Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:07:52
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Premier and his View Started by: Premier on Jun 15, '09 14:33
After my esteemed Godfather Thomas gave his speech, I decided soon after I should do the same. I am still in a daze, trying to rebuild my family, our city, and this thing of ours. To pretend both sides didn't take hits is stupid. We are all affected by this war, some more than others.

Everything started that Thursday for me. I was out to dinner in Las Vegas with Katie. Our waiter informed me I had a call from a man named Thomas. Our Heads of Security were always sure to stay in contact with one another to know where we were. When I spoke to Thomas he told me I needed to free myself up, he then explained to me the AlfonsiTimello situation. I fully supported the decision and was on my way.

Later that evening I got the word from one of my guys that they saw Jimmy stepping off a plane not 30 minutes before Don Cruel of Detroit was shot. I called Marietta's office and told her what was going on. Hanging up, I then told my head of security to get in touch with Thomas and ready the crew. I walked into my office and loaded the guns. I knew it was going to be a long, hard night. Had no idea it would become this long and this hard. Sort of like Butt Ox's male organ.

We shot at Jimmy and he shot at us. The war went on for hours, when I got first word from Thomas that we might have other problems. Seemed a few other cities had selfish ideas and wanted to destroy New York and Detroit for their own greed. Thomas informed me that he had killed Adrian, hopefully forcing Chicago to back out. When they did not, I took a trip to Chicago myself and I caught a taxi to Prayer's house. I kicked in his door laying down automatic fire with a Thompson Sub Machine Gun. Prayer was dead. Welcome to the Jungle I thought.

I understood why New Orleans was involved in the war, it only made sense and I fully expected them to join. What I did not understand was why Chicago wanted to join, other than them being persuaded by certain power hungry, greedy women in their crew. As for LA, their sole reasons for joining seemed to be "We won't bow down any longer", which I assume made sense to them. To everyone else? Hardly. LA has been run by them for quite some time, and the only thing New York ever did that effected LA was banning Don Gravol from coming into New York. They were never forced to do anything, made to do things they didn't support. They were their own city

and could do whatever they liked. Apparently what they liked is joining a war for the sole purpose of trying to get even or some type of twisted sense of validation. Am I disappointed in their choices to try and ruin the way this thing of ours is? Yes, extremely, for their own selfish greed and whatever dream world they thought they lived in, countless people died for little to no reason.

One other thing that has been bothering me, is this Project Freedom, declaring that they are the underdogs of society and were vastly out numbered by NY and DT. It was 4 cities vs 3. 4 Godfathers vs 3. We were the underdogs, and we were outnumbered.

But as I have always said, the good Lord will let the good survive and have the evil wiped out by good men. As Thomas said before, he was one of the main reasons for the war but was never shot at?? I was shot at by Brick_Politt and Vicodin, both failing of course. Yet they never took a shot at Thomas? Were they not even aware of the reasons they took us to war? I Hate THOMAS SO MUCH, but no one shoot at him? I guess I will never understand some of the reasons or some of the things people decided to do during this war.

I saw no heroes on Project Freedom. I only saw greedy people with selfish ideas, reasons for trying to take out two of the greatest cities ever. Things in the coming weeks will be hard to rebuild, the body count will probably grow as Freedom wants to try to make more uncalled for attacks upon us in our weakened state.

Victory comes at a cost, and this cost was way to great. Sickens me

Through my speech you saw me mention when a Don in Detroit died, I went to the mattresses as well? I'm not a part of Detroit. I know they would have done the exact same for New York, and that is why it was my first reaction. My friend in a coffee shop told me after the war was over.

<depth> And really our entire city can't thank you enough for your help

The idea of being thanked never crossed my mind. I was doing the right thing, so that the next day I'd be able to look myself in the mirror and be ok with what I have done. I know Detroit would have fully been there with us and now Las Vegas as well. If you can't count on your friends, then you might as well be LA.</depth>
Report Post Tip
You're right Don Premier. There was absolutely no need for some of those people to join in the war, they put the world we know at risk by doing so and it is only through the determination of those that are left and the gods that we are just about coping now.

My Father Vehellione was personally thanked by Godmother Marietta for witnessing something, something which he was later shot for by a different godfather for doing so. My father never expected what he witnessed to have such devastating effects upon our world, but had he known what would happen he would not have changed it. While there were a lot of lives lost, the people that got him to that position which he reached are ultimately safe, and that is all he wanted.

You guys overcame the odds to protect your cities, and I'm sure there are more than a few who greatly appreciate what you have done.

V.
Report Post Tip
Many things can come from this war Prem, it's all on how you look at it.

Sammy shakes his head

Okay, that's not exactly true, now is it? There is one thing that can be seen from this war; grief. The knee-jerk reaction from Jimmy set something off that can only be described as cataclysmic. The death toll recently is ridiculous, many people who should have lived long and prosperous lives died during this war... and for what?

Sammy waits for an answer

Nothing. The innocent people from New York and Detroit all died hero's deaths, fighting for their respective cities. All in all though, the war was full of hastily made decisions, and improperly judged reasons. As you stated, New Orleans was the only city who had any real reason to join the war. Their reason was... justified certainly, but taking into consideration the sheer power of Detroit and New York, they must have known it would end in nothing but death for them. In regards to that, they must have also known it would lead their family members to death as well. I don't know how someone could openly lead themselves to death, as well as all of their colleagues and friends. Granted I have more respect for the leaders of New Orleans, who at the very least had some valid reason for fighting, I still think they should have not fought on behalf of a poorly thought out decision that Jimmy made.

My father died in this war and left me some of his journals, every time I read them I gain more and more respect for the man. While other people were whining and moaning about getting their protection shots, my father(may he rest in peace,) sat there and killed relentlessly for his city. The bravery and loyalty he showed for giving his protection shots away to those who needed them more is an act that I don't think many could pull off. Obviously those from LA and Chicago were cowards. I say that blatantly, and I say it proudly. Leading your families into certain death is a cowardly act, and nobody should ever forget that.

<depth> And really our entire city can't thank you enough for your help</depth>

I thank you as well Premier, and Thomas... and all of those who fought like warriors. Without your bravery and courage, as well as your unwillingness to bend or break in things that you believe in, this world would not be the same. I salute you, all of you.

Sammy salutes Prem and walks off into the distance, muttering about people with no spines.
Report Post Tip
I understand and respect what you mean, but defacing gravestones is simply disgusting and rude
Report Post Tip

There was absolutely no need for some of those people to join in the war, they put the world we know at risk by doing so and it is only through the determination of those that are left and the gods that we are just about coping now.

I realise history is written by the victors, so this is moot. However, just as NY didn't hesitate to step in and assist Detroit, where their loyalties lay, other cities stepped in on the other side. I don't see anything wrong in either case. As I said elsewhere, we saw the catastrophic consequences of another country-wide war, however, those leaders that chose to engage had earnt the privilege of that position. To discuss the ins and outs of their decision is wasted energy I feel.
Report Post Tip
I agree with Boaby, but the war is over. Put the past behind us. Now its time for the future anyways.
Report Post Tip
Why is everyone saying Jimmy's decision was poor. Mari-Fucking-Etta shot HIS capt with out going to him first, Mari-Fucking-Rourke-ietta was the one who started this for Christ sake wake up.

We all know some lame ass MM used their perma auth and shot at Cruel, big deal kill the MM and go to Jimmy with the laundry list. Let Jimmy do what he had done every other time which was handle his own. Call it what it is people don't push blame ...
Report Post Tip
Shakes hands with the young man and smiles graciously.

Thank you! No one ever uses my full name anymore. It's always "Marietta" this or "Marietta" that. I'm just glad the public hasn't forgotten that my Christian name is Marietta May Fucking Rourke Rossi. You've made my entire day!

Turning towards Premier she gives the man a watery smile and bows her head.

As for what you had to say, Don, I will try to take a few moments to come up with a more appropriate response. But yes, as one of my associates told you in the coffeeshops, "Thank you" certainly tops that list.

Marieta steps back for a few moments to try and formulate all her thoughts and order her emotions into a more productive response.
Report Post Tip
I once invaded Cuba and won!
Report Post Tip
Sammy Rourke, I respect you're view that you're father was a brave, loyal guy and an all round decent bloke. I see that you are being earnest when you say that you 'gain more and more respect for him' every time you read his journals. I couldn't agree more that giving away his protection shots shows a generosity of spirit above and beyond the call of duty. However maybe it is best to leave these observations to someone more.... objective. After all we would all love to write our own reviews but there're only so many times you can pat yourself (or your departed father) on the back in public without it beginning to look slightly immodest.
Report Post Tip

"We all know some lame ass MM used their perma auth and shot at Cruel, big deal kill the MM and go to Jimmy with the laundry list."

This "lame ass MM" shot at a CL's BGs and his CL's reaction was, and I quote "LOL". This wacking at CL's BGs was supposed to stay under wraps, but he publically stated that if another CL found out that he would simply just take his gun. It wasn't until Marietta has to ask if there was going to be some actual kind of punishment for this "lame ass MM" for shooting at Detroit CL's BGs that he actually gave a punishment.

Later on, this same "lame ass MM" shoots at a crew leader using perm auth which gives full notification to the CL and the RHM. What was reaction? Take a pro shot, and hope the witness statement doesn't surface.

Allowing your crew, and specifically, allowing your same member to continue to attack crewleaders and through inaction - promote this behavior by not punishing them unless another CL pushes the issue.

Allowing your members to attack other CLs puts everyone at risk, and this type of behavior can not be allowed under any circumstances.
Report Post Tip
Gaius had been leaning against his favorite lamp post trying to decide which city to head to next... post time war drugs were flourishing

Don Premier, my blood line has been with you since the beginning. You have taught my entire blood line the ways of this wonderful thing of ours .

It was my blood line's life honor to serve alongside you and die in this war.

That being said. Mr. concacaf stated:

Why is everyone saying Jimmy's decision was poor. Mari-Fucking-Etta shot HIS capt with out going to him first, Mari-Fucking-Rourke-ietta was the one who started this for Christ sake wake up.

We all know some lame ass MM used their perma auth and shot at Cruel, big deal kill the MM and go to Jimmy with the laundry list. Let Jimmy do what he had done every other time which was handle his own. Call it what it is people don't push blame ...

I believe you have a sack made of steel. To stand openly in the streets and disrespect a Godmother I have come to know and love like family. I fully support her actions in this war, she had every right to take down a threat to her family. Just because Jimmy was off with his hookers, instead of taking care of fucking business.

Gaius reached in his pocket and pulled a smoke... lighting it with a match... and inhaling deeply

Now as for your... blatant disrespect of my Godmother. I can understand that after losing your entire family, and side during this war, you are... emotional. Will that stop you from receiving a bullet to the skull? No, I don't think so.
Report Post Tip
To quite frankly put it. Jimmy did make a knee jerk decision. One that did set off a huge war. Did Jimmy and detroit always work out there problems with words rather then guns? Yes they did. So much to Jimmy's amazement when he began being approached with messengers while doing otherworldly things that his captain was killed, he raced home to the best of his ability to see that the rumor his captain had been wiped out and his family too was real.

The question you must ask yourself is, had Jimmy been in The opposite shoes, wiping out one of Detroits, Do you think Detroit would have let it go?. We are mobsters, people preach about this everyday. Jimmy acted like one and stood up for his captain and his own respect therefore I commend him on that. Sadly from what I have gathered through some of my own intelligence is that Jimmy was also back stabbed by one of the very family lines he had given numerous chances to. That of the StJimmy family line. His son now resides within the walls of New York. You may all know him as colonelsanders. This is the same man who people seen with jimmy helping him plan his shots on some of Detroits and NY Members.

It is sad that the events lead to so many deaths. Many a people lost loved ones, The only thing we can do is work together to rebuild . With the death of Jimmy and others comes new life. New life with a new drive to make something of this world.

I for one am ready to do my part.
Report Post Tip

After all we would all love to write our own reviews but there're only so many times you can pat yourself (or your departed father) on the back in public without it beginning to look slightly immodest.

Sammy nods to the gentleman quoted above and shakes his hand.

Well played mate, but there's some of us who just don't care about modesty.
Report Post Tip
*Marley pulls out his ear plugs, which he's been using to block out all the whining going on by the foreigners fresh off the boat*
*listens to his Don's thoughts and gives a little input*

I support everything that happened. Stupid people, make stupid decisions, stupid decisions aren't so smart, get my drift??
Think about it, but some don't think they jump to conclusion and end up looking stupid.
Stupid is as stupid does!!

*turns and hopes in the backseat as his guard closes the door*
*jumps back out to take his picture for the Feds and hopes back in*
Report Post Tip
I like this Premier guy. He is so correct!
Report Post Tip
Megazord, what makes you think Colonel Sanders is a relation of St Jimmy? One was a former man of the cloth, the other sells chicken. It's quite a leap in logic to suggest they are related.

(OOC: There is no rule that all our accounts have to be children of the predecessor)

Even if there was a blood relation, what makes you think he wants the whole world to know it? Guess it doesn't matter now, since you decided to come out here and volunteer the information to the entire world on his behalf. One of the cardinal rules of the mafia is knowing when to keep your mouth shut. If I was in Colonel Sanders' shoes, you'd be a dead man. If for nothing else than coming out here and broadcasting my personal business.

A mobster should know better. Earlier today, someone suggested that I should seek my own family. I refused to entertain the possibility, and stated that if I WERE to take a family of my own, people would get some cold water splashed in their faces regarding how to live like a mobster. This is one of those instances. With me in power, anyone out here sticking their nose in my family's business like you have done would meet the wrong end of my gun. Then I would shoot your ten closest friends just to make my point clear.

Count your blessings that my Godfather is much more forgiving than I am.
Report Post Tip
I am glad I divulged a rats family line for what it is. If I die for it then so be it. I was raised not to fear death but to embrace it. So if it brings upon my demise then oh well.

If it makes you feel better Butt_Ox I am in Philly!

I am the one who stands 60 feet tall and holds a sword!
Report Post Tip
No shit? I best not fuck with you then. I am a mere beast of burden who has junk in the trunk.
Report Post Tip
No worries if you want I can teach you how to make some impenetrable armor. The type only the most challenging of megazord's can make.

Although you may need some people in different color costumes to help you.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Premier and his View
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL