Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:51:50
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Stop Crying Your Heart Out. Started by: Oasis on Jun 02, '09 11:33
Jimmy picked Genesis up by the collar. He slapped him around a few times before tossing him to the ground

Genesis I would suggest you not lay another finger on a member of my city. Keep your filthy hands to yourself.

You want to debate or say your piece do so , but be warned to keep your hands to yourself.
Report Post Tip
OK let me make this a little easier.

I don't see what hes doing as disrespect at all. This is our way of life, this is what we do as mobsters the difference here is Oasis is not afraid to say it. Yes he has made a few comments, yes he has called a few out but a lot of you act like this is the first time you have seen this. Now if you re-listen to his Original Speech it didn't call anyone out it was a broad statement, those who have posted attacking him, made it personal on their own so expect a little lip from him. Is he a high ranked mobster within our world? no he is not but does that mean he can't speak his mind? So all in all if you want it to stop don't post here and he will have nothing to respond to.
Report Post Tip
I think the underlying point Oasis was making has actually flown over the head of a few here. Which is quite amusing, given that the taking of exception seems to be coming from the way he put his point across, cursing and all.

In his own words, he's "not talking about anyone in particular like".

I didn't take offense at his opening gambit, infact I found it quite refreshing if I'm totally honest, and it was aimed at me as much as it was those taking exception. He just seems to be an exceptionally uneducated man, whose vocabulary is so short that every few words another curse appears.

Genesis, you say, "Who the fuck cares about what you say, it's all about how you say it". I think Oasis might argue the opposite...that it's what you say, not how you say it.

Personally, I couldn't care if someone curses until they're blue in the face. Why would I? It's when I can't actually understand them that I get a bit ratty.
Report Post Tip
I quite like the point Don AlfonsiTimello and Manson have recently made, reading and re-reading back on his initial speech did not bring about any feelings of getting disrespected. Oasis even stated;

"...when I lace my everyday speech with every cunting expletive known to horse wanking mankind, I don't expect you to preach honour to me.

If I disrespect you? Fine."

I personally love that point Manson highlighted "it is about what you say and not how you say it" which i believe was Oasis' message he was trying to get across between his heavy 'cuntings'.
Report Post Tip
Nice speech, Oasis. Predictably, a good portion of the listeners completely missed your point. You are not the only mobster who is "thick as shite", it seems.

Running around these streets, I often forget that I am in the mafia based off the personalities of those around me. You're right - more often the environment resembles a Victorian tea party than organized crime.
Report Post Tip
Now what the fuck do I see here?

I'll tell you what I see here, I see a young mobster, trying to tell you people to grow a pair. A young mobster, speaking out in the streets (which in itself is a very commendable action), about something he feels passionately about.

You know what I'm most disappointed about? The fact that most of you, without actually taking notice of the point of this speech, have tried to shoot him down at the first hurdle.

I am HAPPY that we have people like Oasis in the mafia. He is bringing colour, and life to what seems like a black and white world.

Seems to me like he has a similar mindset to me. I sure as fuck wasn't born in England but I had a rough upbringing just like him, and I sure as hell won't hesitate to use whatever goddamn motherfucking language I feel is appropriate at the goddamn motherfucking time!

If ANY one of you Gerbil Infested Wanksticks even THINK about trying to punish Oasis, you're gonna have at least me to answer to.

And please tell me this, does the fact that I'm swearing and using all the cunting words I can funking well think of, mean that I'm thick as shite? I don't fucking think so. Next time, just before you jump down someones throat for the way they talk, stop and actually think about the message which they're trying to pass on. You might regret not hearing it.

V.
Report Post Tip
I had to come back here because this has turned into quite the interesting debate. Predictably. the abuse of Oasis stopped as soon as Jimmy and Butt_Ox came out here and commented in support of Oasis. And predictably, Butt_Ox claimed he's better than 90% of the community, which could very well be true, but still predictable. And finally, also predictable, others will take this opportunity to kiss those asses they believe they need to kiss in order to advance in this world.

Yes, yes, Butt_Ox, so much that's predictable in this world.

My point, which I'll make again, is this: I don't care what Oasis says. He can be as ignorant as he likes. And if you all think that being in the mafia is about saying fuck every other word, then okay. Fair enough. If you think that saying fuck twat and shit was his way of proving to this world that he's unafraid and has a set, and his way to prove he has no intention of attending the Victorian Tea Party that is this world, then okay there too. I think you're wrong. Tell me how this little speech was in any way respectful.

But my point was and is about first impressions. You think Oasis actually went to Alfonsi and said "fuckin' twat, give me an invite."? No, probably not. So, then why come out here in the streets and rant in this manner?

Alfonsi - I love you man, but I don't think THIS is at all what we do as mafiosi. He's not afraid to say what? He's not afraid to say fuck? Or twat? That's all he's proven he's able to say, or do for that matter. He hasn't proven he's going to change things in this world, or that he's going to get us to act like "proper" mafiosi. Some of those attacking may very well have made it personal. How can they not? They's sharing the same streets. And when you're confronted by a gangster, a gangster!, in the way they were confronted by Oasis, how are you supposed to react? And Alfonsi - if Oasis would have come to you with an invite request exactly like his first impression here, you would have gift-wrapped and sent him an invite? Personally, I would have told him to fuck off and find some manners. But then again, maybe I'm too predictable for this world.

Oasis - thanks for responding to me. I will say this. I am happy to be engaging in this debate. For that, Oasis, I say thank you. But I tell you this: there are better ways to go about it, despite what the big bad Butt_Ox has to say.

Because what many here are hearing is: Fuck you twat! You don't like me, kill me bitch. Fuck. Shit. Twat!

And what you might be saying is: Hello you soft mafiosi! Grow a set and act like mafiosi should act. No more of this kid glove approach. Things need to change around here. And I'm going to make sure I help to change them. Now go away the lot of you so I can get to work.

Sips his cup of Victorian Tea and walks off
Report Post Tip
"But when I'm just swearing in general, you can fuck right off if it offends you. I grew up in a town in England, a rough as fuck town, then I moved into a rough as fuck district of Philadelphia."

he went to a catholic all boy school in Manchester.
Report Post Tip
Out of curiosity, why would you swear every other word? Every second wasted is a second you'll never get back, so when you take a glance at the original speech, imagine what you could do with all those seconds combined.

One more thing - swearing is generally for emphasis, I'd go as far to say that if you can mix it up a bit, and use swearing effectively, you're probably more intelligent than the majority. After all, it's a widened active vocabulary if you mix it up enough. Hell, I'd respect Shakespeare more if he startled me with some dazzling "fucking" and "cunt" every so often. Unfortunately, my degree in crime didn't cover oratory skills.

Poor me.
Report Post Tip
You think gangster just swore to each other? blah blah mate...

Gangster had blatent respect for one another, enemy or not. The only gangster who swear to each other are rappers. Everything must be civilised because thats the way we roll. Yeah there should be gangsters with guts but your just trying to bend the rules on being disrespectful.
Report Post Tip
Brick, you certainly read into my comments and added your own poetic license to what I had to say. That is quite a diversion from the accuracy and logic you normally use in your speech. Even though I AM "better than ninety percent" of those out there, I never claimed it here. Yet you claimed I did. It's actually closer to 99.9%, but that's beside the point. I didn't say it, so how about a little accuracy in quoting me? You also said "there are better ways to go about it, despite what the big, bad Butt Ox has to say". Again, I don't see how you interpreted my thoughts to mean that being crass was the way to go about things. I merely referred to the underlying message of the speech, that too many people act like prim and proper pantywaists instead of mafiosi. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm actually accustomed to this kind of treatment. People take issue with my volatile personality and the result is that they misinterpret everything I say, based on their preconceived ideas of what I am all about, rather than the plain black and white print that sits before them. I thought you were above such deviations from logic and rational thought, being one of the brighter minds among us. You usually speak with a genuine reflection on the nature of our business. In fact, I can recall several speeches you have made which are not very far off from Oasis' main point, mainly, staying true to the nature of our business.

What I believed happened here is that people saw an unknown Gangster make bold statements, and they immediately got raging hard erections. "Oh! An opportunity to show some swagger against someone who lacks the strength or connections to put me back in my place!" Never mind the fact that his message contained a valid point, albeit with an excessive and unnecessary demonstration of bravado to illustrate that point. Why acknowledge such a technicality when there is an opportunity to show our giant balls to the world?
Report Post Tip
Don Butt Ox, a question if I may. What is the nature of our business?

As I can't really see that in Oasis speech, at all, what I've seen is a man making this speech due to profanity he used in private which had offended some, I doubt the nature of our business is to randomly call people and throw a few fuck's and other words at them and hang up. If anything that's more of a playground type of behavior, not a mafioso type of behavior.

The point with his speech was for people to act like mafioso, you cannot preach something and then turn around and do the opposite which is what he's done. But his main point was about his use of profanity in his speeches, and this was his first speech, when the offended parties were offended due to him using those profanities in private aimed at whoever he contacted. No one came at him for using profanities in public, the way he came out here is what in my own opinion, was disrespectful. He could done it in a much better way and still proved his point, without even having to mention his use of profanity as that really had nothing to do with what he wanted to point out, and if he wanted for people to act like mafioso then he should also been acting like one himself.
Report Post Tip
I do not know what transpired in private. I guess everyone takes away something different from any given speech. What I took away from this speech, and what I mean when I describe "the nature of our business", is that we live in an ugly world. The people who make up the mafia are not nice people. They are far from saints. They murder, steal, lie, manipulate, and cut any corner they can just to make a buck or to get a little more power.

That is the nature of our business, and there is very little of that which is subject to interpretation. So, when you get people who are so far off base that they embody the antithesis of the nature of our business, then you have to stand up and ask just what in the fuck is going on in these streets.

As I pointed out already, it probably could have been stated without the excess and unnecessary bravado. Oasis did that to illustrate his point, but his point was already clear, to me at least. Because it was unnecessary does not justify the fact that this swagger became the focal point for many people's contribution to the discussion. The main point - the deviation from the true nature of our business - is what should have been discussed.

I ignored the element of foul language as a specific example of where certain mobsters were strangely offended by things that should not be an issue, given the nature of our business, and instead focused on the more general theme of staying true to our environment.
Report Post Tip
Genesis, I think you'll find that although he may or may not have been using profanities in private, this speech was aimed at everyone. By responding the way you have, you have proved his point. We are in a life of crime, I'm pretty sure you're used to hearing the odd profanity during the day, no?

You're enquiring as to the nature of our business? If you have to ask that question, you're obviously doing something wrong.

The way he came out here? You mean, the fact that he was direct and open about the way he felt? Fuck me, if that's disrespectful I sure hope that everyone pussyfoots around everyone else and doesn't get to the real point they're trying to make, just so that they're respectful in your eyes.

The fact of the matter is you have been so busy being 'shocked and outraged' at the use of language in this man's speech, you have completely missed his point.

V.
Report Post Tip
Thank you, Don Butt Ox.

His point was clear, but as you just stated, people choose to take away something different from any given speech. I saw Oasis point, but I also saw the disrespect in it, which was the manner he presented his speech in, which in turn not only makes himself look bad but also his family.

I guess we can't all act like we're men or women who are "made", but the conduct to me has always been an important factor in the nature of our business, it's not all about murdering, stealing, lying, manipulating and cutting corners, and even when we do, we do so with class, which is something that differentiates us from any common criminal, being a mafioso isn't about having the biggest set of balls or the loudest voice.

This thing of ours was built with pride, honor, respect, loyalty in mind. Some would die for their beliefs, others run like cowards, I do agree with the things you said, though. But, I do believe there's more to it than just the things you mentioned, Don Butt Ox.
Report Post Tip
Vehellione,

This speech was aimed at everyone

That's my point though unless you haven't been listening to me. A leader if they so wish could easily tell him off about his conduct, why? Because he's calling them a twat as well as telling them to act like proper mafioso, if you don't consider that disrespectful coming from a Gangster then I don't know what you'll consider as disrespectful, if people want to debate there's certain ways to do so and get your point across, without having to aim anything at someone in particular. So he chose to come here and point whatever he said at those present in his speech, because a few he talked to in private were offended by his profanity? And that's a good thing how? When he's now not only doing it to the people he spoke to, but aiming it towards everyone present in his speech?

I'm shocked and outraged? I used more F words than he has and even punched him, before Godfather Jimmy stepped in, and I chose to abide with his advice. My hands are in my pockets for now. This alone proved Don Butt Ox and Oasis point that this isn't a nice world, but also that not everyone takes shit from low ranks, even the low ranks themselves.

If ANY one of you Gerbil Infested Wanksticks even THINK about trying to punish Oasis, you're gonna have at least me to answer to.

You do know you were speaking to everyone present here right? Including the Godfather of New Orleans, and other family members. And no one even mentioned anything about having him punished. I came here to help him before I was told I was moaning and not having any balls, that's when I turned against him in my approach, and out of respect for Don Timello I chose to say no more after my last response I did however talk to Don Timello about my reasons to attend this speech, and I did come here out of curiosity again, to ask Don Butt Ox a question, but now I have to debate with you as well as you came to confront me when there was no real reason to.
Report Post Tip
the streets are durty these days, alot of blod is out on the streets today.

what has this world become.
Report Post Tip
Well, Butt_Ox, how can you be better than 99.9% of those out here, if the rest of us didn't prove that to be true from time to time? And to address your point - you are right. You did not say it here, and I should not have interpreted what you were saying as making that point. For that, I apologize. While I wasn't actually quoting you, I was assuming and/or misinterpreting, and you know that they say about assuming. I'm not sure what they say about misinterpreting, but I was wrong to do so.

But I'll say this - I think somebody of your stature, which I mean in a good way despite my previous comments, coming out here to tell Oasis "Nice Speech" encourages this type of crass language and dealings with the community. He may very well have a valid point - but that point was lost in the "excessive and unnecessary demonstration of bravado to illustrate that point" so the coming out here to offer encouragement was what I took issue with.

You are right, I do not disagree with Oasis's point - if it was in fact that we should stay true to the nature of our business - but like I said, that point was lost. And I wouldn't go so far as to say that his statements were bold. Just unnecessarily profane.

So, here's what I've learned today. I have a tendency to misinterpret, I put words in people's mouths, and I was wrong. I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong, and apologize publicly.

So, Mr. Butt_Ox, to you I apologize. I will continue to learn from my experiences here. I will admit, at least for today, you are a better mafioso than I.
Report Post Tip
Okay sorry Genesis, if we're going to get really picky, and you're going to make me explain this one little bit at a time, then that's what I'll do.

Now when I said EVERYONE, I meant EVERYONE IT REFERS TO. This means, all the people that get offended at seeing a few profanities or people that don't say what they think because they don't have the balls to. The people in Crewleader positions, are people with enough intelligence to read the ACTUAL MESSAGE that he is trying to convey, and NOT FOCUS on the way he says it. The fact is, anyone with more than half a brain can see what he is trying to say.

And of course, it could have been that maybe he had been thinking this for a while, and the conversations he had with said people, just pushed him enough to make it a public concern? I for one, am grateful that he brought this to our attention.

And yes, you are right. Nobody mentioned anything about punishing him. I was simply informing.
Report Post Tip
Speaking your mind doesn't really have anything to do with balls, Vehellione. And I'm not one of those who's offended by profanity as you might have noticed, if it's aimed directly at me then that's a different story. In his speech the certain profanity was aimed to whoever was present in the speech. I did get his point as I stated earlier, but that doesn't mean I saw his approach as respectful, towards me or anyone else present. And since I focused on the way he said it, I guess that makes me a moron? Or at least someone with more than half a brain as you explained.

I'm grateful as well, though, Vehellione. Any speech like this opens your eyes and lets you see others likes and dislikes, and what their thoughts are on some of the things concerning La Cosa Nostra in general, I've learned a few things today, for that I'm grateful that this speech was made.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stop Crying Your Heart Out.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL