Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 10:31:24
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
First impressions, Guidline for Invitations Started by: Rampage on Apr 13, '09 19:36
"As you walk down the Italian American streets, you see men selling oranges with dirt covered around their faces, old women cleaning the streets, and children running around a popped fire hydrant. But something different comes across your eyes... It was a pitch black ally. The Darkness swallows a man with a hat and a dark suit. He stares at you. A cold icy feeling comes in your throat. But then the man signals you to go where he was, and for some reason you do.

"Hey kid." The man whispered with a low voice.

"I see this depression shit has hit you pretty hard hasn't it?" The man asked.

As you look at your raggedy gloves, you nod.

"Well it's either find a way to survive here in the streets, or you bet your ass you're going to the army. So what is it?" The man asked.

You seemed confused at the moment but then your brain finnaly clicked.

"You want to know how to make it into a good family, be respected?.. Well do yeah?"

You nod your head

"See this fancy envelope here, you want to write a leader to a leader or a RHM, but don't do it unless you're serious kid, or else you'll have a bullet in ya freakin head. Now listen, you have to write, because you can't even get near these men. They'll kill yeah the second you want to talk to them with those cloths!"

You look down and see how ripped up they were

"Look kid, you wanna look tuff, you want to be somebody. You ain't a nobody yet. You gotta go steal some purses, deal drugs. You start low. But you still don't send this letter in, until you reach to 10,000 dollars, and at least become Modern Wealthy."

"The key, is to look tuff, but looks ain't the only thing, that pencil of yours is what's going to make it count. You put effort into it, and I guarantee you'll make it into any crew you want."

"Now look, the way to start the subject, just make it simple, put invite right there. Then you want to start off by saying the crew leaders name. Capiche, you with me here? Alright next, you want to tell them you're ups, what you're good at. But don't send it all crappy like you a hood kid, or a greaser. Now most important while you are writing it, spell check it a little. Get a dictionary. Put in you're commas, punctuation. Also space it out a lil if you ain't the best writer."

"So now that we have gone over the basics, here's a tool to help yeaa. If you had a Grand Father in the past, mention him, depending on the leader. But if you're new guess you can't."

"Now the most important rule here, is to put effort into your shit! Don't write a fucken line on a life long request. That shit don't even make any sense, to make this easier for you kid, I have a sample on one."

The man pulls out a note, and as you open it, it says..

Subject: Invitation

Dear, Mr Don.

"Hello there sir, I see you are a family leader. I am a new fresh face to this mafia world, and would love to have the right to experience it. My best guess would be with you. I have seen that you are a very well known face, and a fantastic crew leader. I would love one day to be as good as you. To spread my wings.

To me family is first. I live by Honor, and I will die by Honor.

My achievements that I acquire are ..

Omerta- Silence, keep my mouth shut at all times, and I didn't see nothing.

Honor- I will give my left to protect you and the family.

Respect- Everything is addressed with respect.

Please sir, I have looked around all day and believe you are the best for me. I will love to watch this family rise, and fall. By doing so I would love to join in your fantastic crew. I know how to control myself.

I do not do the following without permission.

-Mugg

-Wack

-Disrespect a grave [even an enemy]

By doing so I will not cause the family any disrespect or put it in jeopardy.

Also my Wealth. When it reaches to wealthy,which is 100,000 dollars. I will start donating at a very high rate. Please you will be expecting alot from me and although this may not be a lot. Please consider taking me in off the streets and to be along you're side.

Thank You

-Then you, name here asshole.

"Now you see that kid. Now that's a letter than a bull shit. Hey I want in."

A white Bentley pulls up

"Look kid I got to get going, I hope you can contact me some day, its in that envelope I gave yeaa. It's just I don't want to see your ass on the streets. You're far to good for that kid."

The man enters the Vehicle and lights a cigar, as he tilts his hat and gives you a wink. The car drives off into the neon lights of the street. Then you look down and realize the decision you need to make
Report Post Tip
It's kinda cliche, but first impressions are everything. It's essential that you start off on the right foot (unless your left footed of course). Come in with an open mind and an eagerness to learn and earn, we all can have a happy new year!
Report Post Tip
Like Sal said its all about the first Impressions you mess up this you might mess up your life and might even end it.

All about Respect and Loyalty with this you'll get somewhere otherwise your new best friends well be the fish you sleep with.
Report Post Tip
Helps if you can Spell too, If communicating via letters.

Drexler flutters by
Report Post Tip
A wise ass like Drexler has little hope I'm afraid. :(
Report Post Tip
See first impressions do last a long time =]]
Report Post Tip
You will find that this topic has been addressed on more than one occasion, I can think of at least two instances that can be found in the archives of past discussions. Usually it is met with the same excuses of laziness and being new to this world. Some feel it is not their job to impress but our job as leaders and right hands to impress them. Others feel that if you are new to this world you have no reason to put an effort into finding a family as it has become rather easy to gain the trust of those with the power to provide shelter.

I applaud your efforts in enlightening those around these parts, but fear it has been said before and will be said again.
Report Post Tip
Well if they are new, tell them to take a look here first. =]]
Report Post Tip
First impression especially last a long time when you respond to letters with

"Fuck off"

"Fuck off and die you whore"

"I will join ur krew if u hve secks with me"

And other, less than admirable responses to welcome letters.
Report Post Tip
When all else fails, seal everything with a kiss.

Even the casual "fuck off" goes down a little smoother with a kiss attached to it.
Report Post Tip
It had better be a damn nice kiss to make up for a casual fuck off.

A kiss on the cheek might cut it for a formal fuck off with a sincerely at the end.
Report Post Tip
Striaght up a simple fuck off means death.

Another if crew leaders offer help, have the new world people take a look at this thread. It's only here to help.
Report Post Tip
I'm sorry, but for somebody that tells another to grab a dictionary, this has too many mistakes in itself.

the intention may be good, but it is just another condescending speech that is actually preaching to the choir. Nobody that is fresh from the boat will read this.
Report Post Tip
Well for your information when I said that it means to to a tool bar and spell check :)
Report Post Tip
Ohh and another thing, that was in the story, the man was basicly telling the kid to check up on his writing, would you rather someone sending an invitation, like this, or lke thise?
Report Post Tip
First impressions are an amazing thing in our world and it goes both ways.. Lately, I have seen that new mobsters dont really need much of a first impression to get in a family, other than be able to breathe and make the family some money. I do not agree with this, but it is fact like it or not.

This goes both ways of course, when you are a rhm, or a lhm or even a recruiter for a family.. what kind of first impression do you give for your family name when you approach random thugs on the streets and invite them into your family, using blunt tactics or even trying the slick tactic of offering help, and by the way here is an invite.

Simply put, I bet if we all tightened up recruiting policy, and these unsponsord gangsters started getting shot in the head.. they would quickly learn they need a family and do whatever possibly to get into a family. Its not the english or even the grammer, its the effort and dedication to live and go to the top which makes a great mobster.
Report Post Tip
Given the amount of crew's on the streets today, recruiting is extremely tough for everyone. Throughout each day i see new civilians setting foot on our shores and within minutes they are in a family. Then i see that the recruit has only sent 1 message, 1 fucking message and he is sponsored! This has to be down to the so called 'member whoring'. But with so many families around i doubt it will stop. It's a shame to see this happening but recruiting has became a race, with little or no effort required to to get sponsored.
Report Post Tip
Rampage I think what adrian meant was that your accent makes it hard for others to understand...

Anyways, my thoughts on this are simple.

Talk is cheap, any Thomas, Richard or Harold could easily enough blag their way into a famiglia talking of omerta loyalty and respect, but it means nothing unless they back it up with their actions.

Personally myself, I'd like to see people either being vouched for in order to enter a family, or else they would need to pay a sum of money. What I'm saying is a little off topic, but when it comes down to it, first impressions mean diddly squat, notta, nothing. Unless of course you go tell someone to fuck off, then I'm sure you would make quite the impact.

But as I stated, talk is cheap, I'd prefer to see people getting into families due to their actions, not just words.
Report Post Tip
Well then why do most crew leaders have one liners not accepted?

If you ask me that's a waste then, just tell them to look at this before they send invites. If they are new and don't know squat tell them to take a look, if they are new and disrespectful, I personally wouldn't have them in my crew. But it's up to you fellas.
Report Post Tip
Ohh and I am 100% going on with Cruel, thank you, someone that understands.

Why are so many crewleaders doing that. I do understand that it is tough, but he is right on every target that I am trying to hit. Thank you.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: First impressions, Guidline for Invitations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL