Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 15:40:20
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
2012 Started by: Funny_Bunny_Sunny on May 21, '09 20:43
anyone have thoughts about it?

i tell myself not to believe it but in the end I do. there so many ways this is looked at, geo, religion, astronomy, etc...

what's your view point?
Report Post Tip
This is why I rack up as much debt as I can.

Whoever dies with the most debt, wins!
Report Post Tip
Well Funny, if you look at religion for your answer then you will know that Jesus will come back and reign for 1000 years.

Personally I Believe 2012 to be straight BS.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I agree with DorkRourk.

I think everyone will be over-reacting to the paranoia and it will end up being another Y2K.
Report Post Tip
What is this Y2K you speak of ?
Report Post Tip
I can save the world I know how. For 5 easy payments of 99.99$ I will also tell you how to survive it.

Contact my agent ForkRourke for more details.
Report Post Tip
How much is 99.99$? Im thinking about doing this. Im worried :(
Report Post Tip
I am 100% sure that 2012 is real. Or, rather, will be real. I can't imagine us being so mathematically ignorant as to find ourself in 2013 after December 31, 2011.
Report Post Tip
No idea what's supposed to happen in 2012.
Report Post Tip
same here, what is it?
Report Post Tip
Because the Mayans were so smart, which is why they're still the foremost advanced civilization on the face of the planet.
Report Post Tip
It's just a bunch of numerical coincidences that end with 2012. The Mayan Calender apparently ends in the year 2012, and it is commonly thought that on January 1, 2012, our solar system will be level with the Milky Way Galaxy. But people are taking all these things that clearly point to the end of the world taking place in the year 2012.

And to answer Cav's question: When it became the year 2000, it was thought that all the world's computers would crash because none of them would be able to comprehend the three 0's in the number 2000 (seeing as their data is written like '10110010100101' there can't be three 0's or 1's in a row.) They would cause everything electronic to go nuts. The people who believed this freaked out and hid in bunkers on December 31, 1999.
Report Post Tip
I was being sarcastic but thanks. I remember Y2k very well. I was hiding in my submarine outback in my pool.
Report Post Tip
No way! Me too!
Report Post Tip
Wow the Mayans know everything! What's this? the calender stops at 12-21-2012? Oh I guess the world ends... Come on people I suppose they also knew thousands of years ago that world is going to end and at that date, at that exact time to the second.

What a crock of s**t
Report Post Tip
To be honest it sounds like to me the Mayans just didn't have enough paper (er, make that clay or wall to draw on) to continue on the calendar, and instead of risking getting fired the person behind the calendar decided to go the "wise prophet route" and predict the end of the world.

Trust me, there were underachievers and BSers in every era.
Report Post Tip
^Agree
Report Post Tip
Except for this era..I mean c'mon we have Dick Chaney!
Report Post Tip
People have been screaming about the end of the world for millenia. Honestly, I think when it does happen we'll all be caught by surprise of it and that it will be result of either some unexpected catastrophe or us blowing the world up. Or something similar.

If it happened to be on that date though - I know some person somewhere is going to be like "Told ya so!"
Report Post Tip
If it does end I guess everyone who told me "Quit smoking it'll kill you" can eat a big one :P
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: 2012
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL