Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:38:53
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Panties in a bunch? A small rant. Started by: Squishy on May 03, '09 17:29
As staff here, we take a lot of abuse by users who are in a highly emotional state. I understand that when you die, you are often really worked up - and lash out at anything that you can find out. Because I understand this - it doesn't mean I appreciate it.

One of the latest fads seems to be bitching about people who have attended the meets and therefor have met the admins.

Just because you have met the admins, doesn't mean you have gained any technical, or social advantages. In a narrow minded twisted mind, you can form assumptions and assume the opposite, but lets face it. It's not that the people who meet admins become godfathers.... it's that people who are so passionate about the game that they GO to meets - are the type of person who gets godfather. There is a huge distinctive difference here.

I'm getting really tired at hearing this.
Report Post Tip
That's right Squishy, kick some ass!
Report Post Tip
Chuckie is too poor to go to the meet yet does have some pretty heart for the game, he can get to Goomba no problemo :D
Report Post Tip
Woot Woot. Well said Squishy. If I had a passport and wasn't so young in my life then I would come and meet you myself :P
Report Post Tip
Squishy, just start POW POWing everyone who bitches!
Report Post Tip
Squishy is a legend
Report Post Tip
Way to say it Squishy! And I do believe I'll be at the meet this year so I'll see you there!
Report Post Tip
Exactly the reason I do not wear panties.
Report Post Tip
Ya go squishy, you tell them sorry complainers! :D
Report Post Tip
Hands spoons and tissues out to the nearest people.

Support and sucking up are two different things. Learn to establish the difference you lot.

Aside from that, I have to say I don't think you're being quite fair Squishy. By saying it's the people who are passionate about the game who go to meets, you're implying that people who apparently don't care so much for the game don't go, which isn't the case. People who have the money and the time spare go to the meet. Plenty of people would like to go, but money is always an issue in these hard times.

I have to say, it must just be more of a coincidence that the three longest serving godfathers all went to the meet and had a jolly time shooting people last time. Enjoyable for everyone, I'm sure.
Report Post Tip
He didnt imply that all the people who dont go aren't passionate about the game, all he said was the people that DO take the time to go do so because they love the game. They care enough about it to take time out of there daily lives and pay to travel and go meet each other, that shows there attitude towards the game which is why they are "the longest serving godfathers" because they care most about the game and they spend time working on it.
Report Post Tip
Even if it is not what Squishy was impyling, it's definately what you've just been implying. :/
Report Post Tip
Nice one Squishy.
Report Post Tip
How did I imply that at all? that would be a silly thing to do seeing as I don't go to the meets :S
Report Post Tip
I once met Tony Blair, he said hello to me and shock my hand, I was very happy for a few days afterwards till the post came through and to my horror, I still had to pay the poll tax :(

Anyone who believes the admins are cheaters should pack their bags and leave. Simple.
Report Post Tip

...that shows there attitude towards the game which is why they are "the longest serving godfathers" because they care most about the game and they spend time working on it.

I take some offence to that. You do realize that there are people that would love to go to meets, dream of it even, but due to life's circumstances cannot go. This does not mean that they do not care about the game enough to go. This does not mean that they work any less than those that do go. This does not mean they have not given of themselves and their pockets. This does not make them care or work any less than those that are fortunate enough to go.

Just because one does not rank to Godfather does not mean they do not care, are not as passionate, about the game as much, if not more, than those that do get to go.

Rank has nothing to do with going to a meet. Rank has everything to do with dedication, hard work, and passion...

Being able to arrange or go to a meet is an "extra curricular" activity and is in no way a means of measuring passion, dedication, or hard work.
Report Post Tip
Im not allowed in New Jersey. Mama says theres too much polution and dirt. But anyways if you want GF play smart and play well!
Report Post Tip
I co-sign Gravol.
Report Post Tip
This is true but I also will say being the best Godfather ever since I was, it's over rated to be a godfather. (I'm kidding, show some respect to the admins, they bust ass and let us pay for FREE!)
Report Post Tip
Isn't paying for free a contradiction in terms?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Panties in a bunch? A small rant.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL