Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:14
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
weekly tax? Started by: mister_crumpeto on May 19, '09 17:45
should the godmother or father of each city introduce a flat rate tax on each person whos HQ is based there and it depends on your rank/stature. then the godfather/mother could fairly share out the money to all leaders in the city.

This would be instead of the tax that each leader can impose on its members.

please post any additions or if you want to debate the topic, also post.
Report Post Tip
To be honest sounds like a very bad idea
Report Post Tip
I'm not sure it would make sense for a Godfather to collect money from all of their leaders just to divide it up amongst them once more. They'd be better off keeping the money in the first place, wouldn't they?
Report Post Tip
yh i guess. i was just thinking of a way in which each crew member could pay the least amount, but still reap the most benefits, cheeky i know but...
Report Post Tip
Is this like a small market vs. large market analysis? Like should all the small market teams get the same share as the large market teams? Should all crewleaders throw some money in one large pot, then have the money equally divided among each city? I think I like that idea. Then, for instance, I'd get the same amount of money as Philadelphia, only Philadelphia would have to divide it among 4 leaders, and I would just divide it into my multiple accounts. Nice. We should implement this plan immediately.
Report Post Tip
It would mean that the crew members aren't even working for the their Crew Leaders - they'd be working for the GFs/GMs and then in turn THEY would be working for the CrewLeaders. It would be a pretty backwards system. And it makes you a dirty commie.
Report Post Tip
Very true NBF, the system would be corrupt. Soldiers working for the government who are working for the people. No wait wait badly phrased, the governement are supposed to work for the people. So the soldiers who worked for the police who work for us.

Frank thinks over what he saaid and is happy with the way it comes across direct and to the point. I hope.
Report Post Tip
Honestly, I must've missed a point in the speech.

The way I hear it, the GF gets money from all his leaders and then divides it among them. Doesn't that put us back to square one?
Report Post Tip
Adrian it would put you back at square one. Basically the GodFather or GodMother can run his or her city the way they feel fit. No questions asked to put it simple. As my father would have told me "I have no right on questioning my leader choices" but in this case my GodFather or GodMother choice. The taxes are there to provide protection for the GodFather or GodMother to buy their BodyGuards no matter how many they have at this time. The more protection they have surrounding them the safer they are if someone decided to say whatever and start shooting at them. I'm sure there are many other reason for the taxes as well but meh.
Report Post Tip
One of the golden things about a Godfather being present in a city, is that they can choose to do whatever they wish with that city. Throw whatever events, wage whatever war, it's all up to them, they've earnt it.
Report Post Tip
FIne, if you're not willing to go with this plan, I have a better one. All crewleaders should give their money to me. I will put it in one big pot, then divide it among all the leaders. Of course, I charge an 80% fee for my services, but the rest will be divided equally among all leaders.
Report Post Tip
Worst idea ever

<3
Report Post Tip
Dr_Jekyll, I understand your point, and if mister_crumpeto had said something about charging a tax and left it there it would have made sense and be along what you are saying. But if you give back the money, why did you even ask it for in the first place?
Report Post Tip
It would be pointless then in my own opinion. I guess he might be seeing something no one else sees but who knows
Report Post Tip
There is a reason communism has never worked in the past, and a free trade market, with tax's like we have now work. :) No offense, but the idea won't work.
Report Post Tip
What idea? Are you talking about the taxes?
Report Post Tip
Yea. I think this is a bad idea. I think if the GF or GM wants to tax their city they can decide on that.

Should this be in Game Suggestions foruM?!?!?

Joker lights up a cigar and walks off
Report Post Tip
Joker it shouldn't be in the game suggestion area because there is no suggestion that I could truly see
Report Post Tip
Well the way I read it seemed like it. And thats why I put question marks. Haha. I wasnt to sure.
Report Post Tip
Oh Ok
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: weekly tax?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL