Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 10:23:50
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Following through with the 303. Started by: Squishy on Jan 09, '15 15:20

there is little well known facts about what has led to this ruling without someone having to dig and find out what the 303 has done to deserve this i think it should be made available by an admin (PM or public thread) as to what exactly happened

Sure, its simple.  If you are part of it, then you already know what all (or most) has been done to get to this point.  If you are not, then, why should every single ounce of other peoples business be aired for your entertainment?

Move on dude.

Report Post Tip

As someone who has hated the CP, the TSCOSP, the UN, and every other group of dictators that comes together to take over the game and ruin things for the playerbase as a whole, and as someone who missed the rise of the 303 and has absolutely no feelings about them whatsoever... I hate this just as much

I despise bloodlining, and this? Admin bloodlining? It sets a precedent that I'm not comfortable with. 

Once this step is taken, it can't ever be untaken. Just like DDing someone for shooting a player account made me leery, this makes me leery. It's too much, and it's too far. It may be only the 303 today, but who is it going to be tomorrow? 

Obviously the decision has been made, and me not liking this doesn't matter one whit. But I'm still going to say that this is too far. Because someone needs to.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Jimmy_Shive-Overly

"I despise bloodlining, and this? Admin bloodlining? It sets a precedent that I'm not comfortable with. "

You would think a "You are not welcome here" would work wouldn't you?  We tried polite notices.  We tried warnings.  We tried jails.  We tried admin wacks.  We tried bans.  How many times can someone force themselves into your home and violate it before you do something?  Ask them to stop?  Put up a notice? Put up a more firm warning? Lock the doors?  When locking the doors wasn't enough, whats next? I really would like to know. 

Report Post Tip

You would think a "You are not welcome here" would work wouldn't you?  We tried polite notices.  We tried warnings.  We tried jails.  We tried admin wacks.  We tried bans.  How many times can someone force themselves into your home and violate it before you do something?  Ask them to stop?  Put up a notice? Put up a more firm warning? Lock the doors?  When locking the doors wasn't enough, whats next? I really would like to know. 

You go after the ones breaking into your house. Not their friends who just like to hang out and play video games with them.

The specific actors who are doing this? Go after them. Nail them to the wall. Nobody deserves harassment. 

But to take actions against people purely for once being a part of this group, who like to remember the good parts of their friends, who just want to hang out with people they like? That's too far. 

Report Post Tip

Jimmy_Shive-Overly

You go after the ones breaking into your house.

And the ones on your front lawn cheering them on.  And the ones who helped hold the ladder go get through the window.  And the ones who threw rocks at you when you politely warned the people breaking in.  And the ones who wished you harm in real life.  And the ones who passed around orders to have your neighbors pets killed.  And the ones who graffiti'd vile things on the side of your house.

And also the ones who say "No, the people who do that, I look up to, I support them and their actions, thats how I roll".

But to take actions against people purely for once being a part of this group, who like to remember the good parts of their friends, who just want to hang out with people they like? That's too far.

Why can't they hang out with their friends?  Why can't they remember the good parts of their friends? I'm not sure you understand what is going on here.  

Report Post Tip

Why can't they hang out with their friends?  Why can't they remember the good parts of their friends? I'm not sure you understand what is going on here.  

Because you stated that you're going to bloodline anyone who states that they are - or were ever part of - this group. It's hard to hang out with friends, friends who may have done nothing save wear a particular tag, when they'll be killed for wearing said tag.

This isn't the first time a group has gone out of control. I remember the things Selenity pulled regarding tiggy back when she was an admin. He was banned, rightly, but the rest of the CP was, and are, still free to play.

And you're right, I don't understand some of what's going on here because you're not explaining what these people have done to get you to this point. And I don't need or want to know what they've done. It's none of my business. But if you're going to start admin bloodlining people just for being part of a group, I'm going to say I don't like it. Go after the ones doing this, ban them, kill them, report threats they're making to the authorities. Absolutely. 

I just despise blaming a group as a whole for the actions of a few. 

Report Post Tip

Why u guys need to discuss so much?

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure I like the idea of randomly killing off a person's characters over the course of a year, especially if the actions may or may not have been undertaken by that individual. That just feels like griefing to me.

Report Post Tip

"report threats they're making to the authorities"

This was per our example, this didn't actually happen.  This would have a much more different tone if it was any more than children thousands of miles away who get the lulz out of breaking things and ruining it for those around it.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure I like the idea of randomly killing off a person's characters over the course of a year, especially if the actions may or may not have been undertaken by that individual. That just feels like griefing to me.

I am unwilling to babysit bans on a daily basis.  I am unwilling to ban entire ISPs, cities,states, countries if there are better options.  I am unwilling to spend any more time dedicated to keeping a handful of people at bay.  If bans are not causing people to serious, then an easier alternative is to do it on a much more relaxed schedule - rather than check every day to see what ban failed, I simple check every few weeks on who needs to be killed, saves me hours a week.

Report Post Tip

For the sake of moving the community forward and not allowing former grudges and bad feelings to linger here, I am now closing comments on this thread.

Report Post Tip

How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL