Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:12:13
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Nice Try Started by: Pandora on May 27, '09 22:57
Pandora sat on the steps of the Bully's HQ and looked out over dark streets. Nothing made a sound as she pulled out a smoke and flicked her match. The orange glow danced against the darkness that stood in front of her. Quickly she held up the match to the smoke in her mouth and slowly took a drag. Exhaling she watched the smoke rise and then disappear in the darkness.

Starting to relax finally from the hard day she is startled by footsteps from behind her and she stands up quickly. Turning around wide eyed, she takes a step back and nearly trips over the stairs below. Unable to catch herself she sits down hard on the stairs and winces in pain.

Ow.. Son of a.. Prophet! You should know not to sneak up behind people for the love of god man what are you thinking?

Pandora stares up at him as he takes a few steps forward and she shakes her head.
Report Post Tip
Prophet looks up at Pandora in embarrassment, and helps her up. He smiles, then brushes some of the dust of Pandora's coat.

My apologies, ma'am. I wasn't watching where I was walking. I've been a bit out of it today. Sorry!

Prophet looks down, and blushes a little bit as he kicks a small stone down the sidewalk. He notices a small piece of paper crumpled up on the ground, sitting just next to the HQ steps. He picks it up, and straightens it out. He hears Pandora stand up behind him as she takes a look.

Hmm.. What is this?
Report Post Tip
Pandora's eyes light up in delight as she sees the flier in Prophet's hands.<

Hey let me see. Let me see..

With out even thinking she quickly snatches it from him and looks it over. Looking back at Prophet she sees the look of disgust on his face.

Oh.. Umm.. Pay back's for scaring me? She grins and then hands the flier back to him.

You do realize what this means right?
Report Post Tip
Prophet sighs and glares at Pandora. He sees a smirk come across her face as she reads the poster. He drops his head as he hears Pandora's response.

Yes... I know what it means. But this is the LAST TIME. I think I'm starting to get old for these kinda jobs.

Prophet takes a look over the poster once more, then folds it neatly and places it in his pocket. He looks at Pandora, grinning from ear to ear, and sighs again. He looks up at Pandora's eyes and giggles as the two walk back into the HQ to plan their heist.
Report Post Tip
Throwing open the HQ door she turns and looks back as Prophet follows her still shaking his head and grinning. Trying to control her excitement she stops suddenly and quietly claps her hands together and rises on her toes and bounces up and down. Taking a deep breath she regains her composure just as Prophet walks right into her.

Oops.. She turns to him still grinning, and then pauses as he walks around her and head off down the corridor. Scampering after him her heels click loudly against the floor as she catches up.

Hey now you know how excited I get. And that painting wow so pretty. She stops suddenly as Prophet turns around and places a finger up to his lips.

Sorry.. She slows down a bit as she watches him turn the corner and open the door to one of the meeting rooms.
Report Post Tip
Prophet heads down the hall to a large, oak door. He opens the door and holds it for Ms. Pandora as she enters the staircase and starts the walk upstairs. The two slowly walk up the stone stairs two floors, talking about the job at hand.

Yes. The painting is absolutely gorgeous. It will go wonderful with your collection. I'm sure.

Prophet opens the door at the top of the steps for Pandora and the two enter a long meeting room. It has a long maple table down the middle, and branches off into 6 or 7 offices along the side. Prophet goes to his small office and grabs a few items; a map, a pencil, and a ruler. He then walks back around the large table to Pandora's office and sits down next to her.

Nice office. Looks like you finally DID go with those renovations. Looks great.

Prophet kicks the door shut as he lays out the map on Pandora's desk and smiles as her face lights up.
Report Post Tip
Yeah yeah.. Ok let me see.. She traces her finger over the edge of the map and smiles widely as she looks for the best place to start.

Hmm. Well they of course will have the painting in the center of the collection just like they always have all of the PRIZE possessions that are new. So.. Pandora picks up the pencil and taps it on her chin as she thinks. Quickly she pulls it from her face and circles the south entrance.

We start here! The alley way will lead us to the South entrance which is always less guarded. We will take my car to the corner of 26th Street and park a bit down the road. We should be able to go unseen till we get to the corner of Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Now they are open from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm so if we hit them up late somewhere around 11:00 pm we should probably catch it when the night guards are taking their lunches. Unless you want to wait till 1:00 am at shift change.

Pandora looks down quickly at her watch and then back up at him.

You know it's still early..
Report Post Tip
Prophet follows Pandora's finger closely as it traces around the blueprints. He smiles as she formulates their plan in front of him.

Yes. South Entrance. Those guards haven't been very "lively" for a couple weeks. I saw them a few times on my way to and from Timello's house. Looks good. You got any thoughts on what kinda props we'll need? Maybe... 3 shots for the guards.. and some wire cutters.

Prophet looks up at the clock Pandora has on her desk, and smiles.

Hmm... It is still early. What do you have in mind?
Report Post Tip
Tonight! I think we should do it tonight. Tomorrow is the unveiling so everyone will be resting for it.

Pandora walks over to the front of her desk and pulls out her pistol. Looking back at the time she grabs her keys.

We have about an hour till 11:00 so I say we go then. She raises her eyebrows and smiles with excitement.

You know Prophet how much I do hate to wait. She fakes a quick pout as she giggles softly.

We should not really need much to be honest. Like you said the guards have not been lively at all, and I am sure they aren't banking on anyone robbing them before their show case opening. All though.. Pandora breaks out in a laugh. How many times will this make it.. She glances around the room and holds up four fingers.

We will defiantly need the wire cutters for the alarm. I think just our regular pistols will be enough fire power, god knows I hope we don't have to use them. Let's see.. What else.. A pick for the door of course and bring something to cut glass just in case. Yep that should just about be it. Don't want to be trying to carry to much around that painting is going to be enough.

Snickering she walks back over to Prophet and nudges him.
Report Post Tip
Prophet listens intently, then grins.

You're right. We'll head out in an hour, with two pistols and your wire cutters. We'll take out the guards, cut off all the security alarms, and steal that beautiful painting to add to your collection. It will be a wonderful night.

Oh dear. You're right. We are gonna have to wait a WHOLE hour. Prophet sits back in his chair, staring at Pandora.

We've got it all planned out... Anything we can do to pass the time? You still got those drinks from Christmas?
Report Post Tip
Pandora pulls out a bottle of whiskey and two shot glasses from the top of her desk drawer. Quickly pouring two shots, she sets one down in front of Prophet and holds the other in her hand.

A quick celebration drink. We both know this is going to go just perfect. Cheers! Pandora holds up her shot glass to Prophets and they both smile as the glasses clink together. Slamming her shot she winces a bit as she sets down her glass.

You know I don't know why I bought this. She holds up the bottle and shakes her head. I so prefer tequila damn Christmas sales..

Pandora growls. Damn hour is going to take forever. I say the hell with waiting. Lets go. She tosses him the keys and grins.

Besides it will take about 30 min to get there from here so that only puts us about 15 min ahead of schedule.
Report Post Tip
Prophet just gets to grab the drink before he catches the keys and starts on his way out. He finishes the glass, sets it down and stands up to head out. He tries to keep up with Pandora as she runs out of the room and down the steps. She stops at the bottom of the steps to yell at him. He hurriedly grabs his pistol, shuts all the doors, and walks down the steps. As they walk down the final corridor, Prophet takes Pandora by the arm, out to her car.

As the two arrive at the car, Pandora jumps in the passenger seat, and Prophet in the driver's. He turns the key to hear the car purr around his legs. He smiles and turns to Pandora.

You ready for this?
Report Post Tip
I was so born ready for this!

Pandora clicks her nails on the door as they slowly pull out of the parking lot. Seeing Prophet look over at her she shrugs and then grabs a smoke.

I know.. I know I always get to excited before the jobs. I can't help it. Just a great highlight to my day.

She puffs on her smoke as she watches the lamp posts flicker by as the two drive down the streets. She goes over exactly how the job will be done in her head over and over again making sure every detail is perfect. Finally done with her smoke she puts it out in the ash tray and turns a bit in her seat.

What about another mile or so?

Watches Prophet as he studies the road. Shaking her head.

You know you are always the careful one.
Report Post Tip
Prophet turns his head and smiles at Pandora.

Yep. I'm the careful one, and you're the creative one. I suppose that's how we get all these jobs done.

Prophet pulls into a parking lot across the street from the back of the gallery. He looks over Pandora's shoulder to see the two guards. They were both dozing off, laying down on the ground under a small lamp hanging from the exterior wall. He looks at Pandora, and she looks at him.

Let's go.

They both get out of the car and walk towards the gallery, Pandora first. She showed her two silver revolvers to her targets just before she wasted them. She looks back at Prophet and smiles, as she whips out her wire cutters and slowly open the door...
Report Post Tip
Opening the door only enough to fit her body through she quickly slides through the opening and stands in the quietly in the corridor. Looking back she watches as Prophet opens the door a bit more and walks in. Motioning for him to follow she quickly walks down the dimly lit hallway. Hearing nothing but the soft rap of both their shoes she quickly takes a right turn as starts to approach the main show room. Backing up against the wall she draws her gun up slowly and glances around the corner.

Shh.. She looks back a Prophet who begins to draw his gun up and step out in front of her. Holding out her arm she stops him and shakes her head.

Seeing nothing she steps out from around the corner and a slight gasp escapes her lips, as she looks at the empty casing from which the painting once was.
Report Post Tip
Prophet looks at the case in disbelief. He slowly walks up to it, and looks all around it. He hears some clicking noise and immediately signals Pandora to leave. He motions her towards the exit as he sees what's beeping. A bomb.

Shit!! Get out now!!!

The two dash out of the building and about 30 yards into the parking lot before the gallery erupts in flames. He looks at Pandora, making sure she is 'ok', and helps her up.

Damn. That was... Out of protocol. I noticed a note on the backside of the picture's podium before it blew.

Prophet hands the crumpled up note to Pandora, as she looks it over a couple times.

There's no way we can get it now.
Report Post Tip
I can't believe this... Pandora shoves the note back into her pocket.

You think your slick Pandora.. Is that all that the asshole took my painting has to say? Hearing the approaching sirens her rage breaks and she turns to Prophet.

We need to get out of here and fast.

Pandora runs for the car and as the two reach it she throws open the door and slams then slams it shut as she plops down in the seat. Putting her feet up on the dash she looks up at the art museum that lays in shambles. Smoke still bellows from the pile or rubble and she sighs as Prophet turns the turns the key to the ignition and quickly pulls off down the road.

Who in the hell would have known that we were going to go after that painting? Pandora fumbles with her pack of smokes as she rolls the window down.

I mean common I didn't announce it to anyone at all. Are you kidding me? Enraged she slams her fist down onto the console that was between the two.
Report Post Tip
Prophet turns the car on and shifts it into gear. He pulls out onto a small alleyway that runs perpendicular to the bank. He drives slowly, looking for any type of evidence as to who took the painting.

Looks like someone beat us to it. And I suppose someone has taken notice of your love for artwork.

He pulls onto a main road and starts heading towards the HQ. He looks over at Pandora, and smiles, knowing she is already hatching a new plan to get a hold of this painting. She was the quick one.

So, what do you think? Rival gang?
Report Post Tip
No it couldn't have been a rival. Pandora shakes her head.

Who ever this was knows me well enough to know exactly what I would do, hell what we would do.. Now who in the hell would be able to do that?

Prophet pulled the car into the HQ and slowly turned the key shutting off the purring car. Pandora looked at him and sighed. Never being puzzled before she was stumped and the disappointment showed on her face. She slowly opened the door and stepped out. Her shoulders slumped a bit as she turned and slammed the car door.

Prophet.. Who could know me that well? I can't think of anyone except for you and.... She stood there motionless as her mouth dropped.
Report Post Tip
Prophet looks at Pandora in disbelief.

No way. There's no way he could've pulled that job off... Prophet realizes who he's speaking of, and shakes his head.

Nevermind. We can't waste time. If it was him, we better get to work. We're about 3 hours behind that painting, and if you want it back tonight, we'll have to get going ASAP. Anyone we can call?

The two make their way back to the HQ steps and sit there, silent. Tons of thoughts run through each of their heads as the clock hits midnight...
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Nice Try
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL