Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:44:31
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Second Time is Not the Charm Started by: Adrian on May 24, '09 22:40
It was a very cold and windy day in Chicago so Adrian decided to stay home and organize paperwork unless his presence was required at the HQ.

It looked like despite the bad weather, it was going to be a productive day with nothing urgent scheduled for the next 48 hours.
Report Post Tip
Pickles stood out in the blustery cold and shivered. The jacket she had borrowed from Marc was too loose and flapped in the wind, making her feel like a deranged bat. She reached up to secure the fedora TM had given her and looked at the directions he had written on a piece of paper from his office. Even though she had only been here once, she remembered the stone walk way that lead up to the front door and the thick wrought iron gates that were closed against intruders, decorated with an ominous looking calligraphy "G." Eventually, the cold sunk all the way into her bones and she reached to press the small gilt button that would alert the doorman of her presence.
Report Post Tip
Adrian heard the distant sound of the buzzer but didn't pay attention to it since he knew that the guard would attend to it. It was probably a delivery of some sort. Highly doubtful they would need his presence.

He started feeling a little thirsty, so he asked one if his maids to fix him a drink. The maid nodded and dashed off to fill his order.
Report Post Tip
The maid came in with a gin and tonic, looking a little nervous. On her heels came his night bodyguard who looked doubly concerned.

"Sir. A woman is here to see you. She claims she knew Kittie. Says she HAS to speak with you right now."
Report Post Tip
A somber shadow fell over Adrian's face immediately at the sound of Kittie's name. Regardless, he was quick to reply.

"Well, if she knew Kittie, send her in right away."
Report Post Tip
About the time Adrian finished his drink he heard footsteps on the staircase as his bodyguard ascended with the unknown guest. He ushered her in and swiftly left the office, closing the door behind him. The wind battered nymph in front of Adrian wore an awkward array of clothing, topped off with a fedora she swept from her head in one motion. As the hat came down, so did a tangle of black hair and all at once Adrian knew who was standing before him.
Report Post Tip
Adrian sprang to his feet.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

He immediately regretted going with his visceral reaction, but this was after all the ungrateful trollop that turned on him after he cleaned her up, gave her dry clothes and fed her. So his next question was in a slightly softer tone.

"What do you want?"
Report Post Tip
Pickles clung to her hat like it was a life preserver and shuddered.

"I want to talk about Kittie."
Report Post Tip
Adrian fell back to his seat like he had all the weight of the world on his shoulders. As much as he tried, he couldn't feel hate if Kittie's image was in his head. He invited Pickles to sit down across from his desk.
Report Post Tip
The fragile girl tentatively went to sit across from the man she has only met twice. As she sat down she sized him up. From furious monster to grief stricken shadow he changed before her eyes. Adrian was hunched in his chair, staring at papers on his desk. Pickles wanted to speak but had no idea what she should say.
Report Post Tip
After a few seconds, the silence started bothering Adrian and looked up to see if he could gather anything from Pickles' expression. Unfortunately she was looking down, heavy black curls covering her face. Even though he understood it was difficult for her to speak up, the silence finally became unbearable and he cleared his throat in an attempt to encourage her to start talking.
Report Post Tip
Pickles fiddled with the fedora in her lap, trying not to crease it she folded her hands and finally looked up.

"Did you get Kittie killed?
Report Post Tip
A wave of fury suddenly threatened to take over Adrian's body, but he managed to give himself one more chance before jumping to conclusions. After all, he didn't know her relationship with Kittie. Maybe she didn't know how the Mafia worked. Heck! She might not even know what kind of activities Kittie was involved with. He sat back again and tried to appear calmer than he actually was.

"Do you have any idea of what was going on when she was killed? Do you know what Kittie did for a living?"
Report Post Tip
"Yes!" The girl hissed the word like a poisonous snake.

"Kittie was a business woman, she ran restaurants and stuff! She wasn't a low down gangster like you!"
Report Post Tip
Adrian suddenly and perhaps even inexplicably burst out laughing in Pickles' face. He found it amusing that one of the most reputable female mobsters across the country, one whose name would make many goombas and even Made Men tremble and come to their knees in her presence, was able to convince this young girl that all she did was serve food.

But on the other hand... who was he to shatter the clean image Pickles had of his beloved? He decided to try to let her believe that he was laughing at her insult towards him.

"Young lady, you have no idea what you are talking about. Nobody suffered her death more than I did. I can assure you. I had proposed that same week she was killed. She died in an unfortunate shoot out in Las Vegas and at the time I wasn't even allowed to leave Chicago and I have plenty of witnesses. Not that I owe *you* any explanations."
Report Post Tip
"What a dirty liar! All you degos are liars! Kittie would never die like that. Like some mobster." Pickles leapt to her feet, fists clenched so tight her knuckles were bone white.

"I'll bet it was something you did, something you MADE her do that got her killed! You didn't deserve her, didn't love her and you KILLED HER!"
Report Post Tip
Adrian turned purple with fury but drew in several long breaths in an attempt to calm down.

"If she was as clean as you say, then how could I have made her do anything? All I said is that she died in Las Vegas. I never said she died like a mobster.

In any case, you said you wanted to talk about Kittie. If all you came here to do was trying to look for somebody to blame, you knocked on the wrong door, little lady."
Report Post Tip
Pickles' lips were pressed thin, rage shaking her whole body. She wanted to yell at him, she wanted to hit him but all of her emotions were so tangled she wasn't sure what to do first. Her voice came out thin and strained.

"I-I know Kittie did some things. She told me that she used to be married to a gangster. She told me she had done some bad things. But why would Kittie go to Las Vegas and get killed? She said you were so wonderful, she said that you loved her. B-but if you really loved her then why did you let her die?"
Report Post Tip
Adrian looked away as Pickles struck a nerve. Every night Adrian wondered if he could have done anything to save her. He tried to contain the tears building up.

"I wish I could have done something to save her, but believe it or not, we both had higher authorities to answer to. She had no choice but to go to Las Vegas. I had no choice but to stay in Chicago."
Report Post Tip
Pickles brushed hair from her face, her deep blue eyes turning black with fury.

"Y-you. You fucking liar. No choice? You said you LOVED HER!! you should have been the one to die! YOU!"
She screams in wordless anger and throws a crystal ashtray at Adrian.

"Words are just words! If your really loved Kittie like you say then you never would have let her go!"
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Second Time is Not the Charm
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL