Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 21:30:54
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Rogue Vs Retire. . . Started by: Rhuarc on Apr 20, '09 15:56
I'm aware that I'm putting myself on the "suspicion" list here but please take this as it's meant.

I fucking hate people who retire or suicide, it really does my nut. If you want to leave, at least have the decency to approach someone, probably your leader, and let them know you are offski. They will then get one of their bad boys (or girls, love you Kendra) to shoot you in your face. Then, we can all write stuff like "Best of luck mate, it was a pleasure serving with you". Suicide or Retire, your eulogy will be littered with remarks such as "Why?" or "I wish I'd known you felt like this."

At the tail end of the Teq doing the naughty, I thought about whether what he'd done was more annoying than someone who retired. . .

Conclusion: Nope.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike rogues; I think it's disrespectful to their leader and a lazy way to achieve an aim or aspiration, more often than not the plan is to kill the current leaders. The vast majority of rogues succeed in dying and not a lot else, they rarely change what they want to and rarely die with dignity or respect.

That being said, I can't stress enough how much I fucking hate people who retire and so my point is made, I would rather see a rogue than a retired Mafioso.

I was just curious what people would rather see....

Disclaimer: I have no aspirations to go rogue, it's naughty naughty and I'm good good.
Report Post Tip
I feel the same way but what else could us mobsters. I think we should have some account of cops.
Report Post Tip
I think it would be better to let your crew leader know you wanted out so they could let some one in the family wack you.
Report Post Tip
daloscc, that is true and in fact I did highlight that point, it would be my option and has been on previous characters.

That's not what I'm discussing, I'm asking about whether if you HAD to see one, which would you rather, Rogue or Retire?
Report Post Tip
It's almost always funny when people die, but when someone goes rogue just because they are leaving, then they are probably a moron who sees this as a shoot-em-up game. Then, that moron might be taking the life of someone valuable who contributes to our quality of life.

To me, that is annoying. I would rather see someone retire than demonstrate that it is possible for someone with zero brain cells to train a gun. Nothing chaps my ass worse than that. I know, it is true, but I hate being reminded. A rogue with a purpose is a little different, but quite often we will see some fucktard claim they are doing it because they are standing up for what they believe in, when we all know that is a line of bullshit.
Report Post Tip
No I think it;s fine the way it is, as much as I hate them, it is part a life.

Some people just want to go out with a bang.
Report Post Tip
Oh right. I definetly would rather someone go rouge. The possibility of them killing a CL is exciting.
Report Post Tip

Oh right. I definetly would rather someone go rouge. The possibility of them killing a CL is exciting.

You are treading on treacherous ground, friend. I would recommend you be more careful with your words even in the OOC forum.
Report Post Tip
Rhuarc ask me a question and I am only saying the truth. Just because it is a sad thing to happen and would hate if it would but its still exciting.
Report Post Tip
If people choose to go rogue than that is there choice. A sanction may be put out on the person, if do not follow the rules. For example TheGentlemen went rogue it took about a few days before he was sanction to be killed.
Report Post Tip
what do think about instead of the retire button there be a big house button and people get a chance to break them out of jail and then someone would have a chance to kill them that would be pretty respectable
Report Post Tip
Truth or not Donato its people like you who find it exciting who end up being proers. With words like the ones you spoke you can rest assured that you will be thought of should another rogue pop up.

There is no such thing as a good rogue, be it with intentions or not. They are here to cause destruction to our world. I would rather see someone retire with dignity than die a dishonorable death.
Report Post Tip
I would go rouge if I had a gun! /hint
Report Post Tip
Guess your never gonna get that gun!
Report Post Tip
some mong obv took him seriously :(

Fridge Fridge, Would you care to have a Jager with me..I can't sleep :(
Report Post Tip
Rogues are bad, but honestly we won't see another war for I think quite sometime so they're our last hope of anything out of the ordinary. I don't support people going rogue but it's inevitable to say they won't pop up and that they don't add a little flare. Most targets they intend on hitting are nearly impossible especially any godfather so yep yep.
Report Post Tip
lolcat was dealt with. I have no place in this family for Rogues I simply do not respect them. You rogue and I loose all respect for you, its a pointless way of life. Its selfish as they could be taking the life of someone who acctaully helps the community. Just like Mr Butt_Ox said. Retire is yes annoying but personally I would rather see someone Retire then Rogue.
Report Post Tip
Rogues used to be in important part of this game in terms of leadership turnover, but these days it just messes everyone's flight patterns up for a few hours and not a lot else! Amusing initally, but essentially futile. May as well retire and spend the time doing arts and crafts instead of hunting for a prowack.
Report Post Tip
Just as well this is OOC and isn't in the streets, with all the rouges and looses being bandied around ;)

As for the question, honestly, I don't really get overly frustrated at rogues or retirals. They're both just part of the game.

If I had to remove one, it'd be retirals because I don't actually see the need for the functionality (I suppose it could be enabled for civ/thugs). There will always be rogues, whether people like it or not. We have a game based around power, it's going to happen. They're as much a part of the game as wars, crimes and the streets, regardless of our ideals.

Is it wrong that people get a bit of excitement from a rogue? No, this is a game. We are all at risk and if you are afraid of losing your hard work and spent hours...use them to do something else, this might not be the right place for you.
Report Post Tip
ANnone that does either is probably pretty useless by the time the resort to one of those anyways so they are both stupid, I would rather someone retire though personaly just because I think going rogue isnt going to get you anywhere, its just going to tarnish your reputation once you are dead and you wont be remembered for anything but when you tried to go rogue..
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Rogue Vs Retire. . .
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL