Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:48:30
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Let's Debate Started by: Frank_Clericuzio on Jun 15, '09 01:37
My lineage has seen many wars and yet the same topic continues to be an argument on who's right and who's wrong in regards to loyalty.

I come before the wise councilmen to debate this conversation I overheard.

Does a Don follow the Don that gave him/her their start into a war that would cause members of his family to die when he does not believe in it or does he stand for what he/she feels is just and protects his family and keep them safe?
Report Post Tip
I think peanut butter should not be given to dogs. It seems kinda mean to watch them sit there and keep licking and licking and licking and licking.
Report Post Tip
LOL thanks Naomi I gave my dog peanut butter and your right it was mean but he enjoyed the licking.
Report Post Tip
dunno, sounds like a pretty loaded premise. bit like a courtcase where a judge introduce the defendant as a violent sociopathic murderer.
Report Post Tip
Yeah but which one is which. The grandfather that wants his child to follow him/her or the father/mother that is trying to raise their own children?
Report Post Tip
Well if we are talking generalities I would say you owe more loyalty to your superiors than your subordinates. Otherwise you get a case of the tail wagging the dog.
Report Post Tip
Thanks Bateman thats a good point. However to keep this debate burning! What soldier want's to follow a general that cares nothing for his troops. A general that merely follows orders. Patton never followed orders he changed them as he went of course I sure Omar Bradley thought of giving him the boot.
Report Post Tip
I think there is a point where in that Don given auth should pay back whatever his superior gave to him or her, but then only to a point. Because there will come a day that this Don will want to have a life of his or her own, no longer lingering under their subordinate's shadow.

But then, that one who gave the auth might see this as a rebellion and surely over power their subordinate. Thus, resulting to possibly massive genocide or a carefully sought out assassination leaving many homeless, or in some rare cases, there happens a miracle where the student conquers it's master.
Report Post Tip
Yes jennifferAlison thats true. Once in your in your always in. So then the understanding is, you have been given a family but you still belong to the person that gave you your start. Therefore the soldier that follows has to understand their fate. I notice that most Dons never lasted long because of these different ideas. Leadership changed often because of desire or malice. Dons died what was left remind until the commission would select or the family choose the right person that the commission agreed on. New Dons but old family names until a great one would rise up and the name would change to reflect that great leader. But again who's right and who's wrong. JennifferAlison I apperciate your answer it is the truth of our days. Does anyone have a different view? I wounder.
Report Post Tip
Of course my answer, for it is based on the truths present today, and it pains me to see this.

I miss the old days, as my father told me.

A family was a family. A don was a don. Godfathers were omnipresent beings, never in power, but always powerful.
Report Post Tip
That was a great time Mrs. JenifferAlison. My father also expressed that concept to me. But as we all know and see with time all things change; sometimes for he good and others, well need I say more.
Report Post Tip
It's MS. Jeniffer Alison.

And yes, you do not have to divulge more into what you were going to say.

I get it. But still, I miss the good old days.
Report Post Tip
Oooh MS Jeniffer Alison Salut.

My father spoke often of those days he loved and live everyday with pride.
Report Post Tip
Winks

My father's father's father was the one who lived those days, and boy oh boy, even if he was a lapdog to ever don he knew, he was living large because no one was there to take him as a slave, but a friend who helps.
Report Post Tip
I am going to disregard this entire argument because you are asking what a particular Don should do as a general reaction to a specific situation.

In life, there are no concrete rules. Every reaction is based on a particularized set of circumstances as they exist at a given point in time.

So...to answer your question "what should he do?":

He should do what he feels is the best course of action at the time.
Report Post Tip
I never said anything about a particular Don. I asked what do you consider to be right; a Don that follows his mentor or one that protects his crew.
Report Post Tip
No right answer on this one.

Play along with your mentor's plans and be deemed a sheep who can only follow others, or stay out of it and be deemed a coward by friends and peers.

Regardless of your choice, the sun will come up and the bills will still have to be paid. Just pray you have thick enough skin to take the heat that WILL COME.
Report Post Tip
LOL that so true Deanovich you said it all my friend. Beautifully put thanks.
Report Post Tip
Ahem.

In my most awesome opinion, being one that is true for each and every person and in each and every situation, a Don, being the boss of his own family, should do whatever is best for his family. It's what he's there for. To lead his criminal organization into prosperity. It's all about money. And you don't make much money when dead.

I think the problem is that a lot of people are irrational silly people who believe in reincarnation. They're willing to sacrifice one life just for the hell of it; they'll just come back and try again. Which is stupid. Only I can reincarnate. The rest of you are met by oblivion after that bullet finds its way into your head.

Loyalty to one's own family is paramount. If you know your family will fail if you take this or that course of action, then it's stupid to do so. It's ridiculous to fight "for the good of the mafia community". The mafia community is your rival. You should fight only for the good of your family. After all, you want your rivals to fail. Because if they do, your family does better, makes more money, and gains more power. Obviously you might fight alongside an allied family. But only if it's good for business. We're criminals, after all. Not Christian missionaries.

And stuff.
Report Post Tip
Awesome you have alway been awesome expressing yourself and once again you tip the scales.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Let's Debate
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL