Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:39:05
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Drugs Prices? Started by: Fisk_Capizzi on May 29, '09 08:54
Fisk smiles at the cloudless sky, the sun was only just rising and the air was still cool though that day was to be a hot one. He finished his drink and prepared to set off home from the Detroit bar. Tomorrow, or that was today, brought alot for the young man, he had a few places to knock over, and a few people to meet. Such was his need to get a couple of hours of sleep at least.

Digging around in his pockets, he pulled out a note with some figures scribbled on it and a list of drugs. He sighed and threw it over his shoulder.

"Why is it I get message after message from people who, up until a time it suits them, do not put any effort into knowing me. Some I even work along side, yet still put no effort into talking to me or earning a friendship. Those who just contact me out of the blue, another city, another mob, no effort whatsoever as to make a connection, a contact within our world"

Fisk shakes his head as he walks

"Let this be a lesson you can say you've learnt today, I will not give out ANYTHING to ANYONE I don't have too, unless they offer me friendship first. Thats the way it should be, I'm sick of people walking past me day after day and not taking the time to say 'Hi' or 'Hows your business' until it benefits them."
Report Post Tip
I wouldn't exactly call it a lesson, but you're right that it's a pain in the arse. Still, you can just ignore them, or have a word with "an upper" if they persist.
Report Post Tip
Thats how this thing works, we earn money.
Report Post Tip
Thats a very strange thing to say, I said nothing about earning money. It's quite easy to earn money and put effort into getting to know people more. That adds alot more reputation to you than just offering drug prices.
Report Post Tip
This game is about making money for our bosses, isnt it?

Another point is that not every single working person knows his colleagues well, especially if he is relatively new. I dont quite see the possibility of getting to know so many guys in a single crew, or maybe 2 crews in some cases.

Besides, I dont see why one can get so fed up with a mtter like that. This is a very queer way of getting respect. Maybe you can mail me and we will talk about this instead of shouting in the streets.
Report Post Tip
Sorry to burst your ego, but don't think this has anything to do with just you. This is not the place for you to be making obvious your ignorance, I am making a point for people to comment on.
Report Post Tip
I am just commenting like how everyone else does. Maybe i can apologise for my last paragraph in my last comment, but seriously why the black face?
Report Post Tip
Vehellione slowly approaches the two people arguing on the streets, and coughs gently to get their attention.

BigAl, I make money for my boss, I would say I am damned good at making money for my boss. But I would never send mail to a random person - from my family or otherwise - and ask for their drug prices. I feel exactly the same way as Fisk, and if I don't know the person or have never spoken to the person that asks for my drug prices, I just don't reply.

Also BigAl, I wonder what "game" it is you are speaking of? This life of ours is certainly no game, and I think that maybe if you think your entire purpose in life is to make money for your boss as you said then you most definitely have your priorities mixed up. My main priority is earning the respect of my boss, by representing the family well, and by doing everything I can which could be beneficial to our family as a whole.

I would honestly much rather spend my time helping people in my famly who are not so confident, or people who find this life of ours difficult, to grow and flourish into well respected mafiosa.

But back to your first point Mr Fisk. I believe it is quite saddening that people no longer communicate other than with their little groups. And even more sad that people don't even take the time to get to know other people in their family. I have spent many a afternoon talking to random people that I meet along the way, and hardly ever because I wanted something. I just know that when I do need something, the friends which I have made along the way will be more than happy to help me out.
Report Post Tip
Yes i also have certain issues about this. Well, when this happens to me and i am in a good mood... i have to be in a good mood though, i simply reply "Well... in case you are interested... i am fine!" But this does'nt happen that much since i am high rank and have a certain reputation as a bastard hehe... I like being me, but if this happen and i am not in a good mood... i dont reply. And ignore the guy. But if i know the guy, i reply anyways... because i myself do this with the members i know, i have talked with and accepted in my friends circle.

-The Sneak!
Report Post Tip
Doesn't bother me as long as they're in my family. People don't know everyone at the family reunions, but you still speak and exchange well-beings because they're family.

Anything outside of family, fuck off!

Maybe you should look at it that way Fisk.
Report Post Tip
Anyone could be in your family, Mr. Marley.

Anyone who is in anyone elses family could be within the ranks next to you, they may aswel be just a face with a different name if you don't bother getting to know them.

What makes a family, nay, a strong family, are the people in it. Not the money they make or how numerous they are. It's the bonds, and I see no bonds in a list of drugs.
Report Post Tip
I'm not against anyone, but my opinion, and principle in this "Can I have your prices?" deal, is this.

I give you my prices, you give me mine. After that, let's see where this goes.

I have had personal experience in this ordeal, and let me say, I have made friends without any effort in trying to make a connection, by just asking for prices, and then initiating a conversation right after a thank you.

And drug prices led to pickpocketing, and then to gang crimes, and then to business ventures. And most of it, all just came from that drug price deal.

So my bottom line is, that a simple "Can I have your drug prices?" is as simple and as obvious as a "Hey there, what's up? Got any prices?".
Report Post Tip
I would say that I have to agree with JennaBambino here. There are some people who don't know what to say and may be afraid to speak to anyone. I know I was when I first started out. So right after the exchange of drugs a conversation could be started, but it depends on the people. I have messaged and spoken to people who have been totally rude. So it's hard to guess who is friendly and who is not especially when you're new.

On the other side though to gain a friend you must first show yourself friendly. Like I said before it all depends on the people. And remember we are all from different places and backgrounds. What may not offend you may offend someone else. We all have to be able to tell the difference and if someone is not able to do that try not to get so upset with them.

-Gale
Report Post Tip
I can completely understand not responding to members outside your family, but ignoring people in your own is a sign of disrespect to the CL and the organization. Whenever I make a choice, I consider who my choice is beneficial to and who it is not. By limiting a fellow crew mate's ability to make money you are directly hampering the CL's ability to collect the maximum amount of tax from that person in the family.

It might be irritating that they don't mail you trying to get to know you, however this does not excuse how you treat the message you receive. People who ignore messages from other members within a crew will always be considered as borderline traitorous in my book.
Report Post Tip
That signore, is just a difference of opinion. Without the bonds between members, knowing each other and building a reputation together as a group, what makes it any different from your circle of friends you know across our community who are not in the same family? If anything you are more comitted to then than your family.

Without the effort to get involved, to commit to your current cause, what differs you from any other family?
Report Post Tip
I don't give my prices to anyone not in my family unless:

We both bump into one another in a coffee shop and mutually swap prices as a favor.

Other than that I consider it a waste of my time and a possible offensive move.

Here I am, sitting at my desk in my HQ filing papers when I suddenly get a telegram from a youngster in another city. They want my drug prices. Now some youngsters provide me with their drug prices as a show of good faith I suppose, but most do not.

If I choose to mail them back with my prices I am, in theory, helping another family out inadvertently.

But the REAL reason I don't give out my prices is because it gives another person, in another family, MY LOCATION.
Report Post Tip
Can i get your drug prices please pickles?
Report Post Tip
OOC: I think this is similar to 'Can I join your family?' when new citizens ask to be enlisted into the ranks of a family. Family Heads and their Left and Rights tend to reject such 'applications' immediately, or they retaliate by asking them some questions. More often than not, it's the former. I personally prefered the latter, trying to get people that make it a common practice to send out one liners to get talking more.

Micheal approaches the small crowd and listens closely to what everyone has had to say, then carefully ponders his response. After a few moments, he decided to speak:

"Through my life, I began to realize that contacts are worth more than cash. I could have a zillion dollars sitting in my Swiss Bank Accounts, but 1 person that I work well with to help the advancement of my Family would make that zillion dollars seem like a penny for all I would care.

"All I can say is that there are people skulking the streets that tend to get right into RP and put all kinds of effort into every conversation they have, and treat people who do not follow similar practice to be below them, but then there's the people that prefer one liners. I feel that both of these kinds of people are in the wrong.

"BigAl, how hard is it to put a little effort into getting to know the people that you're getting drugs from? Money isn't everything, but relationships with people could be.

"Fisk_Capizzi, what stopped you from getting to know people after they approach you with one liners? Is it potentially worth the trouble to get them talking? Should they be treated the same way? Should they be ignored?

"I think that it's safe to say that it will be difficult for either of you to break your habbits, but it's worth it to get to know other people, weather you're the one handing out the one liners, or the one receiving them."

Satisfied, Micheal steps back and decides to speak no further, and only watch the reactions of the people who listened to what he had to say...
Report Post Tip
leans against a oil lamp post

I shall share a recent experience with a "Drug Mule" as I call them. I was asked what city I was in, when questioned why the responses was "Oh I need Drug Prices" I though meh mine as well no harm no foul. Seconds later I was pick pocketed of a whopping $48.00. Now I am not to troubled by this other than WHY LIE. I have no flare buttoned on me that says "No Pick Pocketing" I do not really care, as long as you don't LIE...

In response to that recent interaction I will no longer even respond to any member of our world whom does not share the same Rank/Title as me or above. And I am not talking about our systematic I have knocked over enough 7/11's or Pimped enough Ho's on the corner rank either. If you are not A Boss of a Family, his/her RH or LH or a GodFather/Mother etc your chances of getting a response are approx 10% (I could be having a great day and or feeling especially helpful at times).

I am plenty busy keeping an eye on Fort Izzel and responding to other matters to worry about whether you are being honest or not in your intentions.

flicks a small pebble with his foot
Report Post Tip
Man, I always send my letter of thanks without fail if the receiver replies me. So does that count? You tell me!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Drugs Prices?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL