Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:39:29
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
My position Started by: Odd on Jun 13, '09 11:42
In case you didn't know, I do have feelings. I have been experiencing a bit of resistance about me not participating in this war.

So, being the type of guy that I am, I am going to give you my point of view. My point of view is this. If you think that I am supposed to follow my Godfather (GRHS) into something no matter what it is, you are right, and under any other circumstances I would. I sat and thought about for a while...so long that they called the clock on me. I was given a time frame to make a decision. In or Out.

As you probably have guess by now, I chose out. I didn't do it without talking to advisers, my godfather as well as opposing Godfathers. The decision was made based on a comment made by my Godfather. "I would understand if you chose to be neutral". I think he understood that there were some hasty decisions that were made. Not just on Philly's side, but admittedly things could have been handled differently. The saying "two wrongs don't make a right" comes to mind, and although I'm not saying either wide was wrong, I am definitely not saying either side was right either. I'm not here to pick sides.

My decision to remain neutral was to save the lives of my family. Why punish an entire city because a couple people did something as a knee jerk. I'm not positive how the other cities got involved, but I think Godfather JimmyTheLionHeart's final decision before he died (Rest In Peace) was a great one. The decision was to spare the lives of what was left of Philly, a difficult decision, indeed. It's humbled me a bit.

I felt that decisions were made in haste, and to limit the amount of destruction I chose to not be a part of it. Blessings were given from both sides and all agreed. I can't, however, speak for the other families and I won't.

Again, my status is "I am on my own side" if anyone has a problem with that, you are more than welcome to talk to me about it. I just ask that when you do, you provide me with the respect you would give any other Don. I demand it.

You can't please everybody, I know this, but I can please those that mean the most to me. That's my family. All of it, The Godfathers as well. There are a lot of happy people in Philly, and that's what matters to me. I'm sure JimmyTheLionHeart is happy in his grave knowing that the lives of his city were saved.

Love,

~Odd

PS:

Jun 13, '09 11:06 Anonymous Odd $7,500,000 Unfathomable Dishonor (Get Auth) (Buy off)

Thank you, this is very flattering.
Report Post Tip
We understand Mr.Odd !

You did it for us,your family.

Please if you not agree about Mr.Odd decision.

Tell us
Report Post Tip
I respect your decisions Odd. You obviously knew what and happened and if something doesn' feel right - don't do it. Although as already seen some people will think of you as dis-loyal but eh, your not the one who is dead.

Well done Sir.
Report Post Tip

Jun 13, '09 11:06 Anonymous Odd $7,500,000 Unfathomable Dishonor (Get Auth) (Buy off)

At least Im not the only one who thinks you are a gutless coward.
Report Post Tip
Comments like that certainly won't help your cause...
Report Post Tip
Odd I am sure he is frightened, given your pention to ACT on things and all...

You played the safe move well safe for now, until Marietta and her Handy Boy TR have finished their use of you. Just like they did Jimmy etc. BUT do not be surprised people come out and call you what you are for it. A coward, you do realise had things gone the other way and Marietta and TR were dead now instead of Brick and Jimmy you would be up shit creek for your disloyalty.

I believe Odd and his "spirits" are officially the Italy of WWII. Stay neutral until it is safe to pick a side...
Report Post Tip
Or, as I have already previously discussed with the man, I am fine if he wants to remain neutral. See, what you seem to forget is that I'm a woman who thinks not only about herself and her own city, but the world at large. As long as Odd is standing and he and his Captain MrFCUK are providing safe homes for the unsponsored mobsters, they are fine in my book.

And if I survive this, I won't think any different. I didn't "get rid" of Jimmy because I was "done using him". I got rid of him because he shot my Captain.

Odd... just don't shoot my captains and we'll be good. I also thank you for your professionalism throughout this entire ordeal. It must not be easy watching the world crumble around you. Many commendations, Sir.
Report Post Tip
Like I said before. I'm on my side. You can love it. You can hate it. I honestly don't give two shits. At the end of the day, me and the members of my family are safe. They are safe because I didn't follow along with something I didn't agree with.

again, you should always follow your Boss, regardless...but if he is going into something with the intentions he had. Then I think I made the right decision to protect the rest of the family.

Let me ask you something...If your boss came to you and said "I'm shooting myself in the face, but because you work for me I'm going to shoot you in your face too. But only if you want, I'll understand if you don't want to".

Would you say "Hell yea boss, but before you do, lets take out the rest of the family"

Of course thats an extreme example. But when you get sometime. Go back count up all the dead Philly members vs. the other cities and come back here and tell me that you dont at least understand my thought process.

I'm not saying you have to agree with my choice, but at least acknowledge that I truly believe in "Family First".

In case you haven't noticed, I'm not the type to follow the traffic...I pave my roads.
Report Post Tip
uhmm didn't you shoot HIS Capt ?

Or are we leaving the catalyst to the burn out ? Oh that's right you were justified because some dumb as MM in his crew shot at one of your capt ? Instead of shooting that MM and informing Jimmy who had always done right even by your own admission...

Your world at large crap may work on the sheep Marietta but Little Bo Peep lost me decades ago.
Report Post Tip
Thank you Godmother for your kind words.
Report Post Tip
Thinly veiled I didn't fancy getting killed by Billy again so would rather look like a gutless cunt thread imo.
Report Post Tip
I suppose it depends on what you were. Were you a "captain", holding a branch of the Godfathers family beneath you, or were you a separate CL running a family in the same city. The former, you made the wrong choice. The latter, perhaps you made the right one.
Report Post Tip
You say you got rid of my father for shooting Your captain. The exact same thing you did to his captain. Instead of waiting for my father or discussing the demise of his captain you took his captain out. My father only repaid the favor. He did what he thought was right at the time and went through with his decision. His time was done in this world and he had known it, Many a times he stood back and many a times he killed his own for reasons he believed to be justified by proof provided by yourself and NY. Yet you felt that you needed to shoot his captain and give answers later on this occasion.

Don't get me wrong my father was thankful for the opportunity given to him by you and Detroit, and at the same time was happy when he slowly faded away into the afterlife because even though he went to war with you it killed him on the inside to war those he called brother and sister.

No matter what happens or the outcome of these events, hopefully this will have sparked some change in this world

As for myself I am just visiting for a bit and will be leaving this world. I will be joining my daddy up in heaven.
Report Post Tip
Very well said Jimmy.

Odd: "under any other circumstances" You mean like if you hadn't been promised to keep a city and claim it as long as you remain a puppet? Or like if you had the balls to think you stood a chance to face the bullies? *any* other circumstances? Really?

"if anyone has a problem with that, you are more than welcome to talk to me about it. I just ask that when you do, you provide me with the respect you would give any other Don. I demand it."

immediately after: "I honestly don't give two shits." A bit hypocritical.

By the way, don't piss off Butt_Ox as he won't respect you. And don't expect TR to respect you either. He only demands respect but never gives it. But don't worry, being their puppet you'll be fine. I guess living is all that matters to you.

Marietta:

"I'm a woman who thinks not only about herself and her own city, but the world at large."

Of course you do. How else could you be the control freak that you are if you didn't?

You got rid of Jimmy for shooting your Captain? What was he to do when you wiped out a whole crew, not just a leader? Could it be that you feared that some cities were growing too big?
Report Post Tip
'I just ask that when you do, you provide me with the respect you would give any other Don. I demand it.'

I am struggling to think of another don as spineless as yourself.
Report Post Tip
Oh, Iran...I forgot you were there. You may go now.
Report Post Tip
Woe is me. The worlds most spineless don has forgotten about me. I am devastated.

I hope when you click your way to godfather people bump this post to the top to remind you at what cost you got your empty title.
Report Post Tip
By the way, don't piss off Butt_Ox as he won't respect you.

Very myopic thinking, Nightmare. You can piss me off, and depending on who you are, I might still respect you. I'll kill you, but I might still respect you.
Report Post Tip
Nice attempt at an explanation. I don't really believe you though.

I suspect your thought process had more to do with your friendship with Thomas and Marietta, and an understanding that they are pretty much unbeatable as things stand in this world at the moment. Rather more self-preservation than a disagreement on principle with the causes of the war, as you would have us believe.

Personally, I find your choices unsurprising, but massively disappointing.

This whole war was really about standing up to two or three people who have taken it upon themselves to control and dictate every aspect of this life. They have the strength to do so, and as we have had ably demonstrated once again, there's not a damned thing anyone can do about it.

An old friend of mine (and yours) once told me it was better to die on your feet than live on your knees. He had a point. Jimmy simply got fed up of being treated like a bitch, despite being the Godfather of his own city.

This decision to opt out of this war showed the entire country that your interest these days is in self preservation, not principle. In achieving that vaunted rank, not acting like a leader who deserves it. In looking after number one, not being a part of a greater movement.

Keep steady, Odd. Keep your head down. Keep doing nothing outside the norm. You'll achieve that rank you seem to crave so much... I just wonder how hollow an achievement it will be with this act of treachery on your conscience.
Report Post Tip
That is interesting..you talking about the Friendship that our family lines have. Mine and Thomas and Marietta. Its the same friendship that I had with JimmyTheLionHeart. And will have with his son, and his grandson, etc etc...

you see, its the same group of friends. Of course...how soon we forget, my pop was killed by ThomasRourke...Why? Because he shot at Marietta. I know! he's a crazy animal...or was he a puppet? hmmm.

It's so nice that you all THINK you know how things are, when you are SOOOO far off.

Your bitterness is clouding your perception...

PS: can I borrow a few mill? there are some folks without homes... I'm not sure whos responsible for that.

I do know that thanks to Odd, there were 100 spaces available.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: My position
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL