimmy, honestly, if you are interested in making people stay and not just chucking the toys out the pram with the above rant, why not make your families put more effort into approaching civilians? Rather than advocating full-on whoring like you have above.

I don't really like that either anyway, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out which of the two would be more successful in terms of making some of them stick around, if that is your real concern.
Report Post Tip
My throwing that out there was purely done as a farce. I am just tired of hearing of the whole story about whoring. Especially when its from the same guy coming back on different names. Just to stir shit.
Report Post Tip
By farce I meant my saying I would have my families begin to whore.

As for new arrivals Yes I care about them. I am actually weighing the possibility of authing a family in Philly as a academy for new people.

The Idea would be that new arrivals would join this family learn the ropes and then be sent into one of the other Philly families.
Report Post Tip
Yes I did read it.. its retarded...
Report Post Tip
Jimmy, I would argue that it doesn't really matter if it's the same guy that keeps bringing it up, the fact it is happens and he was "whored" as we love to put it.

I presume you mean you are going to set-up a captaincy and use it properly by having it as an entry route to your main families. Something we've seen before, but not a bad idea if the right people are running it. That's not for me to comment on anyway, tis your prerogative but at least that kind of thing is done for the right reasons. Outright whoring, which we've seen here, isn't. I think that's what people take exception to. You'll never hear the end of it as long as it goes on. Rightly so, because it shouldn't have a place in a Mafia RPing game.
Report Post Tip
Oh and A-Mac, you go girl, you sure sorted the detractors out. Honest.
Report Post Tip
LOL!
Report Post Tip
I missed the part where thats what my comment was about actually.. pretty sure you should have just ignored the invitation if you didnt want to join, he made a mistake and thought you were in danger and was trying to help you out.. give him a break instead of comming out to the streets and whinning about an invitation you got. Try having some respect for the CL's in our world, it might actually get you somewhere... thats all I was saying, just to clarify for ya :)
Report Post Tip
All I know is I had my girlfriend make a name and within minutes she had multiple invites and I was the only person she had spoken too.. Its getting easier and easier to find a mafia family that trusts you enough to put their name all over you. (even though it should be the complete opposite)
Report Post Tip
A-Mac, this isn't the streets, this is OOC. Respect for CLs belongs in-character. As for the CL making a mistake, give me a break. I mean, really, the CL thought they were in danger? As a civilian? Pull the other one.

Striphe says it all, multiple invites without opening her mouth. Poor form.
Report Post Tip
Regardless of whether you are in charecter or out I think that the people who have worked hard enough to have their own crews deserve more respect than being called out in public for sending an invite and being told they are "member whoring"
Report Post Tip
Regardless of whether people have worked hard enough to have their own crews, I don't believe they should now be resting on their laurels. Many people have been there in the past and managed ok without whoring.

On the topic of deserving respect, perhaps our civilians deserve more respect than having unsolicited invites fired at them.

If people do these things and are exposed, they will ALWAYS be called out in public for it, that's just the way it is.
Report Post Tip
but it wont get the people that are calling them out very far it just makes everybody look bad including the one calling out the cl's... so I see no reason for publicly criticizing someone for whoring, if someone is sending out messages to people to get them to join their crew sure thats not the right way to go about expanding your crew and its understandable that maybe that person is going to lose some respect from the people that he is trying to "whore" into his family, and its okay to not like someone personally and not respect them but keep it to yourself dont go around calling them out, even if you dont have respect for them, which you should, they are more powerful then you and its ussually a good to keep that kind of person on your goodside lol
Report Post Tip
That was mind boggling, I think you're just trying to baffle me into submission now, aren't you?

The problem is, in this case, there wasn't even the sending of a message. Secondly, the people calling them out aren't doing it to get "very far", they just happen to care. Finally, in OOC the people being called out aren't "more powerful" than me, they're the same as me, just another player...and I, personally, don't mind whether I'm on their goodside or not.
Report Post Tip
well maybe thats your promblem then, you can go ahead and play however you want though and treat people how you fell you should, im just going to agree to disagree :)
Report Post Tip
This is kind of weird...
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Lost art of mailing?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL