Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 12:50:13
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Random annoyance Started by: BestestFriend on Apr 13, '09 00:32
People who write 'as I light up a fat one' In the streets. This is for two reasons - I really don't think it was very common at all in those days and secondly, aren't we all grown up enough to see that although some of us smoke weed, and I'm not denying its great, defining yourself as a weedsmoker on the streets is both slightly unrealistic but also a little 'hey look at me I'm a craaaaazy guy who knows how to party.' For my part drug taking is the one thing its really not cool to brag about, thats not saying I have a problem with it and I've probably experimented my brain into jelly myself but I really don't go on about it and I don't want to here about people who have probably just avoided being sold Earl Grey smoking it up in a 1930s speakeasy.
Report Post Tip
for the most part i think they may be referring to a cigar.
Report Post Tip
Its pretty much just an addition to role playing.. adds more of an image to what they are saying then if they just straight up said it without describing what they are doing at all.. but I guess you have a point it doesnt always have to be smoking a joint people are doing, could be more creative :P

like.. TheTerminator kicks the curb in frustration while talking and hurts his foot aha
Report Post Tip
It's people making them selfs part of their char. Involving them selfs a little into their other life. I do agree that publically doing that is a bit of an annoyance. I wouldn't a said a thing here if it wasn't for it being said at a Godfather promo. It just in my eyes is a bit disrespectful to Hypno. Imagen what would happen if you did that in real life. Wow..
Report Post Tip
I see what your saying Molecular but its often toking and joint instead of smoking and fat one. I know I'm coming across a bit like ned flanders but this isn't dope wars its mafia returns. So this would very rarely happen in context. To be honest people talk about what drugs they are taking in so many other forums I was hoping it wouldn't be the case here. The big bugbear is probably weed and how that seems to be comedy gold all on its own - munchies, giggles, I am so high etc. I just dont think it has any place at all in Mafia Returns
Report Post Tip
Havent you ever seen mobster movies, documentaries, read up on em....? was part of the lifestyle....
Report Post Tip
We buy marijuana.

We sell marijuana.

Who is to say there are some that don't partake in their own product?
Report Post Tip
Ever heard of don't get high on your own supply. If I was there leader Id be taxing them for smoking my shit in the streets!
Report Post Tip
Fever stands next to Midol and lights a fat joint.

Midol is right. A man should be allowed to smoke what he wants, when he wants, where he wants.
Report Post Tip
Damn straight. If there was ever a succesful mafioso who was also a stoner I haven't heard of them.
Report Post Tip
Tony 'Scarface' Montana. 'Say hello to my little friend'. Man had balls, that's for sure.
Report Post Tip
Yeah but thats different. If TM had sat back with an ounce of sticky sticky I'm pretty sure the end wouldn't have had the same effect.
Report Post Tip
But it wasnt necessarily their supply? I'm sure most have their own personal stashes too.
Report Post Tip
Dude, no fucking telling how much coke he snorted before the gunfight at the end! That's what made Tony into Scarface!
Report Post Tip
You all are thinking about this in modern times. The gangster now days may be like the mobsters in some ways but in this matter they aren't. I have got a way of putting this where most of you can understand. If you make yourself known as a pot smoker do you think that impresses the bosses? You think that they will want to put you in charge of anything? Yeah some of them my smoke themselfs and you guys could have a good time talking but it isn't business like and it isn't professional.
Report Post Tip
If you met some of my friends, you'd be thinking 'these people are mobsters?'
Report Post Tip
Not everything here mimics reality, nor should it. It would be much less fun.

If it did mimic reality, we would not be selling drugs at all. It was strictly forbidden in the 1930's mafia. The codes stated that anyone caught selling drugs was killed. Later, along the 1950's, lowly foot soldiers would sell some drugs on the side, but it was kept very quiet. Vinny Gigante put alot of pressure on the Gambino family to have Lefty Ruggiero killed for selling drugs when an FBI tape recorded him discussing his "product".

The mob did not want the attention from the Feds, and selling drugs gave them the attention.
Report Post Tip
Ok agreed, it isn't totally realistic and thats why some people have been asking about selling different types of alcohol instead of drugs in suggestions. But by this logic - we can buy and sell these drugs so we can take them in roleplay - we could have gangsters throwing magic mushroom parties in an italian restaurant.
Report Post Tip
Butt_Ox, you never really stated a side. You kinda just rambled off on something else.... What is you opinion on the matter?
Report Post Tip
Well...they could really. Shut the shop down for the day...have fun. Would be stupid and mebbe get em busted or capped but it's quite possible.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Random annoyance
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL