Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 17:49:29
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
A Reminder Of The Player Conduct Policy Started by: Bunneh on Oct 11, '14 21:53

MafiaReturns is now and always will be a form of escapism not much different than going to see a movie. It is a chance to imagine yourself in another time and how you would react to mob circumstances. However, that has not been the case for a long time and I believe most of us know it. The abuse many of us have suffered as a result of actions in game is unacceptable, and pops the bubble of any kind of role-play we might have. We have allowed the players leeway in how they treat each other in a vain hope that you would all right the ship together. You have forced our hand in this.

Now you can insult each other all you want about game-related stuff, just remember that reflects on you. So during a war if one of your enemies dies and you say, "LOL Fuckin Noob!!", or "God, you are such a FUCKING ASSHOLE" we won't ban on that, just remember that your image might take a hit. When you progress past that and say something to the effect of "LOL @ U DYING OF CANCER, CANT WAIT UNTIL YOUR TIT FALLS OFF FROM ROT LOLZOR", you are going to get hammered. We will not allow people to terrorize each other any longer. It's not funny, it's sad that people with really nothing going for themselves need to tear others down to be noticed. Why they can't just type in all caps like me to get their attention quota I'll never know.

We will also no longer accept accusations of "Admin cheating", "Admin interference" or "Admin favouritism", that stops. There is a difference between complaining about the game (which is fine, we know it can be frustrating at times) and insinuating or full out accusing Admins of cheating. I ask all of you to think about it for a minute. How many times has IzzyCreamcheese/Squishy looked into issues you thought were bugs or not right with the code, and have ANY of you EVER been turned down by him? I can't recall a time, no matter how trivial the complaint is or how much abuse you've heaped on to him prior to him looking at it. If you can't trust that and his word, then by all means get out of our game.

That being said, I'm sure a majority of us are guilty of crossing the line at least once. None of our hands are clean, but consider this where the buck stops. When we refer to ourselves in threads we call ourselves the Mafia COMMUNITY or the IRC COMMUNITY, I don't know about any of you but I haven't felt that way in a long time. What right do we have to refer to ourselves in such a way when we do nothing at all to cultivate that feeling?

So from here on out if you cross the line your first offence will be a week-long ban from IRC or a week in Admin jail depending on where the offence took place. The second offence will be a permanent ban from our game and IRC.

We're not saying you have to be good players or even good people to play this game, we are asking you to act like human beings. This is no longer Lord of the Flies. Since the problem has become so deeply rooted in our culture here, we are stepping in, which shouldn't have happened, because the last thing we want to play are zookeepers. We want to enjoy the game as much as you guys do, so please do not cross the line or you are going to be dealt with, no matter who you are.

We are throwing down the gauntlet. We would rather have 100 users who can co-exist and utilize this game to its full potential than 1000 users who act like utter assholes to each other.

Report Post Tips: 32 / Total: $640,000 Tip

I am curious about sexual and racist harassment outside of the game [text messages] what's the policy on those?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Applauds Bunneh ! We should act like grown ups 

Report Post Tip

surely you cant expect the admins to monitor text messages lol

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I am curious about sexual and racist harassment outside of the game [text messages] what's the policy on those?

Your first and foremost action should always be with your local law enforcement in situations that are serious, especially when they are outside of the game.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This is happening from another country [Netherlands] and when i talked to the Swedish police and our lawyer, the response was that it would most likely be ignored since they wouldnt waste resources on such a small matter.
The player doing it is currently playing incog.

Report Post Tip

if they are doing it within the game contact an admin if they are doing it outside of the game look elsewhere, not to sound harsh but the admins are the police only within their ownservers

Report Post Tip

Are you saying this on Squishy's behalf?
This has started because of the game, he is doing it outside of the game because he already has a standing warning from admins for doing something similar in game.

Report Post Tip

all's i can suggest is bait him into emailing you in real life not in the game get his Ip address from the header of the email forward it into the proper authorities, squishy and all the admins are simply that admins they are not police when it comes to outside of the game by use of features and means that they do not provide

Report Post Tip
I think this entire speech can be summed up by Bubba

“Just because we are separated by a few thousand miles, it doesn’t give us the excuse to act in ways that are not acceptable in real life.”
Report Post Tip
This is great thank you admin team I'm tired of being the target of bullies.
Report Post Tip

I would suggest you contact your provider and have whatever number(s) are texting you blocked. If they will not help you, get a phone (or find an app) that will block them. There are several out there. 

Report Post Tip
It's sad that this even has to be said, we should all just be decent human beings. Thank you guys enough is enough of most of this shit
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
1 - Don't give your number out to people you don't know.

2 - A lot of modern phones have an ignore/block option for particular numbers.

3 - Have the scumbag bloodlined.
Report Post Tip

3 - Have the scumbag bloodlined.

could this be construed as bullying though? it is essentially not having something against a character but having a personal vendetta against a person

Report Post Tip

I would suggest you contact your provider and have whatever number(s) are texting you blocked. If they will not help you, get a phone (or find an app) that will block them. There are several out there.

<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">En has great advice, As an active Law Enforcement Officer, the only thing you can do is block the number calling you or change your number. However, make sure you don't give out your number to people you don't truly know or trust so you can avoid these issues. But the other advice given about this game is as far as Izzy's jurisdiction concern, meaning you chose to put your number out there but Izzy will not be able to help you outside of the game.  I say this with respect not trying to call you out, but admins are here to govern us as players of their game that's it. Anything else that stems from this game outside in normal life is entirely separate from the game if you willingly decide to give out personal and </font>sensitive<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> information.</font>

<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">With all of that jargon I said, I do not say this on behalf of Squishy/izzy admins. I say it cause it is what it is. It is not legal advice, its just that this is a game, there is no game policy saying YOU HAVE TOO give out YOUR information now if there was that would be an entirely different can of worms which i'm sure no lawyer or federal officer will pursue.  </font>

<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">The only thing Izzy can do, is ban this player for breaking his game rules, but that will have no baring on the continuous harrassment outside of the game (Mafia Returns). However im sure with the powers that be, they probably need some sort of proof that this person is </font>harassing<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> you in game. </font> 

Report Post Tip

I have no idea why that came out kind of weird meaning my last post, but im sure you get the picture. I applaud the admins for stepping up and enforcing and addressing some of the ongoing issues. Well done (not that my opinion matters lol)

Report Post Tip

I applaud them was well Mayhem. I really like this.

Report Post Tip
Cheating at a game like this speaks volumes about anyone who does it
Report Post Tip

Yes, all fine and dandy indeed. I have a concern though, and a legit serious one. One that shouldn't be looked as lightly, and it is formidable. 

I agree that the players should treat others like human beings, but I think they needs to be placement to make sure that the users aren't treated like dirt from the admin team as well. Now before I'm accused of being a tyrant bastard for saying this, I have situations that back up the claim. Over the past year to name a few: The Maria DD (Revived), the lronSight DD (Not revived), the iocaste DD (Revived without crew tag/shot because of it), the Yajirobe DD (Revived), the Achilles Hitlist, the Jeddy DD (Rule change next day). 

These things legit concern me, especially with RL money involved. And as stated "we have all been known to cross the line". Yes, we have, no doubt about that at all (admins and users alike). Yes, people should treat admins like human being. But honestly, and this is my personal opinion, but sometimes this isn't the case where the admin would seem to make fair judgement on things. The actions of revival have proved that enough. Admins were making admin wacks personal to themselves and not in a business-like manner until a suggestion was made and pointed it out. 1 of those DDs were over an old personal grudge, and it cost a CL in this world his life with no return because of it, when he shouldn't have been there to begin with (seeing as the original DD was reversed). The domino effect if you will. 

I could honestly make a case of this that would take hours, but no one has time for that, nor do I want to spend my time doing that. I just wanted to point out that the users are in the wrong, but that's only sometimes. The other half of poor behavior isn't done on the end of the users, and I feel like that should be pointed out when one doesn't want to point the finger at themselves, and ignore their involvement in this unjust and unfair behavior. Sure, the boss is the boss, but you won't have people want to play for you when these things happen and go on in a regular basis. Especially when someone invests RL money into a place that they enjoy, to not be treated like a human being in return by those that should. 

Nothing flawed with the announcement or the reminder, it's all very fair enough, and as it should be. But how do we go about seeing that the userbase isn't treated unfairly, besides just telling us that "this is the way now, you have to deal with it. Tough shit"?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: A Reminder Of The Player Conduct Policy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL