Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 09:38:04
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Potential Started by: LouisGato on Mar 13, '09 22:18
Is anyone else staggered at the amount of IA's we go through daily? They are always filling the list, 20-30 people at a time probably more, and yet what if these people stopped with us?

Imagine how the site would swell, would it be a good thing? New personalities, new attitudes and ambition? Or would it be the end of us, could we handle that many more people daily? Even half of them staying would radically change things.

Whats making them not stay, or more so, making them leave?

I once totalled sponsored members at over 500, and if at the least we have 20 IA's a day that don't go IA, and stay, we'd be swimming in members.

Any thoughts?
Report Post Tip
well i dont mean any disrespect boss but if no one got to shoot ias they'd probably get pissed off lol and maybe more wars would happen when people want kills and stuff
Report Post Tip
I see no problems with more wars if the site has a steady flow of new members. The more members the more fun I say. In each new user there is the potential of something new. New ideas could come forth and new visions.
Report Post Tip
Indeed, those where my thoughts.

It's hard to believe the magnittude though, where we might end up with 200 odd people online at any one point in time and cities had 3 or four families of different adgenda's and goals than those of their neighbours.

People would rarely see City-toCity conflict =/
Report Post Tip
If people stopped going for IAs there would be no wars as no one would be able to hit the board side of Fu-Mans ego. IA's are life blood of a hitter. Without it we are sexcraved lunantics
Report Post Tip
We are talking about IA's, not unsponsored Gangsters. IA's by definition HAVE already abandoned the game, so we are just reaping the benefits of what people left behind.

The real question, IMHO, and I apologize before hand for trying to shift LouisGato's thread, is: Why don't people stay?

I wouldn't be surprised if many of these IA are the same people coming back over and over, maybe because they are friends of active players who have just been asked to sign up by their buddies to provide fresh blood for the hunters...
Report Post Tip
i struggled to come back to the game partially due to the simplicity of it compared to other games which offered more features to be honest. Is only a few people like obizzle, satanta, munchkin and a few others who keep me going
Report Post Tip
The real question, IMHO, and I apologize before hand for trying to shift LouisGato's thread, is: Why don't people stay?

That Adrian is the million dollar question. It would be interesting to hear an owners view on that.
Report Post Tip
I think it falls on each and everyone of us. We need to show them that there is something to this world. Lets take for instance people who are over 48 hours unsponsored with no messages sent.

Do people actually message them? NO. Its a race to see who can shoot them first. Now most of the time this is a new person as most returning people know they need to have a family. People don't care and shoot them, But if a few minutes was actually taken to talk to them and explain how this thing works then maybe just maybe that would be a new player who would stay.

Some people would say this falls on the leaders shoulders. I say its falls on all of our shoulders. Hitters need to show restraint in this type of situation. Shoot all the ia's you want but someone with no messages no posts no nothing? let them live and approach them. Help them figure this world out. Id say 9 times out of 10 people in this case do not return.

We want this world to strive then we all need to play our part in it.
Report Post Tip
This is what I am talking about. guy logs on and boom dead.

Name: Micheal_Weston

Bodyguards: Not Protected

Sponsor: None

Home City: Funeral Home

URL:

Wealth: Very Poor

Start Date: Mar 12, '09 16:03

Last Active: Mar 14, '09 23:46

Messages Sent: 0

Original Threads: 0

Quote:

Live fast die hard
Report Post Tip
Well he did live fast and die hard.
Report Post Tip
People generally have 48 hours to find out what's happening, that should be enough time for any potential gangsters to find their feet. If they can't figure out how to message someone, ask for help, look through the forums, find out how to join a family, then do we really want them here?

It's all well and good saying we want more people to populate the site, but do we really want more dead weight on here?

48 hours is easily adequate.
Report Post Tip

Some people would say this falls on the leaders shoulders. I say its falls on all of our shoulders. Hitters need to show restraint in this type of situation. Shoot all the ia's you want but someone with no messages no posts no nothing? let them live and approach them. Help them figure this world out. Id say 9 times out of 10 people in this case do not return.

I'd disagree with that that. Seriously, if people can't figure out what the story is within 48 hours, let them try again. If they don't come back, I seriously doubt they were going to add much to the game if they don't have the initiative to even scan over the plentiful help that is out there. I mean FFS, the game's changed so that they even get a nice friendly MM in their inbox telling them where to go and what to do. If they can't act on that then, frankly, they're probably a bit of a dunce.

Why do we have such a Nanny-mafia these days? People forget that there's nothing wrong with dying, it's often the best way to learn.

Player A comes along, dicks around, tries a few things out and dies for stepping out of line or doing something wrong. Player A returns and thinks, "hmm, I just lost 24 hours work there, I'm gonna better that....and dies after 3 days this time". Player A thinks, "Right, I've got it, I'll keep my nose clean this time, I understand what the script is. Fuck losing my work again.".

Instead, we get Thugs announcing their presence to the world in the streets (and actually being congratulated by people, including an LHM), or Earners/WGs celebrating their latest promotion with us all on the streets. Give me a break, rather than worry about people not going IA, we might be better focussing on properly helping those that do stick around. Or is it enough that they're merely here and alive?
Report Post Tip
you know im new to this type of rpg based mafia game. but im finding this more fun than alot of other ones. i came from playing mobsters on myspace. i got so sick of the bulls**t that was happening there. its amazing how much ppl will spend to win at a free game.

If you play this game any potential mobster will know they need to find a family. I think new people coming on to this game dont read the tutorials and the rules and are not really committed to playing the game.

IDENTITY, yes i did identify myself to the world, that was before i understood how this works..trust me i was put in the right place.

i didnt get any emails from anyone, only after i went into the chat room and ask for help..i got one.. so maybe there is something there...where a upper rank could send a recruiting message to the person.
Report Post Tip
Violent, that reference wasn't actually aimed your way, I hadn't noticed that. Make it two Thugs then ;)
Report Post Tip
Ive been round here for a year now and when i first start there was none of the CL's coming upto you to join there family and helping you out or even there members but when i sign back on i had a few mails to help me out, These people are trying to help build our world bigger by talking to new members and helping them out.
Report Post Tip
"I see no problems with more wars if the site has a steady flow of new members. The more members the more fun I say. In each new user there is the potential of something new. New ideas could come forth and new visions."

I agree with your highly Jimmy more member's more chance of something new
Report Post Tip
The 48 hours rule was once something that started as an unwritten rule, now we know by looking at the obits who has been innocently killed.

Now we're talking about another unwritten rules that'll give people even more of a chance?
Report Post Tip
Well dad gum - do you people really prefer wacking some zombie IA to the potential alternative - shooting a real live player right in the face because they deserved it (yeah, well, any wacker can usually give you a quick list of about 500 reasons why they deserved it - personally I'll settle for "he looked at me funny" ;o )

Now, in fairness we can't all spend all our time msging new players whom generally do not respons any way. Ah well, some people truly are beyond hope; but you know what - a lot of the really good friends I have here now I met with one of those seemingly pointless mails "Hi, noticed you standing there looking lost - need a hand?" Hell, you can even keep it in a nice little txt file and cut and paste it to the n00bs as they arrive. Most will ignore you, some will tell you to get bent (often amusing replies if nothing else here) and you'll get the odd person that really appreciates the fact that you are willing to go out of your way to help them. Try it! If we all spent a few minutes every day doing this we could pretty much blanket all the new players.

Actually it is a really good question - why do these people go to all the trouble of making an account and then not bother even trying to play the game. What do they really expect to find here? Quake? It does say text based RPG doesn't it? Hmmmmmm - interesting question indeed...
Report Post Tip

"Hi, noticed you standing there looking lost - need a hand?" Hell, you can even keep it in a nice little txt file and cut and paste it to the n00bs as they arrive. Most will ignore you, some will tell you to get bent (often amusing replies if nothing else here) and you'll get the odd person that really appreciates the fact that you are willing to go out of your way to help them. Try it! If we all spent a few minutes every day doing this we could pretty much blanket all the new players.

Sweet! Then we can stop role-playing, start holding hands, skipping, singing and acting like the site is here for nothing but a social networking stand-in. None of us need die in such a happy land.

Anyone want a cuddle?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Potential
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL