Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 19:41:04
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
New Action for Boss+ Started by: Isabella on Jun 03, '09 21:21
I suggest there should be an action for disciplinary purposes.

Such as shooting someone in the knee caps.

The penalty would keep them from leaving the city their in and doing various crimes (drug deals, petty's, felonies, etc)

or much of anything, until a member of that persons family comes to their aid (in that same city).

Something like that.

For insults, disrespect, and the such.

Mmm?
Report Post Tip
No thats not really fair for the players who get atacked because what if there family dies out who is supposed to help them until they get a new family, or maybe you personally paid to get yourself into a texed city and noone else in your family wants to pay the tax your stuck there.
Report Post Tip
Actually that would be pretty entertaining...they get punished by the person who needs them the most the next instance. :) anyway it would be a lesson to both the shooter and the victim.
Report Post Tip
It's not an attack MafiaPanguin

It just freezes you

and it'd be much like in the real mafia

So what if a city is taxed and your family is dead, then your screwed.

That's a very rare instance, anyways.

But life isn't fair.

Most certainly NOT the mafia.

Im just talking about if you smart off to your family or another family's boss

Something like that

Hell, you could be shot in the knee caps in your OWN city

But your boss could decide how long you stay like that as punishment

because only higher ranks could do it

And they have their reasons.
Report Post Tip
I like this idea. It would mean less people will die because CL's would have something else to do instaed of wacking them.
Report Post Tip
Good job Isabella, this idea is GREEEAT
Report Post Tip
So are frosted flakes.
Report Post Tip
An interesting idea, but not one I'm a big fan of.

This is a role playing game. Where something is done which doesn't warrent death (pfft, keel 'em all I say, but that's a different debate) then there are numerous ways to role play a punishment. Whether the person is made to make financial payments, is banned from a city, is forbidden from shooting etc etc there are punisments available. We don't need a 'button' for everything we do in the game, if we do/did have one, we lose the role play element and we all become the click monkeys we loath so much.
Report Post Tip
What good is it if a war is started either way you might as well kill the person.
Report Post Tip
what bad is it if a war is started neither way you might as well kneecap the person.
Report Post Tip
Um.. i have no clue what you just said. Please talk in english
Report Post Tip
just pointing out that you assume a war will be started for no reason.
Report Post Tip
I like the idea and agree that it gives a more variety of punishments, so less extreme punishments are taken for small actions but people are well disciplined.
Report Post Tip
I have an idea that is similar to the knee cap shooting, i believe CL's should have the ability to ground the planes of members of there own family, so that they can't fly unless they have the go ahead, so if the CL decides that a certain member can't fly he presses a button, and that member can't fly until the CL says so.

but for the rest of the time its okay.

Some may say that you can just Role play it, but you can't actually stop them, they will still fly if they want to.
Report Post Tip
yeah this would be a great idea

so the players would more play this

:)
Report Post Tip
So if only bosses and above can use this, can they use it on someone that cant use it in return?
Report Post Tip
Great Idea

say you were caught pickpocketing.

or You Cl wanted to discipline you for disrespect.

You could have a set amount of time they are disabled
Report Post Tip
I think only the CL should be able to do it and maybe the RHM, but not the LHM
Report Post Tip
The problem is, in a world that has the mentality that we do right now, this feature will be back-burned.

Crewleaders won't do it to their own because they want to make money.

Crewleaders won't do it to others for fear of their own lives.

I like the idea, but it's pointless.
Report Post Tip
Okay; to hit a few points that were addressed.

1) Let's get the fact straight; everyones a damn critic. It's a general idea, I don't have complete specifics, I figured the Team that works behind MR will have some creative thoughts of their own to bend it as they please.

2) Deimne, yes this is a role playing game, but you could role play just about everything in here to the point where we don't have ANY buttons. I hate lazy people just as well, but this suggestion isn't to make the game EASIER, it's to make it more INTERSTING. ;]

3) Alfonse, you have a point too, and a very good similar idea (back to the creative thoughts of others, as I was saying in 1) and it would work much the same. And YES, you could role play it but it wouldn't stop the new gangster from being idiots and pickpocketing the wrong high rank, or whatever or whoever it may be.

4) The feature would only be back burned if you make it that way. You can't assume that everyone acts the same.

If the Crewleaders don't do it to their own, then they wont be making money off of that player anyways because he'd be killed for screwing up. Crewleaders can't do it to anyone else but their own kin.

The point of this suggestion is to bring in more interesting interaction between families. Not out of boredom.

It seems some of you resist change, you can find holes in ANY suggestion in this forum.

But there are benefits. Players would stay longer. There could be a minimum amount of time it can be done until that person is forced to kill the insultant.

You can mold it however you want.

But it's still a good idea.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: New Action for Boss+
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL