Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 14:01:39
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Halcyon Lounge Started by: Kari on Feb 01, '15 02:44

As Kari heads into the Penobscot Building located in the heart of Downtown Detroit's financial district, she can't help but be a bit overwhelmed by its grandiosity. Construction on the 47 story Art Deco building began in 1927 ended in 1928. Of course, that was before she moved to Detroit. 

At first, Kari was devastated to learn that her branch of the family was leaving its native Chicago, to expand into Detroit. Yet, the family was supportive and they opened Kari’s eyes to all the opportunities it would present. With a new outlook, she quickly began saving money so she could capitalize on the move, and help the family expand and grow throughout Detroit. Kari began to work feverishly to bring her plans to fruition. It was her dream to create something elegant and classy; a place where the upper echelon of Mafioso from her own family and visiting families could unwind or talk business without being overheard by the wrong kind of people. 

Kari hesitates for only a moment longer before walking into the handsome building; her equilibrium slightly out of whack after just staring up at the sheer height of it. The granite base and Indiana Limestone only add to its might and charm. She smiles politely at a passerby as she makes her way into an elevator. Thankfully, it's void of anyone; after Kari hits the button for the 22nd floor, she nervously slides her hands over her torso and hips trying to smooth out the growing creases forming on her stylish black dress. 

As the elevator slowly begins its ascent, Kari finds her mind racing at lightning speed going over everything one last time.

The main room has been turned into a bar/lounge. The bar itself is sleek black marble with a half dozen matching cushioned bar stools. It has also been stocked with the finest liquors, wines, and ales from around the world. One can also purchase fine cigars if they have the desire to. In the center of the room pushed against a back wall is a small stage. A pristine black piano sits on the stage along with a single microphone. Comfortable looking Paimio Arm Chairs litter the room in an artistic circular fashion around trendy coffee tables. The overall ambiance is one of relaxation and socialization, with its low warm lighting and comforting glow.     

On the right side of the stage are the bathrooms, one for each gender.  Both smell strongly of cleaning products as each bathroom has been thoroughly scrubbed; everything from the toilets to the tile floors glisten in the pale lighting.

The final touch to the place was added at the last minute. Sitting across from the bar and by the windows is a memorial wall and fountain. The downtown Detroit skyline can be seen in all its glory. During the daytime, rays of sunshine bounce off the white marble wall and fountain causing it to look angelic in its brightness. In the evening hours the low lighting shines in a respectful afterglow.

As Kari reaches the 22nd floor, the elevator dings loudly snapping her out of her revere. Kari steps into the hallway and heads left until she sees one of her hefty bodyguard’s Vinny, manning the door. He nods respectfully at her and says, “Hello boss lady,” with a cheeky smile.  

Kari nods back and tries to return the smile, but her jaw seems to have stopped working properly and she can only manage a half smile. Vinny looks at Kari, concern marring his beefy face. It would look comical in any other situation but right now Kari’s nerves have gotten the best of her. “They’re gonna love it, I just know it,” Vinny says encouragingly, while opening the door.

This time Kari manages a smile that reaches her eyes, “Thanks Vinny,” she murmurs meaningfully. Before Kari steps inside she glances up at the name written above the door. The Halcyon Lounge, which means calm and peaceful. It shines brightly back at her in fancy golden lettering and Kari’s smile widens. She secretly take a moment to thank her awesome friends and family for their input and support and then Kari heads through the double doors, finding her own inner peace.

As Kari enters the lounge she sees a slew of people waiting for her over by the memorial wall and fountain and Kari makes her way over to them. “Thank you all for coming,” she says making eye contact with each of those present. Kari’s eyes find Crew Leader Cloud’s and he nods at her encouragingly. Then they shift to Louis-Man’s son Louis-Manciagli and pause on him for a beat before Kari turns to the others present. DiamonDz, ReignMan, J-Smith, YourNextWife, Ivyue, and SA all stare at back at her expectantly. Only seconds pass as Kari also takes note of Godfather Ajani from Chicago, Louis-Man’s mentor and two of his family members who once lived among us, and are dearly missed; MsLiar and young Gideon.

“I would like to have a moment of silence for our beloved Detroit Godfather Louis-Man, may he rest in peace,” Kari says, and as one, the group respectfully bows their heads in silent remorse. Kari watches as the minute of silence ends and people study the wall with its bold writing and a chiseled image of Louis-Man below, both overlooking the fountain.

“Louis-Man may no longer be with us but his spirit and heart live on in us all, especially in his son young Louis who has recently joined our family. It is with great honor that I present to you the Louis Memorial Wall and Fountain along with The Halcyon Lounge. I encourage you all to stay and mingle as others should be arriving soon,” Kari says looking around at the small gathering.

Kari nods over to the piano player and sultry female lounge singer to let them know they can began to play easy listening music. As Kari glances around she notes that some continue to remember Louis-Man and pay their respects, while others head off to explore the lounge and get a drink. Kari looks to the door just in time to see Vinny opening it for her first guests and can only hope this will be the start of a grand business for the Detroit Mafioso.

Report Post Tip

Gideon looks around at his former family members even the though he may be doing his work he would always be brothers with them after all they were the ones who kept him safe

Gideon participated in the moment of silence for Godfather Louis-Man that Kari was hosting

May his soul rest in peace and his children make this life of ours a better one

Report Post Tip

Karmen had gotten a notice from her good friend Kari, in Downtown, Detroit, that she had finally opened her lounge, and she had called it The Halcyon Lounge. She remembered Kari asking her which name sounded the best, and giving her advice. She was pretty surprised that Kari picked the name that Karmen had favorited out of all the others. 

In her bedroom, Karmen sat on her bed for a few minutes staring into her closet, imagining in her head going through her clothes, picking out the perfect outfit. She got up when she had mentally picked the outfit and grabbed from her closet a red dress, with a halter strap that tied at the back of the neck, and three inch black high heels. She grabbed a pair of black tights out from one of her dresser drawers, and laid the outfit down across her bed.

She walked over to her vanity and started applying her makeup, starting with powder, then kohl eyeliner, and ending with a little blush, red lipstick, and some mascara on her eyelashes. Her hair was curly naturally so she just left it down, and then quickly got dressed after taking a glance at the clock and realizing she was running late. She had told her bodyguard Cash to wait outside of her closed door, and that when she opened it she would be ready to leave. Opening her door, she saw Cash, and he said, "Ready, Ma'am?"

Nodding her head yes, they walked down the stairs and out the front door, and he opened the door of her car for her, closed it, then walked around to his side and got in to drive her to the lounge. It was a longer drive than she figured it would be: twenty-five minutes. By the time they arrived at the lounge she had been tapping her fingers together in impatience for about fifteen minutes.

She decided she didn't want to wait for Cash to come around and open her door so she said, "I can get the door, Cash, thank you. I'll be ready to go in about two hours, and I will call if it will be later than that! Bye!"

Karmen was pretty proud of herself for managing to get out of the car without breaking one of her heels, so she gave herself a mental pat on the back, then walked in through the door massive building that apparently housed the Lounge in it somewhere. When she got inside, she quickly spotted the elevator, and got in. There was a label beside the 22nd Floor button that said Halcyon, so she clicked that one and waited what felt like hours until the door finally opened. She took a slow step outside, looked down the hall to her right, and didn't see a bodyguard, so she turned to her left and hoped that she was right.

Walking down the hall, she quickly spotted a large man guarding a door, and she automatically assumed that must be the door to the lounge.

"Hello there, I'm KarmenKayne," she said to the man. "I'm a friend of Kari's and she invited me here.. If I'm not allowed that's fine.. I can leave.. It was quite a dri..."

She was cut off from her rambling when the man opened the door for her and let her in, so she walked in quickly and saw all of the people that had already arrived. She took a look around at the lovely interior of the lounge. The sleek-looking bar with the marble counter, the barstools sitting next to it, the memorial wall dedicated to Louis-Man, the late Godfather of Downtown, Detroit, and then the amazing lights of Downtown, glowing through the window.

After she looked over everything, she scanned the room again to find Kari, and when she spotted her in her beautiful black dress, she walked up to her, gave her a quick hug, and said, "This place looks amazing! I'm glad you invited me to come here on the opening night! You did a fantastic job. So, wanna' take a shot with me? We have to get this started the right way!"

Report Post Tip

door of the massive building*

Report Post Tip

Cloud enters the lovely lounge and meets Kari just inside. He adjusts his tie and takes off his hat.

"Kari what a wonderful place you have here! This place will be booming in no time."

Kari smiles at him and they hug. She then proceeds to give him a tour of the place. Walking around in awe of the beauty and masterful work put into the establishment. Leading back to the bar Cloud takes a seat and orders.

"Your finest scotch please my dear, aged well."

Cloud smiles and nods at Kari in anticipation.

Report Post Tip

After receiving a notification Mave makes her way to Detroit, up to the 22nd floor, to see her friend's grand opening. She tries to find something formal enough for the occasion, coming up with a simple black shirt and matching skirt with her scuffed sneakers. It would have to do. Seeing that Kari is busy with others, she waits her turn by the bar, asking the tender for a rum and coke.

Report Post Tip

Joey had heard that Kari was Lounge and he was intrigued. He picked up a newspaper in Chicago  and began to read, and on the front page, was Kari's place of business- The Halcyon Lounge! He thought to himself that's awesome! I hope it does well! I wonder what it will look like....knowing her, it will be way more elegant and elaborate than I could think of. He read that it was housed in a 47 story building and it was located on the 22nd floor!

When Joey got home, he grabbed the mail. He had smelled something very pretty. He sifted through the mail and there was a very decorated, elaborate and elegant letter that read:

You presence is requested the the lovely Kari

at the 

Halycron Lounge

on the Second Day of February, Nineteen Hundred, Twenty-Eight.

Please dress nicely and we will see you there!

Joey knew then that the wonderful smell had to be Kari's perfume that she had spritzed on the letter. 

He quickly gathered one of his favorite and best suits and headed for Chicago Municipal Airport (Now called Midway for those that like some history). He bought the plane ticket and headed to Detroit. Once he landed, he looked to the building, which wasn't too hard to find, because he remembered the 47 story building.

Once there, he pushed the "22" on the elevator button and he arrived on the floor shortly. A burly man by showed Joey into the lounge and he recognized a bunch of people. He went around the room and greeted everyone that was there, and payed his respects to Louis-Man. He caught up with Kari  and gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek and said, "Kari, this lounge is absolutely fantastic. It has far surpassed what I thought it was going to be. I will let you get back to everything, as I am sure you're busy. I'll just be in the back by the bar, sipping on a whiskey."

Report Post Tip

Archy had just landed in Detroit not too long ago, he had some business to take care of and an invite that Astro received on his behalf last night. The invite was from his dear friend Kari to the grand opening of The Halcyon Lounge in downtown Detroit. Archy thought about it, but he decided first to finish his business and then head to that lounge where he could have some rest and enjoy his time before leaving Detroit once again. He could use some release and a few drinks too.

As Archy's long day passed away, he went around looking for Astro who was lurking at the Zoo, flirting with a female camel. Archy goes to him and pokes him, but apparently Astro was too occupied to pay any attention to his friend, Archy decided to leave him be and just search for the invite in one of his numerous pockets, after a while rummaging through a few ones, Archy finally found the invite he kicks Astro's hoof but gets no reaction.

"Fuck you Astro, hope the guard sho's you away."

Archy open the envelope and reads the invite once again and carefully reads it checking the address. He then puts it in his pocket and makes his way out of the Zoo, where he stops a cap and gives him the directions to Kari's lounge. Once there, he gets out and pays the fare, before examining the 47 story Penobscot  building in front of him, after admiring the construction of the building he decided to walk in and head to the elevator, he walks by the door guy whom Archy asks for the location of the lounge.

"Do you know where can I find the Halycron Lounge please?"

The guy smiles at Archy and replies with a nod

"It's on the 22nd floor sir."

Archy tips his hat at the guy and continues his walk to the elevator, he presses the "call" button and waits a few seconds for the elevator to get down, once inside he pressed the button for the 22nd floor and waits as the elevator ascends, while waiting Archy turns around to the mirror behind him, he straightens his suit and tie only to her the ding of the elevator indicating that he arrived to his destination. Archy walks out and looks around checking which way he should move after noticing the bright sign reading "The Halycron Lounge" he moves that way. Archy looks around admiring the freshly established place, it looked neat and elegant at the same time. Archy felt delighted being in a place like that, he notices the bar to his right and walks towards it. He takes a seat on a stool at the bar, it felt comfortable resting on the cushioned stool, he moves his hand on the marble bar, it felt so soft and shinny despite the dark color. He points to the bartender.

"I'd like a Bay Breeze shot please?"

Archy waits for the guy to get his cocktail ready, he then grabs the glass and makes his way to the window across from the bar. he examines the fountain and then the statue, then makes his way to the window. It's such a delightful view of all Detroit from such a high place. Archy then takes a sip off his drink then puts it on the edge of the window next to him as he grabs an ashtray from a nearby table and lights himself a cigarette. He takes a deep drag off his cigarette then another sip of his drink and continues to smoke his cigarette and enjoy his drink.

Report Post Tip

Louis-Manciagli had been drinking scotch by the bar with Cloud and Kari for some time now. He was really feeling the effects of the liquor at this point, and his mind began to wonder off as he looked over towards the memorial of his fallen father. He thought about how proud his father would be to see Kari put together such a thing to honor him. Louis's father was a very complex and determined man, but all he wanted was to help provide for his friends, family, district, and to protect them and allow them to enjoy the great things in life the Mob has to offer.

"Heya Kari and Cloud," Louis hiccups.

"Yes Louis" Kari says beaming at him. Cloud turns his head to listen to the drunken Goomba.

"I want to thank you for all you've done for me since my father died, I knew my father well and he would be as baffled and honored as I am to see such a memorial like this. You've really outdone yourself here, this place is marvelous and fitted for Kings and Queens. How about another round on me? Bartender..."

Report Post Tip

Kari hugs Cloud warmly back after the small ceremony. "Thanks so much for all your support Cloudy," Kari says as Cloud offers her an arm so she can lead him around to tour the Lounge. It isn't long before the duo winds up at the bar and Cloudy orders a scotch, while Louis-Manciagli appears to be well on his way to his second or third drink. After a while of drinking and talking at the bar Louis thanks Kari and Cloud with a heartfelt yet somewhat intoxicated speech. Kari then turns to young Louis and says, "The honor is all mine Louie. Your father was a great man and without his teachings and belief in me I would not be where I am today in this family. I'm really glad you both like the place, consider it a second home and help yourself to anything you need. Neither one of you pays here." Kari notices Cloud  and Louis both looking momentarily bemused  at her, but spots Karmy walking into the Lounge and dashes off to greet her before they can raise protest.

Kari hugs KarmenKayne tightly back, "Thanks so much for coming Karmy," she says smiling brightly. "Sure lets do a shot, first one is on the house!" After doing her shot with Karmy, tequila for herself and vodka for Karmy she excuses herself. "I'll be back in a bit Karmy, you can't get me drunk yet. I've got to greet loads of other people! I'll meet up with you again as soon as I can; for now please feel free to explore  and mingle," Kari says brightly to Karmen and then with a squeeze of Karmy's hand runs off to meet the others pouring in.

Kari doesn't have to look far as she turns around quickly she almost runs headlong into Mave who just received a rum and coke. "Mave!" Kari cries excitedly. Kari proceeds to hug Mave with enthusiasm. "You look great Mave! I want to catch up with you and Karmy as soon as I can, I promise I'll be back later," but before Kari can fully depart JoeyC walks up to her and gives her a giant hug from behind making her laugh and she blushes at his kind words. "Thanks for coming Joey it's great to see you, I'll be back soon," Kari says and leaves while Joey slides up to the bar to order. 

Walking up next to Archy Kari hugs him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. Then she takes a moment to relax and look out at the hypnotic downtown lights glowing back at her cheerily before speaking. "Thanks so much for stopping in after you're business meeting. I wasn't sure if you'd come or not but I'm really glad you have. Please feel free to stop in anytime you're in town and looking for a drink. I hope you find everything to your liking. Please let me know if there is anything else I can get you."

Report Post Tip

Nearly spilling her drink by the surprise enthusiastic hug from Kari, Mave grins and sets down her glass, hugging her back. She doesn't have time to get a word in to congratulate Kari before she rushes off, only to be stopped by Joey. Mave smiles and shakes her head, lifting her glass up again and taking a sip of smooth rum and coke. She's sure Kari will find her way back around after she's finished with her other business. 

Report Post Tip

Kari and Karmen quickly took a shot, and then Kari told her that she had to greet a ton more people, squeezed her hand, and then took off towards the door, leaving Karmen to take a closer look at the lounge. So she walked towards the memorial that had been set up for Louis-Man, the late Godfather. She knew that he was never really a big fan of getting his picture taken, according to her Mom, so she wondered how Kari had managed to get this one. Then again Kari could get anyone to do anything. She was just good like that!

After looking at the picture, she stepped to the side to look out the window at the city lights. She never realized until it was dark just how big Detroit actually was. Buildings and lights spanned for what could be miles upon miles, and it looked like they never ended. She could look out the window all night but she really wanted to drink. That's what she came here for anyways, to drink and have fun with friends, and congratulate Kari on the lounge!

She turned away from the window, and realized how many more people had shown up while she had her back to the party. Walking up to the bar, she waved over at JoeyC, Louis-Manciagli, Cloud and Archy, who were all standing in the same general area. When she got closer to the bar, she saw Mave at the bar, sipping what looked like a glass of coke. She could only assume there was some sort of good alcohol in there. No one comes to a lounge to drink soda!

"Hey, Mave! How's it going tonight?" She asked her, sitting next to her at the bar. "Hey Bartender, could I get a Martini with an Olive please? Thank you!"

She then turned back to Mave and said, "You look great! This is an awesome looking place, huh? And Kari seems very excited, so that's great to see as well!"

Report Post Tip

Archy smiles at the sight of Kari, and hugs her back. He was happy he could meet her before leaving the place.

"Why wouldn't I? I would've regretted not coming to be honest, you have a wonderful place here, I love the view, the marble bars and the cushioned stools. You've done a splendid job with the place here."

Archy takes a moment to look out of the window and enjoy the view before bringing his glass off the window and drinking the rest of his drink, he reaches for his silver watch that Curtis had given him earlier and it seems he's late for his flight, so he puts the glass down on the nearest table with a fifty dollars bill below it, then smiles at Kari and shakes her hand.

"I'm sorry Kari I can't stay much longer, I got some errands to do. But I shall be back soon though."

Archy kisses Kari on the cheek before straightening his suit and heading to the escalator

Report Post Tip

The sun set unusually quickly and the moon became bright. The stars lit up the night sky and the light reflected off the puddles in Detroit. It had been a miserable day, it started raining early and it kept raining constantly. Probably why the day seemed so dark and dull. But thankfully as the sun set the grey clouds left and were only seen in the far out distance. Hoping to finish the day on a high, Phantom walked about Detroit looking for a nice bar with the finest drinks. He spotted numerous bars and he quickly made up his mind and wandered up to the The Halcyon Lounge door. He glared in through the window. The building looked incredible modern.

Phantom walked into the The Halcyon Lounge, the black marble floor caught his eye immediately. He lumbered over to the cushioned bar stools and collapsed down on to one. Phantom was slouching on the stool, he nearly fell over. It had been a busy day for Phantom, his eyes were about to close shut. He forced himself up and went to the bathroom. He dragged his feet along the ground towards the sink, where he began to splash cold water into his face. It woke him up immediately, the cold refreshing water felt amazing. He rubbed the water into his cheeks and took several deep breathes. Phantom left the bathroom a new man. Refreshed and reinvigorated he wandered back to the bar stool, sat up straight and waited for the bartender to come over to him, so he could order his drink. 

Report Post Tip

YourNextWife stares out the window contemplating everything that has happened over the past few weeks. She had somehow stumbled into the mafia life, most of the people she has met have mothers and fathers leading their footsteps but she is the first of what she believes to be a long future for her and her kin. Since her family has all passed on, this is her home and family now, and she couldn't be happier.

YourNextWife takes a deep breath and finishes her glass of whiskey before meandering over to the bar to order another drink. She overhears Louis' drunken speak and smiles to herself as she remembers when his father had introduced himself to her and invited her into the family. She grabs her refilled glass of whiskey and walks over to say hello, as soon as she approaches Kari runs off in a hurry before she could give her a hug and congratulate her. 

YourNextWife sits in Kari's still warm seat, takes a drink of her whiskey and looks at Cloud and Louis-Manciagli and says "I want to thank the both of you." She looks at Cloud, "Thank you Cloud for stepping up and keeping our family together in a time of chaos. You're doing a fantastic job and I look forward to working with you." Then she turns to Louis, "I never got to tell your father thank you for everything, so I am telling you. I would probably be somewhere in a ditch dead if your father hadn't picked me up and showed me the way." She downs the rest of her drink and orders another. "That really is one hell of a memorial."  

Report Post Tip

DiamonDz was sitting next to the bar with her usual Vodka in tow admiring the Halcyon Lounge quietly to herself,

She was so proud to see how far Kari had come to get where she was today, she had really worked her butt off and DiamonDz really couldn't be nothing but happy for her, she was an awesome person who strived to do whatever she could.

It had really made DiamonDz take a good look at herself at what she wanted to accomplish. The last few weeks had really hit her hard, she didnt think that she would lose one of her closest friend Louis-Man and with that came many new challenges that she had to face, she was always close to a bar lately trying to hide from the world, although it never did work especially with her family some how they always knew where to find her.

Soaking in the quietness she had for a few seconds, she mentally told herself to "harden the hell up" and to just relax because the work she had to complete was gonna have her busy on toes in the time to follow. Turning to the bartender

Can you please just pass me the Bottle of Vodka, its time to party:D

Report Post Tip

Cloud sips his scotch and looks for Kari, but she is off entertaining some other guests. He finished his drink quickly. The stocked bar looked rather tempting to him so he contemplates hopping the bar and mixing another drink. However if Kari caught him he would be dead meat! He thinks for a moment.

"Louis! Man how are you? Think would could do me a solid and distract Kari for about 5 mins?"

"Sure thing! I'm always distracting the ladies." Louis said with a confident tone.

Once Cloud notices her focus is on Louis he hops the bar and starts looking through the various types of alcohol stocked by the establishment. What he finds astounds him.

- Various Beers from around the world.
- Hard Cider
- Mead
- Sake
- Various Wines from around the world
- Absinthe
- Gin
- Mezcal
- Various Rums, Dark, White, Spiced.
- Tequila, two fingers and jose cuervo
- Various Vodkas including Grey Goose.
- Various Whiskys, Bourbon, Canadian, Irish, Japanese, Rye, Scotch and Tennessee.
- Brandy and Cognac
- Berry liqueurs
- Chocolate liqueurs
- Coffee liqueurs
- Cream liqueurs
- Crème liqueurs
- Flower liqueurs
- Fruit liqueurs
- Herbal liqueurs
- Honey liqueurs
- Nut flavored liqueurs

Cloud obviously a little overwhelmed mixes himself a rum and coke. Just then he notices that Louis' charm is waning on Kari, and she's making her way back to the bar. He quickly jumps back to the front of the bar and sits on a stool.

"Hey Kari, love the new place hun!" Cloud says while smiling sheepishly.

"Next time you are behind my bar make me a drink too!" Kari says half smiling.

Cloud looks stunned and is speechless.

Report Post Tip

Kari watches Archy leave hoping he'll be back soon when they have a chance to visit more.

Next she walks over to Phantom and introduces herself while welcoming him to the lounge. "Thanks for stopping in. If there is anything you need please let me, or one of the staff know. I hope you enjoy your experience here and know that you're welcome back anytime."

With that said Kari looks up and notices YourNextWife sitting over with Louis-Manciagli and Cloud, and makes her way over to greet Wifey. "Hey Wifey, I missed you earlier. So glad I spotted you now! Looks like one of use will need to get Louie home safely at the rate he's going!"

At that moment Kari looks up to see DiamonDz holding a bottle of vodka in her hand and teetering around the room. She snorts to herself in amusement and pulls her over to the small crowd of people by Louie. "I don't know what I'm going to do with the pair of you," Kari notes shaking her head and laughing.

Kari realizes she hasn't made her way back to check on KarmenKayne and Mave yet, so she excuses herself and hopes that Wifey can keep the drinkers in line for a bit; however, Kari notes that Wifey herself has been friendly with the whiskey tonight. 

As Kari heads towards her new destination she takes note of Karmy and Mave chatting away. "Thanks again for coming ladies. It was wonderful to have you here at the opening. Please stop in anytime you're in Detroit. I'd love to get to spend more time with you both when you're in town for business." Kari spends several more minutes chatting with the women. 

As Kari's about to head to the bar to get a drink of her own and relax a bit, Louie takes her by the arm and leads her away. Kari arches an eyebrow, bemused at him as he tries to blink her into focus. He starts slurring out idle chatter about nothing in particular and squinting at a point over Kari's shoulder.

Kari cocks her head to the side just enough to see Cloud studying the various alcohols behind the bar and tries to keep a smile from spreading across her face. Of course Cloud would ask Louie to be his cover for something like this; Kari should have known. Patting Louie on the shoulder, Kari heads back to the bar.

As Kari reaches Cloud she leans against the smooth marble bar-top. "Next time you are behind my bar make me a drink too!" Kari tells Cloud fighting her amusement, even though she still can't hide a half smile. It's worth it just to see Cloud's expression and Kari does all she can to stop from bursting out laughing.

No longer able to keep a straight face she smirks pouring herself a drink. Kari really does have the best family and friends she could have ever met in this mafia world!

Report Post Tip

YourNextWife laughs at Kari's comment about Louie's drinking and says "I got the number to a cab company and I'll make sure anyone who needs to get home, get's there safely, or possibly just host a huge family sleepover at my house since I have quite a few spare rooms and some comfy couchs." 

YourNextWife starts to slow up her drinking so that everyone else can have a good time while someone keeps a straight head. She notices Cloud say something to Louis-Manciagli and Louie stumbles off towards Kari. She watches Cloud jump over the counter and starts laughing to herself thinking she should have thought of that. She decides to just stay back and watch everything play out.

After Cloud had jumped back over the bar and smooth talked his way out of getting in trouble with Kari, YourNextWife walks over to Cloud and asks him what he found back there. Cloud rattles off the plethora of alcohols that he found back there. Her jaw drops at the sheer volume of what was back there and decides to try her luck at hopping back there and making herself a drink. 

YourNextWife looks for Kari and sees her chatting with some people she had never seen before and Kari had seemed pretty involved in the conversation so she jumps behind the bar and makes herself a Screaming Orgasm which consists of equal parts Vodka, Almond Liqueur, Irish Cream and Coffee Liqueur. She writes a note for Kari that says "Wifey was here" and jumps back over the counter and sits next to Cloud and looks over at Kari who is still engrossed in her conversation. She looks over at Cloud and smiles saying "Now that's how you sneak over and make yourself a drink without getting caught. Sending the Louie over was your first mistake. She knew exactly what was going on when Louie went over, you gotta wait for the moment, not try to make the moment." She giggles as she always does when she has been drinking and takes a sip of her screaming orgasm, "Yep, I should become a bartender."

Report Post Tip

SamUnderwood heard that Kari was having a grand opening.  He goes into the bathroom and shaves so that his face is smooth for this lovely evening. 

"I gotta look good this evening for Ms. Kari's Grand Opening of her Halcyon Lounge."

He goes into his bedroom and looks in his closet and wonders which suit he should pick tonight. I'll probably wear the tuxedo tonight.  He puts on his clothes and starts to put on his tie.  He struggles with it for a few minutes until he had it on perfectly.  He goes over to the shoe rack and picks out the shiniest pair.  He slides his feet into the shoes and ties them and takes one last look in the mirror and thought something was missing.  He goes into the bathroom and grabs some gel and brushes his hair to the right.  There was a cowlick sticking on top of his head.  He tried to comb it down but it just stayed there. He ignored that and just walked back out and grabbed his wallet and jacket and heads outside. He waves for a taxi. The taxi stops right in front and he gets in.

"To the Grand Opening."

He gets out the cab and pays the driver and takes a deep breathe and opens the door and walks inside the Halcyon Lounge.  He sees a lot of new faces, and saw that the boss was there.  He walks over to where the boss was, he turns his head around the corner and saw Kari.  He couldn't take his eyes off her.  She was looking absolutely stunning this evening.  

"Can't seem to take my eyes off her.  She is full of surprises."

Cloud in the background is calling my name.  "Hey Sam, glad to see that you made it."  He chuckles and takes a sip of his drink.  He taps Sam on the shoulder a few times, before Sam turns around. "Hey Boss. I was a bit distracted by Kari.  How are you doing?" "I'm good, but your ass better sit down.  We will drink till we need to be carried home" Cloud raises his hand and tells the bartender "Two more scotches over here."

Sam takes a seat and the bartender put the drink in front of him.  He takes off his gloves and puts them on the counter, and grabs the glass and takes a sip.    

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Halcyon Lounge
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL