Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 13:52:47
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Death Penalty, The Only Penalty? Started by: RichardRizzo on Jun 01, '09 19:09
Every Family lays down rules, no shooting someone in a Family, no shooting someone under 48 hours and so on. Everytime someone breaks a rule, the penalty is death. But never anything else. Godfather Vicodin brought up the PickPocketing situation. Most Families have the death penalty for pickpocketing someone who has a no pp policy. Instead of taxing them, taking their gun away, what have you. I can understand someone ending up six feet under for taking out a Made Man of Family, or raising their hand to a Captain. But making someone disappear for pick pocketing? That's a little steep.

Now I'm not saying someone being taxed should be made public, but it would spare the underworld, and the Family itself, from losing a great earner, and pure mafioso. Granted most Bosses will lay down whatever rules they see fit, but one thing I would suggest, not demand, is use more of the taxation system. In our life, people put too much emphasis on money, this could teach a lesson.
Report Post Tip
Not a terrible idea. Although I wouldn't be saying that the Mafia puts too much emphasis on money, it is kind of missing the point of organized crime I believe.
Report Post Tip
So pretty much, fuck up all you like as long as you have a bank roll?

take 500,000 from someone, they get upset.

Take someones life, their kids learn a lesson.

What if they don't have the cash to pay the tax, then what?
Report Post Tip
For some families this may be the case but not all. Death is not always the result it depends on the situation,the CL,and the mistake that took place.
Report Post Tip
You said "Most Families have the death penalty for pickpocketing someone who has a no pp policy."

In all the families I have been in that rule has NEVER came to death. It doesn't matter what you do people will always rebel against it. Taking the persons gun away will do nothing except piss the other guy which will later result to death. Two ways to solve this: 1. Make all cities pickpocket friendly or 2. Open your eyes and ears when someone says DO NOT PICKPOCKET

Taxes will cause problem

shooting will cause problems so stick with the solutions above unless someone else has a better idea
Report Post Tip
The punishment for disrespect should always be death, in my opinion.

Disrespect is a very broad sword, Pickpocketing and unauthorized shooting is just the tip...
Report Post Tip
I'm not saying nothing like that Premier, but what I am saying is that if someone goes to their Boss, complaing how someone took whatever amount from them for whatever reason, then that person can get paid tax. Situation done, no one dies.

If they don't have the cash to pay the tax, then they better get to selling H and robbing post offices.
Report Post Tip
GeordieGacer walks out onto the street in his finest black and white shirt

Dr_Jekyll your right most familys dont have the death penelty for pickpocketing however it should be brought in.

Now im not saying on first time offenders as that would just be crazy far too much death. however repeat offenders chop of there hands and feet and give them a head start. now i personnaly hate pickpocketers they always annoy me all those 5ks mount up you know.

My forefathers always have a nice big DO NOT PICKPOCKET on there backs and still people pickpocket them its stupid teech them all a leason i say!
Report Post Tip
Odd, I will agree with you. Richard your missing his point from my point of view. How can you pay taxes when you have no money? Robbing doesn't bring in that much cash when someone is always stealing it from you. You mentioned selling drugs, How can you buy or sell drugs without money? Simply you can't unless you get a loan they don't always go so well if you don't pay back your debts.
Report Post Tip
GeordieGacer, you are absolutely correct 5k does add up but there is nothing we can do about it unless we start shooting this guy and that guy which is a unfair punishment. Why not do this if take X number of amount from you make them repay you twice that original amount.
Report Post Tip
not enough I am thinking - if you only have to pay back 10k whenever you are caught it is still worth it.
Report Post Tip
Fayth walks into a very interesting discussion and decides to speak up

Well I have to say Mr.Gacer I find you speech a little grating especially as it seems you lost your dictionary or did they steal that too? I think not but anyway you should get one.

I think really people should stop moaning about pickpocketing there are alternatives such as working harder and making it so your not such a soft target I mean that is the point of the game is it not? To become better and have fun yet sucking all the fun out by moaning about pickpocketing really takes the mick because most of these people are just angry they aren't good enough to get the culprit back.

Also Death-Knight made a good suggestion of putting your money in the bank. Has everyone forgotten there is a bank? I personally dont mind yet I dont walk around with it in my profile either because I'm not hanging a sign round my neck saying "Pickpocket here".
Report Post Tip
Dr_Jekyll if someone throws a brick through your window and they come ask for it back does that make the deed any better? Its disrespect and they should suffer the consecquences or find another line of work. we have a code that we all stand by and they should learn it or face the music.
Report Post Tip

How can you pay taxes when you have no money? Robbing doesn't bring in that much cash when someone is always stealing it from you. You mentioned selling drugs, How can you buy or sell drugs without money? Simply you can't unless you get a loan they don't always go so well if you don't pay back your debts.

Keep in mind, if a CL does decide to inact a taxing policy, the members of that family know how the policy works and that it's enforced. If you can't pay the taxes, don't do something that would require you being taxed.
Report Post Tip
Fayth my dear is my spelling or my grammer the issue here i think not. Now i go back to my last statement about the disrespect thats all it is. Now i really dont mind pickpocketing if its autorised that doesnt bother me one bit, if they have had the common deceny to ask me if it is ok then fine go ahead. if you dfont ask first then you get what you deserve.
Report Post Tip
I agree with that Geordie. Richard, people rebel all the time and some don't get caught but it would be stupid to tax pickpocket but at the same time it could be fair. Overall taxes will not solve the problem from people not wanting to be pickpocketed
Report Post Tip
I'm not saying it will solve people NOT wanting to be pickpocketed. But what I'm saying that if someone feels like an injustice has been done to them, if the person is taxed, at least they know that their CL will do something. If people don't want to be pickpocketed, bank your money.
Report Post Tip
In my opinion if you disobey some of major rules death is only fitting punishment. Taxation system would be kind of pointless since then people could calculate what does breaking rules worth to them.I want to PP someone and all I need to fear is 500k fine (not even a day work), I decide to Whack unsponsored no worries few mil fine will just cover that up.Pointless.

Death punishment is just fine by me.
Report Post Tip
how is pickpocketing a major rule?
Report Post Tip
If city is not PP friendly and someone is wearing DO NOT PP tag is major in my book,opinions might differ though
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Death Penalty, The Only Penalty?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL