Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 17:51:20
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Las Vegas, a city full of sin. Started by: Benjamin_Button on Mar 29, '09 20:55
Benjamin stepped into the streets. After quite some time he had decided to make an appearance for quite the announcement.

There are a few things that I would like to bring to the attention of many leaders and their respective families. Firstly, you are not a politician, you are not the president, not a senator nor a mayor. You run crime families. Yet many of us are confined in a world where we follow the policies of a good clean life. Yes, we kill in times of war, and yes, we eliminate the threats from our community, but does that make you a mobster? In my opinion, it does not.

The Las Vegas crime family has decided to step away from trying to build a city. It's not ours to build, but we choose to reap its benefits. Our family, holds our personal interests and the interests of our associates at heart. It's always business.

Effective from April 1st, Las Vegas will bring you sin. Pickpocket to your hearts content, crime as if you have never done so before. You pick someones pocket, you run the risk of being shot at. No holds barred. Cheap shots below the belt and unauthorized wacks will all come into play.

This is all coming as quite a shock to you. Let me clarify and give you an example. If someone feels strongly about hitlisting another and that shot is taken in Las Vegas, that very witness statement IF caught by the Las Vegas crime family will be held and kept quiet. For far too long have we lived and forgotten the principles of silence. If you pickpocket another and return fire is received, then you knew fully that this is the path you chose to walk down. You have to understand that, you are still expected to follow the rules of your own family. If you get caught taking a life and that witness statement is caught by another other than my own, you will have to deal with those consequences from your leader. I am just offering you some space to be free from everything else.

Sin city has come alive. We will not charge taxes nor keep any of you out. But if you are looking for some excitement and doing what you feel that needs to be done, then do it here, do it now. If you can't seem to stomach all of this, then stay out.

Many of you won't feel safe with how the crime situation has escalated within this city, but then again, it's not our job to police nor govern Vegas. Everything comes at a price, and protection will be sold for those who seek it. I will NOT rat you out to other families should you decide to take action with regards to a personal vendetta. What I am saying is, that things will change and living in fear will not exactly be living in fear.

For those of you who will come to Las Vegas and attempt anything to either this family or those who have associated themselves with us by blood or payment, will learn very quickly that I get a kick out of using my pistol. If anything is unclear, do not hesitate to contact me for any further clarification on the matter. My lips are sealed to the rest.

Benjamin made his way out of the crowd as he heard the gasps from those who were terrified and noticed the grim smirks on those who were over joyed.
Report Post Tip
Personally I love this new idea. I'll be booking my first flight to Sin City as soon as I am capable, and look forward to an unprecedented crime rise within the city.
Report Post Tip
cant wait every man for himself
Report Post Tip
I think you have missed the point Mr. Mateo. This is not an exercise to place every man in a position to fend for themselves, but rather an opportunity for some to express their own ways upon the unsuspecting victims withing Las Vegas.

Anything that happens here would have to be a calculated decision, I also mentioned that your family policies are your own. Which ever outsider acts upon their own free will in Las Vegas would do so on their own. There are still risks. There will always be risks. The only thing we can assure you is, that our lips are sealed.
Report Post Tip
Shhhh....Benjamin, don't correct him. That would nullify one of the benefits of this brilliant policy you have put into play. There will be those who will not use common sense and street smarts, and will soon find out that their actions will get them killed.

I love this policy. Too often we rely on "rules", and too infrequently we use common sense. This should prove to be Darwinism at its finest.
Report Post Tip
Just to clarify, if someone shoots an under 48 in the city of sin, and your family catches it no harm will come to said hitter? While undermining many old traditions I think this may be a nifty step in forwarding society.
Report Post Tip
I for one have always been against shooting -48h gangsters. I may still follow old traditions and a tradition I will start following is one of silence.
Report Post Tip
We have a Maverick in the mob

Love the new features...All aboard the LV train! Ill be right there.
Report Post Tip
It is indeed a unique idea given the trend of cities trying to keep the peace.

I have a question, if I may so bold to express it here:

If a member of a Vegas Family witnesses a crime in *another* city, will they come forward with the WS if required by the Family of the victim?
Report Post Tip
For clarification, as a couple people have expressed a bit of confusion, Las Vegas has always and will continue to uphold the 48 hour rule.

And I will admit that, initially, I was a bit skeptical about this new idea. But I think it's important to recognize that Las Vegas will not be devolving into a state of rampant chaos. This adds only a bit more excitement to the world, with pickpocketers running wild and people having an increased chance at pulling off a personal vendetta.

Personally, I think it's wonderful to see creative, dynamic thinking and not just acceptance of the way things are. Well done.
Report Post Tip
Well this is an interesting idea, I like it!
Report Post Tip
An excellent move by the LV leadership, very refreshing in this day and age of nannying and city-wide taxing. People should be allowed the freedom to conduct themselves as they will, not to mention dealing with the consequences of their actions, if any. Just as we saw with the NY HQ initiative at first, this might just be a handy little gene pool cleaner as well.

I look forward to seeing it develop, best of luck.
Report Post Tip
I will only say this. "The bigger they are the harder they fall".

Gone are the days of common sense.

The Mafiosa have ALWAYS protected the people and as far as I am concerned this is the only way to run a city.

And YES! we do run the citys.

I will send flowers.
Report Post Tip
Ah, I'm afraid this isn't good for me. I'm going to make sure I stay out of Vegas for a little while.

It's a pity, though. I would have loved to stay there... as long as I don't get shot at.
Report Post Tip
It's always a delight to see Leaders bringing in fresh new initiatives, even more so in the city I feel the most affinity with; the city which I personally regard as having a great deal of untapped potential!

Bravo, this is a very enjoyable moment.
Report Post Tip
It will be interesting to see how many vandetta killings actually happen once these rules have been in place for a little while.
Report Post Tip
i think it should stay as the same old school rules this is starting to get ridiculous i think
Report Post Tip
Personally I am kind of on the fence about this one. Don't get me wrong, I love innovation, but I am going to have to wait a while and see how this one goes.
Report Post Tip
I am looking to see how this will work and see how people visiting Las Vegas will react.
Report Post Tip
We are not forcing anything upon anyone. This is just how things are going to be in Vegas. It shouldn't even be seen as a service or some form of innovation. Just an attempt to practice what many of us have chosen to forget.

Too often do we see communication and information thrown around too freely. Information that will most likely get you killed. In the world we live in today, the networking and communication between families, have been key in keeping things running smoothly. Don't get me wrong, it worked and payed off. But somewhere along the way, we started leaving behind the core aspects of what made this world of ours the world we chose to live in.

I for one, have learned many things from many great members in our society today. My bloodline has not been around as long as most of yours, but from what I have gathered, there was once a time, where many of your own bloodlines lived a life where certain practices held much value.

I could go on about many little issues that I have come across in my time in the trenches. Friendships that were made before entering this thing of ours, putting others before family, it sickens me to be quite honest. Like I mentioned before, I have not been around too long, but what I will try and do, is to put into practice the little things that made all of this worth it, one tiny step at a time.

The basics in crime 101, if you will. Use it or not, it's really up to you.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Las Vegas, a city full of sin.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL