Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 01:59:15
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Greyer Shade of Pale Started by: Vicodin on Jun 01, '09 05:55
Taking a seat in the office of his new building, Vicodin paused to look out of his window. A regular day for the streets. Passerbys going about their normal routine, without a care in the world. Taking a closer look at one of the streetgoers, he notices the man, dressed in average garb with a small cap, slip his fingers into a fellow pedestrian's pocket. Happening in an instant, the thief kept walking, only to be stifled and shocked at the loud shot that rang from behind him; his victim, in a fit of rage, pulled out his six shooter and fired a shot in the general direction of the pickpocketer. Cocking back the hammer once more to fire another shot, the man fired once more, missing. Fleeing the scene with the retaliatory attacker hammering shots left and right, Vicodin watched as the two went out of view by turning the corner, hearing once more a single shot before the sounds of loud scuffles and running became out of focus and blended into the background of bustling cars and the mutters of pedestrians muttering to themselves about the event.

Deciding to seize the opportunity, Vicodin took the stairs down to the ground level of his warehouse before exiting the main entrance, out to the main street ahead. Eying the four bullet casings that had dropped on the asphalt, he then gathered the attention of the growing crowd who had poked their heads out in response to the recent commotion.

Ah, ladies, gentlemen. What you have just witnessed, with the ears, eyes, or both - is a subject I've been meaning to touch on for quite some time. Somewhat of a grey area that has haunted my bloodline for the past. The subject being unwarranted two way attacks; Ever since I've arrived on these shores, I've come across many a men who have stated plainly that they do not wish to be pickpocketed. Pretty clear. Taking that group in mind, there is another subgroup which takes it a step further; Pickpocket me and I will shoot you.

While not many incidents have happened in the past, there has been a handful to the point where I'm making a speech about it; While there is no reasonable doubt that someone puts themselves in inherent danger when pickpocketing these individuals, as well as breaking the laws their family set out (I would assume), should the retalitatory attack on their life be punished for? Currently, it is my belief that once the retaliatory action against said pickpocketer is taken, they have both broken their family rules, and oaths that they have most likely signed for in blood. Should a punishment be in order for both of them? Should a punishment on the reacting member be lighter on account of said pickpocketer knowing full well of the consequences? And, to top them all, should these messages exist in the first place?

While a minimal amount of cash may be lost in the exchange, quite a few people still openly display their policy on the matter, regardless of what their boss demands on the issue of shooting another sponsored member; That, alone, merits death in my opinion. However, I also believe in making pickpocketers pay deeply for the ignorance they display with their choice of targets.

However, as this has up until now been a quiet issue that hasn't seen much light, I'd like to hear some viewpoints on the matter.
Report Post Tip
I've always seen being pickpocketed as a attack does it need to be dealt with in death? I say no. Its not the same as say being mugged on the street which usually results in being smacked around and beaten up then robbed. A pickpocket is just a small sign of disrespect.

Some may say don't pickpocket me. I'm one of those people and if someone does I just view it as a disrespectful slap in the face which I won't forget. I'm not going to kill you for it as that would be against my families rules. Which I have a much higher respect for.

All in all its just a simple disrespectful thing to do to someone. Its not worth dieing over for breaking the rules.

I show respect to those who show me respect. Plain and simple. If you pickpocket me and sometime down the road you come asking for help or for forgiveness you want find it here as I said its a show of disrespect to me. Once you lose that you never gain in back.
Report Post Tip
A great Story Godfather Vicodin, In fact a similar incident happened to myself just today.

the victim was extremely upset about it even though i was in Detroit and he had nothing about no pp'ing in his profile.

but i do believe that both victim and assailant should be equally punished.

I have two reasons:

the first- Shooting at the Assailant could start a war, depending on the persons rank and importance.

The second is that Most city are happy for people to PP each other especially Detroit.

Im sorry if this did not make much sense, im fairly new to the RPing situation.
Report Post Tip
Hmmm...I thought I mentioned this when I first spoke but guess I didn't when I think about it more.

If someone does shoot someone who recently pickpocketed them then yes that shooter should die. They broke their families rules I'm sure. They took an oath and were told the rules of the family. They chose to break said rules.

They pay the ultimate sacrifice and shall die by a bullet to the head. Point blank.
Report Post Tip
Any self respecting Mafioso or Connected Guy should know the rules of his Family like the back of his hand. If it's well known through the underworld that so and so is not open to pick pocketing, and someone who is either money hungry, or looking to make a name for themselves breaks the no pickpocketing concept. They've already broken a rule, either set by their family, the Godfather of the respected city, or the individual themselves. If the victim gets the ok from their Boss to take the guy out, done deal. If he doesn't get the ok, and goes through with it anyway, bury them together then.

Either way, if the person pickpocketed someone not friendly to it, I don't think they should go away. Repremanded and taxed maybe, but not whacked.
Report Post Tip
Before I get to the point of this debate I would like to mention that i don't really care if being PP.There is no tag on my suit so I'm fair game.

That being said,there are double standards to this issue. Lets say I have nice little tag on me saying "I'll kill you if you dare to put your hands in my precious pockets" and Godfather Vicodin pass me by down the street,find that funny and PP me for the fun of it.What the hell can I do then? Nice little tag on me don't mean shit in that case. Now picture Godfather Vicodin walking down the street with that same tag and I PP him.Nobody would cry for my stupid ass if he decide to send me on my permanent leave.

In my opinion tags should be respected,but when someone choose to ignore it great deal of further development is decided by WHO that someone is.
Report Post Tip
After hearing what Godfather Vicodin had shared,ysis can't help but throw in more questions.

If someone with a NO PP banner happen to be in a city that has a PP friendly policy,then wouldn't it mean that the NO PP sign is null and void?Wouldn't the city hall's decree of allowing pick pocketing within the city's jurisdiction hold more weight than a business man's banner?Sorry if I added more questions than giving some answers as these questions has been in my mind ever since I became part of this world of crime.
Report Post Tip
The-Sneak over hears Vicodin's speach about pp's done in a rather disrespectfull manner and thinks there should be a punishement for the members who have signed the rules metioning this matter. If you sign a rule than implies no pp without asking, then... you DONT pp without asking... as simple as that. You have signed, you've read and understood. Therefore, dont be surprise when severe concequences arrive. Main issue here is respect as it usually is! And disrespecting a member is like disrecpecting your CL. So i have to agree with Vicodin here.

-The Sneak!
Report Post Tip
I believe that a persons pockets are their own.

And by that I mean, if I tell someone 'No Pickpocketing', then that means just that.

I also believe that by ignoring warnings that you are given, such as a tattoo on a person that says 'If you pickpocket me, you just signed your death certificate.' it is incredible disrespect toward that person.

It is like slapping them in the face, and saying 'I don't give a fuck what you think'.

V.
Report Post Tip
Pickpocketing is disrespectful and shouldn't be done for shits and giggles. It's not a violent attack but it's an attack none the less, if the victim has not been made then I can understand giving someone a slap on the wrists for doing it, but once they have reached the rank of mademan they should be afforded the respect of that rank.

As for dealing with pickpocketers personally, this should not be condoned in any fashion, as has previously been stated each family has rules about shooting. Personally I believe that even having something tattoo'd to you saying you will shoot pickpockters then you are slapping your family head in the face. You've been taken in by them, you've agreed to their rules, so why do you feel the need to say you will break those rules.
Report Post Tip
strolling from one group of people to another, he slides through the crowd to see what is happening, catching the jist of the speech as he talks to other onlookers about whats been said his face drops to a frown

Although i am not a fan of pickpocketing if people give permission to test their skills between them i wish them the best of luck. Any pickpocketing to me and reactions to it is an equally punishable offence not just by the family rules but by the city rules also. I don't understand how some people ignore family or city rules just out of wilful ignorance thinking of a quick $5k extra in their pockets at the risk of their life.

If someone is pickpocketed they should never take the law into their own hand and personally i would punish them equally to the pick pocketer. Procedures for dealing with these people are simple enough through a family structure and i think thats how it should be dealt with not acts of violence that can lead to the end of certain families.
Report Post Tip
Carlo What you dont seem to Understand is the Vicodin is a Godfather I think you shooting someone who pickpockets you and him doing the same are quite different. Now that he has come out and said it, there should be no questioning it at all.

Whiskey Leaves the Crowd to go and get a stiff drink from his favorite bar
Report Post Tip
For me to act as a godfather does would be an insult to the godfathers rank and power. I don't see the Godfather saying shoot people now, i see him saying people should punished for breaching rules which i agree with.

If today Godfathers said X,Y and Z leader aren't living to their potential and removed them does that mean i should do the same on leaders i felt could do more; of course not but thats an argument for another day.
Report Post Tip
The_Nurse walks over to the crowd from round the corner.... He had just attended to a guy who was knocked down by a car while dashing across the road... The guy was apparently running from a man who was shooting at him...

"Godfather Vicodin! I haven't seen you around ever since you've been the Godfather... My respects to you, boss... What's all this commotion about? Does it got something to do with the accident I just witnessed?"

The crowd starts to discuss among themselves and someone explained to The_Nurse the speech that the Godfather made...

"Boss, I feel both are wrong... The pickpocketer shouldn't PP someone who don't wish to be PPed... But at the same time, the victim has NO RIGHT to shoot back... Doing so goes against the Family rules.. He should report the matter to his leaders. This means, those who tag 'Pickpocket me and I will shoot you' definitely belongs to a third group which DIRECTLY goes against Family rules... And going against Family rules will result in? Hope they figure it out soon and CHANGE their tags before the Family places them on the hitlist... Boss, I have seen a couple of our guys with that tag... Do you think they should be given a final warning about this matter?"
Report Post Tip
I don'y accualy care who takes my money i always say yes if they ask me first. But if someone didn't ask i would be pissed but then agian im not high ranking. I lose about 1,000 maybe 5 times a week. I say o well. Theres nothing you can do about it because of the family rules like Paul_Walker said it's family rules.

But I really don't know how you feel since your high ranking. All i say is to forget about it. You get all the money back in a matter of seconds.
Report Post Tip
I don'y accualy care who takes my money i always say yes if they ask me first. But if someone didn't ask i would be pissed but then agian im not high ranking. I lose about 1,000 maybe 5 times a week. I say o well. Theres nothing you can do about it because of the family rules like Paul_Walker said it's family rules.

But I really don't know how you feel since your high ranking. All i say is to forget about it. You get all the money back in a matter of seconds.
Report Post Tip
If you clearly state you don't wish to be pickpocketed then you should be able to take some kind of action. I'm not saying you should put a bullet in that person's head but something more reasonable. The cities that are pickpocket friendly should ultimately be eliminated. Regardless of what you say it will not stop the few people that rebel other peoples wishes. I personally careless and at one time my ancestors were one of those people that put a bullet in the head of pickpocketers but as went on my family generations have learned not to care anymore.
Report Post Tip
I agree completely with Dr_Jekyll..

Nice say mate.. right behind you on that one..
Report Post Tip
Well... My opinion is this..

PickPocketing... The max amount $5,000 the min amount $0 of course. If someone is going to moan about $5,000 then being 100% truthful its stupid. Maybe yeah fair enough some people like to keep their money from PickPocketers.. yeah fair enough I respect that but, there is one and only one simple solution.. Bank your money. You have no money in your hand then there is no money there to be taken, simple as.

I personally as a PP friendly guy don't care about people taking my $5,000 and that for simple reasons I can earn it back in a matter of minutes.

If someone states in there profile that they don't want to be PickPocketed then fair enough the PickPocketer should be punished but NOT by death as that is way to harsh over a max amount of $5,000. The victim on the otherhand should be given his money back and prehaps some extra for his troubles and then they move on. If you state you don't want people in your pockets then people should respect that.

People like myself who don't mind for PickPocketers then its simple PickPocket us away as we don't give a damn about $5,000.

People who don't have anything stated then either should be mailed or if they are PickPocketed, then they don't have a full right to moan about it as they havent got anything stated in there profile, so if you have nothing in your profile and moan about it then thats your own fault for not stateing you don't like being PickPocketed.

Im speaking 100% truth and this is my view over PickPocketing to be honest. Everyone is allowed their own opinion it may not change anything but we are all entitled to our own say right ?

If anyone is unhappy with my view then Mail Me. I don't mind correcting bits I may have missed out or bits you don't understand.

Dk sits back down and drinks out of his flask and listens to more peoples opinion's
Report Post Tip
If I understood this correctly, you're asking should someone be punished for shooting at someone else as a result of having their pockets picked? Yes, if they're breaking their family rules by retaliating which, most of the time, these big shots are. I don't see how there's much room for debate, if any.

In saying that, it doesn't always happen that way. I've seen people shoot back in PP-friendly cities, miss and go unpunished with some feeble excuses for the incident.

Really, it comes down to the leader, but yes, they should be killed for it if their family code determines that that is the punishment for shooting at sponsoreds without prior authorisation.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Greyer Shade of Pale
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL