Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 07:15:41
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
What do you think about Facebook? Started by: Twingy on May 05, '09 10:41

Facebook is good for what it is, but you definitely have to set limitations on it. Things like - don’t engage with strangers, Keep it positive, realize that not everything is true on there and it tailors to your interests - so I think it can make you pretty narrow minded.

but yeah - all that said I’m still a pretty regular user.

Report Post Tip

I like it enough to have it but hate it enough to never get on it. Yet I post very rarely and never about anything important.

Report Post Tip

I honestly hate facebook, people give twitter a bad name for toxicity, but i see facebook as no different.   Don't remove fake news, don't remove fake accounts unless violate standards, don't give a flying fck about it's users just money.     I think what started as something amazing, just became a festering blight on the world

Report Post Tip

I use facebook to occasionally scroll through the feed but it's mainly just for messenger as most of my friends and family are there. I wish they all could move to other better platform but it's like asking for the impossible. ** cough ** discord ** has best push notifications **

Report Post Tip

Thanks to my X-wife I no longer have a facebook account

and do you know what I have to thank her for that because it was a big ass waste of time.

This game is all the chatting that I partake in.

Report Post Tip

I use it, but it doesn't manipulate me.

Messenger helps a lot.

As far as it concernes people share personal moments, if they don't have a problem so do i.

Report Post Tip

Don't really use it anymore. Mostly use it to browse the marketplace when I'm looking for something to buy. Only reason I keep my account is to stalk people I knew in the past and see what they're up to. 

Report Post Tip

Recently deleted it, i was scrolling for hours and found myself doing it one day and i felt like a crack addict lol

Report Post Tip

I only find it useful now for watching videos that I usually wouldn't see in TV. Especially sports videos from different countries. 

Aside from that it is quite convenient to be able to check on what's happening in the lives of friends you don't see frequently, although i don't add shit to my own so they don't have the same ability!

Report Post Tip

Never liked it. Never really used it. Never saw why I need to show everything where I went or waht I did or what pictures I got. The people I want close to me would already know that in person.

Report Post Tip

I used it to keep up with my family and internet friends but realised during the last election and during the pandemic that a lot of these people weren't the type I'd want to spend time with IRL so I unfriended about 100 people and just lay low. 

Report Post Tip

Don't really use it much at all. Feels more 'dated' than all others out there, somehow, and it's generally just full of crap I don't particularly want to see. Handy if you need a reminder of people's birthdays, though. 

Report Post Tip

Never really managed to get into it despite basically everyone else I know having gotten it and used it constantly. Probably a lot of pictures I still need to see, should check it again I suppose.

Report Post Tip

I am so glad I am not the only one who found this so interesting. I deleted my Facebook and after a month I forget people use it sometimes and people will bring it up and I’m like, “oh wow. Crazy” 

Report Post Tip

ah well for me facebook died many years ago. It's not another social media's fault tho, its just that the facebook model got or seem to be so old, the format, the interactions... Other social medias are more dynamic the way i see it...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It can be handy to keep in touch with friends, but it pretty much became a evil lair where fake news and twisted propagands get the mind of naive idiots

Report Post Tip

Personally,  I think Facebook could be a great tool for people to connect as I am sure most people do. However, in this day and age with all of the people posting fake things or fabricated material I think it can be a pretty toxic place for people.

It does some good and some bad like most social media sites. 

Report Post Tip

I use it mostly for information. I am in quite a few useful, knowledgeable groups that are on topics of interest to me. That and keeping in touch with family from far away

Report Post Tip
Well... Facebook is an app, a plataform, a base centre for human minds to comunicar,express themselfs. So... it can be great as tragic, just imagine the type of dna that you allow into your life. Up to you...
Report Post Tip

It is mostly the epitome of hypocrisy and showing a life that you don't actually have.

I wish msn still existed so I wouldn't have to have an account.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What do you think about Facebook?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL